Part 23

I Lost the Bet

This is 2000 words longer than usual... Holy crap guys. 

 

"You stupid !" Donghae shouted as he began to hit Hyukjae with a pillow repeatedly. "I can't believe that you would tell her something like that! It's one thing to be openly gay but no one needs to know that I bottom!" Donghae gritted through his teeth as he continued to bash the pillow against Hyukjae. The older man tried to retaliate, but he knew that all hope was lost when the front door slammed open and Donghae came barging in claiming that he was going to beat him senseless. "If I ever get a text from anyone, and I mean anyone, that has to do with our life again I will leave you for that rich old lady in the office and suffocate you with this pillow." After one more hit Donghae dropped the pillow and kneeled on the bed looking at Hyukjae who was still curled in a ball on top of the mattress. 

    "Are you done?" Hyukjae asked before the pillow came down on him again. Donghae grumbled something under his breath before he threw the pillow back to the head of their bed and climbed off. "Sorry sweetheart," Hyukjae said sweetly, "I won't do it again, I promise." Hyukjae sat up and crawled across the bed before grabbing the back of Donghae's dress shirt and pulling him towards the bed and turning him around. "She was good at the shop today and she was happy because I let her help Hangeng organize some things." Hyukjae began to say as his hands worked on undoing Donghae's tie. 

    Donghae, who gave up trying to resist the others help in changing out of his work clothes, sighed and let the others hands continue on what they were doing. "I've been thinking today, and Kyuhyun threw this notebook at me actually, and I think we should sit down tonight and start planning out our wedding." Hyukjae finished ing Donghae's shirt, pouting slightly when he saw that the other was wearing an undershirt underneath before letting him walk over to his bad on the floor. "I put it in here somewhere..." He muttered to himself before pulling out a binder and throwing it to Hyukjae while he changed. "Read the note Kyuhyun left; I'm trying to figure out if it's insulting or if he's just trying to be friendly."

    Stupid Fish,

        We are not getting any younger waiting for you and your boy toy to plan your wedding. Heechul is starting to become restless (he wants his little girl married already). I was nice enough to buy you this special planner notebook so you can sit down with the monkey boy and plan out YOUR DAMN WEDDING! 
    
        Sungmin and I have also decided to start our own wedding planning business, so I quit. 

    Love, Kyu  
     
    P.S: I need this job, I'm joking. 

    "Well that was lovely." Hyukjae responded as he closed the notebook. "Glad to know that I am referred to as your 'boy toy'." Hyukjae climbed off the bed and started making his way downstairs. "I think Hyunjae is in her room reading or something and I have dinner in; you will eat my fancy pasta bake and will like it."

    Donghae quickly pushed is way pasted Hyukjae grabbing the notebook out of his hands and giving him a kiss. "Thank you, sweetheart" Donghae said as he stressed the last word, giggling at how he used Hyukjae's nickname for himself. The two placed themselves comfortably on the couch and started to plan out, or at least talk about somethings for their wedding. "Do you want to have a big wedding with all your family there and in a church somewhere?" Donghae asked Hyukjae. 

    Hyukjae shrugged, "It doesn't really matter to me; do you want my whole family there. I don't really want all of my family in one place at the same time and I would feel bad because you only have Hyunjae and Heechul really." Hyukjae explained. "How about we just have a nice little thing out in that garden where we held Leeteuk and Kangin's reception? We can invite some of my immediate family and our close friends."

    "That's a nice idea; I want an arch with flowers or vines on it to make it look nice and we can have nice white chairs and line the path with flowers." Donghae sighed happily as he closed his eyes imagining what it would look like. Hyukjae laughed causing Donghae to open his eyes. "What's so funny?" 

    Hyukjae just began jotting down notes based on what Donghae was telling him. "Nothing is funny, you're just being cute I suppose." Hyukjae shrugged as he continued writing. "It's adorable and funny to watch." Donghae's face turned a light shade of pink as he continued to name the little details that he wanted to see at his wedding. He wanted natural flowers for the season, not caring what colors they were as long as they matched, he just wanted it all to look nice and put together. For the reception dinner him and Hyukjae were both open to the idea of having a buffet style dinner where people could choose what they wanted to eat (because they didn't like having their food chosen for them so why should they do it for others). "So we are having a simple outdoor wedding with a tiny reception; there will be flowers and some food." Hyukjae concluded as he closed the notebook and looked at Donghae. "Any more input?" 

