Part 1

I Lost the Bet
It was late at night as three men walked down the still busy street as the nearby lights illuminated the sidewalk. The red haired man threw his arms around the lady standing in the middle of the group of three while the other two took turns giving him a pat on the back. That's right; him. The group of four men went out at night often, and it was well known between them all that they sometimes could be cruel and ungodly clever, but this time was different and they were relishing in their glory. "I can't believe it actually worked," the red haired man said to his buddies as he studied the paper in the others hand. "The fact that you went along with the dare and even managed to pick up a guy... Donghae, my cute and undeniably y dongsang, have just won a special place in my heart."
 
"Thanks Hee," Donghae replied as he crumpled up the paper, "but I don't think I plan on going on a date with a guy anytime soon." With that he tossed the piece of paper behind him only to have it caught by the taller man currently looking up from the game he was playing on his phone. "Yah, get rid of that Kyuhyun there is no need to keep it." he said when the other slipped his phone in his pocket and dangled the piece of paper in front of his face. Give it here and I'll get rid of it then." Donghae said reaching for the piece of paper only to have raised out of his reach. "Kyuhyun!"
 
The younger laughed as he watched the man in heels try to jump for the number. "No need to get rid of it especially since we plan on using it, and by we," he said motioning to the others, "I mean you." Heechul and the other man, named Kangin, looked at each other grinning before turning their attention to Donghae. "Go on a few dates with him, lure him in, make him love you, then break his heart." Kyuhyun said while shrugging before looking to the others for approval. "Simple, Evil. Easy." He smirked as the men nodded in agreement. 
 
"Since when do I not get a say in whether or not I want to date a strange man that I met at some speed dating thing, dressed as a lady, for a dare?" Donghae shouted to get his friends to notice his presence. "I'd have to dress as lady every single time I went out and even go into... women's bathrooms." Donghae shuttered at the thought. "Plus I don't even own any women's clothes so no can do."
 
"Don't worry Hae baby," Heechul said as they came to their apartment door, "We can go shopping for a new wardrobe for you tomorrow!" The man clapped his hands together in delight before waving goodbye to Kangin and Kyuhyun who continued on their journey home. "Oh don't look at me that way, Donghae," Heechul sighed as he opened the door and dragged the other inside before closing it. "This will be fun and you know just as well as I do that you," Heechul pointed to Donghae, "Love a nice fun and harmless prank." Donghae smiled in agreement as he bent down to take off his shoes and place them at the door with the others. "Well, I'm going to bed." Heechul said as he walked up the stairs, "Be up by eight because you are taking me for breakfast before we go shopping." And with that the older disappeared into the upstairs leaving Donghae behind. 
 
Donghae sighed before walking into the kitchen, his hand running through the long brown locks of the wig he was still wearing. "Stupid idiots forcing me to go out on a date with some guy." He mumbled to himself before opening the fridge and taking out a cartoon of milk before walking over to the counter and hopping up on it, his legs dangling above the ground. "I mean what if I have to kiss the guy or something? I don't even like guys," Donghae continued to talk to himself as he waved around his carton of milk. "Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against gays, but it's just not for me."
 
"How do you know?" Heechul's voice sounded as he walked into the kitchen and leaned in the doorway. "You've never had a relationship with one so you just don't know." The two men looked at each other for a while before the older decided to break the awkward silence. "I could hear you talking to yourself from upstairs so I come down and make sure you haven't gone completely crazy." 
 
Donghae got down from the counter, placing his carton of milk in the trash, before walking over to Heechul and pulling the soft brown hair of the wig aside. "Could you please me?" he asked as he turned his back to the other allowing him access to the zipper on the back of the dress. Donghae giggled as he felt the others hands fumble with the zipper before pulling it downward, "Stop thinking nasty thoughts you ert." 
 
"It's not my fault that you have such gorgeous curves." Heechul replied as removed his hands from the others dress. "A man shouldn't be able to have such a perfect body, Hae. It means you were destined for this prank." Donghae laughed as he walked passed the other and made his way upstairs to his room.
 
"Go to sleep Heechul!" Donghae shouted to the other. "We have to get up early to go shopping remember?" He laughed to himself when he heard the others cheer of happiness and rantings of approval to someone else, probably Kyuhyun and Kangin on the phone no doubt, telling them that he finally agreed to such an outlandish thing. After crawling out of his dress and managing to remove the overly padded bra that was plastered to his body, Donghae removed his wig before throwing it onto his dresser. Quickly he remembered his phone that he left on his bed for the evening and the piece of paper he had hidden from Kyuhyun inside the bra he just threw across his room. Donghae quickly scrambled over and searched the clothes for the tiny piece of paper before programming the number onto his phone. "Lee Hyukjae," Donghae muttered to himself as he laid down his bed holding his phone out in front of him. "Should I text you a cute goodnight message?" He rubbed his fingers over the keys as he was thinking before he began clicking away. 
 
