Part 31

I Lost the Bet


    "Hyukjae?" Hyunjae said as she walked into the house and closed the door behind Bada and her friend. "Donghae? Is anyone home?" Silence continued to fill the house as both girls walked to the kitchen to grab some water after their walk. "I would suggest not going upstairs for a while..." Hyunjae started before finding a piece of paper sitting on the table. 

    Went to the hospital for a check up, and Hyukjae had questions. Don't know how long we'll be and Kyuhyun will be stopping on the way home to check up on you. Run to the Kwon's if there is an emergency.

                                    - Donghae

    "Look's like we are here alone till that Kyuhyun guy comes." Hana said after reading the note over Hyunjae's shoulder. "My mom just texted and said I'm aloud to spend the night and go to school with you tomorrow so it looks like you are in for a night of fun!" 

    "What do you mean by fun?" Hyunjae asked as she put the note back on the table and walked into the living room, Hana following her as she went. "I don't think your definition of fun is the same as my definition of fun."

    "Will you hush," Hana said as she sat next to the younger and pushed on onto the floor in front of her. "Sit down and behave while I mess around with your hair." Hyunjae sighed and let the other mess around with her hair. "Your hair is so long, Jae." Hana started. "You could do so many things with it instead of just putting it up like you always do."

    "I do more than just put it up. Sometimes I braid it or Donghae braids it for me." Hyunjae retaliated as she grabbed the remote from the coffee table and the television. "Are you having fun?" Hyukjae asked and Hana hummed in reply. "Is it keeping you occupied?" 

    Hana sighed as she continued to twirl the younger girls hair around in different braids and patterns. "If you mean that as satisfying my need to jump around and act all giddy then yes."

    "I will allow you to continue then." Hyunjae replied as she smiled and continued to watch the tv. Soon the two girls relaxed, Hana braiding Hyunjae's hair while the younger watched some drama involving sappy romance. "Why is she still with him?" Hyunjae asked suddenly snapping Hana out of her concentration. "I mean this show is so stupid! She caught him cheating on her with her sister and she still forgives him; this is why I don't watch tv. Romance in books are so much better than this..."

    "Then why don't you read a book?" Hana suggested as she looked around and grabbed the closet book from the piles of stories around the room. "What about this one?" Hyunjae took the book, "Pride and Prejudice? This one is a classic, are you sure you won't get bored if I read it?" 

    "I'm getting bored because you are not reading, now read." Hana replied.

    Hyunjae opened the book to the first page a sighed, she had read this book several times and only had it sitting about because of a book report she needed to get done. She took a deep breath and began to read, in english, which made the older girl hum delightfully secretly liking it when the other spoke english. "It was a truth universally acknowledged, that a man in possession of fortune must also be in want of a wife. However little known the feelings or views of such a man may be on his first entering a neighborhood, this truth is so well fixed on the minds of surrounding families, that he is considered the rightful property of someone or other their daughters."

    "So basically this story is going to be about a man coming to this town and marrying this girl?" Hana said as she finished doing the younger's hair. 

    Hyunjae shut the book and tossed it aside before standing up. "I told you that it would be boring. I'll just go find the movie and we can watch it, but you are going to have to deal with English." Hana shrugged her shoulders and picked up the discarded book before the doorbell rang. "Could you go answer that? It's probably Kyuhyun!" Hyunjae shouted from the top of the stairs. 

    "If I must." Hana replied before climbing off the couch and making her way to the door. The doorbell kept ringing repeatedly, "Must you keep ringing the doorbell?" Hana shouted before opening the door. 

    "Yes I must." Kyuhyun greeted before he smiled at the girl. "You must be Hana, right? Hyunjae told me you were staying over with her." 

    Hana's jaw dropped before she slammed the door in Kyuhyun's face and ran over to the bottom of the steps. "Did you just slam the door?" Hyunjae asked as she came walking down video in hand. "Was it Kyuhyun?"

    "Yes!" Hana said quickly causing her friend to scowl. 

    "Then why did you slam the door in his face!" Hyunjae shoved herself past Hana and tried to make it over to the door before she was grabbed by the arm and pulled backwards. 

    "How come you never told me your brothers friends were hot!" Hana shrieked. "You can't let him in here when I look like a bum!" 

    Hyunjae turned around and tilted her head to the side in confusion, much like Donghae did when he was annoyed. "You think he's cute... but you slammed the front door in his face?" She asked calmly. 

    "What else was I supposed to do?" Hana replied. 

    Hyunjae walked over to the door. "Oh I don't know maybe leave him in!" She shouted before opening the door. "Sorry Kyuhyun, it won't happen again I swear." 

