Chapter 17

Holding onto her

~Previously on 'Holding Onto Her'

Siwon was introduce to Seunghyun's 'special' someone. To his shocked, the lady turned out to be Tiffany. Tiffany was a doctor who was in charge of Siwon when he was admined in the hospital after saving Yungeon from the knock down. He was also worried of what would be after he recalled the scenes that he saw between Tiffany and Daniel in the Hospital corridor and also at the wedding reception of Kyuhyun and Seohyun before he left for his graduation in London.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun shone in from the window of my room and i was awaken by the sound of my alarm clock. I tried to reached out for the alarm to turn it off. When i succesfully did that, I took a look on the time. It's just 930 in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and slowly tossing my body on the bed. I sat up and stretched my arms. I slowly turned to the side table by my bed once again and grab my phone that was left overnight to charge. I looked at the notifications. Theres a few misscalls from Kyuhyun and mum. Theres also a few messages in my inbox that was from Seunghyun and yet again from Kyuhyun. 

'Hyung, please keep your promise. I'll wait for you at the office today. Be sure to be here before lunchtime since you've not been picking up neither of my phone call nor even from mum. ~ Kyuhyun'

I ruffled my own hair, annoyed. I feel so lazy to get my off the bed. Its been nearly a month ever since i got back to Seoul. A few days after i got back, i told my family members that i'm moving back to the apartment. The apartment that used to be Sooyoung's and mine before the break up. I want to start a fresh. I promise Kyuhyun that I'll get back to the office after i settled the apartment and ever since i've moved back in here, the promise had never been fulfilled. I guessed i can't run any longer. It's either i get my there in the office before lunchtime or he will get me here. I got up from my bed and grabbed my towel and got myself a refreshing morning bath. After washing myself up, I opened up the closet and took out my suit and tie. Its been a while since i wore any suits. The last time i wore suits and tie was from Kyuhyun's wedding and my graduation. Once i start to work in the office again, looks like i have to wear more of it every single day except for my off days. 

I took a good look at myself in the mirror while holding the ends of my tie and started to tie it around my collar. I did my hair and spray on some cologne on myself. I button up my cuffs and put on my watch that was on the drawer of my closet. I turned my back on my reflection on the mirror. I walked towards the bed where i've left my suit's jacket. I bent down to reach for it and started to put it on my self. I open up the shoe cabinet and took out my black leather shoe. I sliped my foot in it and grab my car keys. I was set to go after slipping my phone and wallet in my pocket.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reached the office building in half an hour due to the not so crazy traffic for today. I could literally feel my heart jumping in and out of my suit. I could even hear my heartbeat. Can't believe that i am nervous after all this while. I don't know if i am up for the chaotic schedule of meetings after meetings and projects to be done before dateline once again. You can do it, Siwon! Come on! l parked my car, got off from it and locked it. I went up the lift and went to the office. On the way to my office room, people who had been working in the office before i left to further my education started to acknowledge my arrival when i set foot at  the entrance of the main office door. They greeted me and welcome me back with a bow. As a reply, i just smiled back and gave a slight nod. I brought myself straight to my office. I was surprised when i walked toward my table. There was not a spek of dust on my table nor was there any at the corners of the room. I sat down on my chair and within what felt like a few seconds, I was startled with the sudden appearance of Kyuhyun, who didn't even bother to knock on the door of my office before flunging the door open and barging in. 

"Finally, Hyung!! You came." He said with a wide grin across his face. 

"Yah! Choi Kyuhyun! Don't you know how to knock before barging into someone's space?" 

"Oops.. I'm sorry about that. I just can't contain my excitement. Welcome back to the office. hyung. Lunch is on me!" he said while putting his arms on my shoulder before continuing. "before i forget hyung, after lunch, we'll have a meeting with an advertising partner for the business asvertisement. So, please be there."

"Who?"

