Part 29

I Lost the Bet

First of all I would like to say that I was very happy people gave me feedback. I had no idea what to write or how to continue this (because I usually just come up with it as I write) but all the input helps. About the mpreg situation... I have made a decision. Based on both majority of vote and commented opinions I have decided to do it. 

I would like to make this plain for those who are against it. I am not a big fan of mpreg either, it bugs me because most of the stories I read or have read with it come with no explanation. I am a very realistic person and try to make my stories as realistic as possible (this one at least). I, however, do like a good challenge and being able to make a realistic mpreg story is a great challenge.  In order for your writing to improve you must be challenged. I've done research out the for this; Donghae is in for a long and challenging future. Male pregnancy is not a bucket of roses friends. (Just go ask the guy who gave birth to 3 children). 

Sorry for the long explanation thing. I hope you all continue to enjoy the story! (I'll try to make it interesting for all of the opinions).  ....... (I'm never typing a long explanation again! Too much work. *pout*)

_____________________________________________________________________

    It has been three days. Three very long, tiering, and harsh days but Donghae was finally able to crawl out of bed and stay away from the bathroom long enough to sit at the kitchen table and have a meal with the rest of his family. "Think you can keep it down this time?" Hyunjae asked his brother as she warmed up a bowl of soup she got from the fridge. It was Saturday and both Hyukjae and Heechul had to work leaving Donghae in the care of his sister until the late afternoon. "If you want something lighter I can make you some toast or a little bit of rice."

    Donghae grabbed a coke from the fridge and began to shake it as he sat down at the table. "I want to try and eat more than just toast or crackers. I'm really hungry Jae, you have no idea." Finally happy with his flattened soda, Donghae opened it and started to drink. (Flat soda is good for your stomach if you didn't know.) "Hyukjae knows I decided to crawl out of bed so you don't need to let him know."

    "Okay," Hyunjae replied as she sat the bowl of warm soup  on the table, "I'm going upstairs for a minute so if you feel bad at all call me and I'll be right down." 

    Donghae nodded before placing a spoonful of soup in his mouth. In those past three days he practically starved himself and it was nice to finally eat something again that consisted of more than plain rice or toast. Hyunjae soon came back downstairs and sat in the living room while Donghae ate his food in peace; wanting to go out and do something later he decided to text Hyukjae and find out what time the other would be coming home. 

    To: Hyukjae
    From: Donghae

        What time will you be home?

    His phone quickly buzzed in response.

    To: Donghae
    From: Hyukjae

        Around three. Why? You need me to get you something?

    Donghae quickly typed back a reply with a smile on his face. He wanted to go out and do something and even though Hyukjae couldn't go with he was sure that he could make it to the grocery store with Hyunjae at least. He was dying for some lemonade for some strange reason. 

    To: Hyukjae
    From: Donghae

        I'm going to the store with Hyunjae. Love you <3

    His phone didn't go off again so he assumed that Hyukjae was busy and got up to put his bowl in the sink, he could wash the dishes later. "Hyunjae, I'm going to get dressed then we are going to the store to buy some things." Donghae said as he walked passed the girl sitting on the couch on his way up the stairs.

    "Oppa," Hyunjae called, "Do you think you are well enough?"

    "I am well enough." Donghae replied simply before walking into his bedroom and taking off his sweatpants. He just needed to change into some jeans, the shirt he wore was fine since it was clean from this morning, but the sweatpants he practically wore for three days strait. Hyukjae had been to busy to put the laundry away lately, and Donghae too sick, so he grabbed the pair of pants from the top on the pile from the laundry basked sitting on the floor and began to put them on. "What the hell..." Donghae grumbled to himself when his pants got stuck around his thighs and under his . "Come on pants!" Donghae said to himself when he tried to yank them up again. 

    It was no use, they were not going to go past his . "I'm going to kill him for shrinking my pants." Donghae cursed as he sat pulled the material off of him and tossed it aside. "Where are my normal jeans." Donghae began to search through the dresser until he found his favorite pair of normal jean. Hyukjae may have shrunk a pair of his skinny jeans in the wash but there was no way he was going to let him get to his favorite pair. Donghae smiled happily when he tugged the the fabric up past his . "Thank god these fit." Donghae said to himself but his smile was soon gone when the button refused to snap shut and the zipper would not move up more than half way. "Oh come on!" Donghae cried. "Hyunjae! Come up here and help me!" Donghae shouted.

    "What is it?" Hyunjae asked as she walked into her brothers room to find Donghae with his pants ed and his shirt pulled up. "Did I gain weight?" Donghae asked. "Am I getting fat? Am I bloated or did all that food just go to my ?" 

