Part 20

I Lost the Bet

(This Chapter is called 'A normal day with a side of excitment') By the end of this chapter you will all either love it, or beg me to see what the hell is gonna happen next. If I'm lucky, maybe you'll do both...

The sun was shining through the few clouds that had found their way into the spring sky; the slight breeze keeping the usually warm air at a nice temperature to be out and about on this lovely Saturday morning. The couple, who would prefer to be inside while watching reruns of pointless comedies while cuddling on the couch, currently found themselves running around their back yard. "No, Bada come back here please!" Hyukjae shouted as he continued to chase the now brown and mud covered dog around the yard. "Let your appa's give you a bath. Dog I am serious, get back here I am not playing!" Hyukjae ran around the yard chasing Bada only stopping momentarily when he stepped on a rock in his bare feet. "Ouch!"

    Donghae, who was currently filling up the empty metal tub they found in Hyukjae's shed,  quickly turned his attention to his fiancé who was stumbling around the yard with a limp. "Hyukjae, are you okay?" Donghae asked before he began looking around the yard for their dog. "Where is Bada?"

    "I stepped on a rock!" Hyukjae whined as he continued to look around the now silent yard. "Okay, here is what we are going to do; I will call Bada and he'll come running. When he comes out grab him and if he goes past you I'll go for him, got it?" Donghae nodded as Hyukjae shouted for the dog who came barreling out from behind a bush at the sound of his name. "Hae, grab him!" Hyukjae shouted as Donghae started to charge.

    Donghae whistled causing the dog to come running to his appa and stopping right in front of his feet. "Good boy Bada." Donghae praised the little thing as he bent over and picked him up before turning his attention in the direction of a loud and un-manly shriek. Donghae turned around to see Hyukjae all soaked from the hose water; with his attention given to the dog he forgot that he was in fact holding the hose and might have accidentally aimed the running water towards the other. "Oops... Sorry Hyukkie." Donghae giggled as placed Bada back on the ground, told him not to move, and turned off the hose before tossing it to the ground. "I wasn't paying attention."

    Hyukjae sighed as he walked over and picked Bada up off the ground. "Really? I had no idea..." he said as he crawled over the edge of the tub before sitting down inside the soapy water meant for the dog. "Since I am all wet I mind as well just be the one washing the dog." Donghae giggled as Bada doggie paddled contently in the water around the other sometimes disappearing behind a cloud of bubbles only to be pulled out by Hyukjae. "Hae, hand me the soap please." Hyukjae asked as he pulled Bada onto his lap. 

    Donghae continued to kneel on the outside of the tub and watch as Hyukjae scrubbed their baby clean. "I could have helped you more than this you know." Donghae said as he helped Hyukjae out of the tub and handed him a towel to dry the white, clean, and fluffy fur ball off with. "I feel bad because you are wet now." Donghae pouted.

    "Don't feel bad sweetheart." Hyukjae said as he picked a surprised Donghae up bridal style. "I know you didn't do it on purpose."

    "Hyukjae what are you doing?" Donghae asked.

    Hyukjae kissed Donghae lightly on the cheek, "Oh you know," He began. "Payback." He smirked before dropping Donghae into the tub of water before making a run for it. 

    "Lee Hyukjae I'm going to kill you!" Donghae said as he stood up and began climbing out of the tub. "Get back here!" Donghae said as he chased after Hyukjae who continued to tease the other by running around the yard. Both men were happily shouting at each other as they ran around, until Hyukjae slipped on mud and went down. "Ha, I got you!" Donghae cheered as he sat on top of Hyukjae. "I win, now give me a kiss and go 'Sorry for throwing you in the water Hae'." 

    Hyukjae sat up as Donghae scooted back off his stomach and onto his lap. "I'll willingly give you a kiss, but I'm not going to apologize for something I'm not sorry for." Donghae shook his head and chuckled lightly as Hyukjae gave him a kiss. "I think you need to take your wet clothes off before you get sick, we can't have you getting sick for our wedding." Hyukjae mumbled into their kiss.

