Part 11

I Lost the Bet

"Hmmm, Hyukjae we need to get up now." Donghae mumbled even though he made no attempt to remove himself from the bed. Hyukjae tightened his grip around the other and pulled him closer to him. "Hyukkie, let me up." Donghae muttered into his pillow.

    "No." Hyukjae managed to say before drifting back to sleep. Donghae turned around, still in Hyukjae's hold, and buried his face into Hyukjae's chest. "Hae, sleepy." Hyukjae mumbled when he continued to feel the other move and shift around. Hyukjae sighed happily when Donghae stopped moving and finally decided to give up and go back to sleep for a little while longer. The sent of strawberry filled his nose, and he smiled knowing that the younger must have been using his shampoo again. 

    "Hyukkie," Donghae's voice whispered causing Hyukjae to hum in response. "Wanna see something cool that I taught Bada?" Donghae asked as he managed to get out of Hyukjae's grip and sit up in the bed. Hyukjae grunted unhappily at his loss of warmth and turned his back to Donghae. "Ready?" Donghae asked before he whistled loudly. The sound of paws running increased quickly as their white little ball of fluff came bounding down the hallway and through their door. "See Hyukkie, I taught him how to come when I whistle!" Donghae patted the bed twice, "Come on Bada, where is appa?" He asked enthusiastically as Bada hopped upon the bed and began moving across the sheets until he came up to Hyukjae's uncovered face. "Tell him it's time to get up!"

    Bada barked happily and Hyukjae's face before he was picked up and held. "You little ," Hyukjae said as he sat up with Bada in hand, "I can't believe you are training this cute little thing to betray me!" Bada curls up gently in Hyukjae's arms, "Don't you dare listen to the meanie."

    "Don't turn our dog against me!" Donghae shouted. "Bada down!" Donghae clapped and watched as the white ball of fur flew from Hyukjae's arms and out their bedroom door.

    "Hey, I was cuddling with him!" Hyukjae pouted as he shoved himself back under the covers and turned away from Donghae. "Meanie Hae took away my cuddle buddy." Hyukjae mumbled into the covers. 

    Donghae sighed and looked at the man laying next to him; Hyukjae was always grumpy in the morning, usually, and his fits usually ended with undeniable cuteness. "Hyukjae," Donghae whispered and inched closer to his boyfriends body. "Hyukjae I'm sorry. I'll be your cuddle buddy..." Donghae squealed as Hyukjae turned around and pulled the younger down with him; Donghae was soon surrounded by Hyukjae's strong arms and warm blankets. "No fair, you tricked me."

    "Oh hush," Hyukjae said as he pulled the other closer. "You usually enjoy being clingy so I suggest you shut up and enjoy it while I'm giving you the chance to be like this." Hyukjae in the morning hadn't a care in the world about his attitude, it was either you took it or you left, and Donghae was clearly given no choice in this matter. "You don't need to go to work today anyway, it's Saturday you idiot." 

    "I know I don't have to go to work," Donghae responded, "but you do." Hyukjae shook his head and grunted. "Heechul wanted to get started on those designs right away, and he told you he was going to be here at seven. It is currently six fifty and Kim Heechul is never late." Donghae yipped as Hyukjae quickly pushed him away and scrambled out of bed. Donghae sighed and crawled out of bed himself before walking over to Hyukjae who trying to figure out what to wear. "Go take a quick shower," Donghae said as he pushed Hyukjae towards the bathroom, "I'll get lay something out for you to wear and head downstairs to make some coffee, you'll need it." Hyukjae quickly ran off in the direction of the shower as Donghae pulled out a some pants and a shirt for Hyukjae to wear before heading downstairs to make breakfast. 

    Bada was currently running around Donghae's feet as he moved about the kitchen in an attempt to make breakfast. "Bada go lay down please," Donghae said sweetly and watched as the dog complied and went to lay down further away on the floor. Suddenly the dog got up and made a mad dash for the door, hearing it open. 

    "Oh my god what the hell is that?" Donghae heard Heechul's voice resonate through out his house. "Donghae I think you have a rat problem!" Heechul walked into the kitchen and took at seat at the table before glaring at the white fur ball that was currently eyeballing him from across the room. "Honestly I thought that the offspring of a monkey and a fish would be more-" 

    "Do not talk about my baby like that," Donghae said as he turned around and put a plate of eggs and toast in front of Heechul, "And get your dirty feet off of my table!" Donghae smacked Heechul''s legs until he removed them from his table top. Donghae sat a cup of coffee and a plate at the seat across from the other before going to pour himself a glass. 