    "I suggest we just make a guest list of people that we want to see and hand the whole thing over to Kyuhyun and Sungmin because the speed we are going nothing is ever going to get done." Donghae threw the notebook on the coffee table and looked at Hyukjae. "So... how was work?" 

    Hyukjae shrugged, "It was nice and the store has been getting a lot of business. It looks like the school kids and the students from the University right outside of the city will be our biggest source of revenue. I guess our store beats going to the mall; I don't blame them though, my designs are amazing."  Hyukjae let his hand travel down to Donghae's on his lap and connect with it. "How was your day?"

    "Boring." the other replied. "Someone sent Kyuhyun flowers today and he was blushing like crazy. I tried to steal the card from him but he hid it before I could." Donghae pouted as he reminded himself of his failure for the day. The tv was still off and the house was quiet, all in all the two were bored and the dinner in the oven was no where near ready. "Hyukkie," Donghae said lazily as he tilted his head and looked at Hyukjae, "Wanna ?"

    Hyukjae's eye's widened in surprise before looking at Donghae. "Someone is blunt today," Hyukjae replied. "Uh... sure; how else am I suppose to reply to that?" Donghae smiled as he pulled Hyukjae into his lap and quickly wrapped his arms around the others waist. "What's this?" Hyukjae asked as he tilted his head to the side and gave Donghae a clueless look. 

    "I believe that sometime during the past you said that all I had to do was ask and you'd let me top." Donghae smirked before he began tugging at Hyukjae's shirt.  "I feel that because of certain events recently I rather have your big mouth my name instead of telling Hyunjae about all the naughty stuff we do." Donghae smirked as his hand magically found it's way down to the zipper of Hyukjae's pants. 

    Hyukjae's gasped in surprise, and maybe a little something else because Donghae's hand was teasingly rubbing up on his crotch. "Hae- Yah!" Hyukjae tried to say before he was lifted off the couch by Donghae. "Where are we going?" Hyukjae asked as he wrapped his legs around the others waist and allowed himself to be carried.

    "Upstairs," Donghae murmured as he carried the other up the stairs as quickly and quietly as he could. "I don't want to get walked in on again." Hyukjae's hands gripped the back of Donghae's shirt as the others mouth began kissing and bitting along his neck; Hyukjae groaned slightly as their bedroom door was kicked closed and he was thrown onto the bed. "Take off your shirt." Donghae demanded not giving Hyukjae much time to adjust his position on the bed before his shirt was being torn off and Donghae was hovering above him. 

    "I have this big feeling that you are not going to be gentle." Hyukjae said as Donghae's hands roamed about his stomach before working on undoing his pants. "Damn Hae," Hyukjae breathed out as Donghae's teeth bit and tugged on his bottom lip. Donghae's tounge forcefully found it's way into the others mouth as it pushed and twirled around with Hyukjae's making him oblivious to the tiny clicking sound behind him. Hyukjae realized, or at least thought he did, what was going on when Donghae backed away and couldn't reach for him. "Did you really just-?" Hyukjae asks as he turned around to find that his one wrist was handcuffed the bedpost. 

    "Have fun up here alone," Donghae said as he climbed off the bed and adjusted his clothes. "I'm going downstairs to eat dinner while you think about what what you have done."

    "But Hae!" Hyukjae whined as he motioned towards the bulge in his pants. "You can't just do that to me, sweetheart please~"

    Donghae smiled as he opened the bedroom door and began walking out. "I felt one of your hands free for a reason," Donghae winked. "Have fun Hyukkie!" he said before closing the bedroom door behind him.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Where is Hyukjae?" Hyunjae asked as she closed her book and setting it on the kitchen counter before grabbing some plates and setting them on the table. 

    Donghae smiled at how he didn't even need to ask the girl to help him get dinner around before answering her question, falsely... "Hyuk's upstairs sleeping because he wasn't feeling well." 

    "If he isn't feeling good then he should come downstairs and eat something." Hyunjae replied. "I read that in a book about illnesses before; I'll go wake him up if you want." 

    "Just let him sleep!" Donghae said quickly before putting dinner on the table and taking his seat. "Come sit down and we can spend some brother and sister time together and get to know each other better; you always talk and hang out with Hyukjae more than me."