    Donghae smiled against Hyukjae's lips as he felt the other tug at the buttons on his shirt. "Remember what I told you Hyukjae," Donghae reminded the other as he pulled away but continued to let Hyukjae play with the buttons, "No more y time until after we're married."

    "But Hae~" Hyukjae whined, "that's going to take forever. We didn't even plan out our wedding yet."

    "Aish," Donghae sighed as he climbed off of Hyukjae lap and held out his hand to help the other up. "Come on, I want to head out to the park where they have that nice flower stand set up and buy some things; we need to make the gardens around here look lively and not just a pile of dirt." Donghae walked over to the clothes line where he had the laundry Hyukjae left in the dryer from last night hanging. "Go inside and put these on so we can leave." Donghae said as handed Hyukjae a new shirt and pair of pants. "Yah! What are you doing?" 

    Donghae turned around to find Hyukjae shirtless and his hands currently working on undoing his pants before he grabbed the dry shirt from Donghae. "Thank you, sweetheart." Hyukjae said as he left a sloppy and loud annoying kiss on Donghae's cheek. Donghae mumbled to himself as Hyukjae slipped out of his wet pants before putting the dry ones on. Donghae tried his best to advert his eyes and glanced around to make sure no one was watching them; he didn't need anyone seeing Hyukjae in his underwear. "Oh don't even give me that look," Hyukjae said when he noticed the disapproving side glance. "It is my back yard and I can get back here if I want to."

    "But Hyukjae what if someone see's you?" Donghae asked as he hung Hyukjae's wet clothes on the line.

    "Maybe I'm an nudist and I love to walk around my back yard in the sun." Hyukjae retorted. "Ever think of that?" Donghae continued to ignore the other as he clipped Hyukjae shirt to the line. Hyukjae, now fully clothed, walked behind Donghae before wrapping his arms around him. "Or maybe I am an exhibitionist who loves to do naughty things in public for everyone to see..." His hands started to Donghae's wet shirt and before the other knew it the fabric was already slipped off his shoulders. 

    "Hyukjae," Donghae said warningly as Hyukjae's hands wondered down his chest and stomach until they began unfastening his pants. "No!" he squealed before pulling a clean shirt off of the line before running inside the house to change. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Which colors do you think would look the best out front?" Donghae asked Hyukjae as he pushed his glasses up on his nose (he thought they would be a nice touch with todays simple outfit; plus he knew how much Hyukjae loved them). "I think we should get some of these grasses and annuals to plant out front because they will last longer and we won't have to worry about replanting them every year." Donghae continued to walk through the assortment of plants and bushes, bowing to others as he passed them, with Hyukjae following behind. "What do you want to do to the back yard? We have enough space out there to make a nice sized garden to do almost anything."

    Hyukjae hummed and took Donghae's hand in his while the other intertwined their fingers unknowingly. "How do you know so much about plants and gardening?" He asked Donghae as the other bent down to look at a plant label. "You never told me that you knew so much about these types of things."

    "My dad used to be a gardener so there were plants and flowers around the house." Donghae stated as he let go of Hyukjae's hand to bend over an inspect the plant that they were looking at better. "He was a landscaper so we had books about how to keep and maintain gardens that I would read in my free time just because they were lying about; nothing that impressive really." Donghae looked back up at Hyukjae who looked down at him with a confused expression. "For example, since this plant has thick and silky leaves that makes it a good plant to place in the shade because it can contain water for a long period of time and silky like coating on the leaves help absorb what little sun it can get." Donghae grabbed the others hand and pulled him down with him. "Just look at it and you'll see what I mean." Donghae muttered more to himself than the other.

    "Can we have plants outback that are several different colors?"  Hyukjae asked as Donghae nodded. "If we are going to have a garden I want it to be a colorful one at least; and maybe we can grow some vegetables or something, too?" Hyukjae continued to follow Donghae around and help the younger pick out several different types of flowers. Hyukjae was put in charge of pulling one of the carts the place had while Donghae inspected each plant they picked up before putting it inside. "We are going to go broke buying flowers." Hyukjae mumbled under his breath when he realized that the cart was getting heavy and difficult to pull. "We are buying half of this guys inventory." 

