Part 2

I Lost the Bet
Hyukjae slammed his front door and made his way to the living room where he intended to fall face first onto the couch and cry about his failures that evening. Instead, he found his two friends sitting happily on his couch munching away at some popcorn as they made great use of his Netflix and free movies. "It's about time you got home." The cute looking man in pink said as Hyukjae entered the room. "Teukie and I were beginning to think that she turned out to be a complete psycho and tied you up in her basement or something." 
 
Hyukjae sighed and made his way over to the couch where he took his place comfortably between his friends. "Was the date really that bad, Hyuk?" Leeteuk said as he reached across the man in the middle to grab a hand full of popcorn from Sungmin. "We know you are going to tell us so you might as well spill it while we have popcorn to go along with the entertainment." 
 
"What are you two even doing in my house anyway?" Hyukjae asked as he looked back and forth between the two. He scoffed as they stuck their tongues out in unison as a response. "Well the date was going good for the most part; you really need to meet this one because I swear to god sometimes she is more manly than the both of you." Hyukjae smiled unknowingly as he continued to talk. "I took Haemin to the aquarium and she loved it! She has this cute obsession with the clown fish, you know like the one from Finding Nemo, and during lunch she downed 75% of the pizza we ordered." Sungmin quietly held back a laugh while Leeteuk continued to munch on his popcorn. "Know what I like most about her?" Hyukjae asked causing his two friends to stare at him until he continued. "Her voice. It's not all high pitched and annoying like most of the girls you two dated." Hyukjae was  slapped on both his arms by his friends for his somewhat harsh, but oh so truthful, comment. "It was sweet like honey and kinda deep for a girl, but nice and sweet."
 
"Sungmin, it sounds like our poor little Hyukjae sure fell fast for this one." Leeteuk said as he searched through the movie selections to figure out what to watch. "If your date went that well and you like this girl as much as it sounds, what happened to make you all 'I'm going to sob on the couch all night,' and don't say that's what you weren't going to do because we could tell." Sungmin nodded in agreement as placed the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table and spread out on the couch, laying on Hyukjae's lap. "Spill it monkey," Sungmin whined. 
 
"She asked me out." Hyukjae blurted before covering his face with his hands. "She asked me to be her boyfriend, that's what is wrong!" Hyukjae shouted while his two friends stared at him unable to figure out what exactly the problem with this situation was. "I'm the guy for heaven's sake! Aren't I the one that is supposed to court her and then after several failed attempts ask her that question?" Sungmin and Leeteuk burst out in laughter only to be pushed off the couch by their angry and frustrated friend. "You guys are no help!" 
 
"What are you ing about, Hyukjae?" Sungmin said as he picked himself off the floor. "A cute girl you are attracted to asked you to be her boyfriend and you are having a problem with this?" He helped Leeteuk up and looked towards the older, "Teukie, I could have sworn that we raised him better than this." The doorbell rang interrupting their conversation. "I'll go get it, it's probably that weird guy trying to sell us a bible again." Sungmin said as he left to go answer the door. Leeteuk continued to snicker at his friend as he buried his face into a pillow to hide his shame, or rather lack of manliness. "Hyukjae, you have a visitor!" Sungmin's voice rang throughout the house as he escorted a young lady into the living room. 
 
"You must be Leeteuk," the girl said as she bowed to the older, "My name is Lee Haemin, Hyukjae has told me a lot about you." Leeteuk shook her hand as he looked to a smirking Sungmin standing in the living room doorway. "Hyukjae, you forgot your wallet at the restaurant and I never had a chance to return it when you dropped me off because you left rather quickly." Haemin walked over to the couch and held out the others wallet for him to take. "How did I find your house? It was on your ID, so don't worry I didn't follow you." She said and smiled.
 
"You ran away after she asked you?" Sungmin shouted before running a hand through his hair. "You are a hopeless ." Everyone in the room laughed except for Hyukjae who just glared at his friend before grabbing his wallet and taking Haemin's hand in his. 
 
"Thank you," Hyukjae muttered as he pulled her down and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. Hyukjae smiled as he watch the other blush. "Come on, I'll take you back home." Hyukjae said as stood up grabbing Haemin's hand and walking them both towards the door. "Feel free to let yourselves out boys." He said to Leeteuk and Sungmin as he opened the front door for Haemin.
 
The car ride to the others house was a quiet one until Hyukjae cut the engine and attempted to talk. "Listen, I'm sorry if I came off to strong or something but I like you and I'm sorry I asked you for a relationship if you weren't ready for that question." Haemin said quickly before Hyukjae could say anything. "Thank you for the ride home; I'm sorry." She quickly opened the door but before she could get out of the car she was pulled back in and felt Hyukjae's plump lips on her own. The contact only lasted a few seconds but it left the her frozen and unable to speak. 
 