To: Lee Hyukjae
From: Lee Haemin
 
I'm not much of a morning person, but I really do like coffee... Goodnight, Hyukjae!^^
 
Donghae smiled in triumph as he tossed his phone aside before closing his eyes. 'I can so do this,' He thought to himself. 'I just inferred my interest and sounded cute at the same time. I really don't see how girls complain all the time this seems so easy...' His thoughts were interrupted by the buzzing of his phone and before he knew it he had the message opened and a smile on his face.
 
To: Lee Haemin
From: Lee Hyukjae
 
Such a subtle way on suggesting we go out on a date, miss. ;) Pick you up at 11. Dream well. 
 
Donghae smiled triumphantly before putting his phone away and slowly falling asleep. 
 
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"Get up and put this on!" Heechul's voice shouted, scaring Donghae awake as he felt clothes rain down on him. "Hurry up it's almost 7:30 and I want to be at the stores when they open to get good deals. Clothes aren't cheap you know, and we are going to need to buy tons." Heechul's footsteps continued to radiate throughout the room as Donghae quickly crawled out of bed and over the bathroom to freshen up a bit. "Put the perfume on!" Donghae heard Heechul's voice say right before he grabbed the masculine smelling stuff. After brushing his teeth and smoothing out his hair, not forgetting to spray the flowery smelling scent all over his body, he shuffled back into his room to find Heechul brushing out his wig.
 
"What the hell is this?" Donghae said motioning to the clothes laying on his bed. 
 
"They are some old skinny jeans I found in my closet from the days when I liked to wear women's pants." Heechul told him giving him a questioning look. "Problem?" 
 
Donghae sighed as he tried desperately to slip the pants up over his gifted and growled frustratingly to himself when he found he had trouble buttoning them. "Damn it!" Donghae sighed as he fell back onto his bed and in his stomach in a desperate attempt to get the pants closed. "Finally!" He breathed when he felt the pants snap together. Donghae stood up proudly an walked over to the mirror. "With as tight as these are, how are you not able to see my crotch?" he asked his red haired friend.
 
"When I bought them I had them specially tailored so I could hide it. In other words, I had extra fabric added to hide the bump and stuff... well yeah..." Heechul continued to brush the wig as he watched Donghae successfully put on his bra and hook it. "Well done, Hae! Now, go put on a shirt because you can't leave the house like that; just pick one they will all look fine with the pants and your bra will make it look like you're a girl wearing a normal shirt." Donghae smiled as he pulled his favorite blue sweater from the closet and put it on. Heechul motioned for the younger to come closer and forced him to stay still while he put on the wig and adjusted it. "It looks so natural and perfect on you," Heechul said as he backed away, "you look so pretty, Hae. I can't believe that I am letting you go off and do this... I feel like my mother instincts are kicking in."
 
"Hyung, you're a guy though." Donghae said as he checked himself in the mirror and grabbed his glasses before heading for the door. "Now we need to get going because I have a date at eleven." Donghae ignored the cheerful squeal of the older and made his way to the car. He quickly slipped on his shoes before walking out the door and waiting by the passenger side door of the others car. "Oppa," Donghae's voice rang with convincing feminized pitch, "hurry up!" Donghae giggled as Heechul opened the car door for him and closed it, mumbling profanities, after he sat down. "Thank you oppa." Donghae cooed as he batted his eyes towards the older trying to keep himself from laughing. 
 
"If you keep this up I am going to make you pay for everything I buy you, understand me?" Heechul warned. The car ride continued to stay quiet for the two until they reached the first store and Donghae complained the entire time as he was forced into the changing room trying on one pair of pants after another. "We are getting all of these, and I need them sent to this address, the man will know what to do." Heechul's voice sounded from the other side of the dressing room door as Donghae tried his hardest to put his pants back on. Donghae quietly tried to sneak out the door, but without much success he was caught, not like he though he was going to escape Heechul's shopping wrath successfully. "Don't you even think about going anywhere." Heechul told him as he grabbed him by the arm and dragged him towards the dress department. "I'm not going to bother waisting money on shirts, since you have a lot and they look line on you, but we do need to buy you dresses." 
 
"But Heechul I don't want-" Donghae managed to spit out before he was elbowed in the side. He readjusted his voice, "Oppa," he cried, "I don't wanna!" Heechul smiled and continued to drag the younger off deeper into the maze of clothing. It didn't take long before Donghae was standing in the middle of the store, arms full of dresses and whatever else the older decided to throw on the pile. "Hee, how do you even know if these will fit me?" Donghae asked remembering his feminine voice. "I didn't try a single thing on besides the pants!"
 
