Part 14

I Lost the Bet

 

Hyukjae placed his fork gently on the table before moving his knife slightly further away from his hand, just in case. "What kind of change?" Hyukjae asked before Donghae's eyes lit up happily. 

    "You mean you want to listen to my proposal!" Donghae said happily. "This is amazing, okay-"

    "Whoa," Hyukjae quickly interrupted, "what kind of proposal?" 

    "Hyukjae please hear me out on this before you answer, okay?" Donghae started and Hyukjae nodded nervously. "So I have been thinking about a lot of things lately that have contributed to this decision. For example, I work in an office as a business man while you are, hopefully, employed at a fashion company. Your cooking skills are amazing and you have been awkwardly submissive as of late." Donghae waited for some type of answer, or weird intervention, from Hyukjae which did not come so he continued to proceed with his talk. "So... getting to the whole point of this conversation, I was wonder if that maybe I could be considered the guy in this relationship and you the girl..." 

    Hyukjae continued his blank stare as he watched Donghae's cheeks turn an embarrassed shade of pink  while he tried to avoid eye contact and look around the room. Suddenly out of no where Hyukjae kicked Donghae's leg from across the table and watched as the other gripped his leg in pain. "You stupid little ," Hyukjae said, "Is that all you wanted to know? I could care less who the hell tops or bottoms in our relationship; for s sake it changes daily between us anyway. We are both men so whoever is the most manly on a certain day is whichever one of us has the most testosterone floating through them at the moment!" Hyukjae finally calmed down and slumped back in his chair as he crossed his arms, "I thought you were going to ask something else you idiot." Hyukjae mumbled. 

    Silence continued to fill the room as both the men picked at their food and tried their best to avoid eye contact. "Hyukkie," Donghae said in hopes of getting his boyfriends attention. "Hyukkie, what did you think I was going to ask?" Hyukjae sighed and stood up grabbing his plate, and Donghae's, before taking them to the sink. 

    "It doesn't matter; go make sure Bada has enough food and stuff before we leave. I'll go start up the car." Donghae got up and began to move about the house in silence as he got ready to leave, making sure to leave a lamp and the radio on for Bada. Hyukjae grabbed his coat and made his way outside to go start up the car; once outside he took a deep breath of the cool spring air hoping it would clear his mind, before climbing into the car and starting it. 

    A few minutes later Donghae came bounding out the front door and climbed into the passengers seat holing a folder of papers. "You'll need these for the show tonight," Donghae said motioning to the folder on his lap as he buckled his seat belt. "It's your line up for the show tonight and stuff; you are so lucky I checked your office to make sure you didn't forget anything."

    "Thank you, Hae." Hyukjae replied as he gave his boyfriend a quick kiss on the cheek before beginning their drive. The rest of the car ride consisted of Donghae singing along to the radio while Hyukjae silently cussed at those who pulled out in front of him in the busy traffic. Even though Donghae questioned him, and sometimes scolded, Hyukjae refused to accept the fact that he had developed a slight case of road rage. "Okay we are here," Hyukjae said as he pulled into an empty parking space in front of the fashion building. "You need to be on your best behavior in here, and please for the love of god don't do anything stupid I'm begging you."

    "Lee Hyukjae!" Donghae said sounding slightly offended. "I am 24 ing years old, and I'm perfectly capable of acting like an adult! Plus I'm y and adorable, everyone here will love me." He finished before climbing out of the car. Once they were both inside Hyukjae took Donghae's hand in his and made his way around the crowd of people; sometimes they stopped quickly to bow and introduce themselves, or Hyukjae introducing Donghae, to some people of minor importance. "Hyukjae this looks like it is going to be amazing," Donghae said as they walked passed the stage and large crowd of peopled gathered to watch tonights fashion extravaganza. 

