Chapter 18

Holding onto her

Previously on 'Holding Onto Her'

Siwon had his first day of work after his long break. His first meeting was for a contract on an advertisement. An Advertisement for his family's company to be exact. So, without knowing, he had to work together with an advertising comepany that belong Daniel, the person that is married to his ex-girlfriend. He tried to play it cool and put his best professionalism front during the whole proposal that was being done by Daniel, himself. This is especially so, when he found out about Daniel's "betrayal" behind Sooyoung. Yes, its "betrayal" because Siwon have not found a concrete evidence yet to support his stand in this matter. But little did he know, when Daniel unintentionally left his phone in the conference room and Siwon was trying to give it back to him, he found out that Daniel was having a late lunch together with Tiffany. Just the two of them. Siwon even snapped a photo of Daniel and Tiffany holding hand in the midst of their conversation. Siwon was furious at how his doubt of Tiffany and Daniel having an affair behind their respective partner became true. He was not feeling happy at all. He was upset with their actions that might end up hurting, not only one but two of the people he cared about. First, Sooyoung. Secondly, Seunghyun. And last but not least, Yungeon.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Where do you think you're going, Tiffany-shi?" I said out loud, calling out for her. Still not breaking my gaze from Daniel. 

She, then, turned her back again to face me. "I... I-I'm going back to the hospital..."She stuttered.

"Not so fast." I said as i stand firmly to the ground from my position that was leaning against the side of Daniel's BMW. I hold out my phone and showed the picture that i've snapped a while ago to Tiffany. I turned my head to face her. Her eyes widen in disbelief. "H-how did you...."

I interrupted her and said, "How did i get this picture? Is that what you want to asked me?" At the same time, I moved my phone and showcased the photo in front of Daniel's face. He didn't even react at all. I was getting more pissed at him when he didn't show any signs of remorse for cheating on Sooyoung or any sign of being shock at all after getting caught in the act. He just let out a chuckled. 

"So, you came here, followed me to this restaurant and spy on me?! So, what are you trying to imply Siwon-shi? Huh?!" Daniel burst out. 

I put down my arm that was holding up my phone to his face to my side. I was shocked at how defiant Daniel was. He knew he was at fault and yet he didn't want to admit his wrong doings. Hadn't he realized that he was the lucky one that Sooyoung had chosen 4 years ago. She left me for him!

"Answer me Siwon-shi?!" He said while pushing his pointing finger to my shoulder. 

"Why? Is wrong for me to eat with a person whom i am close with? And what if its true that i am having an affair with Tiffany-shi? Is that have anything to do with you?" Daniel asked while walking over to Tiffany and putting his arms around Tiffany's shoulder. Tiffany expression soon become confuse but she stood still and was too shocked to even shrugged his hands off of her. I could literally feel my face getting red, trying my best to contain the anger that was in me. I started to balled up my hand into a fist. 

"Get this straight, Siwon-shi. You're, maybe, someone in Sooyoung's life but if you haven't realize this.." he paused, "You're just a past to her and i am her husband, her future. You think with just a photo that you've taken will prove anything when you show it to her? What makes you believe that she would trust you?" He scoffed.

I won't deny that i was a tat-bit taken aback with the question he just throw to me. I don't have the answer for that. Half of me tells me that she won't believe what i'll tell her because other than the fact that we are now friends, I am afraid that she will think that i am trying to get her back with making up stories to ruin her marriage. But the other half of me, thinks that she would believe me. Deep inside of me, I don't know what i want to achieve from telling her the truth? Am i trying to ruin her marriage and to get her back or am i trying to stop Daniel from hurting her with his two fronts? I am confuse. I know that Sooyoung and Seunghyun have the right to know the truth other than saving them from the pain of discovering a lie. I looked down, away from the glare of defiance that Daniel shot me with. I don't know what to say, honestly.

