Part 19

I Lost the Bet

The last chapter I originally had named 'Hyukjae the Housewife'... this chapter is called 'Hyukjae the Housewife: Part 2 (My other chapter names are way better).

Hyukjae crawled out of bed late the next morning having slept extra long due to all the work he had to do the night before. It took two hours for Donghae to show him how to organized the food correctly and an extra thirty minutes added onto that after the younger opened the fridge to discover a mess just as bad as the one in the cupboards. "Uggggh," Hyukjae groaned as he slumped out of bed and walked over to his drawer in search of some pants and a shirt to wear for today; he completly bypassed the shower since he took one last night (it was really two but the one with Donghae does not count). He made his way downstairs, nearly tripping on a dog toy as he went, before stumbling into the kitchen and turning on the coffee pot to make a morning pick me up. As Hyukjae wondered about the kitchen looking for a clean cup he found a piece of notebook paper laying on the table.

    Hyukkie,

        Since you obviously need some instruction on how to clean the house I thought it would be best to leave you a note. Plus isn't the whole leaving notes thing cute and romantic? The list of things I need you to do today are listed below:

    Do the laundry (this means everything)
    Wash the dishes
    Mow the lawn (yes, we have grass outside)
    Turn over the flowerbed out front
    Wash the car
    Give Bada a bath 

        I believe in you! Hyukkie the house'husband'  fighting! 

                        Love, Donghae
     

    Hyukjae cringed at the list in front of him before turning towards the sink to see just how many dishes there were piled up inside, and to his surprise not that much; a few pots and pans, plus the stuff Donghae used to bake a brownies. "Mind as well knock those out first, huh?" Hyukjae asked himself more than the dog who wondered its way into the kitchen in an attempt to get a treat from the other, which succeeded. As Hyukjae filled the sink with water and added soap he pushed up his sleeves and prepared from the easiest thing on his list of things to accomplish for the day. "At least I know I can do this one." Hyukjae said out loud hoping that talking to the dog was not too crazy. "Maybe if I get all of this stuff done today I won't have as much to do tomorrow."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "This place has to be ready tonight!" Donghae said as he paced around the dressing room as he watched Hangeng and Heechul set of the last mirror. "All the clothes have to be placed on the dummies and hung on the racks, we can't forget the things that we need to place on the shelves, too." Donghae contined to walk around ranting and not paying attention to his surroundings causing him to trip and fall over a stack of boxes. 

    Hangeng laughed at the misfortune of the other while Heechul dropped whatever it is he was doing, or the mirror he was carrying onto Hangeng's foot, and ran over to the younger who was still laying hopelessly in the pile of boxes on the floor. "Donghae, baby, are you alright?" Heechul said worriedly as he picked up the other. "You are not hurt are you?"

    "You should really just let me lay there in my own misery." Donghae muttered as Heechul sat him down on the couch in the fitting area. "This whole thing is just a failure anyway and Hyukjae probably won't even like it." Donghae started to wipe away the tears that were being to form in his eyes. "I need to show him this place tonight because it's his birthday; you know he didn't even realize that his birthday was this week?" Donghae smiled lightly as Heechul sat down beside him and wrapped him up in a loving hug. 

    "You know I always knew Hyukjae was dense but I didn't realize that he would forget his damn birthday." Hangeng chimed in earning a glare from Heechul.

    "He is dense," Donghae replied as he began to smile. "Last night when I got home I found that he had no idea how to put away groceries! I had to teach him how to place everything so it wouldn't fall out of the cupboards." 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Hyukjae drug himself through the front door as a happy and cheery white ball of fluff came barreling in behind him as the door closed. "Why did it have to be so hot outside?" Hyukjae whined to himself as he took the balled up shirt in his hand and wiped the sweat from his face. The unusual warm, but very sunny, day had left Hyukjae with a wonderful environment to go digging in the dirt outside just as Donghae had instructed him to do. On a scale of one to ten Hyukjae would rank his latest chore a whole whopping seven on his scale of things he'd prefer not to do ever again, but the women walking the neighborhood today would beg to differ. "Wait till I tell Donghae about all the lovely whistles and offers I got today." Hyukjae said as he looked at Bada. "If I've known that taking my shirt off in public was going to get me dates I would have done it a long time ago..." 

    Hyukjae laughed to himself as he grabbed the pen laying on the table. "Ahh, who am I kidding; no I wouldn't have." The list Donghae had given him was almost complete as he scribbled out his latest accomplishment.    