    "Why does he get bacon?" Heechul whined.

    "Keep your filthy hands off of his bacon and maybe I'll make you some of your own!" Donghae warned the older. 

    "I went through several years of raising you as my own child for this? No bacon... Defensive much, babe?" Heechul said as he began to stuff his face with the food Donghae gave him already. "Hyukjae has changed you so much; you've turned into one moody little ."

    Hyukjae walked into the kitchen and took his seat at the table. "You mean to tell me he didn't already have that attitude problem?" Hyukjae asks Heechul right off the bat before taking a sip of his coffee. "He's been like that since from the beginning and I thought he inherited that trait from your wonderful self." Donghae rolled his eyes at the others conversation and attempted to ignore any said insults that were directed his way. When he turned around and began cooking again he smiled; never actually having a family like setting where there were people to talk about him in a nagging caring way, Donghae found this teasing torment to be kind of, well, nice. "Donghae, did you eat yet?" Hyukjae asked.

    Donghae took the new plate of bacon and sat it down on the table for Heechul, who happily nodded and contently smiled before reaching for a piece. "No," Donghae replied before being pulled onto Hyukjae's lap. The older held up a piece of toast and held it up waiting for Donghae to take a bite. "Hyukjae, this is embarrassing." Donghae whined as he snatched the piece of bread from Hyukjae's hands and began to munch on it. "Heechul's here, and I'm not even wearing pants."

    "I've seen you before so it doesn't bother me any," Heechul said as he smiled a little. "And I really don't mind what you do in your house, unless you're gonna because then you should tell me so I can go home and get my camera." Hyukjae kicked Heechul from underneath the table causing him to spill some of his coffee onto the table. "Aish, you er." Heechul muttered as he got out of his chair and walked over to the counter to grab a few paper towels to clean up the mess. 

    Donghae glared at Hyukjae, "Be nice." He warned before taking another bite of the toast and putting it down. "I'm going to go change now so please don't try to kill each other while I'm gone." 

    "You are not going anywhere until you eat a proper breakfast." Hyukjae said. "You've been skipping out on it lately and breakfast is the most important meal of the day; you're not moving from this spot until you eat half of this plate. Now, open up." Hyukjae scolded his boyfriend as held a fork-full of food up for Donghae to take a bite of. Donghae complied reluctantly before taking a bite and looking at Heechul with pleading eyes. 

    "Don't look at me, monkey boy is right for once." Heechul replied. "You need to eat properly or you'll get sick." Heechul watched as Donghae pouted and took another bite of food Hyukjae was feeding to him. "I guess I'm happy that I left you in the hands of someone capable of taking care of the pitiful you. Honestly, Hyukjae," Heechul said direction the conversation towards the older of the two boys sitting across from him, "Donghae's appetite is usually an unstoppable force not to be reckoned with. What did you do to him?"
    
    "No one did anything to me, okay?" Donghae replied as he climbed off of Hyukjae lap and took the dirty plates to the sink. "I just haven't been that hungry lately." Donghae walked over and gave Hyukjae a quick kiss on the cheek, "Have fun working today; I'll be cleaning around the house if you need anything." Hyukjae smiled as Donghae began to walk away only to be stopped by a pouting Heechul who was pouting at him playfully while pointing to his cheek. "Hee, let me go." Donghae whined as he continued to point to his cheek. "Aish, fine." Donghae sighed as he gave the elder a quick kiss on the cheek, too. 

    After Donghae finally walked away to go get changed Heechul looked towards Hyukjae before sticking his tongue out at him teasingly. "You, Heechul, are lucky that I like and respect you." Hyukjae said simply as he stood up, "Otherwise I'd beat the out of you." Heechul held in a laugh and stood up to follow the other as he beckoned him to follow. "My studio is upstairs," Hyukjae began to explain, "before Hae moved in it was just one of the empty extra bedrooms I had in this house; he's really livened this place up and stuff. It sounds so cheesy, but I feel like this is a home now."

    "Is this your way of trying to kiss my ?" Heechul asked as the made their way into Hyukjae's studio. "Telling me my precious dongsang is improving your life so much. Trying to persuade my ways with your fashion skills... Whoa, okay the room is impressive." Heechul finally stopped his ranting as he looked around. The walls were painted a soft cream color while the carpet was a light blue. On one wall there was a gigantic bulletin board where several hand-drawn and computer made designs were hanging; the desk that occupied the room was covered with papers of all sorts while the computer and printer were buried underneath. "Is that a sewing machine?" Heechul asked as he walked over and inspected the mechanical thing sitting upon a separate table. Hyukjae nodded before walking over to the closet at the side of the room and opening it to reveal a rack of several different types of fabrics and materials. "Okay fine, you ing win." Heechul said as he threw his hands up in defeat. "This room is amazing." 

