Chapter 24

Holding onto her

"Good morning,Mr Choi! I've put the files and documents that needed to be sign by the end of today on your table." My secretary greeted me once i walked past her to get to my own work space. 

"Alright! Thank you."

I walked into the my own office room and i saw a pile of documents and files that were calling out my name to get it done before the clock strikes 430pm. 430pm is the time for me to leave the office to fetch Yungeon home from the centre like any other weekdays as i had promised him. I losen up the tie that was around my neck and took off my blazer to leave it on the hook stand at my right. I sighed as i rest my on my leather office chair. I opened up one folder at a time, i studied every single word that was on the paper and signed it. After an hour or so, I began to lose focus. I felt restless. It's as if i was here in the office, physically but mentally, i was nowhere insight. I got up from the seat and looked out of the full-length glass window. I don't know what got into me. I am not usually like this. Normally, even when i am tired, I am still able to focus and complete every single thing that are piled up on the table but today... The words of Tiffany played on my mind for pass few hours ever since just now. I tried to shake it off but i just couldn't anymore. I closed my eyes, trying to stop the voice and the scenes that played on my mind.

~Flashback

"That's what you thought..." She paused. The smile that she gave me, gone from view and she continued. "But that was not what happened."

"What do you mean,..." A ringtone from her phone halted the words that was about to come out from my mouth. 

"I'm sorry. Duty calls. Nice meeting you here." I nodded as a gesture that i understood what she meant as 'Duty calls'. With that she stood up and walked away from the table. I was left sitting there wandering what she meant by 'but thats not what happened.' What is the 'that's not what happened'? If she didn't leave with Daniel than where did Daniel go? And what is the reason for him to leave his family behind if its not choosing Tiffany over his family? What is going on? Poor Yungeon... What could possibly be the reason for his departure? 

__________________________________End of Flashback________________________________________________

"Hyung, what are you doing?"

I jumped in shocked and opened my eyes almost immediately. I turned around in annoyance to the owner of the voice who is none other than my younger brother, Kyuhyun. "huh?!"

"What are you looking at, Hyung?"

"Nothing.."

"Really, because you don't sound like theres "Nothing"."

I moved to the couch that was on my left and Kyuhyun followed suit. We both flopped onto the couch at the same time. "Hyung, is there something bothering you?"

I tried to deny but this brother of mine, just won't let it pass. I told him about my assumption and things that Tiffany said to me but was cut short when she had to leave to fulfilled her responsibilities as a doctor. 

"Hyung, i need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"A few days ago, I met with Seunghyun hyung before he left for a business trip. He told me that he got engaged with Tiffany months ago. So, i don't think that Daniel's reason for his departure was because of his affair with Tiffany since he's not here anyway. Because if he is, We would have been able to track him right?"

"I don't know..."

"Let's just forget about Daniel for a while. You've been trying to help Sooyoung to find him ever since he left. It's been months already. If he wants to come back, he would have been back and be together with his family. We've tried everything. From police reports to hiring Max as a detective... He is just nowhere to be found. To be honest hyung, Sooyoung seemed to have given up hope in finding her husband and i think if as a wife, she, herself had let go of him. I think we should too. If he is man enough, he wouldn't have left his family behind at the first place."

"Knockknockknock" With that, our conversation ended when Mrs Park entered my office to search for Kyuhyun and to inform him regarding the arrival of an investor for the project that he was handling. I got up and sat back at the table and continue with my work that was halted previously. I felt that the words that Kyuhyun said made sense and probably, i should let the matter go. Surprisingly, after the talk with him, i was able to focus better and finished the work on time. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

I got off my car and walked to the entrance of the centre. Yungeon was trying to put on his small little blue coat that Sooyoung bought for him during her overseas work trip with a little help from his teacher. Gosh, he looks so tiny! He turned and his eyes widen when he saw my presence in front of the glass door waiting for him to be done with what he was doing. 

"Siwon Daddy!" He exclaimed once his teacher, Ms Teo, pushed opened the glass door to let him out. I bent down to carry him in my embrace. "Yes!~" I said with a smile on my face. "Yungeon-ah, how was your class today?"

"It was great! Yungeon made a drawing today."

"Really? Where is it? Let Siwon daddy see it."

He opened up the scrolled up drawing block in his hands and revealed his drawing. It looked like a family portrait.

"This is Yungeon in the middle of Siwon Daddy and Sooyoung mummy." he pointed to each one of the person he drew. But i couldn't help but to notice that there is also a drawing of a person very far from the three that he had just pointed out. 

"Wow! Good job, Yungeon. Its really nice. hmm, but Yungeon ah, who is this?" I asked him.

"O-oh.. ah.., That's Daddy." 

"Why is he very far?"

"Because mummy said that Daddy is in a very far away place. So, Yungeon drew Daddy very far too."

"Yungeon miss Daddy, huh?"

He didn't answered. He just looked up at me. I could see sparkles in his eyes. It's as if he was about to cry. 

"Hey, are you crying?" I questioned in a concerned tone. 

"Ani... Yungeon's eyes are itching that's why..."

"really? Come Siwon daddy helped yungeon to blow the itch off." after a few soft blows, he blinked away the tears and he managed to smile again.

"Alright then, wave goodbye to your teacher and we can go home after this, okay?" I said, trying to change the topic. Its heartwarming to see that Yungeon still thinks of his dad and the fact that Yungeon had grown a little because now, he knows how to cover up his feelings. But at the same time, my heartache hearing his words. Its clearly shown that he really misses his dad but he couldn't show it because he knew that it will make Sooyoung sad. After we walked away from the centre, I opened the back door of car and settled him in his car seat. 

"Are you ready, Yungeon-ah?"

"YES Siwon Daddy!" He shrieked in excitement and we drove off from the scene.

Once reached home, Sooyoung waited for us at the front porch.

"Annyeong!~" She said as i helped Yungeon to unbuckled the seat belts of his car seat. Yungeon ran towards his mum with a large grinned on his face. 

"Oppa, do you want to joined us for dinner?" Sooyoung voiced out as i closed the door of the car after Yungeon left running.

"Yes please, Siwon Daddy?" Yungeon said while tugging the side of my pants like he usually does when he wants something. Who can resist him when he's being like this?"

"Alright then." I said, nodding to the tiny person by my side who pulled my hand and led me towards his house. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Sorry to keep you waiting. Here you go. Hope this is okay.