        Do the laundry this means everything)
        
Wash the dishes Done
        Mow the lawn (yes, there is grass outside) Done
        Turn over the flowerbed out front Done
        Wash the car Done
        Give Bada a bath

    Hyukjae eyed Bada who was sitting contently at his feet. "Want a bath?" He asked before Bada got up and scurried away at the mention of the word bath. "I will get you later!" Hyukjae shouted throughout the house before he walked over to the laundry room. He opened the washer before taking out the last load of laundry before opening the dryer. "Prepare to be completed." He muttered to himself as he threw the clothes into the dryer and started it up before walking off to go cross off the last thing on his list; he'd thought it would be best to worry about Bada later. 

    Being the loving and caring house'husband' that he is, Hyukjae decided that Donghae would appreciate it if he had dinner ready before the other got home. Not only was he hoping that it would make up for last nights mess, but maybe he could sweep Donghae off his feet with a lovely meal and then con the man into giving their dog a bath. 

    It wasn't until a few hours later when Hyukjae had vegetables frying in a pan on the stove and the table was set when he heard the front door open signaling either Donghae's arrival home or his mother was coming over for an unannounced visit. "Hyukjae," Donghae's voice sounded from the hallway, "Are you making dinner? I'm starving and it smells good." Donghae walked into the kitchen, setting down the white ball of fluff he had picked up in the hallway before acknowledging his fiancé's much appreciated, and half , presence. "Didn't your parents ever telling you that cooking without a shirt on could lead to bad things?" Donghae said as he walked over and wrapped his arms around the other. "You could get splattered by something, burned, attacked by your boyfriend..."

    "Yah!" Hyukjae snapped as he swatted Donghae's hands away from his stomach and forced the other to go sit down at the table. "No fooling around while the stove is on. Didn't Heechul ever tell you not to play around the stove?" He countered back to try and get back for the teasing he was taking earlier. 

    "Heechul does not teach anything," Donghae replied, "He waits for you to learn from experience." Hyukjae rolled his eyes and ignored the other as he helped him get dinner on the table; Hyukjae really wanted to do it by himself but Donghae just wouldn't listen. "So, how was your day?" Donghae asked as they began eating. "Did you get all of the stuff done on the list I made for you?"

    The other nodded as he continued to stuff his face. "Yeah," Hyukjae finally replied, "well maybe all of it.... all but one thing... Want to help me give the dog a bath later? Please sweetheart, I'm begging you." Hyukjae gave the other his best pout and waited for Donghae to nod in agreement, which he did reluctantly. "I just have this feeling that if I was to put Bada in the bathtub a big disaster would occur leaving the bathroom a mess, and I just cleaned the bathroom." Donghae simply nodded as he continued eating and let Hyukjae go on explain his day and telling about how horrible all of his chores were. "When I was outside today, you know doing the garden thing you asked me to do, it got really hot out so I took off my shirt." He motioned to his still torso as he continued on with his story. "Did you know that I got several proposals today?"

    Donghae suddenly stopped eating and put his fork down on the table before looking up at the other. "And?" He questioned as he raised his eyebrow questioningly. 

    "I told them that if they wanted any of this," Hyukjae explained as he ran his hand over his stomach, "that they would have to get past you first." Hyukjae winked at Donghae causing the other to give him a reassuring smile. "And just think about it; if I alone do that much damage imagine what would happen if we both went outside and did yard work shirtless. That poor lady across the street would die of a heart attack." 

    "Not to mention we would most likely get in trouble for public indecency." Donghae chimed in.

    "We won't get in trouble for having our shirts off outside." Hyukjae replied. "If the old hairy man three block over is allowed to sit on his front porch shirtless all summer long then we can, too." Hyukjae grabbed the dirty dishes and got up from the table as he carried them over to the sink. "But if you really want to get in trouble for public indecency I can make sure to give our neighbors a lovely show, if you are willing of course."

    Donghae's face turned a bright shade of pink as he coughed and choked on his drink. "N-no!" Donghae managed to say after he finished his coughing fit. "No! For heavens sake and all that is decent, no!" Donghae stood up from the table and made his way to the laundry room where he quickly grabbed a shirt and threw it at his fiancé. "Put this on, we are going somewhere." He hissed as he quickly took off his jacket and undid his tie. Hyukjae slipped the the shirt Donghae gave him over his head before walking over to the other. "Hyuk, what are you doing?" Donghae asked as the other began to his dress shirt. "I can undress myself..."