    "I'm sorry oppa, I will hang out with you more." Hyunjae said as she sat down, too. The first few minutes of dinner were not much besides silence as the two started to eat. Hyunjae clicked her tongue annoyingly as she tapped her feet on the floor trying to figure out why Donghae wasn't trying to start a conversation with her if he wanted to so badly. "Donghae oppa, are you going to talk to me or not?" 

    "I was going to talk!" Donghae snapped back with equal attitude. "I am going to talk I just needed to think of something to talk about." Hyunjae stuffed full of food while Donghae thought of something to talk about; he had no idea where to start when it came to having a conversation with the sister he found out he had just a few days ago. "What is your favorite color? Mine is blue because I love the sea and water; I remember when I used to live in Mokpo near the water all the time and it was so beautiful, and my name means East Sea so it's only natural I guess." 

    "I like the color blue, too." Hyunjae said. "I like it more because of the color of the sky and every time I was outside I felt like I could just fly away and up into the clouds." She pushed the food around on her plate, "Every time I talk to you or Hyukjae I feel like I am acting older than I should be. I feel like I need to be talking about how my new box of crayons have a pencil sharpener on the back not about serious stuff." 

    "Speaking of that," Donghae interrupted, "Stop asking Hyukjae about our life. It should be weird enough just knowing that your brother is gay; you don't need to know every little detail..." Donghae felt his face turn slightly pink before he shoved some more food in his mouth to prevent him from talking more about the subject. 

    "I just wanted to know for some informational purposes." Hyunjae answered. "It doesn't bother me that you are together with a man. The only friend I had really liked girls and she was also a girl so I never really thought it was that weird. I don't understand why some people hate it so much, if it's the person you love who cares?" Hyunjae finished her rant as she slammed her fork onto the table and crossed her arms clearly confused and angered. "It shouldn't matter who people like it is stupid."

    Donghae sighed as he thought of a good way to answer such a difficult question. "Well," he started out before taking a deep breath, "some people have their own opinions and when they are told otherwise it makes them angry or they can't handle the truth. Does that make sense?" He asked and Hyunjae just shrugged. "Before I met Hyukjae I liked girls, I only ever dated one girl but I thought that the person I would end up with for the rest of my life would be a girl. Until I realized that I was in love with Hyukjae I thought that a man being with another man was weird and not normal, too." Donghae leaned forward and rested his arms on the table. "People are born without hate, it is something that they learn. The ones out there that can't find it within themselves to understand what truly matters are the ones who were raised to be that way."

    "So you are telling me that I should be sympathetic towards those who hate and discriminate because they were unfortunate enough to be raised that way?" Hyunjae replied nodding. "I guess I will understand it better as I get older because I just don't know. I understand what you are saying, but it just doesn't... register I guess is the right word." The girl got up from the table and carried the dirty dishes to the sink before walking over to the fridge and pulling out a container of orange juice before getting a clean glass to pour it in. "You should go give this to Hyukjae if he is not feeling well. I'll do the dishes tonight," Hyunjae said as she pointed to the chart hanging on the fridge indicating who had what chores that week, "He'll just do them one day for me on my week."

    Donghae picked up the glass before wrapping an arm around his sister giving her a quick hug. "Thanks," he said before heading upstairs. "After you're done you can do whatever just make sure to get to bed at a decent time because you have school tomorrow." Donghae made his way up to their room opening the door to find Hyukjae glaring at him the moment he shut the door behind him. "Hyunjae told me to bring you some orange juice because she thinks you're sick." Donghae snickered as he placed the glass on the bedside table. "So, how have you been?"

    " you." Hyukjae growled. "Thanks to you I was left with a raging hard on, a secret itching to get ed, and I missed dinner." 

    Donghae climbed on the bed and sat on Hyukjae's lap. "Your pants are still closed," he said as he ran his hands over the zipper undoing it. "Didn't feel the need to help yourself?" 

    "I want you to do it," Hyukjae replied. "I am also going to pound you so hard into the mattress that you won't be leaving the room for weeks."

    Donghae traced his fingers along the outline of Hyukjae's abs as he hummed contently. What makes you think that I am going to unchain you if you're saying that my poor is in that much danger?" Donghae leaned forward and pecked Hyukjae softly on the lips. "What if I want to be the one on top?" Donghae mumbled.