    "Hyukjae!" Both of the men heard someone shout causing them to turn around to find Hangeng running towards them. "We have a big, big, problem." Waisting no time he grabbed their hands and lead them backstage to wear their display was set up and their models were already prepping for tonights display. "We are down two models for tonight, which is not good because there is no one to replace them, and no other group has any to spare. Somehow both of these girls came down with a violent stomach bug after going out to dinner with Jessica." Hangeng finished explaining causing Hyukjae to run a hand through his hair in frustration. 

    As fast as Donghae pulled out his phone and dialed it there was an answer, "You are so lucky you two know me." Donghae said to the other two men currently having a not so secret panic attack. "Hello, Heechul?" Donghae said when he heard the voice on the other side speak. "No time to explain just grab my wig, get the face bras and get to the studio as quick as you can.... Yeah the one three blocks over....Hyukjae what floor are we on?" Donghae quickly asked. Hyukjae quickly held up two fingers as he watched Donghae work his magic. "Second floor, back of the stage, fifth display on the right in the back.... yup... see you in a few." Donghae hung up his phone. "Lee Hyukjae you owe me big time; I mean you are my personal slave till the end of ing time, type of owe me." 

    Both Hyukjae and Hangeng threw their arms around Donghae in a gigantic hug muttering nonstop praises of thanks and appreciation. Donghae observed how the other women were getting ready for the show and after a few minutes was secretly pleased that Hyukjae and Hangeng's presentation was third to last to go. "Hyukkie," Donghae said as he pulled on Hyukjae's shirt sleeve, "I need to talk to you for a second." Donghae was scared, slightly terrified even; when he looked around and saw people chatting amongst one another he saw that one person he truly never wanted to see ever again. Jessica Jung, his ex-girlfriend. 

    "What is it Hae?" Hyukjae asked the other as he pulled him off to a quiet corner to talk. "If you're nervous don't be because walking out there is nothing. Just compare it to walking down the street." 

    "It's not that," Donghae whispered as his fingers played with the hem of Hyukjae's shirt. "That girl over there, the one yelling at all those people, that's Jessica." Donghae glanced up at Hyukjae with a cute and concerned look.

    "I know who Jessica is; actually we used to be best friends until she got that boyfriend in high school." Hyukjae replied giving Donghae a comforting hug. "There is no need to worry about her, why did you want to know?" 

    "Hyukkie," Donghae said as he pulled away from the hug, "I was that boyfriend." Hyukjae was about to talk, give some sort of reply, roll his eyes, do something but he just couldn't. His boyfriend, the man he thought of spending the rest of his life with, that one guy he was lucky enough to meet through speed dating was the one guy who had awoken the tormenting storm that was Jessica. "I didn't know that you knew her or anything and in college I dated her for like a year then she started to become bossy and obsessed in a bad way so I ended it." Donghae quickly explained drawing Hyukjae's attention back to him. "I didn't think she'd turn into such a ." He whispered quietly. 

    Hyukjae quickly gave Donghae a kiss on the lips, "Heechul's here let's talk about this later." He said before smiling lightly.

    "This is the !" Heechul's voice boomed loudly, "I can't believe that I am going to be able to participate in this! Oh Hae baby, here is your bra and wig." Heechul said throwing things at Donghae. "Ah, you over there," Heechul yelled at Hangeng, "Where do I get ready? It's going to take me a while to get this poor excuse beautiful enough to go in front of people." he said motioning to Donghae. 

    "You can go back there," Hangeng replied pointing to the door behind their clothing rack. "You have 30 minutes to get ready and the ladies back there will help you so don't be rude." Heechul grabbed Donghae by the arm and dragged him into the back; Hyukjae muttered a slight sorry and thank you as the younger as he disappeared into the back. "I am making that man wear the sleaziest outfit we have!" Hangeng growled as he pulled the evening cocktail dress out from the rack of clothes. "I will make sure he wears this, stupid er."

    "You just want to see him wearing something revealing you sick excuse for a partner." Hyukjae snickered before he was interrupted by a scream coming from the back room. 