"They will fit you." Heechul responded, "I know your size and shape well; now trust you hyu- I mean oppa and let him do his thing!" After being carted around the store, the pile of clothes in Donghae's arms growing forever bigger, the younger managed to convince his friend to find a cart to help them wheel all the clothes up to the front desk. "Yeah I would like to buy all of these." Heechul's voice sounded but was blocked out by Donghae as he was searching for his phone.
 
The small device started buzzing uncontrollably as it rang and he quickly glanced at the caller ID. Lee Hyukjae, of course. "Hello Hyukjae, couldn't wait until 11 to talk to me?" Donghae said as he answered. "Sweet."
 
"I just couldn't contain myself." Hyukjae's voice laughed from the other side. "But as it so happens I find myself in some sort of predicament."
 
"No need to sound so sophisticated," Donghae responded, "the thought it is taking to think of such big words must be killing your brain." 
 
"Well miss, as it so happens, I am very capable of holding an intelligent conversation." the other responded. "Now as I was saying, I am coming to pick you up for our date in an hour and I have no idea where you live."  
 
'Half an hour?' Donghae thought to himself before quickly pulling his phone away from his ear to check the time. ', he is right.' "I'm currently out with my oppa, so how about we meet somewhere?" Donghae suggested instead of hanging up because he highly considered it. "What about the Starbucks in the mall, say twenty minutes?" 
 
"Someone's anxious," Hyukjae said. "Making our meeting time ten minutes early." Donghae felt his cheeks heat up at the others teasing words and turned to hide his face from Heechul before he noticed what what going on. "I'll be there soon," Hyukjae's voice said from the other side of the phone. "See you soon, Haemin." 
 
Donghae heard the phone click signifying the end of the call and stared at his phone before slipping his phone back in his pocket. "Oppa!" Donghae said running up to Heechul. "I am meeting Hyukjae really soon so I'm going to leave now. Thank you for buying me all this," Donghae said before quickly giving his friend a peck on the cheek and heading for the store entrance leading into the mall. "See you at home Hee!" Heechul was speechless as he looked at the bouncing in those tight pants happily walk away before going back to paying for the clothes. Donghae continued to walk through the mall towards the Starbucks located somewhere around the food court. Tons of smiles and smirks were thrown his way as he walked by; sometimes he smiled and waved politely and other times he showed looks of disgust. 'I never noticed how disturbing men looking checking people out like that makes girls feel,' Donghae thought to himself as he kept walking. 'Do I make girls feel like that?' He asked himself as he walked through the door of the coffeehouse. He glanced around looking for the magenta hair to be standing out in the crowd, and frowned when he couldn't find him. 'Did I really just get disappointed... what is wrong with me today?' 
 
"Could I treat you to something, miss?" a voice said to, well as Donghae assumed, him. "Anything you want, it's on me."
 
"I'm sorry," He responded, "But I'm waiting for someone." Donghae looked up to see Hyukjae standing beside him, magenta hair replaced with dark black. "What happened to your hair?" He asked the other being a little surprised, "and your style seems to have gotten better." Donghae indicated pointing to Hyukjae's clothes. Hyukjae was wearing jeans and black and white patterned shirt, accompanied by a blue leather jacket. Hyukjae smiled at the compliment and continued to move forward in the line with his date. "You look nice."
 
"Bad style my ," Hyukjae responded. "I had to prove that I have good style, and I'm guessing since you managed to use a compliment that aI succeeded, no?" Hyukjae looked at the other and noticed a little shade of pink cover the others cheeks. "Haenim, your glasses look cute and I think you should wear them more often. You better have them on our next date." 
 
Donghae scoffed at the others statement. "You think you are getting another date with me?" he questioned. "What makes you think you're lucky enough to get a second date with me?" 
 
Hyukjae ignored Haemin's question and ordered something for the both of them. "One strawberry flavored mocha and I green tea please, and give me one of those muffins." Hyukjae ordered as he motioned for his date to put her wallet away. "This is on me, don't even think about paying." Hyukjae smiled his gummy smile as the other mumbled to herself. "Here, let's go sit down and eat." Hyukjae handed Haemin her drink before grabbing his own and the muffin and following her to the seat near the window. "Since I bought you something you should tell me a little about yourself." Hyukjae said trying to start a conversation. "Just talk about anything, I don't care what." 
 
Donghae smiled as he sipped his tea, 'Damn this man for guessing what his favorite drink was,' he thought before reaching for the muffin and taking a bite out of it before sitting it back down. "Well," he said with food in his mouth before swallowing causing Hyukjae to laugh at his un-lady like actions. He didn't really care if he was supposed to be a lady or not, he was still going to act like himself and not even this is going to stop him. "One day when I was 16 years old my parents left for a vacation to America and never came back; I've been living in an apartment with my best friend Kim Heechul ever since then. I have two other best friends named Kyuhyun and Kangin and they mean the world to me. I don't have any friends that are girls because I think they are too moody and a waste of time. I had one relationship before, her name was Jessica and it lasted for three years." Donghae stopped to take a sip of his tea before continuing. "I graduated from college with a Bachelors in business and marketing and currently work as an advisor at an advertising company." Donghae stopped for a moment to make sure the other wasn't lost before continuing, "I'm pretty sure that is everything."
 
