Chapter 19

Holding onto her

Its been weeks ever since the incident. I preoccupied myself with work and hope for the best that whatever the decisions that Daniel and Tiffany have made is for the best of the people who are going to be affected with it. Today is the day where the contract and agreement regarding the proposal will be sign. I am in the conference room once again not just with Kyuhyun but with Dad as well. I enter the conference room abit late than usual. I was trying my best to put a proffessional front when facing Daniel. I am going lie, its abit challenging to not mix personal and work together. But i have to because thats what i should be doing when it come to business. We discussed about alot of issues regarding the advertisement. Be it about when they'll start to film the commercial and when will be executed to air. For the whole of the discussion, I was suffocated in the tense and awkward atmosphere that i was in. It was way too, awkward. He wasn't trying to make any eye contact with me. And even when i asked a question regard the advertisement, he was trying his best to avoid my gaze. Probably because he, too, was feeling awkward as well or just plain remorse. 

When the contract was signed and the discussion was over and done with, i got up to my feet and walked back to my office. "Mr Choi, this is the documents that you need to take a look at by tomorrow. It also needed to be sign as well." Maria, my new secretary said while passing me a few files. "Thank you!" I said while flashing her a grateful smile. 

I got my on the comfy leather couch that was in the office. Laid out the files on the coffee table and started to pick one up. Suddenly a bleeping from my phone started to illuminate the silence of my office. I slipped my hand to my pocket, took out my phone and answered it with out even looking at the caller I.D. 

"Yeoboseyo?" I asked once i placed my phone to my ears. My eyes was still focus on every word that was on the piece of document. I was reading each word of it when i suddenly halted to the sound of someone's over on the other side of the phone. "Oh, Oppa!"

The familliar voice that i've yet to hear ever since i came back from my graduation. My eyes widen not wanting to believe who was the caller on the other side. I removed my phone that was previously against my ear and peek to my screen. It was a confirm that the person whom i thought was on the other side of the call was really her. I put the phone back against my ear, and said, "Sooyoung? What's the occasion?"

"What do you mean what's the occasion? Do i need any occasion to call a friend?" 

"Yah, okayokay. Chill... I mean what's up. Its not normal for you to call me, you know. Cause the last time i check, ever since i got back her after my graduation we didn't have any sence of communication with each other at all... So, having you call me now, if kind of a surprise." I explained.

"Oh-okay then. I called just to invite you to Yungeon's Birthday party this coming Sunday. I hope you can come despite you being busy once again with work in the office."

I frowned my brows as i begin to become a bit curious as of to how she found out about me starting to work in here again. "H-how did you found out about? And of course i will come."

"I found out about it through Daniel. I heard his company and yours will be working together for a business advertisement." Of course, she'll find out about it from her husband! What were you thinking about Siwon-ah?Pabo!~ I guess with that it just shows that Daniel decided to choose Sooyoung and Yungeon after all. Its good to know that. I could feel the side of my lips started to curled up. 

"Oh, Oppa. Before i forget, Yungeon keep on talking about a book he left with you, by any chance is the book still with you?" A book? OhMyGod! The book! How could i forgotten about the book. Suddenly, the smile that was plastered on my face started to fade once again and i started to feel my heartbeat beating faster than before. What am i suppose to answer to Sooyoung? How am i going about in giving it back? Suddenly, all the questions that i had running through my mind stopped and was interrupted by the same familiar voice again.

"Oppa, are you still there?" 

I got back to my senses and then said, "Hmm, Yea... I-i'm still here. Don't worry i will bring there with me when i find it again." After saying that i knocked myself on the head, realizing that i was digging my own grave. 

"So, i'll text you the address. You can come together with Seohyun and Kyuhyun if you want too."

Just then, a knocked could be heard. The door of my office opened up ever so slightly, revealling my younger brother's head which popped out from the small opening. Talking about "speaking of the devil." I hold up my hand as a gesture to asked Kyuhyun to wait for a moment till i end the call. 

