Chapter 30

Holding onto her

Our hug was interrupted by little Yungeon who was dashing towards us and was tugging the side of Sooyoung's dress. He looked like he was bothered by something. I squated down to Yungeon's height and held his small body. 

"Why? What's wrong Yungeon ah?" Sooyoung began to ask him worriedly. 

"Mummy! Seohyun imo is in pain!" Yungeon replied innocently. I turned my gazed to Sooyoung. As if telepathic, we knew that it was time! I carried Yungeon in my embrace and got to my feet. The both of us ran towards the reception of Seunghyun's and Tiffany's wedding. Once we set foot at the area, the atmosphere was tense. The music had stopped and the relatives and family was crowding around the table that was previously where Kyuhyun and the boys were at. 

"Excuse me. Excuse me." Sooyoung's voice could be heard in front of me as she snake her way to the crowd till she reached the core. There sat Seohyun on the chair, in pain. Kyuhyun was just by her side; with a total anxious looked on. From where i stood still holding Yungeon in my arms, I could see that Kyuhyun was worried. 

"Siwon Daddy, what's wrong with Seohyun imo?" The tiny little voice filled with so much innocence brought me back to my sense that was previously, worried about Seohyun's condition.

"Oh, Yungeon-ah... Seohyun imo is sick. Baby cousin is about to come out soon. So, Yungeon have to anticipate baby cousin alright?" He nodded to my explaination. 

"We need to bring Seo to the hospital, Kyu!" Sooyoung who was in panic suggested. 

"No, theres no time. Her contraction had passed to every 15 minutes. We need to bring her inside!" Tiffany announced. 

In her wedding gown, she took off her heels and dashed in while Kyuhyun carried Seohyun in bridal style into the lake house just at the side of the reception hall. Seunghyun, Sooyoung, mum and dad followed suit. As one of the family members, Yungeon who was and still is in my arms, and I made our way after them to the lake house as well.However, once we reached at the entrace, Seohyun, Kyuhyun, Tiffany and Sooyoung was nowhere to be found. Mum and dad sat by the sofa at the living room of the lake house side by side. Both holding hands and prayed together. Seunghyun was running from the kitchen with some supplies; bowl and towels. He ran from the kitchen and up to the stairs. I put Yungeon down and he went to Mum and Dad. With that, I went up the stairs to find out about Seohyun's condition. However i halted on my tracks when i heard Seohyun's shouting in pain. I didn't manage to collect my courage to just step into the room and give my brother some moral support. I guessed Seohyun will be safe in the hands of tiffany. 

'Dear god, please watch over my sister-in-law who is still fighting a huge battle in bring her baby to this world. Please keep my future niece or nephew and Seohyun safe. Amen.'

I turned back towards the rest lounge that was at the corner of the corridor on the second floor only. I sat on the couch. After a few minutes, i got up again. My thoughts flew to Seohyun and Kyuhyun's baby. I was nervous and anxious for them. I didn't expect the labour to be so long. The agony and pain that Seohyun was feeling came off verbally and it echo to the whole corridor. This even made me more nervous and afraid. Even if the person who's in labour down the hall is not my wife, i could help but felt this way. When i was younger i thought baby was bought from the hospital like shopping but now that i'm older and i understood everything, I didn't expect it to become surreal.

Suddenly, my train of thoughts was paused when a sound of a crying baby started to echoed toward the corridor. As if an adrenaline rush spreading all over and taking over my will, i ran towards the room that the 4 of them were in. There they were, on the bed. The newborn was in Seohyun's embrace wrapped in a towel. Kyuhyun stick by her not moving' wiping away the stray tears that escaped from her eyes. She is crying tears of joy, i suppose.

'Thank god for listenning to my prayer. Amen.'

I stood there by the door frame looking at the blissful moment whereby, i will acknowledged that Kyuhyun is not just a husband anymore but also a father as well. Sooyoung and Tiffany was cleaning up the bed. While Sooyoung and Tiffany were putting the bloodstain mattresses away in the toilet, i could see the wide smile that Sooyoung wore on her face. I went up to her and wrapped my arms on her waist. 