    "Think of it as a long term investment, Hyuk." Donghae said as they weeded (weeded... plants.. haha) in and out of the vegetable and fruits section. "Now what kind of vegetables do you want?" Donghae asked the other just to get a shrug in reply. 

    "Choose whatever you think will be best; you're the expert." Hyukjae said before giving Donghae a thumbs up and a gummy smile. 

    "Okay," Donghae smiled before heading forth into the world of healthy and homegrown foods. "We should get tomatoes because they grow great in our climate, and that will save us a ton of money on taco supplies." The younger continued to talk as he had Hyukjae pick up the tomato plant he selected and place it in their cart. "Green beans are always nice; potato and carrot plants are something nice to have to. Since they are root plants we can easily plant a lot of them and not have them get in the way." Hyukjae just agreed with whatever his fiancé was saying and continued to place whatever the other was handing him into their cart. As they kept going on their marry way, the two men started to attract the attention of the people around them. Most of the women found it cute how the two were getting into the whole plant buying thing and admired them for acting so cute in public; the men, or the few that were there, silently watched and mentally took a few notes on how to impress their ladies. "Hyukkie look!" Donghae cheered happily as he walked over to the section of shelved plants. "Strawberry plants! Do you want one?" Donghae loved how Hyukjae's face lit up as he let go of the wagon handle and made his way over to the shelf. "Pick out whichever one you want. "

    Hyukjae carefully inspected all of the strawberry plants on the shelf before he reached behind all the plants and pulled out the one from the very back. "I want this one." Hyukjae said as he held it in one hand before grabbing the cart handle in the other and began pulling it along. 

    Donghae looked at the tiny plant in Hyukjae's hands. "Hyuk, isn't that one kind of... small?" He questioned.

    Hyukjae looked at the tiny plant in his hands before looking at Donghae. "No," he replied, "I think it is the perfect size. Everything that grows up to be great once started out small. Just because it's tiny now doesn't mean that it won't grow, right?" 

    "But Hyuk, it looks kind of..." Donghae started before the other cut him off. 

    "I know it doesn't have the greenest leaves," Hyukjae pouted, "but if we give it enough love it will get better and grow to be a great strawberry plant that will give me tons of strawberries for raising it so well." Donghae smiled at Hyukjae's words as he put his hand overtop of the one Hyukjae was using to pull the cart and began to pull it together. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    "Hyukjae stop goofing around with hose!" Donghae shrieked as a blast of cold water hit him. "It's bad enough I already had to get rid of my shirt, now stop getting me wet!" Donghae scolded the other as he walked over to Hyukjae and took the hose from him before handing him a tiny shovel. "Finish digging the holes where I told you to before I decide to dig one to bury you in." Hyukjae threw his hands up in the air as an act of surrendering to the younger's orders before he kneeled in the dirt and continued to dig holes as Donghae went around placing the plants they bought earlier in them. "Hyuk, when was the last time you put on sunscreen?" Donghae asked as he looked at Hyukjae's shirtless back and noticed that his shoulders were beginning to turn a light shade of red.

    "I just put some on because I was starting to get sunburn..." Hyukjae said as he placed a plant into the hole he just dug despite Donghae's orders. "Do you think I should go but my shirt back on?" 

    Donghae nodded, "As much as I would hate not to see you walk around shirtless, it might be a good idea. I rather have a shirt covered Hyukkie than a shirtless, sunburnt, and grumpy one." Donghae's inner self was screaming for the other to keep his shirt off while on the outside he was smiling and going about his business of planting flowers. 

    "Tomorrow we should go out and buy chairs and little tables to stick in the back yard, maybe get a grill so we can cook outback and stuff like that." Hyukjae began to say as he finished digging holes and moved over to help Donghae place one of the bigger plants in the ground. "I never really used my back yard before, but since we are making it nice maybe we could start being out here more once the weather gets really nice." 

