Chapter 25

Holding onto her

"pajeon?"

"You still remembered!" The three of us sat at the dining room. There were dishes in front of us. 

"Of course i still remembered oppa." I looked up at her and i saw her smiling at me. I am surprised that she still remembered one of my favourite food. Pajeon. I usually ate it during the rainy days when i was younger with Kyuhyun and... Suddenly the smile that i had gradually faded as i remembered something from my childhood. Seeing the pajeon on the plate in front of me makes me miss my mum even more. 

"Oppa, are you okay? aren't you going to eat this?" Sooyoung voice out after putting some of the pajeon onto my bowl of rice. With that, i got bak to my sense and i picked the pajeon with the chopsticks in my hand to my mouth. I won't deny that its delicious. It taste the same as of the last time i ate it when we were still together and most definitely, it tasted like my mum's. 

"Mhmm... It's delicious!" I commented. 

"Of course, Siwon Daddy! Mummy's the best cook in the world!!" Yungeon joined in the conversation by praising his mum's cooking. "That's right!" I said agreeing to the child who is siting on my left. I shifted my view to the right and there i saw a blushing Sooyoung who is giving a warm and greatful smile, probably because we both love her cooking. 

"Mummy, can Yungeon have some more of the chicken?"

"Sure, baby!" Sooyoung said after putting down the glass of drink in her hands. I took the initiative to take the piece of chicken for Yungeon but my actions was being stop for a few moments when i saw another pair of chopsticks grabbing for the same piece of chicken on the plate. I turned to the owner of the chopsticks and our gaze met. For what felt like the earth stood still as neither of us weren't moving at all, till a small voice played as the start button for the earth to start and move once again. "Hehe!" a cute giggle was given off by Yungeon that made us break our gaze. I don't know what got into me but my heart seemed to have stopped at the moment before the small chuckled illuminated my ear drums awhile ago. The dark orbs of her eyes.... I shaked of the feeling and let go of the chicken that my chopstick grabbed for Yungeon a while ago, giving way for Sooyoung to give it to Yungeon herself. 

For the rest of the dinner, the both of us didn't utter a word to each other but to Yungeon we did. The awkward atmosphere ended when Yungeon bring out the portrait that he drew at the centre awhile ago. I stared at her from my seat at the living room which was opposite of hers and Yungeon who was on her lap. She let out a wide smile that shows how proud she was to see her son get all creative. However, when her eyes shifted to the far left of the portrait the light and sparkle in her eyes began to fade a little. She kind of knew who the doodle that Yungeon had drew was. But it light up again when Yungeon began to look up at her and asked her how his family portrait was. 

"It's very good, Yungeon-ah! Maybe we can put it on a frame in your room alright?" Yungeon nodded and smiled with full of satisfaction in his work. 

When the clock strikes 8, I realized how fast time had passed and i decided to leave the house. I got up to my feet with Yungeon and Sooyoung walking by my side seeing me off to the driveway. 

"Okay, Goodbye Yungeon-ah!~" I said while bending down to kiss his forehead before i went off. 

"Byebye Siwon Daddy!" He waved at me and when i was about to get up to walk away from the porch, Yungeon began to voice out again, innocently. "Siwon Daddy, aren't you going to kiss Mummy goodbye too? Kyuhyun samchon always kiss Seohyun ee-mo after kissing yungeon's forehead. Yungeon saw it when Yungeon slept over the other day..."