    Suddenly Heechul popped out from behind the door. "Do you have any tissues?" He asked quickly before someone handed him a box. "Donghae didn't take a liking to the whole 'I'm going to wax all your hair off' method of mine...." Hyukjae's eyes went wide as Heechul began to close the door. "Don't worry he's gonna be fine!" The older man reassured before giving a thumbs up and slamming the door shut.

    Hyukjae tired his best to push all other thoughts from his mind as he worked with Hangeng to help the other men and women get dressed into their appropriate outfits. Hangeng sent the Donghae and Heechul's outfits to the back in hopes that they will figure out who was wearing what. "Hangeng are they finished yet?" Hyukjae asked worriedly. "We go on in five minutes and they are not out here!" Hangeng waved Hyukjae on his way as he attempted fix someones hair; Hyukjae decided that the best thing to do would just go check himself. "Are you two ready because we go on in a few min- oh my god." Hyukjae words came to a halt. Heechul smirked at the man in the doorway as he continued to work on Donghae's hair and makeup. Was Heechul even a man; if he was you couldn't tell by the way he looked. Hair with glorious volume, makeup perfecting every feature on his face, and the dress Hangeng picked out for him only helped outline his perfect figure. "If I get this job I might just have to use you as my permanent model, Heechul. You look ... I have no words." Donghae just huffed and rolled his eyes as Heechul continued to play with his hair. "Donghae are you wearing stockings?"

    "Just shut up and leave the room before i rethink helping you." Donghae growled as Heechul went to go grab his wig and outfit. "Hyukjae get out of here and go do your stuff." Hyukjae laughed before pulling out his phone and taking a picture of an unamused Donghae before walking out of the room and up to Hangeng who was searching for him through the crowd of people. "Are we on?" he asked as he shoved his phone back in his pocket. 

    Hangeng nodded and both men waiting by the curtain. "Now ladies and gentlemen I present to you the last pairing of talented men we have tonight. Having not met before this internship both of these men have come together against all odds in order to create their theme idea for this years spring fashion line." Clapping was heard as Hangeng and Hyukjae walked out onto the stage; all lights and eyes on them as they bowed and waved to the crowd. 

    "Hello ladies and gentleman, and good evening!" Hyukjae started off. "Before we start our portion of the show tonight we would just like to make it known to everyone how challenging it was to create some of the pieces you will see out here tonight." "It wasn't challenging because we made some crazy designs that were impossible to make," Hangeng chimed in. "We just didn't realize how hard it was to make women's clothing when you, yourself, do not wear it." A few laughs were heard throughout the crowd before Hyukjae continued with their pathetic excuse for a speech. "The theme we will be presenting to you tonight is something everyone looks forward too, Seaside Summer." 

    The crowd was in awe, and Hangeng and Hyukjae were so thrilled by the responses their work was receiving that they didn't even notice Heechul who was currently owning the runway (plus it's Heechul for crying out loud). "And last but not least your signature piece of this collection," Hyukjae said, "The simple light blue summer dress. What is the point of being complicated when simplicity brings out the best in all of us?" The crowd's response was nothing compared to that of the two men who were standing on the stage as the sweet looking girl with chocolate brown locks, and gracious curves, came out onto the stage before walking down the runway. Hangeng had to take the microphone because Hyukjae's loss of words prevented him from finishing up the presentation. Donghae giggled and twirled happily at the end of the stage, is cheeks a bright shade of pink as he walked into the back. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Did you really have to wear that home?" Hyukjae asked Donghae for the nth time since they got in the car. 

    "Yes, yes I did so stop asking." Donghae said as he crossed him arms and flung his hair back behind his ears. "Hangeng said I could keep the dress and I am gonna. I kind of miss dressing like this... You can't deny that you think it's hot."

    "Weren't you the one saying that you wanted to be the man in this relationship?" Hyukjae countered. 

    "Oppa," Donghae said in a high pitched voice as he ran his hand up Hyukjae's leg. "Don't you think I look y, oppa?" 

