Trying to blend back into her Life

Remembering Myself

"This is your room." Mrs Choi weakly smiled at Junri who was looking around her room.

"You liked the color of Lite Blue with white... so you asked for your room to be painted that way."

Junri hummed as a response and let her fingers roam over a piano. Apparently, her family was rich. She was actually taken aback at first, when she was going to ride a Limousine to her home. And when she saw the exterior of the house, her jaw dropped.

What more of the amazing interior?

"You loved playing the piano." Mrs Choi happily sighed. "When you were in the 3rd grade, you'd call for me-even if I was away on business trips-and urge me to listen to you play."

Junri couldn't find a reply. She felt bad for not remembering. Not for herself, but for the people who were in her life. Every connection she had with them, was all gone now.

"Well, you can settle in. A maid will call you for dinner later." Mrs Choi said and turned to leave.

"Thanks." Junri gratefuly said, not sure if Mrs Choi hear her.

"Umma. You call me umma." Mrs Choi said before continuing to walk away. And Junri swore, she heard her sniffle.

She closed the door to her room and scrutinized her room once again. It looked neat and organized.

All except the desk at the corner of the big room. It had papers all over it and the trash bin beside it was fulled to the brim with crumpled papers. She opened one of the crumpled papers and was confused to see an unfinished drawing of a Unicorn.

*Maybe I was some sort of Unicorn fanatic...* She thought to herself and re-crumpled the paper and put it in the trashbin. The papers on the desk were all unfinished. It was all drawings of places. But something with the way she drew it made it seem sad and depressing. It was like there was this aura of melancholy radiating from it. Just by the way the of the lead pencil were on the paper, made anyone who look at it feel the sadness.

"You drew those."

Junri jumped back, startled. She turned her head side ways and saw Zelo leaning on her door frame.

"You make drawing an outlet." He continued and walked inside the room.

"Is there something everyone's not telling me?" Junri suddenly asked as she sat on the chair that was paired with the desk.

"Why do you ask that?" Zelo asked back and took one of drawings that were posted on the wall in front of the desk. It was a painting of his skateboard. A gift from her on his birthday. It was just a copy, the original was in a portrait in his room.

"I could feel it. Like I'm missing something huge that happened." Junri said as she examined one of the pencils on the pencil holder. "And everyone's holding back on something."

"Because there are things that we think you shouldn't remember." Zelo said.

"Isn't that for me to decide?" Junri raised an eyebrow.

"If you were the one deciding, you would've thought the same." Zelo pointed out. "Nobody wants to hurt."

"So you're saying the truth will hurt me?" Junri twisted his words.

"I didn't say that." He sighed. This side of her didn't seem to be forgotten. It was the side that was determined to find the truth. "It's just that the person or people who were involved thought it was best too."

"What about what I think is best?" Junri asked.

"You don't know for sure what is best, noona. Maybe when you remember, you'll understand why we don't want to tell you." Zelo softly said.

"Then why hide it from me if I'll remember anyway?" Junri glared at him.

"Because we're not sure if you really will remember anything..." Zelo brokenly whispered.

Junri froze, and her anger that was bubbling before resided.

"When are you all going to tell me everything?" Junri asked.

"Little by little. The Doctor said it could help you remember." Zelo replied and started to walk back to the door. "I'll be in my room, noona. You can always go there if you get lonely. Just 2 doors down the hall." With that, he closed the door behind him. Leaving Junri alone again.

*Alone.* She repeated in her mind. She brought her legs up and hugged her knees. *When you're in a life full of people you only remember as strangers, all you can feel is loneliness. All you can ever be is alone.*

She lay on her bed and sat up when she felt something small hit her back. She searched the blankets and saw a necklace. It was silver, and it was in a shape of a compass.

*What the heck does this even mean...?* She sighed and put the necklace on the bedside table before lying on the bed again. *I wish I could remember...* But she remembered what Zelo had told her earlier. *Don't I?*


Sorry. It's been a while. Be patient with me, please. School has been pretty rough on me. But, I hope you like this story :)