"I just didn't want to admit that you beat me to asking," Hyukjae said as got out of the car and walked around to help the other out of the car. "I would really like to be your boyfriend but just so you know I'm not romantic in the slightest way, and I will go strait to the point: I have an obscene amount of on my computer." Hyukjae tried to refrain from making eye contact as Haemin broke out in laughter. "Yeah, well I'll just be going then... Goodnight." Hyukjae said quickly before waving goodbye as he climbed back in the car and watched the other walk into her house. "God I'm pathetic," Hyukjae mumbled to himself as he let his head fall forward onto the car horn. 
 
                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Donghae took his shoes off quickly before running up to his room and slamming the door. He pulled off his wig off and placed it gently on the holder Heechul bought for it before stripping himself of his feminine clothes and pulling on a pair of clean boxers and sweatpants. "Donghae what's wrong? Did that bastard leave you already? I swear to god if we bought all these new clothes for nothing I'm going to hunt Kyuhyun down and kill him." Heechul's voice sounded from the other side of the door. "I'm coming in." Heechul said before opening the door and strolling inside. The elder stopped and smirked when he saw the other laying in his bed hugging the pillow dazed. "He kissed you, didn't he?" Heechul asked and when he received no answer just assumed that he was correct, but yet again he is Kim Heechul and he is always correct. "He did. Wow this is going even better than I thought it would and it has only been the first date."
 
"Can you please leave?" Donghae mumbled, "I am trying to sort out my thoughts." As Heechul left Donghae quickly made a mad dash for the bathroom before grabbing a cup full of mouth wash. 'Our mouths touched,' Donghae thought to himself as continued to swish around the burning liquid before spitting it out. "My poor, poor mouth was violated by another guy, and I let him do it! What the hell was I thinking?" Donghae shouted to himself as washed his face off with water and made his way back to his room. Donghae fell onto his bed and crawled under his blankets before grabbing his phone to notice that he had a new message... from his boyfriend. Boyfriend... Donghae bit his lip hesitantly before sliding his finger across the screen.
 
To: Lee Haemin
From: Lee Hyukjae
 
I go into work really early tomorrow so if I forget to text or call you, I'm sorry. Have a nice day at work tomorrow, Hae. Goodnight, and don't dream of me too much. :)
 
Donghae smiled before quickly typing back a reply.
 
To: Lee Hyukjae
From: Lee Haemin
 
Hae? Who is this Hae that you are speaking to? >.< 
 
Donghae hummed as he closed his phone and waited for the other to respond. No one calls him Hae, expect for his friends, and they all had permission to. Why should he give the other that special luxury that everyone else had to work so hard to achieve? Oh that's right, it was because they were dating. "Oh this is just gross."Donghae said as he thought more about dating the other. "What the hell am I going to do when it reaches the point of making out?" He asked himself.
 
"Try your hardest not to get a ?" Heechul's voice responded from the bedroom across the hall. "Either that or just admit to him that you are a guy and you are deeply in love with him and would love to just have him shove his-"
 
"Heechul, go to bed!" Donghae shouted while covering his ears. "That's disgusting and it's never going to happen!" Donghae heard his phone buzz uncontrollably, the light coming from it lighting up his dark room. He looked at the caller ID, Hyukjae. "Goodnight Hyukjae." He said starting the conversation. 
 
"Do you mind if I call you that?" Hyukjae said his voice a little worried. "Hae, I mean. I wont call you that if you don't want me too." 
 
"Goodnight....Hyukkie." Donghae quickly said hanging up the phone before Hyukjae could respond. He was about to finally call it a night and force himself to sleep when his phone lit up one last time. 
 
To: Hae
From: Hyukkie
 
Goodnight.... Hae! :*
 
Donghae was dressed in his work clothes when Heechul came downstairs to find him making breakfast. "What happened to Haemin?" Heechul asked as he grabbed a piece of toast before scouting the other food on the table. "Give up on her already and decided to admit that you are a guy dating a guy?"
 
"Will you stop saying that I like Hyukjae!" Donghae snapped as he placed a plate of pancakes on the table. "I'm doing this only for that stupid bet and it's going to be over the moment it gets anything close to serious." He pulled out a chair and sat down opposite of Heechul before piling his plate with food. "And I'm not going to give up my normal life for this stupid thing either; I still have a job and I'm not showing up dressed as a girl." Donghae began to eat as Heechul continued to stare at him with a smile on his face. "What?" Donghae muttered with food in his mouth.
 