    "I know it is, I designed it." Hyukjae replied as he smirked at the older. "Everything I design or create is brilliant, and Donghae's personal touches always make it better." 

                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Donghae was downstairs as he finished folding laundry and placing it into the basket to be taken back upstairs later. Music blared from the headphones in his ears as he slid around the kitchen floor in his socks; he might be 26 but no matter how old you are, sliding across wooden floors in your socks is always fun. He glanced at the clock hanging on the wall as he thought of all the things he got accomplished before the afternoon came upon them. The laundry was now finished, dishes were done and drying, his socks were doing a lovely job of cleaning the kitchen floor, and Bada was contently chewing on a treat that he gave him earlier. "Hyukjae!" Donghae shouted up the stairs.

    "What?" His boyfriends faint voice replied.

    "You hungry?" He asked shouting back up the stairs. After hearing both men shout yes in reply Donghae made his way into the kitchen and began looking for something to make for lunch. "You happy with your treat?" Donghae asked Bada who looked up happily before going back to enjoying his treat. Donghae giggled to himself before opening the fridge and gathering things to make sandwiches. Donghae smiled to himself as he listened to the constant bickering of the two men upstairs; it might have sounded like they weren't getting anything accomplished, and perhaps they weren't, but from working with Kyuhyun he knew that the best creative ideas come when arguing with others. Donghae grabbed the plate of sandwiches he managed to make with Bada running around his feet and head for the stairs; however, the doorbell rang and his attention was now placed elsewhere. "I'm coming," Donghae said with the plate of sandwiches in hand as he made his way to the front door. "Can I help yo- oh wait! You're Hyukjae's designer partner person, aren't you?"

    The man in the doorway bowed, "My name is Hangeng it is nice to properly meet you. May I come in?" Donghae nodded and moved out of the way to allow the other inside. "Such a cute dog, I prefer cats myself though..." Hangeng said as he walked passed Bada who was standing guard in the kitchen doorway. "Hyukjae called me and asked if I could bring over these shoes and some fabrics." Hangeng held up the bags he was holding showing the things he brought with. "Uhh, where is he?"

    "He's upstairs," Donghae said as he began walking in front of the older. "Come on I'll take you to him." Hangeng climbed up the stairs behind the other secretly laughing at the younger trying to balance a plate of sandwiches and a drinks as he climbed. "Second door to the right." Hangeng opened the door for Donghae and continued to stand out in the hallway as he watched the other walk in. "I brought you two sandwiches and tea; please try not to spill anything on the carpet, okay?" Donghae gave Hyukjae a quick kiss, "I'm going grocery shopping, so make sure you pay attention to Bada and your friend is here!"

    Hyukjae nodded to all of his boyfriends demands, "Okay, be safe and take the car. I'll watch the dog, I won't kill Heechul, and Hangeng you can walk in here you know." Hyukjae shooed Donghae out the door before dragging Hangeng inside and taking the bags from him. "Did you bring the attachments I asked for?"

    "Yeah I brought the shoes, necklaces, fabrics, and-" Hangeng pulled Hyukjae close and whispered into his ear, "who is the pretty lady over there?" Hyukjae looked towards Heechul before looking back at Hangeng and blinking cluelessly. Hyukjae pointed to the man who currently had his back turned to them as he worked on pinning ribbon to the dress they started to make. Hyukjae tried desperately to hold back a laugh as Hangeng walked over to Heechul spun him around before placing his hands on his hips. "How are you beautiful?" Hangeng asked before Heechul slapped him across the face. 

    "Who the do you think you are?" Heechul shouted before grabbing a pair of scissors. "Back off!" Heechul was a death defying beauty indeed, even Hyukjae had to agree with that. Donghae often talked about the older and his weird dressing habits soon after he cut the act of being Haemin. Heechul, like Donghae for a short amount of time, was really into dressing like and wearing women's clothes. Why? Because he is Kim Heechul and Kim Heechul can do whatever he wants, at least that's his excuse for everything; Hyukjae just thinks he gets a secret kick out of being prettier than most women. Not wanting all those women's clothes that he bought for Donghae to go to waste, Heechul found himself wearing most of the attire on a daily basis and today was no different. With a pair of dark color jeans with a long-sleeved sweater, boots, and his natural hair currently pulled up, Kim Heechul did indeed look like a lady. "Did I give you permission to touch me? Hyukjae, who the is that?" Heechul spat as he pointed to Hangeng who was currently laying on the ground. 

