Chapter 9

Holding onto her

~Previously on "Holding Onto Her"

After Siwon found out that Yungeon's mum is Sooyoung, they had a talk on how her life was after she left him. She told him that being with Daniel and starting her small family of three, she is the happiest that she had ever been. It broke Siwon's heart knowing that she was happy even if she's living without him. And that's the moment when he realized that he need to heal from her; he need to move on. He is not just doing these recovery from his own past for himself but also for Yungeon. Yungeon is still so young and he deserve to live with a complete and happy family, just as much as he deserves some of his own. Then, Sooyoung asked if its okay for him if they mend their relationship and remain as friends. Siwon was hesitant but he accepts the idea. He hopes that it will be easier for him to heal if they were to remain as friends and to see her not as a ex-girlfriend and someone who had hurt him but as a friend and a mother of a child that he had grown fond of after he tried to saved the little person's life, Yungeon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, you ready?" I asked my younger brother who was walking back and forth like a constipated person. 

We were waiting in the waiting room. The guys were all there wearing suits. The day that we all have been waiting for had arrived. Seunghyun came too. As a workaholic, its surprising that he had postponed his schedule for meetings for the day to the next day. The ceremony will take place in the garden of the massive church where Kyuhyun and Seohyun met for the first time at around 530 pm. His face turns paler as clock begin to tick. He look up and say, "Oh, Hyung, I am" then theres a silence, he was so nervous that he choked on his own saliva. When he regained his composure, he continued, "Ready." He smiled. But i know he couldn't control his nerves at all. Because at the side of his curled lips you could see it trembling. I let out a chuckled as i tapped his shoulders to comfort him. He darted his eyes at me annoyed. I could feel the gaze of our friends shifted to me. All of a sudden, Leeteuk hyung's amazing addictive laugh could be heard and soon the whole of the waiting room was filled with laughter except for Kyuhyun who had not understood a single thing from the scene. I got a hold of myself and catched up on my breathing after laughing so hard at his reaction. i could feel the muscle on my abs started to hurt due to the laughter.

I, then, managed to blurt out, "Kyuhyun, the last time we saw you being this nervous was when you took your results of your degree and now, seeing you like this is kindda of hillarious. I'm serious, being nervous really doesn't your character."

"Yeah, coming from someone who used to make fun of his hyungs for being "too" nervous on they wedding day, is funny. Now, you get a taste of your own medicine. Now, you know how inerve wreking it is, to wait for the day that you've been anticipating hoping and praying that the other party won't crack under pressure and pull themself out of the plan." Leeteuk hyung joined.

Kyuhyun was startled and bewildered by what Leeteuk had just stated and describe. Looking at the other Hyungs and seeing them nodding. He began to lower his head to look at the floor realizing that karma had work its charm on him. "Hyung-nims, mianhae. Now, that i know this is how terrible it felt, i should not have made fun of you for being too nervous and almost looked 'chicken-out' but instead being a good dongsaeng who should have cheer you on." He stated with a smile while throwing one or two sharp remarks.

"Yah, this kid! really... I thought he changed when he met seohyun but i guess his sharp tongue has not lost its aim. " Kangin hyung hissed, after realizing that Kyuhyun just called them; those who had gotten married, chicken.

The waiting room then begin to lose its stuffy atmosphere of nervous Kyuhyun as we and he throw sharp remark back and forth towards the hyungs one by one. After a few moments, a soft knock on the big door of the groom's waiting room was heard. I went to opened the door to see who it was. I was puzzled when i saw that there was no one at the door. So, i decided to close the door once again. When all of a sudden, i felt someone tugging the side of my pants. I paused and looked down. A smiled begin to grow on my face wider and wider when i found out who knocked on the door. Yes, that's right. It's Yungeon. 

"Anyeonghaseyo, hero samchon." I was delighted to see him and can i add on, on how cute he look like in his children suit. But i was even more startled when i heard the name that he called me with. "'Hero' samchon, eh?" i asked him as i lower down to his level so, i could talk to him easier. He nodded. He then hug my neck and an instinct took over me as i carried him in my arms and into the waiting room. Everyone in the room started to take notice of Yungeon. The hyungs tried to make a conversation to Yungeon but he became shy all of a sudden hiding his face at the croked of my neck. I smiled at how cute his sudden change of reaction was. I have no idea what is in his mind. Maybe is just tired. So, i just pat his back and soon i could feel his breathing starts to change. I stood in front of the mirror and saw the reflection. I smirked at how fast he had fallen asleep. I walked to the couch and Henry helped me to settled the cushions and when he's done, i laid him down. Its already 430 pm and its time for Kyuhyun to get out to welcome the guest. Taeyeon, Ga eul and Victoria came into the room bring their children along with them. 