"What do you think you're doing?" She asked.

"I am enjoying the moment." I answered. 

Not too long after, Seunghyun came in with an excited Yungeon in his arms along with Mum and Dad. "Kyuhyun Samchon is that baby cousin?" Yungeon asked while still being in Seunghyun's embrace. "Yes! Do you want to see her?" Kyuhyun asked. He got up to his feet which was rested on bed previously' walking towards Yungeon and reached out for him. He carried Yungeon back to bed. He looked towards the baby that was in Seohyun's arms wrapped in a towel and Yungeon looked up again. "So, what's baby cousin's name?" 

"Choi So Eun. Kimberly Choi Seo Eun."

My eyes widen in shocked and i looked over to mum. I could see that mum's eyes started to filled up with tears remembeing kimberly, my late younger sister who passed away when Kyuhyun and i was still in middle school.

"Kyuhyun, are you sur-" I asked trying to get an assurance from him that he was not kidding about his justification about his first newborn daughter but i was cut short; not being able to finish my sentence.

"Yes, Hyung. We've decided on the name months ago." Kyuhyun looked over to Seohyun and she nodded. Seohyun joined in the conversation, "We know how much the family misses Kimberly... and we also know that she can never be replaced especially when she is the only princess of the Choi's but we hope that with the birth of this Kimberly Choi So Eun, the junior, Mum won't be lonely anymore when everyone is getting busier by the day." Her view which was on her precious little one when she said about her name moved back to us.  

 

I smiled to Sooyoung who was now next to me. We both let out a smile at the name of our newborn niece. Sure, Seohyun and Kyuhyun are going to be great parents to baby Kimberly. Grow well kimberly- ah. Your aunt Kimberly will be so happy to see you growing healthily and to see how much your dad had grown. I put my arms around Sooyoung's waist once again still standing by her side but i was caught off guard. 

"Eh, Hyung..." Kyuhyun said slyly with his eyes arrowing at my act. 

Suddenly, all the attention was shifted to the both of us.

"Yes, yes. I know what you guys are thinking... Sooyoung and i are.... We are-"

"We are engaged!" Sooyoung announced, holding up her hand. By the view of the bling that was on her ring finger, my eyes widenned. My eyes widen in realization that she was wearing the ring that i left her with before. It's my late grandmother's ring. She accepted my proposal! 

"Soo..." I smiled ever so widely. I hugged her. "Is this foreal?"

"Yes." We broke apart and I lightly, perked her lips. We broke apart only to see that Mum and Dad was smiling proudly. Seunghyun and Tiffany was having their back hugs and Kyuhyun kissing the forehead of Seohyun. I could hear him said, "Thank you for everything." Seohyun just let out a small chuckle and smile. 

Seunghyun's voice that started to fill the room. "So, I guess... After Henry's wedding. It will be your turn then?"

"Yes, you can put it that way," I said with a proud smile. I feel the happiest that i could have been.

"Finally!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. 

"Yah!!~What do you mean finally?!" I loosened my embrace around Sooyoung's waist. 

"Finally, you're getting married. I thought i will forever see you crying at night by the couch at the balcony. Hahah! Or the car and lastly at the river." 

"Jinja. This kid!"iI chased him out of the room.

I guessed even when things starts to change. Status rediscovered. Resposibilities being fulfilled. Somethings will never change. For example, this brother of mine. Even if he is married and had already become a father the poison on his tongue can never be vanished at all. 

======================================================================================

Author's note;

I hope this is okay.Will be back again on one of the days when i am free again to write the last chapter. I am sorry to keep everyone waiting. Thank you for subscribing and have a great day ahead. 

This story is a Soowon story, Every other character is not fixed. I am sorry to those who waited for Seokyu scenes. as i had said in the forword of 'Holding Onto her', the characters are not fixed only Soowon are the two main character. Seokyu are just the side characters that help Siwon shi with his probelms as being a brother and a reason for him to get back to Seoul from packing himself up with business school in London's University. I am sorry if people misunderstood the tagged that i've made. Really sorry but needless to say, i hope this chapter will satisfy. I've tried and Thank you for reading, commenting and subscribing once again.