Niel's idea

He/She is MINE!

(ChangJo pov)

There’s never a day that I didn’t think about NaEun. I kept getting worried about her from day to day but I tried to focus on practice for our performance as we’re comeback this month. Last month, I get to escape again from the dorm early in the morning just to accompany NaEun at the hospital. Her belly start to show up a little but she tried to cover it by wearing a loose shirt. We get to hear the baby heartbeats which make me really excited just thinking about it once again every time. And what I know was that we’ll get a daughter. It’s making me excited. NaEun will be in 5 months next week and it getting me worried. She should have her holiday now.

“YA! JONGHYUN!!” I snapped out of my thought when someone suddenly yelled my name. I look up at the person who looks really mad. “What are you thinking? WHY DON’T YOU FOCUS?!  YOU KEEP MAKING MISTAKES!!” the choreographer, Minwoo hyung, who was the one observing us practicing, shout at me. He’s really mad now.

I bowed a few times and apologise to him. “Hyung.. Mianhae.. Mianhae..” I can’t think of anything instead of apologise.

“You’re spacing out just now! Can’t you be serious?! This is for you guys comeback.” He lectured me and I felt really guilty at that time. I can just lower down my head while hearing him. “Alright. Let’s stop here today. Let’s continue tomorrow.” He took his bag and went out of the room. I think he’s really mad at me as he wouldn’t end the practice this early.

“Hyung. Mianhae. I’m at fault.” I apologise toward the other members as we got in trouble because of me.

“I can’t say it’s alright because this is for our comeback. But I think you have your own reason so I don’t blame you.” ChunJi hyung comforted me.

“Are you having some problems Jonghyun-ah? You’ve been spacing out lately.” L.Joe hyung asked me.

“Nothing. I can settle it myself. Mianhae hyung about today.” I went toward my bag to pack my things and same goes to the other members. They pack their things as well.

“If you have problem, you can tell us.” CAP hyung patted my shoulder. I nodded and gave him assured smile.

“Even though I’m quite disappointed at you because you spoil our practice, but thanks to you we got to go home early.” Niel hyung cheered with Ricky, making all of us giggled at their action. “Let’s go home.” We exit our practice room and went back to our dorm.

--

“Jonghyun! What happen to you these days? Something bother you?” Niel hyung approached me in my bedroom. Since we’re back, I stayed in the room immediately. I sat on my bed and Niel sat at the edge of the bed, beside me.

“Mianhae hyung.. I mess our practice.”

“Don’t think about it again. Now.. Tell me what made you like this?”

“Actually.. I felt restless thinking about NaEun. It will be her 5 months next week and I’m worried about her. I want to stay beside her all the time to take care of her. What if something happened to her? No one taking care of her right now.” I lowered down my head, trying to hide my sadness.

“I know. I also worried about her. I really hope someone can take care of her. Don’t you think any idea yet?”

“No. I can’t think any better idea. Hyung?” I asked him back.

“I think about it but don’t know if it’s better or not.” I looked up at him, full of expectation. “What if she stay here with us?” I don’t know this is a better idea or not but somehow I wanted it to happen.

“But how? Will MinHo hyung agreed? What if they ask who she is?”

“Let’s just say that she’s my cousin. We’ll say that her husband is at overseas and no one will take care of her.”

“Will they believe it?”

“I’ll help you. But make sure that NaEun take her holiday next month.”

“I’ll tell her. Thank you hyung. I like you.” I gave him a tight hug as a grateful for helping me. I pulled away to ask him. “When will you tell MinHo hyung?”

“Let’s tell him tonight. Make sure NaEun agree to this.”

“Ne. Thank you hyung.” He patted my shoulder before he stood up and left the room. I felt a little relief after that thanks to Niel hyung. Even if NaEun don’t agree, I’ll make sure to bring her here.

--

At that night, all of us gather as usual in front of the TV, watching our favourite drama. MinHo hyung was also there as he will always be here every night to watch us from going out at night. It’s already 8.45p.m. and I felt impatient to talk about NaEun. I nudged Niel hyung who was sitting beside me to start the talk. He notices my signalled and turns to look at MinHo hyung.

“MinHo hyung. I want to ask you something.” He turns his gaze from the TV toward Niel hyung and same goes to the other members who were curious. “I’ve a female cousin.” He starts calmly but I felt nervous somehow.

“So?”

“Can she stay here for a while?”

“What?! Are you crazy?”

“She’s pregnant and her husband was away so no one taking care of her.”

“Doesn’t she have family?”

“They live far from Seoul. Please hyung~ She’ll be in her 5 months and need someone to take care of her.” I stare at Niel hyung who was trying hard instead of me. The other members just look at the both of them without any disturbing.

“But she’s a girl. How can she live here with 6 guys?”

“I’ll take care of it.” he said and then looks at the other four members. “You guys…. Won’t touch her right?” they nodded a little while later. They’re helping us.

“Alright. She’ll stay here but… when her husband come back, make sure she also go back.”

“Ne hyung. Thank you hyung. Thank you.” He stood up and bowed a few times as a grateful. I felt guilty toward Niel hyung as he was the one that pleading and even lying for me and NaEun. He’s the best friend ever for me.

“You guys go sleep. I’m going back now.” he stood up and headed toward the door.