    "I don't know." Hyunjae replied finally getting used to her brothers appearance. "I really don't look at your so I wouldn't know.. uhh.. why? Won't your pants fit you?" 

    "No!" Donghae cried out as tried desperately to close his pants again. "Is this because I was sick?"

    "I'm calling Hyukjae." Hyunjae said as she pulled out her phone and walked away from her complaining brother. 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Donghae thought that his day was going to get better because he was finally able to move around without problem but now he found himself in his pajamas once again except this time he was sitting in the hospitals waiting room. "Hyukjae what if something is really wrong with me." Donghae asked for the fifth time since they took their seats in the bland white room. "What if I have cancer or something and it's causing my stomach to swell up. What if my stomach is going to-" Donghae was silenced my Hyukjae's finger on his lips.

    "You don't have cancer; you are way to young to have cancer." Hyukjae reassured his husband. 

    "Lee Donghae?" The nurse called. Donghae hesitantly stood up, followed by Hyukjae, and walked up the the lady who smiled at him before leading the couple to a room. "If you'd just wait right here the doctor will be with you in a few minutes." The door closed leaving the two in a room full of colorful children's posters and diagrams of the body. Donghae chose not to comment on the container of needles hanging on the wall because he knew how much Hyukjae hated them.

    "Hyukjae, why do they put posters on the ceiling?" Donghae asked as he laid down on the doctors bed. "I never really knew why and Heechul never bothered to explain it to me."

    "Uh," Hyukjae hesitated as he took a seat in the chair against the wall. "It's for women to look at when they are getting... uhh.. that looked at." Hyukjae said as he motioned to his lower area. 

    "That's disgusting." Donghae said as he sat up and held his stomach because the sharp pain was back. Moving to fast must have triggered it. 

    The door opened and the doctor walked in took a seat before introducing herself. "Good afternoon gentlemen, my name is Dr. Shin. I understand that one of you is here because of occurring stomach pain?" Donghae nodded before the woman smiled and continued to write on her clipboard. "I'm going to ask you some of those basic questions before we being and you just need to answer with a yes or no unless I ask otherwise. Do you have any allergies or have been sick in the past year?"

    "Besides this, no." Donghae answered.

    The doctor nodded. "Are you taking any medications?" Donghae shook his head and the woman continued to write. "Okay, do you drink, smoke, or have engaged in ual within the past year?"

    "Yes," Donghae said as his face turned a slight shade of pink. "Well I drink on occasion but not smoke and I do have on a normal basis with my husband over there."

    "Uhh... Hi." Hyukjae said as he waved awkwardly before hiding his face the best he could. 

    "Hello," the doctor answered back with a laugh. "Okay Mr. Lee I need you to describe your stomach pain to me so I can figure out the severity of your problem."

    "Well I had these weird cravings for a while and so i decided to eat all these foods. It then turned into violent sickness, but this has been happening to me since my teen years. This time the pain felt like someone was stabbing me and now I'm bloated and can't even fit in my pants." Donghae looked nervously at Hyukjae before looking at the doctor who was writing on her clipboard again. "Am I going to die?"

    "Heavens no!" she replied before standing up. "I would, however, I like for you to follow me. I want to do an ultrasound just to see if you have any inflammation in your stomach or intestines. It will also be able to show us if you are having any problems with your appendix which might also be the cause." Both men agreed to the following and followed the doctor down the hall and to another room where Donghae was told to sit on another table while Hyukjae took the seat next to him, again. "I need you to lift up for shirt and tug down your pants a little so I can put this gel on your abdomen. It will be cold, just a warning."

    Donghae did what he was told and lifted up his shirt and let his pants sit lower on his hips so his stomach was showing. He looked to Hyukjae and smiled letting him know that he shouldn't feel weird about having to show his stomach, it was only the doctor after all. "Holy that's cold!" Donghae swore when Dr. Shin squeezed some of the gel onto his stomach. 

    "Mr. Lee," Dr. Shin spoke up after rubbing the device along his stomach and observing picture on the screen. "Have you ever gone through any life changing surgeries?"

    "No, why?" Donghae asked as he looked at the screen. "Is there something wrong?"

    "Mr. Lee you're pregnant." Dr. Shin said bluntly. 

    Donghae was silent for a moment before he burst out laughing. "What? Come on doctor we are both adults here... If there is something wrong with me you can just say it." She was quiet and Hyukjae was the same. "You're not joking are you? H-Hyukjae?" 

    "Y-eah?" Hyukjae said as his voice cracked. 

    "Mr. Lee, you are in fact pregnant. Here look," Dr. Shin said as she pointed to the screen. "This little thing right here is the embryo and it's sitting all snug inside your.. well how do I say this... uterus?" 