Hyukjae continued to chew on his piece of the muffin before taking a sip of his mocha to wash it down. "You dated a girl before?" he asked a little surprised.
 
"Do you have a problem with it?" Donghae questioned, quickly remembering that he was a girl himself currently and probably should have let that part of his past out, but it's to late for that now. 
 
"I don't have a problem with it at all!" Hyukjae said quickly dismissing any rudeness from his voice. "I didn't mean it like that at all, I have no problem with that I had a tiny relationship with my friend Sungmin before so I'm pretty open to the whole 'you love who you love' kinda thing." Hyukjae felt nervous as he watched Haemin smile brightly and nod. "So, I am 27 years old and I just recently moved out of my parents house and into a house, that I bought with my own money, down the street from their own." Hyukjae watched the other hold back a laugh and smiled. "It's okay you can laugh, it's funny. I'm a mommas boy and I'm not afraid to admit it. Anyway, I have two best friends named Sungmin and Leeteuk. Leeteuk is a professor of economics at the local university, so you probably know him, and Sungmin is a martial arts master. I enjoy dancing and I am currently an intern at that big fashion place in the center of town; I design clothes and stuff like that." 
 
Donghae finished his drink before commenting on the others life; oh yes did he have comments, so many comments. "You need to design me something to wear sometime, my friend Heechul is THE fashion diva and will probably hunt you down once I tell him that. You're relationship with your parents is adorable... I wish I had that." Donghae felt tears start to fill his eyes as he thought of how his parents left for that so called vacation and left him to fend for himself at just the age of 16. Hyukjae quickly moved himself from the seat across from him to the the booth he was on. Donghae allowed the other to wrap his hands around him and hug him as he felt himself cry. "I feel like an idiot." he sniffed as Hyukjae held him. "It's our first date and I'm already crying in your arms."
 
"It's okay, just cry all you want." Hyukjae said as he began to slowly rock back and forth. "It's their fault for leaving you and their loss," Hyukjae said understanding exactly what the other was crying about. "They missed out on seeing how strong and beautiful their daughter grew up to be." Hyukjae quickly let go when Haemin punched him in then side, for complimenting her no doubt, and quickly grabbed their garbage before walking it over to the trashcan and throwing it out before walking back over to the table. "Come on, I thought of the perfect place to go for the rest of our date." He held out his hand and smiled when Haemin took ahold of it and let him lead her out of the store. 
 
The two continued to walk through the busy, crowd filled mall with their hands intertwined within each other's. Donghae's mind filled with thoughts about where Hyukjae might take him. They could go to the movies, where the other might try some sneaky move and kiss him, which he could never let happen, or they could go to the park or- "I opened the door for you but I can't make you sit inside." Hyukjae said snapping Donghae out of his thoughts. The other finally realized that they were already out at Hyukjae's car and he was nice enough to open the door for him. Donghae quickly bowed before sliding inside the vehicle and buckling his seatbelt waiting for the other to climb in as well. 
 
You need to close your eyes and keep them closed the entire ride there, okay?" Hyukjae said as he climbed in the divers seat and started the car. "I want it to be a surprise so close your eyes and I will tell you when we arrive." Haemin closed her eyes and smiled while continuing to keep her head forward. "I can trust you to keep your eyes closed the entire time, right?" Hyukjae asked as he pulled out of the parking lot and made his way onto the street. Haemin nodded her head and kept her eyes closed tight. "I go here all the time when I am feeling sad or stressed. It's so beautiful and full of life." Hyukjae explained until he brought the car to a halt. "I'll come help you out then take you inside." Hyukjae said as he got out of the car and walked around to the other side to help his date. 
 
Once inside the building Hyukjae told the other to open her eyes, and Donghae did. He brought his hands up to his mouth and gasped as he saw crystal clear blue water surrounding them on all sides. The Aquarium, his favorite place in the world to go where he can watch the fish swim and be free without worries or problems, and secretly home of the clownfish from his favorite movie of all time. "This is your favorite place to go?" Donghae asked as he grabbed Hyukjae's hand and dragged him over to the glass. "I love it here! I come here a lot when I am sad and it always works; you are well on your way to a second date if you keep this up." Donghae smiled and continued to look at the fish. "I should have done that speed dating thing a long time ago..." Donghae mumbled to himself before quickly turning to Hyukjae. "Thank you."