I looked up to Sooyoung not knowing what i was supposed to say or do. I don't want to follow the request of the child before me because it will be rude to just step forward and kiss someone else's wife even if the husband is not around and it was not right to even do it. I don't even know if it's okay with Sooyoung if i ever do that. I don't want her to think that i am trying to get her back after everything. I don't want her to think that i am just using Yungeon to get her back. But looking at the eyes of Yungeon i don't know what i am suppose to do. I looked back down to Yungeon and try to explain to him something that Sooyoung and I should have explained to him way before this.The moment when he requested for a baby sister, we should have already told him the truth about his dad departure and that Sooyoung and I are not a couple. But out of the blue, my eyes stop blinking for a second when i felt something soft touched my left my cheeks. The view of Yungeon in front of me that was previously, looking all confuse started to smile widely, stucked in happiness. When the soft touch was no longer felt on my left cheeks i looked up and i saw Sooyoung, trying to retrieve back her posture. That was the moment when i realized that I just received a kissed from Sooyoung. A kiss that i had not felt on my cheeks more than 4 years ago. At the realization of it, a smile crept on my face without me knowing that i was smiling myself. When Sooyoung looked up and our gaze met once again, I said, "Thank you for the dinner Sooyoung. Goodbye Yungeon-ah~" I walked away from the porch and stepped into my car. I left the bungalow still wearing the smile on my face not knowing what's wrong with me. But when the view of the house was no longer visible on the side mirror and rearview mirror of my car, I decided to make my way to my parents' mansion for the night. The pajeon that Sooyoung made for dinner reminds me of Mum and it had been awhile ever since i went over to visit her. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're back," Mr Kim's voice crept from the back of me. I was slightly jumping out of my skin. I was so startled because i was so focus on getting myself off the car and closing the door that i didn't noticed that he was standing by the side of my car welcoming me back home. 

"Oh! Mr kim, you startled me." I said while putting my hand on my chest to calm my heart down.

"Sorry, Siwon-shi. I really didn't mean to make you shocked by my voice." He ended his speech with a giggle.

"It's okay, Mr kim. Is Mum at home?"

"Yes, Madam is in the library upstairs."

"Alright then, thank you." I excused myself up to the Library room on the second floor. I was about to get myself in there when i saw my mum sitting on the couch by the side of the racks. She wasn't reading a book but she was looking at some pictures from a box on her lap. Her tears escaped from her eyes. As a son, i was feeling sad too seeing her that way. I knew why those tears came out from her eyes and i know whose pictures that was in her hands. In the midst of all the events that was happening in Kyuhyun and my life, there was one event that will never be forgotten by our family. The one and only even that made my mum slowly drown into depression when Kyuhyun and I were still in Middle school. I slowly made my way into the library and sat beside my mum on the couch. She acknowledged my presence and she smiles at me. 

"Mum, what are you looking at?" I asked, pretending as if i didn't know what it was. 

"It's a photo of your sister." Yes, i have a sister. Her name is Kimberly Choi So Eun. She went missing when we went to a factory for mum's clothing line in Bangkok. The three of us were playing hide and seek while waiting for mum and dad to be done with their inspecting and discussion with the workers. She was 6 and and i was 10 at that point of time. But we couldn't find her anywhere. We tried to call her name but she didn't appear to be anywhere. Mum and Dad were getting worried as seconds passed. We lauched a report to the police for a search as Mum and Dad begin to suspect that she was being kidnapped but a few weeks later we were called up to go to the hospital. Mum and dad flew back to bangkok as the police found the corpse of a little girl with unrecognisable features due to the fire that happened a few miles away from the area. She was wearing the similar necklace that mum has around her neck. With all these evidence, everyone was sure that Kimberly was dead and had passed away but mum was the only one who believed that she was still alive. No one gave the death of Kimberly a second thought because everything was clear. The necklace and the shoes it was all belonged to her. Ever since then, I hated myself for not being able to protect her. I regreted for suggesting to play hide and seek while waiting for Mum and Dad. I know that now after years had passed and she had recovered from her depression when Kyuhyun met with an accident at the age of 14, the heart of a mother can never fully healed from losing a child. I reached out to wiped my mum's tears away. I rest my head on her shoulder and said, "I missed her too, Mum."

Till now i just wished that Kimberly was still alive and Mum won't be lonely when everyone left the house to go to work. She spend most of her time at the garden tending to her flowers. Now that, Seohyun and Kyuhyun are expecting a baby, i hoped that it will help her to fully come to terms with the the heart and accepts the death of Kimberly fully. 

Kimberly, oppa is sorry for not being able to protect you...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was getting myself ready to call it a day, when a bleep was heard from my phone. i took my phone and i saw a text that was from Sooyoung. 

"Oppa, i'm sorry for just now."

I texted back, "It's okay. Its for Yungeon, right? Goodnight!"

But deep inside i was hoping that it was not just for yungeon but because.... I ruffled my hair. 

"Yah! Choi Siwon... What are you thinking?!" I pondered to myself; shaking off the thought. I settled my phone to the side table besides my drawer and closed my eyes ready to enter dreamland. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note;

I hope this is okay for now. Sorry for the flaws. will be updating soon. Thank you for reading and have a great day ahead!