"Nothing, it's just that you keep saying Hyukjae." Heechul smirked triumphantly when Donghae dropped his fork on the table and coughed to prevent himself from choking. 
 
"I'm leaving to go pick up Kyuhyun for work." Donghae said finally regaining his voice and standing up. "Please don't feel the need to wait up for me." He said to the other before putting on his shoes and walking out the front door. Already annoyed with this mornings events, Donghae wasn't much happier to find that Kyuhyun was already waiting by his car. "If you can walk all the way to my house in the morning why can't you walk to work?" he asked the younger as he climbed in his car. "You completely defeat the purpose of me giving you a ride to work."
 
"I just wanted to spend more time with my favorite hyung, or is that illegal?" Kyuhyun said pouting as he buckled his seatbelt. Kyuhyun sighed as Donghae just stared at him. "Okay fine, Heechul told me that you went on a date with that guy last night and I am curious. Happy now?" He said giving up on trying to kiss , it never worked with Donghae anyway. "I want to know everything. I need to keep track of your progress to make sure that you are doing the best you possibly can, otherwise this is going to be a total waste of time."
 
"It is already a total waste of time!" Donghae shouted as he came to a red light. "I'm dressing as a lady and pretending to have feelings for Hyu- I mean this guy I don't even care about while trying to go around being normal on the side." Donghae continued to complain as he drove. "Last night I had to disinfect my ing mouth because his invaded mine! More importantly I now have a ing boyfriend!" Kyuhyun continued to smile in amusement as he wrote down everything his friend was saying. Donghae turned off the car as he pulled into the busy parking lot underneath the advertising building where he worked. Donghae was about to get out of the car when his phone went off. 
 
To: Hae
From: Hyukkie
 
What is your favorite color? Don't question me just answer, and are you free for dinner tonight? 
 
Kyuhyun burst out in laugher, "You call him Hyukkie? You got to be kidding me, that priceless!" he said trying to hold back tears. "That's so ing cute Hae! Oh god wait until I tell the others..."
 
"Cho Kyuhyun get out of my car and you are walking home!" Donghae shouted as he shoved his phone back in his pocket. There was no way he was going to answer Hyukjae when the younger was around so he could read it, no way in hell. Kyuhyun kept laughing at the older all the way up the elevator and down the halls to their office bringing weird looks at stares their way. "I swear to god if you bother me today I'm going to fire you." Donghae growled as he walked into his office while leaving Kyuhyun at his desk outside. Kyuhyun's cheerful, "Yes boss!" answer was the last thing Donghae heard before secluding himself in the silence of his office. Donghae sat down at his desk and pulled out his phone before rereading the message the other sent him. He thought for a while about Hyukjae and this whole situation he was stuck it; why didn't he just decline the stupid dare? Donghae was positive that if they both knew each other as guys he and Hyukjae would be really good friends, they did have a lot in common, but the relationship wouldn't get close enough to be ual... would it? "Stop questioning yourself, Donghae! What is wrong with you?" He asked himself. "You like girls... soft and gentle curves of girls, not ." Donghae let his head fall onto the table as he sighed, "I'm so pathetic." 
 
To: Hyukkie
From: Hae
 
Blue, like the sea~ ... and I could be free depending... 
 
Donghae quickly replied before starting his work. For an advertising manager he did a lot more paperwork than actually dealing with advertising itself. After a half an hour, and several pieces of paper being read over and signed, Kyuhyun walked into Donghae's office, unannounced as usual, with his tablet in hand. The younger never needed to announce himself; their relationship has always been close since the day he started working as an assistant to the elder, and their friendship never found it's way between the two during work hours... often. But today just wasn't one of those days. "I've sent out the mail from this weekend and it should reach our clients by Wednesday." Kyuhyun started as he read down his list. "The ad we did for the toothpaste was approved and likewise I have submitted the weird cat food application for approval on Friday so give that at least three days until we hear back from them." Donghae nodded and thanked his friend before dismissing him, but Kyuhyun turns around as he reaches the door, "And remember that we are having guys night at your house tonight, okay? I expect you to cook something amazing since I'm bringing dessert. Kangin called and told me he found some movie for tonight, too." 
 
"Okay, thank you Kyuhyun." Donghae said as he looked up from his papers. "Anything else?" he asked.
 
"Yes actually," Kyuhyun replied. "We have all come to an agreement, and you should invite your boyfriend." He quickly slammed the door shut before a pen hit against it meant for himself. Donghae, however, leaned back in his chair and sighed as he thought of what he should do. 'Hyukjae would like to hang out with me and my friends, right?' He asked himself as he picked up his phone and searched through his contacts. 'I couldn't have a boyfriend who wouldn't hang out with my friends, i mean that's just pointless....' "Oh holy ," Donghae muttered putting his thoughts on hold. "I just considered this a real relation-... know what Hyukjae? I'm just going to call you." Donghae nodded to himself as he dialed Hyukjae's number and brought his phone up to his ear. 
 