    "Then by all means," Hyukjae purred as he pulled Donghae forward with his free hand, "unchain me and get to work." Donghae quickly opened the drawer on the nightstand and searched for the key to let Hyukjae's hard free. The moment Hyukjae's hands were free they were tugging away at Donghae's clothes as the others hands worked on undoing his pants. Their mouths were mashed together as heir tongues fought and hands clawed against each other until one of them managed to have the other and willing underneath them. "Donghae," Hyukjae whined as he spread his legs farther apart in an attempt to persuade the other to hurry the hell up. "I'm never this teasing with you." 

    "It's supposed to be punishment for a reason." Donghae said as he covered himself with what little lube they had left hidden underneath their pillow. "I'm supposed to be slow and teasing while you suffer as the bottom for once."

    "But I'm not suffering so your plan already failed." Hyukjae responded as Donghae finally began to enter him. Hyukjae wrapped his legs around Donghae's waist almost immediately and pulled him further inside just barely grazing his prostate. "Now me." Hyukjae moaned before Donghae finally took the hint and began to move his hips at a fast and harsh pace that had Hyukjae arching his back off the bed and fingers clawing down his back. "God Hae, hit there again!" he screamed as he felt the muscles in his stomach contract. Donghae smirked as he moved his hands between their bodies and began to give attention to the others neglected member as he felt Hyukjae contract around him. It didn't take long for Hyukjae to come in between them while Donghae came inside him. "Don't move..." Hyukjae whispered as he hooked his arms around Donghae and snuggled towards him. "Just stay there for a while."

    "Hyuk," Donghae breathed as he felt Hyukjae's panting breaths against his neck. "This is a little weird." he said as he motioned towards his lower half which was still very much inside the other. 

    "I think it's comfortable so just stay there." Hyukjae whined. "I don't care if it's weird."

    "What if I suddenly start to, oh I don't know, do this?" Donghae said as he began to rock his hips back and forth. "Would this bother you?" Donghae just smirked as Hyukjae moaned and pulled him forward for another kiss. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Hyunjae wake up," Donghae said as he knocked on his sisters bedroom door before opening it and flicking on the light. "You have an hour before school starts and you need to shower and eat breakfast." Hyunjae grumbled at grabbed the book from her nightstand before lazily throwing it towards Donghae, who quickly closed the door, before yelling at him for turning on her light. "Throw a book at me again and watch how quickly I make that bookshelf disappear." Donghae threatened as he picked up the book as placed it on her desk. "Now get your out of bed and get ready for school." 

    "Fine I'm up!" Hyunjae said as she bolted out of bed at the others threat to get rid of her books. "Now get out so I can get ready; I don't need you in here to watch me." She grumbled as she shoved Donghae out of her room and slammed the door behind him. 

    "Well isn't everyone just chipper this morning." Donghae grumbled to himself as he made his way downstairs to start breakfast. "Good morning baby." Donghae said as Bada stretched and walked over to greet him. "At least someone is happy to see me this morning." He said as he rubbed the dogs stomach who continued to roll around on the floor in happiness. Half an hour later, when Donghae already had some rice and eggs on the table for breakfast, Hyunjae came walking into the kitchen before throwing her backpack on the floor before taking a seat at the table. "Less cranky?" Donghae asked.

    "Yeah," Hyunjae responded before shoving a spoonful of rice in , "just peachy." Their attention was soon turned to Hyukjae, who came limping into the kitchen, trying to make his way over to the table for breakfast. "Sick huh?" Hyunjae said as she looked towards her brother. "He looks very sick to me; if you are having trouble walking you might want to go see a doctor about that oppa." She said before shoving more food in . 

    Hyukjae glared at the girl before taking a spoonful of rice and flinging it at her. "If I hear you give your brother attitude like you did this morning I'll beat you so hard you'll have trouble walking, too." Donghae turned and was about to yell at Hyukjae for such a thing but Hyukjae beat him to it. "We might not be your parents but we are responsible for you and you'll treat us as such; no more violent attitude because it will not be tolerated." 

    "Are you sure she's not your sister?" Donghae asked. "Because you are both grumpy as hell in the mornings. How about you both go back to bed and try again?"  Both of them finished eating their food quietly while Donghae tried his best to make a lunch for Hyunjae as well as start some conversation which ended with silence. "Okay well I'm headed out for work since you two decided to be 'anti-Donghae' this morning have fun figuring out how you're getting where you need to go." Donghae grabbed his things and headed out the front door. 

