**Bonus Chapter** Heechul (The Grandfather)

I Lost the Bet

I got this lovely idea from a comment (you know who you are). It's short and I wrote it on a napkin during my lunch break at work..............

I'll update for real real soon.


    It was late and both Hyunjae and Heechul were tired when they found themselves wondering through the elders front door. Both found ways to occupy themselves until it was time for bed. Heechul, having just crawled out of the shower, was busy setting up Donghae's old bedroom for his beloved guest of the week. It didn't take much for Donghae and Hyukjae to bribe the man into taking the girl for the week. In fact, Heechul was more than happy to watch the other. It gave him something to do, made him feel responsible again, and he liked that. "Do you want to watch a movie?" Heechul asked as he walked downstairs and into the living room where Hyunjae sat reading. 

    "Sure," the girl nodded before closing her book and allowing the other to search through his collection of movies. "I'll go make popcorn while you pick. Don't pick something lame though, or a documentary." Hyunjae warned as she walked into the kitchen.

    "Do i look like the kind of person who would own a documentary?" Heechul replied while he continued to search through his selection of movies. 

    Heechul was putting the disk he selected into the DVD player as Hyunjae walked back into the living room with a bowl of popcorn. They both sat down next to each other on the couch before turning off the lights and digging into the popcorn. "Frozen?" Hyunjae inquired when she saw the title flash on the screen. "Did you pick this movie for you or me?" 

    "Cheeky girl." Heechul replied as he reached for the popcorn. "My house means my rules. Now shut and watch the movie." A hour and a half later when the movie was said and done, and both Disney enthusiasts sang "Let it Go" several times, it was time for bed. Heechul was surprised at how well Hyunjae listened to him; when Donghae was younger he never listened to the older about these types of things. He tucked her in, gave a quick hug goodnight and whispered a promise to make her breakfast in the morning as he closed the bedroom door. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "What the hell is this supposed to be?" Heechul grumbled as he looked at the list of things Hyunjae had pulled up for him on his phone. "List of things to do with your grandchildren? Do I look like an old man to you? Aish, don't answer that." He continued to mumbled to himself. "Take them to a petting zoo..." He read before glaring at the girl across from from him at the breakfast table. "There is no way in hell you are getting me near smelly animals. If you want to go to a zoo have Hyukjae take you, he looks enough like a monkey to fir right in." Hyunjae laughed at Heechul's comment and continued to eat her breakfast as he continued to read. "Sit under the stars and sing sing-a-long songs. What kind of stupid made this list?" 

    Hyunjae just shrugged and looked down at her plate pouting a little. "They were just suggestions..."

    "Ugh," Heechul sighed and rolled his eyes. "Don't tell me you actually want to do the things on this list?" Hyunjae nodded a little bit as she continued to look down and avoid eye contact.

    "We don't have to if you don't want to." Hyunjae said. "I can just sit around and read when I'm not at school; it's okay if you don't want to do anything with me. My parents never wanted to do things with me either..."

    "Don't you dare pull that... that... stupid guilt trip thing on me." Heechul warned. "I invented that, you hear me?" 

    The girl looked up at Heechul. "Is it working?" 

    "If you don't have fun at this stupid petting zoo you are dragging to then I'm going to kill you," the man grumbled as he watched the pout on the little girls face turn into a victorious smile.