    Hyukjae had to use all of his concentration to keep his eyes on the road. "Unless you feel like dying tonight, sweetheart, I suggest that you let go of my leg and keep your mouth shut." Donghae rolled his eyes and removed his hand from Hyukjae's leg. "Thank you," he said kindly before continuing the ride home. Bada was there to welcome the two as they walked through the front door of their home before going back to sleep for the night. Donghae, who seemed to be in one sassy mood, kicked off his shoes in the door way and began to take off his wig as he made his way up stairs for the night. Hyukjae sat on the edge of their bed as he began to his shirt and change for the night; Donghae ran a hand through his hair before attempting to struggle with the button holding his dress closed in the back. "Want some help?" Hyukjae asked as he stood up and made his way over to help the other. 

    "Hmmm," Donghae hummed, "Thank you." He shrugged the dress off his shoulders and stepped out of it before picking it up off the floor and hanging it in the closet. "I'm sleeping in my underwear and there is nothing that you can do about it." Donghae said as he flopped down on top of the bed and hugged a pillow. 

    Hyukjae laughed as he finished changing and pulled on a pair of sweatpants. "You gonna cuddle with that pillow or me?" Hyukjae asked as he tugged on the fluffy barrier between them. 

    "Let me thinking about that..." Donghae responded before he tightened his grip on the pillow. "Nope, the pillow is more comfy and unlike someone, Hyukjae, it wants to cuddle with me whenever I want to." Hyukjae pouted and turned his back to Donghae, "Oh come on Hyuk," Donghae muttered, "I was joking." Donghae waited in the quiet before sitting up and hitting Hyukjae with the pillow. "Listen to me you stubborn !" Donghae whined before Hyukjae forcefully grabbed the pillow and tossed it to the floor leaving the other without a weapon or something to cuddle with. Donghae gently ran his hand along Hyukjae's back, "Oppa~" he sang with his normal voice, "Oppa, why are you so mean to me?" 

    In one quick movement Hyukjae flipped over and had Donghae pinned to the bed beneath him. "If you call me oppa one more time you better be prepared because I will not be responsible for what I'll do to you." Hyukjae growled as he ran his hands up the others thighs. "Do it again, I dare you." 

    Hyukjae watched as Donghae's eyes turned hazy and his breathing became noticeably heavier. His eyes glanced over the bulge starting to form under the others boxers; Donghae's mouth opened slightly and let a soft whisper escape his lips, "Oppa." He moaned as he felt Hyukjae's hands on every spot of his body except the place that he needed them the most. Soft fingers rubbed over his s before moving down and grabbing his hips before Hyukjae ed forward. "Hyukjae," Donghae moaned, "Either me or go the ing hell to sleep because I will murder you if you tease me." 

    "Someone is feisty." Hyukjae snickered before pulling down Donghae's boxers and discarding them to the floor. "But if that's what you really want I would be more than happy to oblige." Hyukjae spread his boyfriends legs revealing everything the other had to offer. Donghae moaned as Hyukjae's tongue pushed it way through his tight walls as began to move in and out. 

    "Damn," Donghae breathed out, "Keep doing that, please oooh-" Donghae's sentence was cut off by a silent moan as he felt Hyukjae's hand wrap around him. Hyukjae's cool fingers running up and down his heated length had the younger gripping onto the sheets. "Hyukkie...."

    As Hyukjae pulled away Donghae's hand threaded itself in the others black hair   yanking him up before smashing their mouths together. Despite knowing where his boyfriends mouth had iously been, and not particularly caring at the moment, he kissed backed with as much force as he can utter. Donghae's hands quickly, and skillfully, worked at Hyukjae's sweatpants and boxers removing them successfully with little to no help from the other. "Hyukkie, get-get the lube." 

    "How did you manage to get my pants off?" Hyukjae asked as he searched through the nightstand drawer. "Dammit, we have none." Hyukjae cursed.

    Donghae growled and pushed Hyukjae onto his back, "Do I have to do everything around here?" He growled before moving his head downward. "Hyuk, you are the definition of hopeless." 