"Hello?" Hyukjae's voice answered. "Something wrong, Hae?" Donghae pouted to himself when he heard the others voice; sounded like he was worried that something was wrong.
 
"Did I disturb your work, Hyukjae?" Donghae answered in his feminine voice. "Cause if I did I will let you go, I'm sorry." He started to fell sorry; he should have considered that Hyukjae worked too and he couldn't just call him whenever he wanted, and what bugged him more was that he cared more than he should have. 
 
Hyukjae's voice answered a little bit unclear, "You didn't disturb me, I'm on lunch. Haha, sorry for that I had food in my mouth and well, so uncivilized i know." He clarified towards the end. "So what's up? I can talk for a little while." Hyukjae said sounding sincere.
 
"About tonight," Donghae started off, "We are having guys night and I thought that you would like to come hang out with me and my friends. You don't have to or anything but I just thought that you would like to meet them and to be honest I really can't have a relationship with someone who can't be friends with the people I love so-"
 
"Haemin, I would love to come and don't even say anything that makes me sound that petty again. I'm never going to stop you from hanging out with your friends and I just ask you do to the same, okay?" Donghae smiled to himself when he heard the others words. "A relationship is built on trust you know, and I trust you. So when should I be there and where is it that I am going?" A wave of quiet fell over the phone as Donghae took in the others words. Hyukjae was being so sweet and considerate, and everything he looked to find in a meaningful relationship with the girl he would marry. Only problem is this time he was the girl, literally, and he had no idea what to feel about it. "Haemin, you still there?" Hyukjae's voice said waking Donghae up from his trance. 
 
"Yeah," his voice croaked almost faltering giving away his secret. "Yeah I'm here, and it's at my house tonight at like six. Don't eat anything because I'm cooking and we're watching movies and stuff." Donghae explained. 
 
"I'm sure 'guys night' will be fun with you there." Hyukjae said teasingly. "Never knew a guys night where a girl was invited." 
 
"Yah! Be quiet Lee Hyukjae and be on time!" Donghae shouted into the phone before hanging up. "Kyuhyun come in here!" he shouted through the room waiting for the door to open and his friend to walk in. "Is all your paperwork done? Good, we are leaving for today get your stuff and let's go." Donghae told him grabbing his coat before walking out the door only to turn around and wait for the younger who was fussing around with his jacket in an attempt to catch up with him. 
 
"Can I ask why we are leaving so early today?" Kyuhyun asked as he finally caught up with the other. "Oh wait, he's coming over and you need to pick out an outfit!" 
 
"Yes, Kyuhyun," Donghae replied as they stood in the elevator. "My boyfriend is coming over tonight and I need to get ready, and lay down several ground rules with Heechul about what he will and will not do tonight."
 
"If I didn't know any better I would say you are the more mature one, Donghae." Kyuhyun replied. "But we both know Heechul hyung is wiser than you, and always right." The elevator opened and both men made their way to the car. "Do you mind if I bring things to take notes with or record proof of you being a girl and ing around with your boyfriend?"
 
"Cho Kyuhyun!"
 
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
Donghae finally got his wig securely on his heat before tying it up in a pony tail and letting it swing back and forth freely. "Okay closet, what should I wear tonight?" He said to himself as he pulled out a pair of yellow skinny jeans. "These look okay." He said before slipping the pants on and in his stomach as he attempted to button them. 'It's not your stomach, it's your .' He mentally told himself as he snapped the pants closed. 'You were just gifted with a lovely it's not your fault Donghae, it's not your fault.' After remembering to put a bra on, successfully the first time, he searched his closet until he found a pink tank top Heechul bought for him and a one of his normal white button up shirts to wear over it. Donghae looked in the mirror before grabbing his glasses and putting them on, smiling happily with his end result for this evening. 
 
"Donghae!" Heechul's voice shouted from the kitchen. "Get your downstairs and help me cook dinner before I burn the ing house down!" Donghae ran down the stairs giggling as his pony tail bounced around behind him. "It's about time we had a lady in this house to cook for us," Heechul said before turning around to meet a glaring Donghae. "Oh god what the hell are you doing with that shirt man? You look stupid, come here." Heechul said dragging the other forward by the hem of the button up shirt before tying it up around his middle in a girly fashion. "There we go!" The older cheered happily. "It shows off your curves this way and emphasizes the fake s you don't have." 
 