"I dare you to go ahead and show it to her. The one thats going to get hurt is her and yungeon. Let's not forget about your bestfriend, Seunghyun. Shall we?" He said with smirk on his face. I looked up at him from my previous view which was to the ground. I turned to face Tiffany, begging her to show any sign that with all that evidence and a sudden confession that came out of Daniel's mouth was not true. But Tiffany just looked down on the ground; not trying to make any eye contact with me or anyone else.

"Why? Why are you doing this, Daniel?! Sooyoung loves you so much. You have a family. You have a son to think about...."

"Sooyoung? Yungeon? That's all that you could say. Do you even realize what you're talking about? You have no rights to comment on my actions and decisions. Neither do you have the rights to advice me on marriage." He removed his arm from the shoulders of Tiffany and walked towards me. He pushed my shoulders once again with every word that came out of his mouth next.

"Who do you think you are?! Huh? You're not even married yet!!" he exclaimed. 

I didn't know what got into me but it seemed that i've lost control of myself and my anger just burst out through a flunging action across his face. You got that right. I punched right at his face. And he landed on the ground. A red fluid dripped down from his nose. Tiffany, who was still at the scene, was shocked and let out a screamed. She bent down and squatted next to him to check whether he was okay. 

"Don't. Push. It. I don't normally do this to people but You... just cross the line. You're asking me 'who i think i am?' Let me tell you who i think i am. I am someone who lost the person that i truly care about and had loved for more than 4 years of being with her. I love her more that anyone in this world but yet i lost her to someone whom i thought could make happy. Someone who i thought was doing a better job in doing that rather than me. I lost Sooyoung to you! For nearly 4 years, I've beaten myself up every single day with regrets and anger of letting her leave the apartment without an attempt to even stop her. Do you realize how lucky you are? She sacrifice her whole life for you. She chose you instead of me. She hurt me just to be with you. If thats not much of a reason to why you cheating on her is my problem.. maybe you really deserve another punch from me!" I balled up my fist to the air ready to land it on the target but releasing my pressure on it when Daniel questioned, "So, you are still holding onto... my wife?"

I was hesitant but i decided to say, "No. I used to hold onto her. But after i came back from my graduation, I just realized that it's time for me to let go of her because she love you and Yungeon. She is someone else's wife and a mother to a lovely son. Now, that i know what kind of jerk you are, I really regreted not fighting for her when i had the chance." My mind flashed back to the last diary entry that Sooyoung had wrote in the brown leather book. 

Tiffany helped Daniel who was struggling to get up on his feet. I continued, "The only reason why i am here was not to spy on you or to even meddle with your affairs with her." I paused while gesturing my hand towards Tiffany. "I came here to give you back your phone that you left back at the conference room of my office building. I tried to call out for you but you never turn back. I snapped the photo not because i want to show it to Seunghyun or to even Sooyoung. I snapped it just as an evidence to confront the both of you and demand an explaination and the truth of the scenes at the hospital and the reception. I just want to know what's your relationship with each other. And if you two are having affair, I just hope you'll stop because there'll be innocent people in this issue who will get hurt. And i..." I said while shifting my attention to Tiffany, our eyes connect. "I don't want Seunghyun to get hurt anymore. Its enough. He really believe that this time he found the One. He really loves you and he really thought that you are the one." 

"And you..." i looked back to Daniel. "Don't hurt her anymore with this. Its not just her or Seunghyun who will be affected but Yungeon too. He's still young to understand and to live by the mistakes that you've done. He doesn't deserve this. Neither Sooyoung nor Seunghyun deserve this too. I'll delete this photo but i hope the both of you will figure out how to solve this mess." I reached out for his wrist and put his phone in his palm. 

With that i turned around and walk myself to my car. I unlock the door and hopped in. I drove off and back towards the office and continued on with my work. For the whole day, I didn't talk to anyone. I just hope i did the right thing. Amin. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Authors' note:

This is it for today. Sorry for the flaws and thank you for reading. I know i've been too transparent lately. I just hope that this will be good enough. There'll be a couple of soowon and seokyu moments soon. So, please anticipate. Thank you once again for subscribing to 'Holding Onto Her'. Have a great day and enjoy reading this one. :-)