Chapter 22

Holding onto her

Author's note;

Please be informed that starting from chapter 21 onwards, the storyline will completely different from the previous one. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previously on 'Holding onto Her'

Yungeon misses his father and called Siwon daddy as he looks after him ever since his dad left the family behind. As a mum and a wife that was being left by her husband, sooyoung found herself busy with all the responsibilties as a CEO's wife, a career woman and a parent. Siwon had been there for her when she need him, especially regarding Yungeon. Siwon discovered that the 'flight neighbour' that he had during his flight back to london for his graduation was in town. Lauren who was Siwon's 'flight neighbour' came over to Lee's household to actually meet Daniel regarding the business in all the branches after not being able to do so for the past few weeks. Kyuhyun and Seohyun will soon be parents to a baby as Seohyun is now pregnant after more than a year of marriage. Both Sooyoung and Siwon are happy for them. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The atmosphere in the car became awkward all of a sudden after Yungeon falled a sleep in his car seat at the back. Sooyoung was looking out of the windows of the car as we drove on highway to get home. Seohyun and Kyuhyun went seperately. I the stereo of my car hoping that the awkwardness would go away but it was getting more and more unbearable instead. 

"About just now.." the both of us said at the same time. We let out a soft giggle to ourselves not wanting to wake Yungeon up for his sleep. He had a long day today. 

"Go ahead, shoot me." I said asking her to say what she intended to say at first.

"Hmm, About just now, i hope you don't mind though. Yungeon is out of his character nowadays. Half of the time, i can assure you, that son of mine that is sleeping at the back, have no idea what he said."

I left out a chuckled as a sign that i totally understood what she said. "Well, i understand. Besides, he's just 3 years old. I'm not angry or offended in any way. So, don't worry." I could see that her face turned red, blushing when that the scene of a few moments ago played through her mind again. I saw it from the corner of my eyes as i tried to secretly gaze at her while driving. 

~Flashback.

"Yungeon-ah.. You are going to be have a baby cousin soon.~ Aren't you happy?" Kyuhyun question Yungeon who was busy playing with the small lion plushy that we bought from the Zoo's souvenir's shop. 

"Jinjja? So, there'll be a baby soon?!" Yungeon asked him back with his eyes wide opened. Kyuhyun nodded and asked him again, "Aren't you happy to have a baby cousin soon?"

"OF COURSE!" he exclaimed with full on excitement in his eyes. 

The waiter came with trays of our foods. While we were eating, yungeon was smiling to himself and was not even touching his food. Yungeon love mashed potatoes, he will pass it up but this time, he just stared at it without holding his spoon to scooped it up like he always did.

"Yungeon-ah, aren't you going to eat that?" Seohyun who noticed that began to question her little nephew's sudden change in behaviour. Yungeon just keep still not answering any of the questions and puzzled looks that was being thrown to him. Sooyoung, then, began to caress her son's hair and once she got Yungeon's attention, she began to asked him, "What's wrong Yungeon-ah? Why aren't you eating? Is your tummy painful?"

"Aniayo, Mummy." He paused. "Yungeon was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" i asked him.

"Can Mummy and Siwon daddy give Yungeon a sister?"

Kyuhyun who was busy eating his soup began to choke on it. I looked up to Sooyoung and Sooyoung's face was turning red in a flash. 

"Yungeon-ah, who thought you to say things like this?" Sooyoung tried to question her son as calm as she could possible be. Awkwardness started to fill the table.

Out of the blue, kyuhyun's voice decided to come out and die the awkwardness down. "Yungeon-ah... Siwon daddy and Mummy can not give Yungeon a baby sister yet because yungeon have not grown enough." He tried to persuade yungeon to think differently. "So, if baby cousin is a girl, Yungeon can be her oppa.. Arasso?"

"Ne." Yungeon nodded and he continued, "So, if Yungeon had grown big enough, Siwon Daddy and Mummy can give yungeon a baby sister? right?"

"That's right!" Kyuhyun said, trying to take this awkwardness off the place. He eyes at me and winked. 

"So, Yungeon, do you want to finish your mashed potato now?" I asked, the small body by my side. He looked up at me and grin happily. I hold up the metal spoon in front of him and he took it and scoop a massive amount of mash potato into his small mouth. I was not shock at all. He looked exactly like Sooyoung when does that. I guess, a child will never be far off from his parent at all. 

--------------End of flashback------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yungeon who was previously sound asleep at his car seat at the back, now resting his head on my shoulder as i carried him into the house. I settle him on the bed as Sooyoung began to search for yungeon's pyjamas. I help her to changed yungeon's attire to the cofy, cute-looking pyjamas. After which, i kissed Yungeon's forehead and left the room. 

"Oppa, thank you for today. and i am really sorry about just now." Sooyoung said while we walked down the stairs of the bangalow of Lee's household. 

"Don't mention it. Its my pleasure to spend time with Yungeon. Its been a while."

She sees me out of the door and suddenly, she tugged my left arm. I shifted my attention to her. Our gaze connect. "What is it?" I asked. 

"Erm, its okay." She answered and release my arm.

"Oh, okay then." I was about to walk away but suddenly i heard her voice again.

"Oppa... Take care." I ce again back at her, "I will. Don't worry." ending my sentence with a wink and a wide reassuring smile. 

I wave goodbye as i got into my car and once i drove off, i took look at the rearview mirror to see if she had already enter the house. Once she did, i don't know what got into me. I didn't realized that i've been smiling all this while. Now my face muscles are cramp! Siwon, stop smiling. People will start to think you're weird. Maybe because i am feeling too happy today. Too many good things happen today. From Kyuhyun's and Seohyun's news to my whole day spending time with Yungeon at zoo. Its just delightful. But i wondered what sooyoung must have wanted to say just now....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

I hope this is okay. I will update soon. I am still contemplating whether or not i should make a third person point of view. But since i change the whole of the storyline, i hope that maybe i can change the way i write the story too. In growing as a writer, technically. I am sorry for the rant but i have admit that i've lost spark while trying to write the continuation of the previous storyline. I was getting too attached to the story thats why i went to the cliche root. I thought i would work out for me so that i won't get too attached to certain character but i was wrong. I guess cliche storyline was never a part of my vocabulary as a writer. I just hope that i will be able to end 'holding onto her' well and i'd be satisfied with what i've writen as my first fic. I hope you'll enjoy and have a nice day!