"Okay then, See you on Sunday! Say hello to Yungeon for me. I've got to go talk to you soon. "

"Alright then. See you too." With that we ended the call. I put down my phone to the coffee table in front of me and begin to speak out to Kyuhyun.

"What is it, Kyu?" I asked. 

"Hyung, i know you are a workaholic like dad. But it had passed lunch time and we both have not grabbed our lunch yet. I've reserve a table at Henry's restaurant. Let's go... Please?" He stated, while holding up both of his hands like a child asking his mother to let him play at the playground. I looked down to the watch that was on my wrist and it's true. Time really had fly so fast these few days. I stood up from the couch, grabbed my phone and my car keys and started to walked out of my office with Kyuhyun by my side.

Once, we've reached henry's restaurant, we ate and talked about alot of things. Henry too joined us at the table. Being together with these two, made me forgot about the book and the fears that crept in just by the thought of it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday came kicking faster than i thought it would. I couldn't get sufficient rest ever since last night. I was so nervous about alot of things regarding the book that is in my hands right now that i lost sleep. I don't know if i should say, "Hey, Sooyoung! This is the book that yungeon passed to me. I've read it. and i'm sorry. But everything's clear now, No hard feelings." N-no that won't do. Or should i say, " Sooyoung, this is the book that Yungeon passed to me at the reception. I didn't read it at all. Don't worry. " Oh, Siwon! Who are you trying to kind right now?! I let out a long sigh. I decided to wrapped it up with the presents that i've bought for Yungeon. I bought it yesterday after work. I stood up and walked towards the bathroom and decided to wash up. After getting that done. i walked out with a towel and a bathrobe. Opening up the closet to find something to wear. I grab a black tee and a knitted cardigan with a pair of denim jeans. I started to put them on and so my hair. When i am done, I put on my usual cowboy shoes that i usually wear, and grab the paper bags containing Yungeon's presents. I pulled out the drawer by the side of my bed and took out my car keys, phone and wallet. I was ready to head out. 

After a few minutes of driving, I've reached the destination and i checked my watch for the time. It was 230 in the afternoon, so, i wasn't too late. I got off my car locked it and walked towards the entrance of the massive bungalow house that stood in front of me. My eyes was wandering around in search for a familiar face, Sooyoung. But the search was cut short when i heard a shrieked and a tug on the side of my jeans. I looked down only to realized who it was. Its the birthday boy! He flashed his most brightest smile. I almost thought i was about to be blinded by it. I bent down and carried him in my arms. 

"Yungeon-ah, Happy birthday!"

"Kamsahamnida, Hero samchon."

"This is your birthday present. Where should i put this?" I said while showing the paperbag that was in my hand. He was still wearing the grinned on his face and he pointed to the table in the living room where the presents are all laid out. There were many children running around and i was getting dizzy with all their excitement. 

"Yungeon-ah, where's omma?"

"Omma is in the kitchen." 

"Alright then, let's go to omma." i was still carrying him in my arms after putting down the present. 

I saw her back looking out of the window. She was not moving and inch just her head was lowered to the ground. I know that posture. I remembered that posture. The smile that was on my face completely, faded. I put Yungeon down from my embrace and said, "Yungeon-ah, go an play outside in the garden with friends, okay? Samchon willl be out there soon."

With that, Yungeon ran out of the kitchen to the garden to play with the kids. I slowly pace my steps towards, sooyoung who was wearing a white knitted pullover with a denim wash skinny jeans, having her hair set in a high ponytail. As i walk closer to her, i could hear tiny sounds of snobbing.

"Sooyoung-ah.... Is everything okay?"

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note;

I'll be updating soon when i come back from my schedule. I hope this will do. I didn't double check for spelling errors but i will once i started to log in again to write the next chapter. Thanks for reading and have a great day everyone. Sorry for the flaws. Really appreciate it!