    "It's fine there hun," Kyuhyun said as he walked past the girl and patted her head. "And by the way there," Kyuhyun said as he looked at Hana, "I can here through the door sweetie and I'm too old for you." He walked past the girls, Hyunjae dying of laughter and Hana turning bright red. Kyuhyun sat on the couch and propped his feet up, "So ladies what's for dinner?" 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Donghae was laying on his hospital bed trying to figure out the newest word find he had turned to in his activity book Hyukjae got him from the gift shop. The younger claimed that he was bored and all the channels on the hospital tv were stupid and he needed something to do, so Hyukjae went to fetch the cheapest thing he could find. He only had five dollars in his pocket and he left his wallet back at home. "Hyuk, come help me find this stupid word so I can move onto the next puzzle." Donghae whined as he scooted over making room for his husband. "I can't find the stupid thing!"

    "Which word?" Hyukjae asked before staring at the mess of letters on the page. 

    "Exuberant." Donghae replied. "Hey don't look at me like that, you were the one who decided to pick up the difficult one." Hyukjae took the book from Donghae and threw it aside before wrapping his arms around the other. "Hyukjae, what are you doing? I was working on that word find." Donghae whined.

    "Cuddling, Donghae." Hyukjae answered. "I am cuddling with you. It is way more entertaining than that stupid word find so shut up and enjoy it." Donghae snuggled closer to Hyukjae and wrapped his arms around the other before pulling him down and using him as a pillow. "Donghae..." Hyukjae said as he tried to sit up.

    "Nope, you wanted to cuddle so you will accept your fate and let me do whatever I want to now. If that means you submit and become my pillow for this evening than oh well." There was silence for a while before Donghae spoke up again, his voice a little hesitant. "Hyuk, I think I'm going to go back to work next week. It's boring sitting at home all the time plus the doctor said it was okay." 
     
    "You shouldn't spend all your time in the house so I think going back to work would be good for you. Kyuhyun would be there after all in case anything bad happens." Hyukjae answered. "Do you think it will be a boy or a girl? I want to know soon so I can figure out what type of clothes to make." Donghae scrunched up his face and raised his eyebrow at the others comment. "Also when you start getting a baby tummy do you think we should do that thing where we talk to the baby or let it listen to music? I read somewhere that it helps stimulate brain growth or something."

    "Lee Hyukjae!" Donghae said as he slapped Hyukjae on the shoulder. "Are you saying that you want me to get fat?"

    "You are not fat, nor will you ever be fat." Hyukjae replied as he let his hand travel up and down Donghae's stomach in a slow and soothing motion. "You just have a baby inside you so it's not fat... plus you're might get a tad bit bigger but I'm not complaining." Hyukjae gave Donghae a light kiss before patting the other's lightly. 

    "Hyuk no funny business in the hospital bed, I just want to sleep." Hyukjae pouted as he kept his hands still and listened to his husbands orders. "Lee Hyukjae I mean it." Donghae warned again when he felt Hyukjae shift a little, "Keep your damned hands under control."

    "Watch your mouth sweetheart." Hyukjae replied.

    Donghae rolled his eyes, "And watch your hands. The quicker we go to sleep the quick we can be out of this place and back home." 

    The morning came quickly and the Lee's were quickly discharged and sent on their way back home after being told they needed to come back in a few weeks for another checkup. "Do you think Hyunjae was okay being with Kyuhyun last night?" Donghae asked as they approached their front door. "I'm scared that our house is going to blow up the moment I open the door... What if they flooded the bathroom or something?"

    "Then they would have called, Donghae stop worrying I'm sure that everything is- whoa." Hyukjae sentence came to a dead halt as he opened the door and proceeded to walk in with caution. "The house is spotless, I wasn't expecting that. Do you think they did something?" Hyukjae, and Donghae walked over to Kyuhyun who was passed out on the couch with the television on. "There goes our electric bill." Hyukjae mumbled before poking the boys head. "Yah, Kyuhyun wake up you lazy bum."

    "No." Kyuhyun yawned as he stretched and sat up. "If this wasn't your house I'd be telling you where to shove it." Well Kyuhyun was awake and attacking head on with snarky comments. "The girls are both in bed and I'm pretty sure they did the dishes."

    "Girls?" Donghae said as he hung up his coat and sat down on the chair next to the couch. "Did Hana stay over, too?" Kyuhyun shook his head and yawned again. "Kyuhyun, isn't it Wednesday?" 

    "Uhh, yeah I think so." the younger replied before grabbing his phone off the coffee table to check the date. "Yeah it is Wednesday."

    Donghae sighed and sat back in the chair, "Kyuhyun aren't children supposed to be in school on Wednesday's?" He asked before giving his friend a questioning look. 

    "Oh ." Kyuhyun quickly hopped up from the couch and ran upstairs.

    Hyukjae looked to Donghae before taking a seat on the couch. "I am going to say right now that the godparents of this child should be Kangin and Leeteuk because Kyuhyun is not cut out for parenthood." He mentioned. "Agreed?"

    "Agreed." Donghae said as he nodded. "Should we tell him that it's a holiday and there is no school or should we let him figure that out on his own?" Donghae asked as he stood up and walked over to Hyukjae before taking a seat beside him. 

    "I fell like we need some entertainment today." the other replied before wrapping a hand around Donghae's shoulders. "Let's sit back and watch."