    "Vicious... I like it." Hangeng murmured before Heechul through a book at magazine at him. 

    "That's Hangeng," Hyukjae said as he stepped over his pathetic partner who was still cowering on the floor. "He's harmless I promise... He is going to help us with some stuff." Heechul shrugged before going back to working on the dress. "He thought you were a lady." Hyukjae blurted out. 

    Heechul laughed before looking at the man on the ground. "Am I a pretty lady?"

                                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    It was late and the sun had gone from the sky leaving the dark as Donghae sent both Heechul and Hangeng on their way. The younger was happy that he finally  had cleared the house of all it's bothersome guests; yes they were his friends and he loved seeing them, but he really wanted some alone time with Hyukjae who was still locked away in his work room. "Bada, come here honey." Donghae cooed as he sat on the recliner in the living room and opened his arms for the dog. Bada walked over to Donghae lazily, being tired from a long day of barking and following the suspicious guests around the house. "You tired?" Donghae asked as Bada yawned and laid calmly in his lap. Donghae closed his eyes and began rocking back and forth on the chair (convincing Hyukjae to spend the extra money and buy the recliner with rocking abilities was extremely worth it). Somewhere within the house a clocked chimed signaling the change in the hour, and a late hour at that. "Come on Bada, time for bed." Donghae said and watched contently as Bada ran across the room and flopped down happily in his bed. 

    Donghae got out of his chair and made his way upstairs to see what Hyukjae was up to. "Hyukjae?" Donghae called as he pushed open the door to Hyukjae's work room only to find the other fast asleep at his desk. Donghae walked over to his sleeping boyfriend and ran his hand through Hyukjae's hair gently, "Hyukjae, babe, do you know what time it is?" Donghae asked as Hyukjae grunted in response. 

    "Like... six?" Hyukjae responded as he yawned and began to open his eyes. Donghae dropped his hand and let Hyukjae sit up in his chair. "Go ask Heechul, he probably knows or something."

    Donghae rolled his eyes, "Silly Hyukkie," Donghae teased, "our guests left an hour ago. It's nine o'clock." 

    "!" Hyukjae said as he jumped up, cringing a little as he whacked his knee off his desk. "I am so sorry Hae. Last time I looked at the clock it was around five and Heechul was intently working on the dress and stuff with Hangeng and they told me to sleep for a little because I looked tired..." Hyukjae explained before walking over and wrapping his arms around the younger. "I really meant to send them out early, I swear. I thought that we could have a nice tiny dinner together then maybe watch a movie or something."

    "So you did remember what today was?" Donghae asked as he raised an eyebrow at the other. 

    "Of course I did!" Hyukjae replied as he pulled away. "It was going to be our first Valentines day together and I completely ed it up. I'm going to murder Hangeng for not waking me up..." Hyukjae voice trailed off as Donghae grabbed his hand and led him absentmindedly down to the kitchen before sitting him down at the table. "If it makes you feel any better I had this really cute thing all planned out where I was going to cook for YOU, believe it or not."

    Donghae nodded as he pulled some cold chicken out of the fridge, "Ahh yes, because inviting the fire department over to our house on Valentines Day is just what I had in mind." 

    "You're an sometimes, you know that?" Hyukjae snorted as he watched Donghae cut up the leftovers and throw them into a salad. "I am capable of cooking food; how do you think I fed myself before I met you?"

    "I just assumed you starved yourself being so skinny and all..." Donghae said as he placed the food in front of the other before being pulled into his lap. "Heechul said that I was just specially gifted to have such nice curves and things, and I thought I was normal. You... you were just skinny, and we will work on that." Donghae said as he continued to feed Hyukjae.

    "You're gonna make me fat?" Hyukjae questioned with his mouth full before going after another forkful of food. "That's okay, we'll just burn calories doing some more 'interesting' things." Donghae slapped Hyukjae on the shoulder as he watched Hyukjae smile and wiggle his eyebrows suggestively. "I really am sorry that I forgot," Hyukjae said on a more serious note. "I feel like a complete , and a lousy boyfriend." 

    "Oh just shut up and finish eating so we can get to bed," Donghae said as he got up and made for the doorway. "I'm going to go take a nice warm, soothing, relaxing shower." Donghae said, "Make sure you clean the dishes before you head upstairs; I don't want to have to come down in the morning to dirty dishes."

    "What are you, my mother?" Hyukjae asked. 

    "No, i'm ten times worse." Donghae replied. "I'm Lee Donghae, your boyfriend!"