    "I am just trying to be helpful so shut up and let me your damned shirt." Hyukjae said as he ed the last button and let Donghae take it off as he searched the basket of clean clothes for a shirt to give Donghae. "Change out of the work pants while you're at it and throw your clothes in the basket there." He said pointed to an empty basket sitting in the corner of the room. "I'm going to go and find the leash so we can take Bada on a walk since you are so keen on going out." 

    Hyukjae walked away leaving Donghae alone to change as he went on a search for Bada and the leash. Donghae quickly slipped on his pants before walking out into the hallway and putting on a normal pair of shoes. He pulled out his phone before sending a quick message to the two waiting for him to arrive back at the shop with Hyukjae, and now Bada as it seems. 

    To: Heechul
    From: Donghae

        We are leaving! I swear if you two ruined anything...

    Donghae slid his phone back into his pocket as Bada came barreling down the stairs with a leash attached to his collar. "Hello baby." Donghae said as he greeted Bada and gave him a quick pat on the head before grabbing ahold of the leash. "Hyukjae are you coming or not?" Donghae shouted.

    "I had to pee, hold on!" Hyukjae's voice answered before he came down the stairs. "Am I not allowed to zip up my pants?"Hyukjae complained as he grabbed his coat and shrugged it on. "Let's get going before it gets to late; there is a movie on that I wanted to watch tonight. The two left their house and made it into the tiny little town before Donghae's phone went off again. Donghae unlinked their hands so he could answer, or at least see, Heechul's reply.

    To: Donghae
    From: Heechul

        I never ruin anything; I just make things better. Get here soon because I'm tired of waiting. 

    "Whatcha looking at?" Hyukjae asked as he took Donghae's hand in his again. "Something wrong with Heechul? I seen his name on the contact."

    "Yah! Lee Hyukjae, do not read my messages!" Donghae whined with a pout. "And come on I want to go and see this new place they have open in town." Donghae picked Bada up off the ground before pulling on Hyukjae's hand literally dragging the other down the street and to the store with paper covered windows. "Open the door and go inside." Donghae said as he smiled and ran his head through Bada's fur.

    "Wasn't this the old empty place that was for sale awhile ago?" Hyukjae asked as Donghae nodded and motioned for the other to go inside. "Hae, this seems creepy.."

    "Hyukjae just open the ing door!" Donghae shouted causing people walking nearby to stare at the two before going about their business. "Inside, go, now." Donghae said as Hyukjae's and tugged at the handle and pulled the door open. He quickly shoved the other inside, "Lights please!" Donghae shouted causing the lights to flick on and Hyukjae to stare at the happily dancing man beside him. "Happy Birthday Hyukkie!" Donghae cheered before he bit his lip cutely and sat Bada on the ground so he could run about. "You like it right?"

    "Do I like what?" Hyukjae asked quietly as he stared at the sight before him. Just like Heechul and Hangeng promised the place was filled with colorful and unique clothes hanging from racks and displays. Pants and shoes were placed along shelves on the walls as the furniture Heechul picked out was scattered around the place creating just the right amount of seating where it was needed. "I don't get it..." 

    "The store!" Donghae said, "It's yours!" 

    "No ing way." Hyukjae said as he turned to the other and slapped him playfully in the shoulder. "No way; stop lying and tell me what is going on." 

    Heechul and Hangeng appeared from behind the front desk and Hangeng made his way around while Heechul continued to lean against it with his arms crossed. "You sure are thick aren't you?" Heechul scoffed. "Donghae bought and built this store for you to sell your clothes at, you ing idiot."

    Hyukjae, to happy and excited to care about who was watching, picked Donghae up in a gigantic hug and spun him around. "Donghae I love you so damn much, you know that!" Donghae continued to cling to the other as he was placed back on his feet; he was a little to dizzy to stand by himself anyway. "At first I thought you forgot my birthday was today, but when you came home and you were all playful I thought you were going to just have some thing planned, but this is a thousand times better!" Hyukjae ignored to slap he got due to his comment and continued to parade around the store looking at everything. "Is all this really mine? , are those our designs Hangeng?" he asked. 

    Hangeng nodded, "Welcome to our new job as business owners and designers my good friend." Hyukjae couldn't help but smile for the rest of the time there, and Donghae was happy, too, knowing that the past two weeks of suffering to get the shop finished was worth it.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Hmmm, Donghae?" Hyukjae whispered as he pulled the other, and now sleeping, man closer to him. "You know I love you, right?"

    Donghae nodded before yawning lightly, "Yeah." 
    

 

I can't end chapters worth today... (Maybe tomorrow they can give Bada a bath, no?)