    "My what?" Donghae questioned as he sat up and push the device off of his stomach before replacing it with his hand. "There is no way that can happen. No." 

    Hyukjae tried to stand up but immediately sat back down when he felt his legs shake. "You.. you're a girl?" Hyukjae asked before he burst out laughing. "Of course you're a girl. First you were a girl then a guy and now this happens and... oh my life." Hyukjae kept ranting on as his laughter died down. "I need to go outside in the hall for a second." Hyukjae excused himself before running out the door. 

    Donghae's eyes were filled to the brim with tears. "Can I at least get an explanation as to what the is going on here?" Donghae asked as he wiped his eyes. 

    The door to the room was suddenly slammed open and a nurse from the hallway peered inside. "Doctor we need your help, a guy in the hallway just passed out."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Needless to say when Heechul was called to the hospital by a crying Donghae rambling on about how he was with child he didn't expect to walk into a room with Hyukjae laying on a bed hooked up to monitors while Donghae sat beside him contently munching on a bowl of fruit. "Heechul you came!" Donghae said as the other walked into the room followed by his sister who had her nose in a medical book. "Apparently I'm pregnant, I'm still waiting for the doctors to tell me how." 

    "Can we please back track it here a little bit." Heechul said as he stood at the foot of the bed Hyukjae was laying on. "Let's start off with the part where you managed to turn into a women and go from there." Heechul kicked the bed causing Hyukjae to wake up from whatever daze he was in, "And you, wake the up." 

    "It's not that impossible for my brother to be pregnant." Hyunjae chimed in as she looked up from her books. "It says right here that even though it is highly improbable the idea of a male giving birth is not impossible." 

    "She's right," the doctor said as she walked into the crowded room and closed the door behind her. "You're very smart young lady. What this young girl said is correct; even though there are very few cases of male pregnancy in the world it can occur but there are several health risks and abnormalities that come along with it. Shall I explain this time or is someone else going to black out?" Dr. Shin looked around the room and received a nod from both Donghae and Hyukjae, who was fully awake and alert now, before walking over to the x-ray light. "Here is a picture from the ultrasound." She said as she hung it on the light. "As you can see right here is the embryo, which I would estimate is about one month old, located snuggly in the walls of the uterus."

    "But I am a guy and that is defiantly a female part." Donghae said. "Ask Hyukjae, I clearly have a-" Hyukjae put his hand over Donghae's mouth to prevent the younger from talking. 

    "Please go on," Hyukjae said with a weak smile. 

    "Due to family history I am going to assume that Donghae does indeed have both body parts." Hyunjae suddenly spoke up. "Sometimes people are born with both reproductive systems; they are called hermaphrodites." Everyones eyes went to the girl who finally put down her book and stood up pulling down her pants a little to show a scar on her lower stomach. "I was born with the same problem and my parents had it fixed when they found out."

    Donghae quickly got up from his chair and rushed over to his sister before enveloping her in a hug. "That's why they treated you badly wasn't it?" Donghae said softly. "That's... that's why they left me here alone isn't it? They knew and never told me." 

    Hyunjae's arms wrapped around her brother and hugged him until he pulled away and stood up. "Your sister is very right Mr. Lee and your case seems to be the same."  Dr. Shin said as she stood up and took the picture down from the x-ray light. "You harbor both reproductive systems and the female one has be inseminated. Birth is a valid option for you here but we would need to monitor your progress often to make sure no pressure is put on your vital organs. If you do decide to go through with this I would suggest removal of the female reproductive system upon birth, and if you do not I would suggest removal immediately." The room fell silent as Dr. Shin finished her speech. "I would like to take the girl and put her through some minor tests if I have your consent." She asked and Donghae nodded before allowing Hyunjae to go with the doctor and telling Heechul to follow. "I will give you this Mr. Lee, and congratulations." 

    The door to their room closed leaving Donghae and Hyukjae alone in the silence. "Hyukjae, what are we going to do?" Donghae said as he walked over to the bed and crawled on it only to be pulled closer by Hyukjae. 

    Hyukjae held the other close and took the picture from his hands. It was the ultrasound picture. "This is our baby." He held of the picture for both of them to see. "That little blur right there is our baby and it's inside you." 

    "Hyuk does this mean that you want to... have it?" Donghae whispered as he let his hand move down to his stomach. 

    "What kind of person would I be if I told you I didn't want to have the baby? What kind of husband and potential father would I be if I said that, huh?" Hyukjae responded as he placed the picture on the stand next to the bed. He slowly moved his hand down and left it rest on top of Donghae's. "But it's your body and you are the one who needs to chose what you want to do." 

