Part 27

I Lost the Bet


    "Donghae you have to wake up now!" Hyunjae said as she bounded up and down happily on top of her brothers bed. "Hyukjae you too!" A week had pasted and it was now the most important Saturday of Spring, the Lee's Wedding. "It's like already 9:00am and you two need to get ready; Heenim is going to be here in an hour for Donghae and if you two aren't ready he's going to throw a fit! If you didn't remember your wedding is today." She stressed the last part before Hyukjae sat up grabbed her by the arm before tickling her. "Oppa, stop!" She laughed as she curled up in a ball on top of their bed. 

    "That's what you get for jumping on our bed." Donghae said as he sat up and watched his sister try to fight her way out of the others reach. "We'll tickle you to death!" Donghae joined in on the fight until Hyunjae was flailing around on the bed laughing.

    "I'm sorry!" she managed to say through laughing breaths. "I won't do it again I swear! Stop please!" 

    "Yeah, sure you won't." Hyukjae said as he sat back onto the bed and let the girl go. "Now get up and go get dressed yourself while your brother and I get ready, okay? I'll make you something to eat then and help you get dressed." 

    "Okay." Hyunjae replied happily as she bounded off to the bathroom leaving the two guys alone. 

    Donghae climbed out of bed and walked over to the closet before opening it and pulling out clothes to wear. "I guess I should just throw something simple on and go down and help you make breakfast. Heechul will defiantly have some beauty treatment he plans of putting me through, I know it." Donghae said before pulling on a pair of jeans, that he still hated having to tug over his , before pulling on a basic t-shirt. "Come on, get up too." He motioned to Hyukjae before heading downstairs and starting breakfast.

    He had breakfast cooking on the stove as when Heechul walked in the front door. Donghae told him to sit down at the table and join them for breakfast before needed to drag him off to wherever it is he had planned, plus he knew that Hyunjae would love it that the older came to join them. "Morning." Donghae muttered into the loving morning kiss that Hyukjae gave him the moment he walked into the kitchen. "Grab the juice from the fridge and put in on the table I'm almost finished." 

    "Can do sweetheart." Hyukjae said as he walked over to the fridge. "Morning Heechul, glad to see you're here as early as always." Hyukjae got out cups and began pouring juice in the respected cups at the table before being instructed by Donghae to mix some of the leftover homemade strawberry flavored juice he had into his. "You are going to give yourself a stomach ache eating weird like this."

    "For the last time Hyukjae it's not disgusting. It tastes good and it's part of that new healthy diet thing I'm trying. Apparently more fruity weird combinations and bizarre additives increase your metabolism or something." Donghae grumbled as he placed the food on the table. "And ever since starting it I've been dying for the weirdest things." 

    "You better watch what you put in your system, Hae." Heechul chimed in. "You know I never liked those sorts of things; they can be more harmful than helpful plus you don't even need to lose weight." Heechul frowned a little. "I thought I taught you to respect yourself more."

    "I just wanted to be a little thinner for the wedding." Donghae replied as Hyukjae rolled his eyes and took his place at the table and silently agreeing with Heechul. "Hyunjae, breakfast is ready get downstairs now." Donghae shouted up the stairs.

    "Just let me finish braiding my hair and I'll be right down." Hyunjae shouted back. 

    "Heechul's here." Donghae said before the girl came bounding down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Watch where you are going please!" Donghae scolded as he picked up a confused and hyper dog who had almost been stepped on and carried him to the kitchen. "You almost killed Bada, poor baby." Donghae sat the dog back on the floor before taking his seat and digging into the food.

    "How was school this week, Jae?" Heechul said as he ran a hand through the girls half braided hair to smooth it out. "You do good on that history test we studied for?"

    "Mhm," the girl replied as she took a bite on the omelette she had on her plate. Ever since she told Donghae that it was her favorite thing to eat for breakfast her brother made it for her every morning... not that she minded. "I remembered everything except what happened during that liberation thing. History is not my strong suit. I know more about American history because I lived there longer." Hyunjae shrugged and went back to eating as Heechul did the same. Both Donghae and Hyukjae found it humorous how he Heechul went from a fun loving partying man to a fun loving grandparent, or at least he acted like it. The elder tried to deny his actions but in the end he just smiled and accepted it anyway. 

    "Donghae that's just disgusting." Heechul groaned as he watched the younger pour maple syrup on everything. "There is no way that can be healthy for you; I refuse to believe that diet your on works."