    Hyukjae mumbled unhappily to himself before looking to the silent girl who was currently munching on a piece of toast while staring at her plate. "Sorry," Hyukjae said to the girl causing her to look up. "I'm just not in a good mood this morning and it's showing. I'm grumpy as hell when I don't get enough sleep..." He let his voice trail off.

    "It's fine," Hyunjae shrugged as she gave up on eating and gathered the plates to be put in the sink; someone could wash them later tonight. "I should have mentioned that I'm not the happiest person either in the morning and I'm not used to someone caring enough to try and wake me up." Hyukjae, who tried his best not to limp all the way to the car, volunteered to take Hyunjae to school before heading off to the store for the day. "Does it really hurt that much?" Hyunjae asked as she climbed into the front seat of the car and hooked her seatbelt. "If it does you should put some of this cream stuff on it; I read in a book that it's supposed to take away soreness." 

    "T-tha-anks." Hyukjae stuttered as he started the car and pulled out of the driveway. "I'll remember that for next time.. uhh, Hyunjae?" Hyukjae asked and the girl answered with a hum. "How about we never discuss anything that has to do with ever again unless it has to not do with me and your brother?"

    "He punish you?" Hyunjae asked.

    Hyukjae was silent for a moment. "Yeah," he murmured, "and it doesn't need to happen again anytime soon so lets keep all ual talks, if any, on the down low." Hyunjae agreed to all the terms and conditions Hyukjae laid down about the subject as well as agreeing not to throw anything else at her brother for any future mornings to come. "Donghae will pick you up when school ends; see you tonight."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Kyuhyun and Donghae were heading back from a meeting about their new advertisement job for some shoe company; apparently they were in need of a new slogan to appeal to customers and 'Just do it' wasn't working anymore. Kyuhyun thought it would be best to try and change the subject that Donghae brought up about his failed attempts to make Sungmin his boyfriend and to something more festive and unplanned like a wedding. "I'm telling you Hae," Kyuhyun continued, "all you need to do is talk with Hyukjae about what you want to do and we'll plan the rest just like we did with Leeteuk and Kangin's wedding."

    When they got back to their office, or at least when Donghae did, he went into his office before grabbing the black notebook off of his desk to take out to Kyuhyun who was conveniently enough out buying lunch. "Oh, what is this?" Donghae whispered to himself as he placed the notebook on the table and picked up the letter he found sticking out of the folder on the younger's desk, and by sticking out I mean found after being well hidden and searched through by a nosey boss. 

    "What are you doing?" Kyuhyun asked as he came back and sat his and Donghae's lunch on his desk. "A new paper for me to go over or something that needs to be mailed?" 

    "Is this a letter to Sungmin?" Donghae asked as he looked at the other before having the paper ripped out of his hand.

    "Who gave you permission to go through my stuff!" Kyuhyun shouted as he picked up a folder and whacked Donghae upside the head with it. "Keep your sticky fingers out of my things you ungrateful or i'll never cover you on your days off again!"

    Donghae laughed at the younger before rooting through the bag on his desk before pulling out a sandwich and opening it up and deeming it worthy of becoming his lunch. "Calm down will you?" Donghae said as stuffed his face. "I think it's cute; Hyukjae never writes letters for me or anything."

    "They are not love letters," Kyuhyun growled as he sat down, "I'm strait remember? I like women, not men." 

    "I did too, remember?" Donghae countered. "Things can change Kyu and if you ever want to talk about it I'm here for you; Heechul and Kangin are, too." Donghae explained as Kyuhyun tried to look to absorbed in his work to take care but he knew that did. "Here's the notebook of all the things Hyukjae and I want to see happen at our wedding, okay?" Donghae said before picking up the notebook and tossing it at Kyuhyun before getting up to head inside his office. "If you try to make it any bigger than we want it I'm going to murder you Cho, understand me?" 