    "Hyukkie," Donghae said as he snuggled his face into Hyukjae's neck. "I wanna have the baby." 

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Dr. Shin has been doing a lot for the Lee family and even took it upon herself to find Donghae some maternity clothes to wear for the rest of his visit to the hospital. It has only been a day and everyone in the hospital was fully aware of the 'pregnant man'. Some talked harshly about it saying that it was a sin for such a thing to happen while others accepted it and congratulated the two whenever they were seen walking in the hallway. Currently Hyukjae, Donghae, and Hyunjae were all sitting in the doctors private office waiting for the final decisions to be made. "I would like to talk about the girl first." Dr Shin started off the conversation as she pulled out a folder of the girls medical records from yesterday. "We ran a routine checkup on her and took a scan to see if there were any problems internally from her ious surgery." 

    "What kind of problems could have occurred?" Donghae asked. "Is there anything Hyunjae can suffer from?"

    "All the scans showed that the surgery she had was effective and left little scaring." The doctor stated. "Lee Hyunjae was born a female with traces of male anatomy poorly formed during birth. Given the past family history and abuse she acknowledged us about we did an extra check to see if the surgery was legitament." She continued to flip through her notes before pulling out the paper she was looking for. "Results show that everything is fine but as she grows her testosterone levels will increase more than they should which could result in more masculine features. I have prescribed estrogen pills for her to take on a regular basis in order to balance the levels."

    Donghae took the prescription paper that was handed to him  before looking it over and handing it to Hyukjae. "She will be fine?" 

    Dr. Shin nodded, "She will be fine." The doctor put away the girls profile and pulled out the thicker one belonging to Donghae. "Now for you, Donghae." She sighed as she opened up the profile. "I have taken it upon myself to make your case my own. During your pregnancy, and after, you will be dealing directly with me and no one else."

    "Before we discuss anything I would like to know how Donghae happened to get pregnant." Hyukjae said as he sat up in his chair. "I know how works and it's just confusing. I took health class in high school and it does not take a genius to figure out that putting something up your cannot lead to pregnancy."

    "You question is a valid one, Hyukjae." Dr. Shin replied. "I was rather concerned with this aspect myself, and still am. That is why I want to monitor Donghae throughout all stages of the pregnancy." She pulled out a picture from the scan Donghae was forced to go through earlier and pointed out the danger zone circled in red. "Donghae's second reproductive system is attached to his intestines in and this scares me. The only way to explain this occurrence is by the managing to make it's way there and survive, or self inception. The self inception is most likely what occurred; this is where Donghae's own reproductive systems reacted and created the baby."

    "So there is a chance the child could not be mine?" Hyukjae said with a little bit of sadness in his voice. 

    The doctor nodded before putting the picture back in the folder and sitting back in her chair. "There is a 98% chance that the child is not yours and just Donghae's. Either way, would you not consider the child your own?" 

    "Of course I'm considering the child mine!" Hyukjae replied rather harshly. "No matter what happens I will be one of the fathers." Donghae grabbed Hyukjae's hand and squeezed it gently trying to calm the other down. 

    "What are the health risks?" Donghae finally spoke up. This was it, this was the decision time. Would he be able to deal with the health problems that would associate with having the child or would he decide against it in order to protect himself. "I want to know before I make any final decisions." 

    "Where do I start?" Dr. Shin began, "The pain you have in your stomach now would still be evident throughout most of the pregnancy and the pressure carrying the child would put on your lower half would be astronomical. It would not surprise me if you would have to be confined to a wheelchair for the second half of the pregnancy." Donghae nodded attentively and edged the woman to go on. He could deal with being in a wheelchair for a few months if it meant having the baby. "Like I said before, what worries me the most is the attachment of the uterus and intestines. As the baby grows and develops the uterus expands and it needs someplace to go. While a females body adjust to these changes I'm uncertain on how yours will until that time comes." 

    "I could die is what you are saying?" Donghae said before he leaned back in his chair and put a hand over his stomach. "I'd give birth by c-section and with it you would remove all unnecessary parts I have, right?" The doctor nodded. "I want to take the chance then and have the child. Like i've heard people saying in the hallway, I'm not the first male to give birth and it is possible."

    "That was one case," The doctor replied, "but it is your decision. You are free to leave the hospital and head back home but I want to schedule you appointments for every two weeks so we can monitor your progress. Hyukjae, you are more than welcome to tag along."

    "Damn right I'm going to tag along it's my child too." Hyukjae said as he stood up and shook the doctors hand. "I'll make sure Donghae takes the vitamins you prescribed." They finished their little meeting and wondered out to the front desk where they scheduled Donghae's appointments before getting in the car and heading on their way out.