    "But it tastes so good..." Donghae mumbled before ignoring the scolding concerns and scooping a spoonful into his mouth. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Donghae you need to work with me and stay still." Heechul complained as he grabbed the younger by the chin and held his head still. Donghae could stand a little bit of makeup when he applied it himself but not when Heechul did it. The other always tried to make him look 'hotter' than he wanted to be and for his wedding he just wanted to look simple and like himself. "I'm almost done Hae just let me finish the rest of the highlights on your eyes..." Heechul's voice trailed off as he stuck out his tongue in concentration. "And we are done!" he said as he spun Donghae around to look at himself in the mirror. 

    Donghae studied himself carefully noticing that there wasn't that much makeup on his face at all. He looked almost the same but with a little bit of coverup and blush to highlight his features and some light eyeliner to make his eyes pop. "I look normal." Donghae said before running a hand through his soft and un-styled hair, also like he wanted it, and turned around with a smile. "Thank you Hee." 

    "Don't get all sappy on me now," Heechul said when Donghae hugged him. "We have a whole day left before you can become sappy and make me cry because I am defiantly going to cry." 

    "Where is Hyunjae?" Donghae asked as he pulled away and walked over to the suit that was hanging up for him. Hyukjae made it, their matching wedding outfits, but they both had their own little spin on them. Donghae's had a nice ocean blue vest and tie while the suit itself was a sea foam white. Hyukjae's in contrast had the same blue material on the inside while his suit was black; Donghae wanted to try and uphold the 'white wedding dress' tradition as much as possible. "She is supposed to be getting ready as as well but I haven't seen her. Knowing her she is probably reading a book somewhere."

    "I have her hanging out with Kyuhyun," Heechul replied as he helped Donghae get changed into his outfit. "She wanted to help so I sent her off with him since he insists on making it perfect." Donghae nodded as he got dressed and was smiling happily when he seen how well the outfit fit him. He loved it even more because Hyukjae made it. "You look great... oh my god my child is going to get married!" Heechul shouted. "Here comes the tidal wave of my emotions Hae baby." Heechul warned before tears started to fall down his face.

    "Let's go outside and wait in our spots, okay?" Donghae said as he took Heechul's arm and lead him outside. Donghae hid behind a crowd of people as he tried his best to look for Hyukjae who was standing by the wedding arch all by himself. He looked nervous, but Donghae could understand that. Everyone was already in their seats and chatting away calmly waiting for Donghae to come out and get the big thing over and done with. Donghae smiled when he saw Hyukjae talking to Henry who was standing not that far away with his violin; they somehow managed to convince the boy to play their wedding music today. "Hee, look at Kyuhyun." Donghae said trying to hold in his laughter.

    Kyuhyun was currently sitting on a chair nearby with Hyunjae standing in between his legs as he braided her hair. "I didn't know the brat could braid hair." Heechul comment as he nodded in approval. They watched as he twisted and wrapped the hair around the girls head before asking her for a pin. "Her hair looks really nice, I am shocked." 

    "Agreed." Donghae nodded before walking over to Kyuhyun who was finishing up his masterpiece of a hairstyle. "I didn't know you had such hidden talents there Kyu." Donghae snickered as Kyuhyun stood up and glared at him before sending Hyunjae off to her position. "I should fire you and make you start your own hair salon."

    "Shut up and get in position." Kyuhyun hissed. "We've been waiting for you and I was just trying to by some time so I did her hair." Kyuhyun tried to explain as he ushered Heechul and Donghae to the back of the line. Heechul was going to be walking Donghae out and no one went against it; the man was like his mother after all and claimed to be the only one to have the right to do so. Hyunjae was the first person to go out the door as the music began. She walked down the isle throwing flowers all over the ground before taking a seat as she reached the first row. Next out the door were Leeteuk and Kangin, both taking their respective spots up front, before being followed out by Kyuhyun and Sungmin who did the same. Before he knew it everyone was standing and Donghae was being walked down the isle with Heechul holding his arm. He didn't realize that Hyukjae had this much family nearby and almost teared up when he pasted the others parents who were starting to cry. 