"Greeting groom's men and best man! You guys need to get ready and get out in about 25 more mins." Taeyeon's voice burst through the silence of the peaceful atmosphere of the waiting room which was due to the fact that Yungeon's asleep. All of us immediately, hushed her while at the same time pointing our fingers to the already asleep Yungeon on the couch. She turned red as a tomato and let out a chuckle. Then, she mouthed out, "sorry!" as she tapped the chest of her husband, Leeteuk hyung for laughing at her reaction.

When a good full 25 mins had ended and everyone was being asked to get out of the waiting room and get to the garden outside to join the family in welcoming and greeting the guests, i was left there in the room to look after Yungeon. The ceremony was about to start and i am the groom's best man but i don't have the heart to wake this small little person from his deep sleep. 

"Yungeon-ah!" I could hear sooyoung's voice from behind the door, searching for her son. I walked towards the door, flung the door opened slightly and there she stood in front of the door with her hands in a fist, preparing herself to knock the already opened door to the groom's waiting room. Our faces were just  a few centimeters apart. We freezed at our position in what seemed to be a long time. Our eyes locked on each other. We broke our gazed and got back to the reality as we both heard someone from the entrance of the corridor that leads to the groom's waiting room cleared his throat. She turned around and i shifted my gazed to the voice, it's Daniel. 

He was wearing tuxedo with a bowtie tied around his neck. He smiled in the distant. He walked over to us and started to put his arms around Sooyoung's waist. That's when i remembered the pact that we made a few days ago about being friends and forgetting the past. That's when i remembered that Sooyoung is now Daniel's wife and Yungeon's mother. But i can't deny that she looked as beautiful and stunning as always. Today, she is not just playing the role of the planner of this wedding but also the maid of honour for the bride. 

"Siwon oppa, have you seen Yungeon?"

"Yeah, He fall asleep just now. I've put him on the couch."

"Oh, thank you for looking out for Yungeon, Siwon-shi." He slightly bow his head at me and turned to look on his right to look at Sooyoung, "I'll go get it." He announced with a wide grin. 

From the side profile of Daniel, it reminds me of the person that i saw at the hospital yesterday before i was discharged...

~Flashback. 

I had just changed from wearing the hospital clothes to my own clothes that Kyuhyun this morning. I was about to leave the hospital room to meet kyuhyun at the counter down the hall when i saw someone familiar. He was wearing a Rayben spectacle, a blazer with a v-neck shirt and a casual pants. He was talking to Dr Tiffany. They seemed to be close. I can hear them giggling from a far. I guess he is her boyfriend as i saw them hug while I walk quickly passed them on the wide corridor. They pulled apart a few moments later and i saw a familiar smile on his face but as a side profile. But where have i seen that smile? I continued on walking but i halted on my steps when i heard Dr Tiffany said, "Daniel.." Is that really Daniel? Maybe its just a coincidence. Theres many Daniels in the world anyways. Oh, who cares? I'm out of the hospital finally but i have to come again for a follow up though. The test shows that i've injured my side muscles due to the impact but thank god its not as serious as it sounds. 

~End of flashback. 

Looking at how he smiles in front of me, i squint to remember what i saw in my head earlier on of the scene in the hospital. OHMYGOD! Don't tell me its him. Its the same side profile of when the person laugh at the hospital. The built is the same too. What is he doing at the hospital? What is his relationship with Dr Tiffany? Is he cheating on Sooyoung? I became much more suspicious of him as he excused himself to picked Yungeon up for the couch and carry him up in his arms to the garden when the ceremony is about to start. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

I had a hard time writting this chapter because i am not familiarize with weddings and stuff. Besides that, Its hard to find a straight shipping for Kangin-shi. So, I made up a character using my imagination instead. Her name is Im Ga eul. She is married to Kangin and they have a little girl who just turned 1 years old.

I am sorry for this suspense. I am keeping my mouth sealed for now. Theres more to come and i promise you that all your questions will be answered in the next chapter. Please bear with me. Don't worry, I'll be updaing this story as soon as possible because to be honest theres no other story that i am focusing on right now. I am trying my bestest to give you the best story that i can write about in my ability. I hope this is okay and i am super and outmostly sorry for the flaws made. Thank you for commenting, subscribing and upvoting. Appreciate it. Remember, bear with me.