“Now hyung? It’s still early.” L.Joe hyung said to MinHo hyung but he just left without answering. “YA! Niel! Why would you ask that? Why would she stay here?” L.Joe hyung gaze toward Niel hyung who was now sitting on the couch, continue watching the TV.

“She’s pregnant and no one take care of her. So I just want to take care of her.”

“But she’s a girl. Which room she’ll be in? Or she’ll be sharing with someone?” ChunJi hyung spoke up. I felt really bad right now. Niel hyung took all the blame from the members instead of me. I just stay still there watching them without doing anything.

“She’ll be in Jonghyun’s room. Jonghyun sleep alone and there’s another bed in the room also.” I got shocked at Niel hyung answered. Even though NaEun is her wife, he can’t sleep together if the members are in the same house. But I didn’t protest it at all.

“YA! He’s a guy. How can he sleep with a stranger in the same room?” CAP hyung complaint at Niel hyung decision.

“Jonghyun.. Are you agree to Niel hyung?” Ricky asked me who was quiet all the time.

“Huh? I.. I.. I think it’s alright. I won’t do anything bad to her.”

“Really?”

“Ne.” I said. “Hyung. I’ll sleep first.” I stood up and headed toward my room. I slept alone in this room but it was supposed to be me and L.Joe hyung but he insisted to sleep in the living room.

“Jonghyun.. Make sure you sleep. Don’t play game or texting. We have schedule tomorrow.” I can hear ChunJi hyung voice from outside the room. He’s taking care of us like a mother and a very nice hyung.

“Ne hyung.” I replied back and laid down on my bed, slowly drifting into sleep.

~~

I woke up the next morning with the sound of my phone alarm. It’s noisy outside my room so I guess the other members already woke up. I got up from the bed and took my towel before heading out the room.

“Morning Jonghyun..” Ricky greet me happily which I replied with just a smile, still felt sleepy. I sat on the couch as there’s someone in the bathroom who I guess ChunJi hyung because he’s not here with us. I sat next to Niel hyung and Ricky was at the other side of him. CAP hyung and L.Joe hyung were having their breakfast.

“Hyung.. Thank you for yesterday.” I whispered to him, avoiding Ricky from hearing us.

“It’s alright. I told you that I’ll help you.”

“And also mianhae because you took the blame and others got mad at you.”

“I said it’s alright. Don’t worry. But.. Have you told her?”

“I’ll call her later.”

“Who? Who are you two talking about?” Ricky suddenly asking both of us. He heard us. We  ignored his question by stayed silent. He gave up finally but another question from him again. “Niel hyung. When will your cousin come here? Is she pretty?” of course she’s pretty.

“She’ll come soon. She’s really pretty.” Niel hyung answered him.

“I can’t wait to meet her.” he said smile widely, expecting to meet her soon. He stood up and took his towel after ChunJi hyung already finished his bath. Both of us giggled at Ricky action, afraid that others will go before him.

“Hyung. I’ll better call her now.” I stood up and went toward my room, taking my phone and dialled her number. After a few beep, she answered it.

“Jagi annyeong.. How are you?  Are you fine?” I greet her happily.

She giggled for a while before answering back. “I’m fine Jonghyun-ah. Don’t worry.”

“Have you taken your holiday? It’s almost 5 months.”

“Not yet. Can’t I just continue to work Jonghyun-ah?”

“You have to take your holiday.”

“But I’ll be bored without doing anything.”

“I’ll take care of you.”

“Take care of me? How?”

“Actually… Niel hyung helped me. He asked for our manager permission to let you stay here. And he agreed. So you can stay here so that I’ll take care of you.”

“WHAT?! No!! I don’t want. Are you crazy? How can I stay in the same house with 6 guys?”

“You have to even though you don’t want. I’m here also so I’ll protect you.”

“I can just stay at our house. Don’t worry about me.”

“NO! If I say you stay here, YOU’LL STAY HERE!!” I emphasized the word to make her know that I don’t want any protest.

“Jagi~ Are you mad? I’m sorry. I just don’t want to trouble the others and also you. I can take care of myself for sure.”

“No! You can’t!! I’ll take care of you! Don’t protest me anymore!” I may be sound mad but I did it for her to agree to this.

“Al-alright. Mianhae. Please don’t get mad at me.”

“Ne~ But do you know what Niel hyung said to others?” I turned happy after NaEun agreed to me.

“What he said?”

“You’re his cousin. So you need to act like his cousin.”

“His cousin?” she giggled. “Alright. I’ll act as his cousin. Wait!.. Do they know that I’m pregnant?”

“Ne.. Niel hyung lied to them that your husband was away so no one taking care of you.”

“My husband? Ne.. My husband is a really bad husband.. How could he leave me alone.” she sound sad and I can hear that she pretend to sob.

“YA! I’m not bad!”

“My husband is so bad! I hate him!”

“YA!”

“But I love him so much.” I turn brightly happy with that statement.

“I love you too. NaEun-ah.. You have to take holiday as soon as possible and I’ll pick you up next week.”

“Next week? Isn’t it too early?”

“No! I’ll pick you up next week!”

“I can go by myself.”

“Jonghyun! Go take a bath now!” I can heard Niel hyung yelled from outside.

“Alright. Call me before you come. Bye. I love you.”

“I love you too. Bye.” I hang up and took my towel, headed toward the bathroom.