    Hyukjae, on the other hand, wasn't even trying to hold back his gummy smile from the crowd as he took Donghae's hand from Heechul and listened to the others unusually kind blessing. "You nervous?" Hyukjae whispered to Donghae before watching him nod. "You shouldn't be because I'm nervous enough for the both of us." Donghae rolled his eyes and laughed a little at Hyukjae's comment before listening to his own ceremony; the last thing he wanted was to miss the whole 'I Do' part and he was lucky his ears decided to chime in at the part where someone mentioned  the vows because he was supposed to write something special for them. Number one procrastinator: Lee Donghae... whatever, he was better at bullting things at last minute anyway. 

    "Lee Donghae," Hyukjae started gaining full attention from Donghae, "I'm not really good at picking out things to say and I'm really not good at picking out romantic things to say, you of all people should know that. There is only one thing that I want to say though, and it took me several hours and a lot of scratch paper before I figured out how to word it." Donghae smiled and began to swing their entwined hands back and forth. "No matter what happens I will always love you. Who knew it was that easy to say?" The crowd of people awed and Donghae tried his best to think of something to say back. After all, if Hyukjae's speech was allowed to be that simple his could, too.

    "I'm going to be honest with you Hyukjae," Donghae started off. "I completely forgot to write my vows." A few of the guests in the crowd laughed but Donghae tried his hardest to keep a serious look on his face because he could tell that Hyukjae was a little hurt. They promised to write their own vows to each other and he couldn't even remember that. "But what I want to say can't be written down on a piece of paper or be expressed through words but I will try my best. I love you and I will try my hardest to be the best husband anyone could ever have and I'm more than happy to be here right now with you. I don't think I could be anywhere else." 

    Hyukjae pulled Donghae in for the longest hug of his life before they were separated by the pastor to continue their wedding. Everyone clapped and cheered when the happy couple said I Do and slipped their rings onto each other's fingers. Heechul was crying like crazy in the crowd while Hyunjae tried to calm him down between her clapping. With the help of everyone involved with the wedding the scene was torn down and changed into a wonderful outdoor after party for the guests while the two grooms were ushered off to get changed into more relaxing formalwear. As they walked back to their after party they were both sporting light blue dress shirts while they had pants to match the colors of their suits. "Ladies and gentlemen!" Heechul shouted as he gathered the attention of the crowd for another speech. "Earlier this month I was honored with giving a speech at my best friends wedding and now I have been honored with marrying away what seems like my child. Since I gave the last speech as best man I found that it would only be appropriate for the best men of this wedding to give the speeches." 

    The guests clapped as Heechul sat down and took a swing of the wine in his glass while Hyunjae giggled and did the same with the grape juice in hers. "I suppose I will go first." Kyuhyun said as he stood up. "First of all, god I can't believe that I am giving you two a blessing of any sort," Kyuhyun started off. "First of all I would like to thank myself for being the one to force Donghae upon Hyukjae in the beginning. I would also like to say how proud I am of my friend for finding happiness in his life. Hyukjae, if he ever get's out of line I am only a phone call away." the younger finished before raising his glass and toasting to the grooms. 

    "I would first like to point out that those two haven't stopped making goggly eyes at each other ever since they sat down at the table." Sungmin started as he stood up to toast on Hyukjae's behalf. "As long as I've known the guy, Hyukjae was never able to maintain a successful relationship or even get one at all really. He wasn't the best ladies man in town if you know what I mean." Some people chuckled and Hyukjae just hid his face behind his hands. "I am so glad that you were able to find love, both of you." Sungmin finished his speech and toasted to the two also before the cake ceremony was started.

    It was your typical cake cutting wedding fiasco with Hyukjae shoving cake in Donghae's face and visa versa. Hyukjae just sat on the side and compared it to an average night at home during dinner. The best part of the evening was when Hyukjae asked Donghae for their first dance of the night followed by both of the men dancing with their mothers, and for the hell of it their fathers too. Wanted to join in the fun Hyunjae wondered out onto the dance floor and asked them both for a dance as well and the newfound Lee family complied. All three of them danced to a pretty and delicate slow song together as couples around them joined before Hyunjae wondered off to let her brother dance with Hyukjae alone.  Everyone quietly laughed at Hangeng when he asked Heechul for a dance and was hit across the head before being accepted. 

    "Are you sure Heechul said it was alright to have Hyunjae stay with him for a week?" Donghae voiced as soon as they got in the car that was taking them to wherever it was Hyukjae had planned.

    "Yes," Hyukjae responded. "I have everything planned out perfectly now sit back, relax, and enjoy the fact that we are now happily married."

 

I wonder what Hyukjae has planned for the honeymoon....