    Once they finished getting the plant in the ground Donghae stood up and brushed the dirt off of his pants and hands before pulling Hyukjae, who hand a hand outstretched, up. "It's settled, tomorrow we go shopping." Donghae attempted to wrap his arms around Hyukjae but his plans failed when Hyukjae threw him over his back and headed for the indoors. "Hyukjae, what are you doing! Put me down!" Donghae shouted and he hit Hyukjae on the back repeatedly as he was carried inside. 

    "No can do sweetheart." Hyukjae said as managed to make it into the kitchen with a flailing Donghae on his back. "The sun hitting your gorgeous tan skin out there is really getting to me and I don't think I can handle it much longer." 

    "I knew I should have kept my shirt on, you ert!" Donghae argued as he was thrown onto the couch. "You have a problem, you know that?" Donghae muttered as he placed his hands under his head and laid down as Hyukjae crawled on top of him. "You always want to touch me and get me half ," Donghae pouted when he felt Hyukjae run his hands up and down his bare torso. "Aren't I as attractive with my clothes on?" 

    Hyukjae hummed as he moved down and kissed Donghae's neck. "I love you no matter what you are wearing, but you half outside for an hour with your body covered in sweat and... god, Hae, you have me all rilled up inside."

    "So you're just ?" Donghae sighed as he enjoyed the sensation of Hyukjae's tongue along his neck. Hyukjae hummed in response as he continued on with his ministrations. "Hyukjae if you are going to do something just-" Donghae started before he phone started ringing in his pocket. "Ugh, Hyukjae get off." He said as he pushed Hyukjae away and reached for his phone. "It's Heechul's ringtone." Hyukjae sat back up and dropped his hands to his sides as he sighed and watched Donghae answer his phone with a look of defeat on his face. "Heechul, what the hell do you want?" Donghae said, his voice slightly annoyed. 

    "Get your over here now, you here me?" Heechul's voice sounded through the phone. "You and Hyukjae have twenty ing minutes." And with that the line went dead with Donghae still holding his phone by his ear and Hyukjae staring at him; Heechul's voice being so loud that the younger didn't need to explain. 

    "Go start the car while I go grab a shirt." Donghae said as Hyukjae climbed off of him and headed for the door. "I'll be outside in a minute." 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The car ride all the way threw the city and to Heechul's house was quite an interesting ride; not much talking was involved but a lot of awkward stares and thinking faces as the two tried to figure out why Heechul had summoned them all of the sudden. "Do you think we should knock or just walk inside?" Hyukjae asked as they arrived at Heechul's front door, but his question was quickly answered as Heechul opened up the door and dragged the two inside. 

    "What the hell is that?" Heechul spat as he pointed to his living room. "She shows up here a half an hour ago looking for some man named Donghae and requested that she speaks to him." Heechul glared at Donghae, and that wasn't something that he did very often.

    Donghae peered into Heechul's living room through the doorway to find a young girl sitting on his couch as she read a book. "Hee, she is just a little girl I don't understand..." Donghae started before his eyes went wide. "No! Oh my god no! She is not my child I swear to god; she looks way to old to be from when I was with Jessica and the only other person I've done anything with since that is Hyukjae!" 

    Donghae looked at Hyukjae who had wondered into the living room in the middle of Donghae's little speech to Heechul; he knew that Donghae was telling the truth, but since no one else was willing to come in and figure out who this girl was he mind as well do it himself. "Hey there my name is Hyukjae, what's yours?" Hyukjae asked as he extended his hand to the young girl. 

    She looked at him, and the first thing he noticed was how she had Donghae's deep brown eyes and soft brown hair. "Lee Hyunjae," she answered as she laughed a little. "Our names are alike, Hyukjae. It's nice to meet you... uhh... do you know a guy named Lee Donghae? I'm trying to find him." The girl smiled sweetly, almost to sweetly. It was like a smile that could get you to do anything the wearer desired, like Donghae. Hyukjae walked out into the hallway and pulled Donghae back into the room with him. "You are Donghae aren't you?" Hyunjae squeals happily as she hops up from her seat on Heechul's couch. "I have come from all over to find you, and I can't believe it's really you! I can tell by all the pictures..."

