Ajumma

He/She is MINE!

Working day… As usual… I’m going to the boutique and bringing NaHyun along with me. It’s better than leaving her at home and hire someone. My workers like to play with NaHyun and it made me feel relief that she’s here.

“Omma~~~” I heard NaHyun whining so I rushed out from my office and went toward her. She’s sitting on the floor with my workers surrounding her. I quickly run toward her, squatting in front of her.

“NaHyun-ah.. Wae?” I pulled her up to stand. She wiped her tears with the back of his hand cutely.

“Omma… That ajumma scold me..” she pointed toward someone who’s somewhere behind me. I turned around and looked at where NaHyun pointed at. That girl… Suzy? Why is she here again? I looked back at NaHyun.

“What had you done?”

“Miss… NaHyun just accidentally bumped into her but she scolded her for running around.” Bora told me. NaHyun wrapped his arm around my neck and sobbed on my shoulder.

“It’s fine.. Don’t cry.. Omma will talk to her..” I soothe her, caressing her back trying to calm her down. “NaHyun-ah..” I pulled away and looked at her.. “Go and play with Bora unnie first.. I’ll go and see you later.” she nodded and held Bora’s hand. Bora know what I mean by and bring NaHyun with her.

I stood up and made my way toward that girl, Suzy. “Excuse me, miss.” She turned around, stopping her search of dress.

“Wae?”

“I’m sorry to say this but.. You’re not supposed to yell at the child when it’s not her fault at all.” I tried not to sound rude at her as she’s my customer.

“The child that bumped into me just now? It’s her fault.. She should be careful.”

“But she’s still a child.. Even if she hit you accidentally, it’s not her fault.. There’s no need to scold a kid.”

“Why is that matter with you?”

“She’s my child.”

“Oh! That’s interesting…” she looked at me while crossing her hand on her chest. “Alright.. I’m sorry.. I never thought that she’s your daughter. Mian..” she apologised but never one did I saw sincerity from her word and expression. But.. What can I do when she’s standing here as my customer. I can’t fight her back.

“Thank you.. I hope this won’t happen again.” I hope she don’t notice how hard I held back my anger like how I clenched on my fist right now. She just nodded while giving me that annoying smile. Never want to talk to her anymore, I left and went to my office to find NaHyun who’s currently with Bora right now.

NaHyun is sitting on the couch while Bora squat down in front of her, trying to play with her.

“Bora..” she stood up and face me.

“Miss…”

“Omma~~” NaHyun ran toward me and hug my knees while looking up at me cutely.

“You can go back to work now, Bora..” she nodded and left us. I squat down to be in the same level as NaHyun. “Wae?” I caressed her right cheek softly as she kept pouting.

“Did you scold that ajumma?”

“Ne… She said sorry to you..”

“I don’t like that ajumma.”

“NaHyun! Did I teach you to say like that?!” I raised up my voice a bit just to be strict at her.

“But she scold me..”

“Doesn’t mean that you need to hate her.” she lowered down her head, avoiding my eyes. “Don’t say like that anymore.. Promise omma?” we made our pinky promise. “Good girl.”

“Omma.. Can I talk with appa?”

“Appa? Wae?”

“I want to talk to him… Is appa busy?”

“Wait..” I stood up and took my phone on my table. I dialled ChangJo’s number to try whether he’ll answer it or not. If not, that mean he’s on his schedule right now.

“Yeoboseyo..” he answered the called. “Jagi~” he cooed at the other line.

“Jonghyun-ah..” as soon I called out his name, NaHyun ran toward me and wanted to took my phone from me by helding out his hand. “NaHyun want to talk to you.” I picked up NaHyun in my arm and turn on the loudspeaker.

“Appa~~” she excitedly called out his father.

“NaHyun-ah.. Wae? You miss appa?”

“Ne~~ Appa~~ Can I meet you, appa?”

“Mian, NaHyun-ah.. Appa have works to do.. But appa promise that I’ll go home when appa don’t have any work.”

“Ani~~~ NaHyun want appa now~” NaHyun whined at ChangJo.

“NaHyun-ah… Appa mianhae..”

“Mianhae, Jonghyun-ah… Don’t worry about NaHyun.. Focus on your work.” I said because I know ChangJo can’t stand it if NaHyun begging him like this. I know ChangJo want to just come here and embrace NaHyun in his arm but because of his work, he held it.

“What happened? Did something happened to NaHyun?” he asked me and I know that he’ll ask that. NaHyun will search for his appa if something bad happened.

“Appa~” I haven’t have time to answer as NaHyun complaining to ChangJo. “That ajumma scold me..”

“Ajumma? Who?”

“I-I don’t know..” she start sobbing as she tell it to ChangJo.

“What did you do to her?”

“I..I.. I just.-“

“NaHyun bumped into that girl accidentally..” I told him instead of NaHyun.

“So that girl yell at her?” ChangJo already start to get mad as he slowly raise his voice.

“Ne… Don’t worry.. I already talked to that girl for a while..”

“Who’s that girl? I should scold her more for yelling at my daughter.”

“It’s-“

“I saw that ajumma on TV…” actually I don’t want to reveal who’s that girl but NaHyun told ChangJo the truth.

“TV? NaHyun-ah.. Is she working like me? Singing?”

“Ne.. S-suzy? I remember ajumma name.. Suzy.”

“Suzy?”

“Jonghyun-ah.. Don’t worry.. It won’t happen again..” I told him, scared that he would do something. “Go back to your work… The others might be searching for you.”

“I think they’re looking for me.. But.. If something like this happen again, tell me.”

“Appa~ You’re going? I still want to talk to you.” NaHyun took my phone and held it in her hand.

“Mianhae, NaHyun-ah… Appa need to work.. I’ll call you tonight.. We’ll talk longer later.”

“Appa promise?”

“Ne… Annyeong, NaHyun-ah..”

“Appa annyeong..”

“Jagi~” ChangJo called me and NaHyun handed me my phone back. “Bye.. I love you..”

“Bye.. I love you too..” even though I don’t want to end the call but what can I do? He got work to do. With the last word he said can make me happy even we haven’t meet for a long time.

“Omma… I want to sleep.” She looked at me with her sleepy face. I took her to the couch, lying her down on the couch. I sat beside her on the floor, patting his hair in process softly to put her into sleep. I sing lullaby for her to make her easy to fall asleep.