    "And you are the definition of impatient." Hyukjae replied before losing his voice to pleasure-filled moans. Hyukjae felt himself go weak as he watched himself disappear and reappear from Donghae's mouth. Donghae moaned as Hyukjae ed his hips upward; the younger releasing the other's arousal before laying back down on the bed again. 

    "There, now me." Donghae said as he spread his legs and motioned Hyukjae to come forward. The older quickly moved in between Donghae before grabbing his hips and ing into the tight heat that was Donghae. "Ahh," Donghae groaned as he bit his lip to hold back tears, "move Hyukkie, please." Their lips molded together as Hyukjae slid in and out of the other; bodies slid sensually against one another before Donghae turned into a mess beneath Hyukjae. "Oppa, harder!" Donghae groaned as Hyukjae hit his prostate and for Hyukjae that's all it took to lose it.

    Both panting and giddy, Hyukjae and Donghae curled up on the bed wrapped in each other's arms; their post coital cuddling had them completely oblivious to the now dirty sheets they were laying in. "Donghae," Hyukjae whispered as he brushed his nose against the others neck. "You got to let go and get up while I find us something to clean up with. 

    "Hmmm, okay." Donghae sighed as he let go of Hyukjae and slowly crawled out of the bed and began searching for something he could wear. Satisfied with overly sized shirt he found in Eunhyuk's dresser he slipped it on completely not caring about pants. "Hyukkie, are you done changing the sheets yet?" Donghae asked as he watch Hyukjae finish making the bed.

    "Does it look like I'm done?" Hyukjae replied as he threw the pillows back onto the bed. "There, now hop on in." Hyukjae said as he crawled under the covers.

    "Hyuk, why aren't you wearing any pants?" Donghae asked as he snuggled up against the other. 

    "I could ask you the same thing." Hyukjae said as he let his hand caress Donghae's exposed thigh. 

    "I'm wearing a shirt though..." Donghae giggled, "So at least I have some sort of clothes on." Hyukjae sighed as he reached to the side and turned off the light on their night stand. "Goodnight Hyukkie." Donghae mumbled as Hyukjae wrapped his arms around him and they both slowly drifted off to sleep.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Hmm, Hyukkie." Donghae mumbled as he woke up and nudged the man beside him. "I know you are awake I heard you moving." Donghae sat up in the bed as Hyukjae silently sat up and pulled Donghae closer to him. "It's like 5:00 am, you are never up this early... you sick?"

    "No," Hyukjae replied, "I just have a lot on my mind and I don't know what to do about it. There is this thing that I wanted to give you later but I don't know if I should give it to you now..."

    "Just tell me." Donghae teased, "You know you are going to anyway." 

    Hyukjae reached underneath the pillow and pulled out a little spool with thread around it. "You see this? This is a spool and thread; together they create something that is both useful and works in perfect harmony while apart," Hyukjae said as he pulled some of the thread to show, "they are useless." Hyukjae motioned for Donghae to hold out his hand before having him hold the spool. "There bond is strong and lasts forever," Hyukjae continued to explain as he pulled some of the thread away from the spool Donghae was still holding. 

    "Hyukjae what are you trying to-" Donghae started to ask before Hyukjae continued again.

    "I want a bond with you that will keep us together forever, just like this spool and thread." Hyukjae said. "A bond nothing can separate." Donghae's eyes went wide and his hand covered his mouth as gold ring slid down the piece of string and to the spool Donghae was holding. "Lee Donghae, will you marry me?" 

    "Yes," Donghae managed to say between shaky breaths as he fought to get the ring off the string and onto his finger. "Oh my god yes, Hyukjae..." Donghae let the happy tears fall down his face as Hyukjae pulled him in for a hug. "That was so sweet and adorable and creative and just yes!" After Donghae finally calmed down, and Hyukjae stopped smiling like a crazy person, the two laid attached to each other in bed enjoying their cuddling session. "Hyukjae?" Donghae asked as the other hummed in response. "I love you."

    "I love you too, Hae." Hyukjae responded. "I love you too."