    Kyuhyun nodded as he flipped open the notebook and began to look over the notes that were written inside. "I'll just read over them for now and figure out what I can do with all of the... few notes... you came up with." Kyuhyun replied before Donghae's office door closed. "Donghae?" Kyuhyun said as he pressed the button on his phone before the older man's voice answered on the other side. "You need to get the reviews done on the folder of projects before you leave today if you want to be ahead of schedule for the upcoming week, and remember that you need to pick up your sister from school today. Donghae you have a sister?" 

    "We'll talk about that one later," Donghae answered. "For now just get back to work, and call everyone to set up a big dinner get together sometime this week; Hyukjae and I just fixed up our garden and I want to show it off."

    "Over and out Mrs. Lee!" Kyuhyun snickered. "Make sure you don't break a nail doing any of that paperwork in there."

    "Cho Kyuhyun!"

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         "The answer is 62." Hyunjae answered before the rest of the class got a chance to even write out the problem the teacher had written up on the board moments ago. "Since the formula for finding the area of a triangle is half the base times the height which is 4ft while the base is 31ft, that would make the answer 62ft." Hyunjae looked around at the students in her class who were looking at her, some with amazed looks while others were just plain annoyed at how smart the new girl seemed to be. 

    "Do you have work down on your paper to show how you got your answer?" The teacher asked as she walked over and looked at the blank piece of work paper sitting on her desk. "If you are lacking work then you will be lacking points, Miss Lee, and I'm afraid you will not pass my class if you continue to give such an effort."

    "But the answer is 62ft." Hyunjae repeated. "I will do the work on my paper but you clearly said before writing the problem on the board that we should answer the question as quickly as possible and that is what I did. Not once did you specifically ask for any work from anyone, therefore I did not supply you with any." Some of the classmates could be heard whispering among themselves, surprised that someone like the new girl would backtalk the strictest teacher in the building. Miss. Park, who has been teaching for almost ten years now, never tolerated misbehavior or tardiness and she hated back talk from students even more. "Here you go Miss. Park," Hyunjae said as she handed the teacher her paper with a few numbers scribbled on it for work. "I will have work next time; it won't happen again."

    At a loss for words Miss. Park decided that it would be best to let the young girl off with a warning and give the class a worksheet to complete silently to finish out the rest of the class. Even though they were supposed to be working in silence the occasional whisper could be heard and Hyunjae had no doubt that they were aimed towards her. Sometimes hearing the words 'I heard she's only twelve' and 'shouldn't she be in sixth grade' within the mix of mutters Hyunjae tried her hardest to concentrate on her work than the other students. The bell rang signaling the change of classes, in this case, lunch for the eight graders who were out of the door and on their way across the school grounds and to the cafeteria. "Hey," a voice came from the person whose feet now stood in front of Hyunjae's desk. Hyunjae looked up from her bag, that she was trying to shove her math book into, before pushing her hair behind her ear. "I was wondering if you'd like to walk to lunch with me, you know since you're new and all." The girl moved back and forth on her feet nervously like she didn't talk to people often, let alone new people. "It's just that I usually sit alone at lunch and every time I ask someone if they'd want to sit with me they say no... My name is Hana!" The girl smiles before pushing up her glasses that were to big for her face. The girls sweater was to big and the way her hair was pulled back was slightly mess but the smile on her face was sincere.

    "My name is Hyunjae," she said as she stood up and threw her bag onto her back. "Eating lunch with you would be nice, no one else here seems to want to talk to me and you seem nice; I also forget where the cafeteria is and you seem like you know."

    Hana smiled before turning on her heals leading the other to the door with a smile on her face and the keychain hanging on her backpack bouncing up and down happily as she moved. "The cafeteria is all the way on the other side of the courtyard, but we have an hour to spend on lunch so we will be fine. Did you bring something or are you going to buy food because if you are buying avoid the meat at all costs; I don't know what they put in there but I'm positive that it is responsible for half of the school magically coming down with the stomach flu last month." The two girls continued to walk through the courtyard, some of the kids were throwing around a frisbee while others were in tiny study groups trying to get their homework done before the next class. "How about we eat outside since it's nice today?" Hana asked and Hyunjae nodded before picking an open spot in the courtyard before sitting down and pulling out her lunch that Donghae packed her with Hana following in suit. "People in class were saying that you are supposed to be in sixth grade; what's up with that?" Hana asked before opening up her lunch.