"Hey Hee can I try something with you quick?" Donghae said before hopping onto the other wrapping his arms and legs around him. "Oppa lift me up!" Donghae whined in his girly voice as Heechul dropped what he was doing and wrapped his arms around the others . "Am I heavy? Can you feel my rubbing all up on you?" Donghae asked as Heechul laughed.
 
"You aren't the lightest person in the world, but you are not extremely heavy." Heechul replied while walking the other over to the counter and sitting him down. "And thanks to your lovely hyung, and an amazing tailor, your pants keep your little friend down there hidden so you are safe." Heechul leaned closer to the other so their faces were inches apart. "If you weren't you I would so go for this disguise." 
 
"What the hell is going on here?" Kangin's voice sounded from the kitchen doorway. "For the love of god, I shouldn't have to walk in on this . Keep it in the bedroom." Kangin sat the cake he was carrying and sat it down on the table. "Kyuhyun is bringing in the movie and stuff after he is done parking the car, and what are we eating?" He walked over and inspected the food on the stove. "Tacos? You serious right now?" 
 
"Do you have a problem with my food choice?" Donghae said getting defensive, and speaking with his feminine voice to annoy the other. "My boyfriend is coming over to eat so I get to pick what we eat." Kyuhyun walked into the kitchen to join the others and barely got to the table before he was bombarded by a whiny Haemin. "Kyuhyunnie, Heechul is being a ert and Kangin is being mean! Make them stop, oppa please!" He cried while hugging the other. "Seriously, do it before I beat the out of everyone." he said before walking away and pulling out his phone. "I'm going to go call Hyukjae and see if he is close." he said before walking out of the room, his eyes glued to his phone. 
 
"Our lovely Hae has fallen harder than he's realized and it's only been what, two days?" Kangin said as he the other two men paced the room. "Let me guess, you've both been teasing him about it and he keeps retaliating with the 'I'm not gay' speech?" Kyuhyun and Heechul both nodded in response as listened to the others words. "I talked to my boyfriend about it today and we both agree that the best thing to do in this situation is to get Donghae to reveal his true gender. This joke isn't funny anymore... wasn't to begin with really." 
 
"Whoa, rewind and replay that sentence." Heechul said a little shocked as he went and sat down the chair opposite of Kangin, Kyuhyun stood leaning against a counter top. "You have a boyfriend and you neglected to tell any of us?" 
 
"No on ever asked." Kangin said simply. "And even so, he is a good friend of that Hyukjae guy's so I'm just warning-"
 
"You don't want Hyukjae to get hurt do you?" Kyuhyun asked before Donghae's happy laughter was heard from the front door. All three men looked at each other before nodding in silent agreement before putting on a smile and waiting for their friend to walk through the doorway. The new mission between the friends was a go; get Donghae to admit his feelings and save this Hyukjae guy from the stupidity of their friend. 
 
"Hyung's and Kyuhyun, you guys didn't start eating yet did you?" Donghae's voice sounded from the kitchen doorway before the two were visible. "This is Hyukjae, and Hyukjae these are my guys. The pretty feminine looking one over there is Heechul, Kangin is this big teddy bear," Donghae said running over to the chair and hugging him, "and that loser over there is Kyuhyun." 
 
Hyukjae bowed to them all as he introduced himself. "Hello everyone it is nice to meet you, I'm Hyukjae." Hyukjae walked over to Heechul and stuck out his hand and smiled with the other took his gesture and shook his hand. "Haemin has told me a lot about you and your love for fashion." Heechul nodded in response, "We need to talk sometime then," Hyukjae said, "I am an intern for a fashion company and currently working on a spring clothing collection and could use some interesting ideas." Heechul's smile turned from a fake one to sincere quicker than anyone would imagine at the offer. "Kangin, my man, it's nice to see you again. How was your date?" Hyukjae asked.
 
"Good as always, good as always. Maybe next time we can go on a double date." Kangin said to Hyukjae as Donghae gapped cluelessly. "Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a boyfriend that so happens to be one of Hyukjae's good friends." Kangin laughed as he took the other's playful hit.
 
"I'm Kyuhyun," Kyuhyun said as he walked towards Hyukjae and held out his hand for the other to shake. "I've heard oh so much about you, Hyukkie, and if it wasn't for me that cute little thing over there would have never called you." 
 
"Kyuhyun, I hate you!" Donghae squealed as everyone burst out laughing, Hyukjae trying to hold back a snicker. "People don't need to know that!" 
 
"It's okay, Hae." Hyukjae said as he wrapped his arms around his girlfriend. "I'm your Hyukkie."