We're friend

He/She is MINE!

(Mark pov)

When NaEun talked about ChangJo and I used to be a friend, I got awkward and uncomfortable somehow. I agreed that we used to be friend before but then it changed and both of us become awkward to each other. NaEun didn’t know about the reason behind this. I think I know the reason but I just kept it by myself and didn’t want to tell NaEun. Oh! And about NaEun.. I got really shocked when I first saw her when she opened the door. She’s pregnant already and it’s 8 months now. It’s ChangJo’s child. It’s their child. I should congrats them but somehow the word didn’t come out. And since I saw the fight between him and Niel, it remembering about our past. We always fight but not a serious fight just like a debate between us.

“I don’t believe Jonghyun is a nice husband.” I tried to as he already spoke up. Maybe with this he can talk to me.  “He never looks like it before.”

“W-what?! Who are you to judge me?”

“Your friend.”

“F-friend? We’ve never been a friend.”

“We’ve been before.” I notice that NaEun and Niel sneaked away from us and I didn’t bother about that. I know what they’re trying to do. I think ChangJo noticed it too but he didn’t stop them at all. I think it’s the best time for us to have some talk.

“Ne.. We’ve been before but not anymore.”

“Wae? You still think about it?”

“What?”

“You still think that I’d take NaEun away from you?”

“Why should I? She’s my wife now.”

“You know that already. And why are you mad at me now? She’s yours now.”

“Because she keep spending time with you and it make me anxious.” He said with a madness shown on his face.

“It’s because she treat me as a best friend. The only friend she has now.” he rolled his eyes, didn’t believed what I said. “Have you seen her with another friend other than me? She lost her friends because of you.”

“B-because of me? What’s that mean?”

“I’m the one who she always told about her problems. She told me that her friends got to know that she’s married and they got really mad at her because they didn’t get invited to her wedding. Her friends all thought that she’s ignoring them and didn’t even though of them as a friend. That’s why they lost contact and I’m the only one she has right now.” he got shocked from what I say and which I guess he didn’t even know about it. “See.. You didn’t even know about it. Even when she want to tell the other that she’s married, she didn’t dare because she know that they will asked who’s her husband. And how can she answer them?”

“I-I didn’t know about it.” he looked really lost right now and kind of in a shock state.

“At least you know now. She needs someone. She needs a friend or maybe she needs you mostly.” I took a seat beside him and patted his shoulder. “You don’t have to worry. I’ll never take her away because she’s my friend and you’re also my friend.”

“Why aren’t you mad at me? You should have just ignored me when I act like that to you just now.” he looked at me. I heaved sigh and lean my back on the couch.

“I always thought you as my friend. What happened before already past and it won’t change. You already with NaEun and will be forever. I’ve no right to separate you two.”

“Why you didn’t change at all?” I looked up at him confusedly. “Still the same kind Mark.” We both chuckled at it.

“I know I’m kind.”

“Ya! You should change your attitude now.”

“Wae?”

“Because you’re already an idol now.”

“Idol should be kind.”

“I didn’t mean that.” I looked at him confusedly. “You should change your self-praise. Always praising yourself.”

“What?!” I sat up straight and looked at him. “Since when?”

“Just now. You said you’re kind.”

“You’re also the same.”

“I know. That’s why we’re close. Because our same attitude.” We both share laughter after a really long time. I’m relief that our problem solved and now we’re back being a friend.

“But there’s one worst thing about you…. You didn’t respect person who’s older than you.”

“YA! What?!”

“You didn’t even call me hyung. I’m older than you.”

“I’m your senior!!!” he stated, mentioning about that he debut early than me and he’s my senior in that industry.

“We’re not in that relation now.”

“Whatever. Mark!!” he emphasized my name only without ‘hyung’.

“By the way, what happened? Why aren’t you staying at the dorm?” I asked as I’ve been curious about this since then.

“We’ve some problems with other hyung.”

“What happened?”

“They know about us. They know I’m already married to NaEun.”

“How did they know?” he told me everything from when NaEun stayed with them for a few months, pretending to be Niel’s cousin. And also about the fight he has with just to protect NaEun. He brought along Niel because he don’t want Niel to have a difficult time dealing with the other members there. I kind of get worried when I heard about his story. Even though he wanted to protect NaEun, he needs to resolve the problem soon. It’s also about his career also and I know that NaEun won’t like if his career got risky. “Jonghyun-ah.. I think you need to solve this problem soon. I know protecting and take care of NaEun is important but your career is important too. You can’t have a bad term with other members for a long time. Your career will be risky and I know that NaEun don’t want that to happen. Please think about it carefully.” I patted his back just to ensure him that it’ll be alright.

“I’ll think about it.

“But.. Where did both of them go?” I said, talking about NaEun and Niel who sneaked out before.

“They’ll come home soon.” He said while taking the TV remote, flipping through channel. We watched the TV all along while waiting for the other two and having a male talk as we used to before.