    "Excuse me, but who are you?" Donghae says as he stands next to Hyukjae in an attempt to shield himself from their weird girl.

    "I am Lee Hyunjae!" She says happily as she bows to him. "I am 12 years old and live in America, or at least I did until a week ago. I saved up all my money to come here and live with you." She looked at Donghae with a hopeful look in her eyes before realizing just how confused the man in front of her was. "I should probably explain more, shouldn't I?" She asked and the tree men nodded in reply, Heechul now calm enough to walk back into his living room. "Well you see," she started as she sat back down on the couch and pulled the backpack she had with her closer before searching through it. "Back at home I am rarely notice; in fact, I wonder if my parents even know that I have left at all. The time I didn't spend at school I spent locked in my bedroom because they didn't want me to get in the way or interact with the baby." All three of the men had solemn looks on their faces as she continued on with her story. "The constantly told me that I was a reminder of 'him'," she said as she nodded towards Donghae, "and that they would not tolerate such a disgrace again so I just simply ran away. I found this hidden in a box in the attic," Hyunjae said as she pulled out a single photo of a smiling young boy with his parents. "I've only ever seen them this happy with the baby..." Hyunjae's voice trailed off as Donghae took the picture and stared at it before looking back at the girl.

    "You-you're my sister?" Donghae asked himself more than the girl, but she nodded in response anyway. The resemblance between the two was uncanny and Donghae could see why Heechul thought that she was his daughter. "But my parent's left me around 13 years ago; holy didn't you say that you were 12? How did you get here all the way from the America's that is not safe!" Donghae slowly walked forward before wrapping his arms around the girl. "If you're going to live with me you need to promise that you'll never do stupid like that." He could hear Hyunjae trying to hide a laugh as she wrapped her arms around him and happily returned the hug. 

    "Did your parents run away to try and be better parents again or something?" Heechul chimed in ruining the somewhat heartfelt moment. "I just don't get it! They leave their only son at the age of 15 to fend for himself while they go parading around another country to try and be better parents?" Heechul was fuming with anger, but perhaps that was just his mother instincts kicking in. "If they ever come back here I will slap the ing out of them, and the first person to stop me is going down with them."

    "Okay, introduction time..." Donghae said as he stood back up and directed Hyunjae's attention to Heechul. "That man, with the wonderful temper, is Kim Heechul. He took care of me when I was left alone and helped me to finish school and graduate college; I owe him everything. Just consider him your grandmother; age has no effect on him so he is old enough to be, he is just forever stuck looking 20." Donghae finished explaining only to earn slap across the head from the older. 

    Heechul walked over and held out his hand for Hyunjae to shake only to have the girl completely ignore it and go strait for a hug, which he responded to with an awkward pat on the head. "Call me grandma or ajumma one time and see what happens to your pretty little face, dear." Heechul warned. "I will allow you to call me Heechul or Heenim; stay on my good side and maybe one day I'll start buying you things." 

    Hyunjae laughed confidently, "I'll keep that in mind Heemin oppa." Heechul had to nod in approval at her cocky and well developed attitude; he could always appreciate a good comeback. "Hyukjae!" She said happily as he bounced over to the other before motioning for him to bend down to her height. "Can I ask you something?" She asked him as he nodded before she leaned in and whispered in his ear. "Are you engaged to my oppa?" 

    Hyukjae stood up strait and nodded his head in response. "How did you guess?" He asked. 

    "Donghae oppa is wearing a ring and you can't keep your eyes off him." Hyunjae said with a smirk. "I might be young, but I am not dumb." She said as she grabbed her bag and walked over to Donghae and hooking her arm in his before doing the same with Hyukjae. "Well boys, let's head home!" Hyunjae cheered happily. "Thank you for helping me Heenim oppa!" she said before pulling the two men towards the front door towards, what she hoped, would be a happier home.