Who am I?

Remembering Myself

I could feel myself slowly waking into consciousness, but my eyes were still heavy. I could hear voices though.

"She's alright, right? Tell me she's alright!" I could hear someone yell, and hushing sounds from other people followed.

*Who are they talking about? And how many people are there?*

"The severe blow on her head can cause memory loss. The chances of that are 50-50." A gruff old voice informed. He seemed unshaken by that yelling guy from earlier.

"I asked you if she'd be alright." The voice from earlier said with a shakey voice.

"Zelo. Calm down."

*Zelo...? That's a weird name...*

"If she somehow loses her memories, how far back will she go?" Another voice asked. This one was of a female adult. Maybe a parent.

"On her medical records, it seemed she already suffered from a similar accident. Only this time, she was inside the car, not outside." The gruff voice replied. "Maybe from that time."

"But she was only 3 years old that time..." That Zelo guy whispered, but the room we were in was quiet enough to let his voice resonate.

Wait-where am I anyway?

I slowly opened my eyes, and sat up. I could feel cold hands support me, but I lightly pushed them away uncomfortably.

Whoever did that, should know about personal space. Hello? That's not what you do to someone you've just met.

I blinked a few times so my eyes could adjust, and I was surprised to see 15 people in the room. 16-if you add me. There were like 12 teenage boys there, but they seemed... separate. I don't know. They just look like they belong to different cliques. Anyway, there are also three adults there. 1 female around her mid 40s and another male around the same age. But there was this other guy who looked 50 and he was wearing some sort of white coat.

A doctor.

"Junri? Can you hear and see us?" A bun-looking guy waved his hands, which was weird since he was like 2 feet away from me.

"Stupid! She got hit in the head, not the eyes or ears!" Another scolded. He looked really... pretty?

"Shhhh!" Another shushed. He looked like fricking tree with that height of his.

"Junri sshi. Can you tell me who these people are?" The doctor, who was in the middle of everyone, asked.

I looked sideways to see if he was talking to me. And he was.

"Me?" I pointed to myself. I cleared my throat, noticing my voice was hoarse. "I'm Junri?"

Everyone seemed to surprised with what I said, because everyone gasped, and the adult woman looked like she could faint.

"Yes, Junri sshi. What do you remember?" The doctor asked-apparently me.

"Remember..." I repeated. And that's when my eyes widened.

 

"Nothing."

 

The woman really did faint. It's a good thing the man beside her caught her. The other guy beside her-who was also freakishly tall like Mr tree-seemed like he was paused.

He didn't even look like he was breathing.

"I thought you said she would remember things until she's 3!" Another hissed at the doctor. He had sandy hair and he was beside the tall baby-faced one.

"Hey don't disrespect elders." I blurted out. They all seemed rather surprised though.

Was I rude or something before?

"It was an unconfirmed theory. It seems, she can't remember anything at all." The doctor said.

"We know that now." Another rolled his eyes. He looked scary, and he was beside Mr Tree.

I just blinked, unable to comprehend what-or who they were talking about.

"Noona." Zelo croaked. He was looking at me, and thats when I noticed his puffy eyes.

*Was he crying?*

"Noona." He repeated with a cracked voice.

*Is he talking to me?*

"Junri Noona." He repeated with a sob.

*He IS talking to me.*

"I'm your... noona?" I asked him, feeling guilty that I made someone cry. I don'tknow why, but my heart feels like its been stabbed when I see tears flowing down his cheeks.

Was he special to me? Gahd. I can't remember.

"Yes, Junri noona. Can't you remember me?" He sobbed beside my bed, kneeling and resting his arm on the foam.

"I..." I faltered when I heard his crying. *WHY CAN'T I FREAKING REMEMBER?!* "I can't... I'm sorry..." Is all I managed to say. Because I really can't. It's like a black cloth has covered everything inside my head.

Nothing.

"I'm going to run some tests. Please try not to remind her of too much information yet. It's not good to stress her now." The Doctor informed everyone, but I think no one was listening.

Mr tree, scary guy, bun guy, pretty guy, and chiseled jaw guy were just stealing worried glances of the quiet guy that was near the window. He wasn't even looking my way. So why is he here? I thought I was the patient. Oh wait, why do I care? I don't even know him.

But that guy... he seemed broken somehow. I could tell by his soulless eyes that were looking through the window.

Did something happen to him? Maybe he got memory loss too. I don't know. But why do I feel like I should care? Or that I really DO care?

Anyway, the other group of boys on the opposite side of the bed were either comforting Zelo or they were crying themselves. And the two adults were sitting by the couch, just staring at me.

Maybe I was an escape convict who forgot everything and I did something to this family?

Or am I just over thinking?

I sighed at the thought.

Who am I?

Junri? Who is she? Is that really me?