    "I am," Hyunjae replied before opening the bottle of water she made sure to bring because she had a feeling Donghae would forget it, and he did. "I'm only twelve years old but I will be thirteen sometime in August; it's the 12th I think." Hyunjae took a sip of her water before sitting it on the ground and starting to sort through the food her brother packed for her. "The dean said that I was able to move up two grades and since my brother allowed me to I did. I'm surprised at how slow the classes here are though; at my old school I already learned this stuff from the students in higher grades. I used to help them with their work for money and things."

    "Where did you live before here?" Hana asked. "Did you live in Mokpo? I can tell it wasn't from around here because your accent is funny and thick, maybe that's why some people were talking about you."

    Hyunjae, who was polite enough to finish chewing her food, grabbed her bottle of water before deciding to answer. "I am from the United States, at least that's where I lived with my parents. They only spoke Korean and a little english and the only thing they really use me for was translations. I came here to live with my brother because my parents weren't doing a good job raising me." She just left it at that and Hana nodded acceptingly. 

    "That's cool, I've been to New York once while on vacation with my parents." Hana replied. "It was nice but I like it here more." Hana finished her food and fell onto he back and started to watch the clouds pass by before motioning for Hyunjae to join her, which she did after putting her food away. "I'm fourteen and I'm supposed to be in seventh grade but they let me skip a grade because I scored so well on the last final exam." Hana began to explain. "I'm number one in the class but I have a feeling that is soon going to change now that you are here; I don't mind that much though. I'm starting to get tired of being considered the nerdy girl. That cloud looks like an airplane; it's so tiny!"

    "That's because that is an airplane..." Hyunjae answered. 

    "Oh," Hana laughed, "I guess you're right. My mind tends to wonder off sometimes... My mother says it's just because I am growing and can't find enough things to do to entertain myself but I'm pretty sure my doctor calls it ADHD. Do you have a phone?" Hana said as she pulled out she from a pocket in bag. "If you do you should give me your number so we can talk and stuff." Hyunjae took her phone out of her sweater pocket and handed it over to her new 'friend'. "I'll put my number in for you; wow, you have like no games or anything on here. What is the point of having a smartphone if you don't have any games? I'll put some on for you." Hyunjae sat up and scooted closer as she watched the girl explain and put these games onto her phone.

    "What is the point of that 2048 thing?" Hyunjae asked as she watched Hana continue to mess with her phone. "And are you putting music on there? I don't have money for that , Hana!"

    "Don't worry and listen to your unni," Hana replied, "I am transferring the music I have from my account onto the account you have set up on here. You'll now have tons of amazing music for free, you are welcome." Hana anded the phone back to Hyunjae, "You should listen to all the groups on there so we have something to talk about tomorrow; I don't tell people very often but I love singing and maybe you do too?" Hana questioned. The two girls got up and brushed out their skirts before picking up their bags and following the crowd of students back to the classrooms. "What do you have next?" Hana asked as Hyunjae glared at her schedule.

    "Gym class." Hyunjae huffed unpleasantly. "I hate gym."

    "I have gym too!" Hana said grabbing the other girls hand and leading her in the direction of the field house. "This week is swimming; you're going to love it."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Donghae was standing at the stove while Hyunjae worked her way downstairs after finishing some homework in her room before dinner. Taking Hyukjae's advice from that morning, Hyunjae apologized to her brother and tried to make up for her attitude that morning by helping set the table for dinner. "I texted Hyukjae and asked what time he was leaving but he said he already left the store so why isn't he home yet?" Hyunjae asked as she gathered the plates Donghae got from the cupboard and handed her.

    "Hangeng probably held him up for some reason; Hyukjae is a big boy and can do things for himself." Donghae said as he finished up dinner and began setting it on the table.

    "If he's such a 'big boy' how come you always do stuff for him?" Hyunjae asked snickering a little as her brother glared at her. "Just asking~" she sang softly before hearing the door open and watching Bada leap up from his spot on the kitchen floor and into the hallway to greet Hyukjae, who was now home and happily shouting down the hallway.

    "Guess what I got from the cafe?" Hyukjae said as he placed a box on the table. "There might or might not be cake in there..." Hyukjae said before he walked over to Donghae and gave him a soft kiss on the lips. "Now that I can move I suggest you watch yourself sweetheart." Hyukjae whispered in his ear before walking over to Hyunjae and messing up her hair. "You get to cut out the first piece after dinner since you clearly survived the first day of school."