Chapter 6

Holding onto her

~Previously on "Holding Onto Her"

Siwon managed to escaped from being stuck for too long with the Unexpected Encounter with some help from Henry. He went up to meet the guys and they had a blast eating and catching up with one another. He, then, came to a realization that indeed things had changed ever since he depart from Seoul to London and back. He was thankful that his friends have found their own happy endings and when was asked whether he had found his own happiness, he was taken aback because he was still holding onto her and is still in the process of healing. Despite that, he had fun for the rest of lunch. When he reached home, he revisited his past from when he was still in High school and till when he was with her. He didn't understand why he took a decision to go back to the apartment that he once shared with sooyoung when he found the keys that was being kept in the same drawer with all the other memories of her. Many questions of why he did that and what was he hoping for as an outcome was answered after hearing the voice of his childhood bestfriend, Seunghyun. He was the one that stayed by him through his post-breakup with her. He realized that he was hoping for her to come back to the apartment. To get some signs that maybe, just maybe, she realized that she wanted him back after he left for london. Or maybe deep in her heart, she misses him too like the way he misses her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oppa! Wake up..." I heard a whisper on my left ear. It sounds familiar. I could feel her breath slightly brushed against my neck. "Oppa, its morning already." This time it was not a whisper. Its a voice. A voice that i truly missed. I slowly opened my eyes, hoping that its really her. And there, I saw her angelic smile. I could see the morning sun shines through the window of the apartment behind her. I smiled and called out,  "S-sooyoung..." I tried to stretch out my hand to reach for her face.She keep on smiling but then i realized that further i tried to reach for her, the futher she was away from me. All of a sudden, "Thud!" I could feel a sudden pain on my head. I opened my eyes and look around, she was nowhere to be found. I got to my senses. She was not there in the room and she was never there to begin with. Everything that i saw, was just an illusion in my sleep. It was just a dream. A dream that ended with my head being hit onto the side table and my body on the floor.

I was startled by my ringtone and the buzzing made by my phone and instantaniously, i reached out for it. Its a text from Seunghyun that reminded me to meet him at Sunshine cafe. I put it aside and get up on my feet. I went to the toilet to clean myself up and thank god, theres towels and some of my clothes that i left in the closet more than 3 years ago. i got ready for the day, took my phone and went out of the room. I grabbed the keys that i left on the table last night before i brought myself to the bedroom. I took a last look of the apartment and closed the front door, locked it and i'm on my way to Sunshine cafe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It took awhile to reached the venue due to the traffic and the accident that took place on the expressway. It was almost 1pm when i reached the venue. I got off my car and made my way in the Cafe. I stood at the entrance to search for a familiar face. There, i saw him. He was using his phone probably trying to reach me and when he looked up, our gaze met and he stood to greet me. I walk towards him.

"Sorry. i was late. The traffic was crazy."

He nodded. "Its okay. I just reached anyways." We embraced in a hug and we pulled away after a while to take a sit opposite each other. We placed our orders and started to converse on the happenings of each others lives.

"How was London? Have you graduated?"

"London was okay. Its freezing actually now. Not yet. I am left with my last assignment before i can graduate after my final examination." I grinned.  "I met with the guys yesterday and i came to a realization that many things had changed. Hyungs that got married before i left now are not just husbands but also a father and the guys that were not ready to get married had already propose to their girlfriends and are preparing for their weddings. So, shock me now if you are leaving singlehood!" I exclaimed.

"Who said i was leaving singlehood and going to get married?! I have not found the right candidate to be my wife yet." He announced. However, i was puzzled. The last time i checked he had a girlfriend before i left for London. "What?! No. You broke up with Lisa?" 

"Yeah. Last year actually."

"I'm sorry, bro" Feeling simpathetic because i know how it hurts to be dump by someone you love. 

"It's okay. We drifted apart because of work. We couldn't meet each other as much and miscommunication happened, trust issues arise and both of us decided to break up and just remain as friends instead."

"oh, thats sad." i sighed as signed or relief. At least he was lucky, both of them decided to break up and remain as friends. He had better luck than me. He didn't have to feel the heart wretching pain that i felt when i lost her to another.

"But its okay. Theres a saying, you know. 'when the right time comes, the right one will arrive.' So, no sweat man." he said while giving me a thumbs up.

A few seconds later, the waiter came over to our table and bring in our foods. We ate and talked about alot of things. Ever since I left for London, he took over his family's hospital as he's the only child. He spent most of his time in the hospital which caused the hole in his relationship with Lisa. I guess i am not the only one who is not getting married just yet among all in our group of friends. After an hour of catching up, his phone starts to bleep. He apologised because he needed to go back to the hospital, saying that theres a meeting with an investor. I was left alone in the cafe after he left in a rushed. I decided to order an Americano coffee before i paid for the bill. After which, i went out and decided to go home. 

On the way out towards the car park, i noticed a toodler walking on the road to cross to the carpark with no adult assisting him. "Who is the parent of that boy? why leave him to play on the road? Isn't it dangerous? Poor baby.." I mumbled to myself. Out of nowhere, I heard a honked coming from the left. I was so shocked that i went speechless. I shifted my attention to the left and i saw an incoming vehicle, driving at full speed. With a direct instinct, I dropped my coffee and dashed towards him. At the same time, i heard screams of people who were around the area and the honk becoming louder as moments pass.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Authour's note;

I know this is short chapter. Will update this really soon. Who is the little boy? What is he doing in the middle of the road? Will Siwon managed to save the baby? And most importantly did siwon manage to save both the baby and himself from being hit by the car? 

Hehe. I'm trying the cliff hanger. I don't know if i am doing a good job with it. Believe it or not i am actually laughing at myself for doing this cliff hanger, i think my target in writing this story is too high comparing to the lack of skills that i have as an ameteur. And yes, i made up another character using my imagination. Her name is Lisa. Lisa was Seunghyun's long time girlfriend. She owns a bridal boutique. They broke up because they were quarreling more every single day as the time passed after he took over his family hospital business. They were not spend as much time and he was not there when she needed him to be and she was not understanding him and his way of work. Thats why they broke up but in a peaceful manner. They remain friends till this day. .Anyways, i hope you enjoy reading this. I tried my best so, bear with me. When i said theres more to come, i actually meant it. Thanks for reading and commenting. Really appreciate it.