"You'll know who's the partner is when the meeting starts." He winked at me and walked out of the door, leaving me guessing who is the client for my first meeting of the day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat at the conference room with Kyuhyun on my right; waiting for the arrival of the client. Awhile later, a knock was heard on the heavy wooden door of the conference room. There enter a lady, in a white shirt and a pencil skirt. However, the long waiting didn't come to an end when we saw who it was. Mrs Park, Kyuhyun's secretary enters the conference room asking for Kyuhyun to leave for another urgent meeting that Dad couldn't attend to. Kyuhyun turned to me with a questionable look; worried if i couldn't do the meeting alone. I gave him an assuring smile and said, "It's okay. Just go ahead. I'll take care of things here."

After what felt forever as i was getting bored with waiting for so long, another knock was heard and i stood up and bow as the tall figure walked towards me. "Siwon-shi?"

"Ne." I looked up to the direction of the voice. "Oh, Daniel-shi?"

"Yes, I thought I'd be presenting the proposal to Kyuhyun-shi?" He said while offering his hand towards me. 

"No, not today. He has something urgent to attend to. You're going to present it to me instead then, i guess." I said while accepting the handshake. 

He started the presentation and i found that the idea that he had proposed for an advertisement of our company werer fresh and really attractive. He ended the presentation with a smile on his face, satified with his work. 

"The idea is great but you do know that i can't make the decision for the advertisement alone right? I'll ask for my secretary to call your office when our decisions have been finalize, alright?"

"Yeah, sure. Thank you Siwon-shi. I think i'll better get going then."

With that he left. I sat back down. Out of nowhere, a buzzing sound from a vibrating phone burst out, evoking the peace atmosphere that was in the conference room. I look at my phone to see if theres any notification. But theres nothing and yet the buzzing still could be heard. I tried to search for it and i saw a phone on the floor. I bent down to grab it. Once i got the phone in my hand, the buzzing stopped. I thought to myself whose phone is it. I pressed the lock button of the phone, theres a passcode but the background of it is a photo of Yungeon and Sooyoung. The phone should belonged to Daniel! 

In an instant i ran out of the conference room an to the lift waiting area. I could see the people in the office were puzzled my sudden marathon. Daniel's back could be seen entering the lift. I tried to called out his name but he didn't noticed me and the lift began to close leaving me panting. I press the button of the lift. "Ding!" A lift on the right side, opens up. I went in. Once reached the basement carpark, I tried to find Daniel. But my search was left in vain when his car started to leave the exit of the car and out of the building. I don't know what got into me. I slipped my free hand to my pocket and took out my car keys. I decided to follow him and gave him his phone. I know that as a person in the business industry, having a phone with you always is very important. My car followed his. 25 minutes had passed and his car stopped in front of a restaurant. I stepped out of my car, not forgetting to bring his phone along with me. In a flash his presence went missing from my view when i turned back to the entrance of the restaurant after locking my car. 

"Sir, reservation under whose name?" 

"Erm, I'm sorry. I didn't reserve a table but if you don't mind, is it okay if i get in, to search of a friend and pass him this." I showed the person that's in front of me the phone. "It's his phone."

"Sorry, I can't let you in. But i can help you pass it to him though."

I nodded but my eyes were trying to find him among the tables in the restaurant.

"What is his name?"

"It's Daniel. He is tall and he wore a blue blazer with a tie and white pants." I said, still gazing to look for him.

"Here, you can give it to me." the person letting out his hand, waiting for me to pass him the phone. 

"Sir?" I shifted my attention back to the person in front of me. 

"Oh, yeah. i'm sorry." I was about to gave the phone that was in my hand when i looked up again and i saw Daniel. He was holding a cup in his hand, taking a sip. I looked a little harder and i saw the side profile of a person. To be exact, I saw the side profile of a lady. I squint my eyes to see who it was. A waiter carrying trays of food came over to their table. The lady turned her head slightly and i saw who the lady was. It's not Sooyoung but it's Tiffany! They seemed to be having a serious conversation. Suddenly, in the midst of them talking, i could see Tiffany's hand reaching out for his on the table. They were holding hands and with that gesture, Daniel let out a small smile on his was. This is an evidence! The things and scenes that i saw at the hospital and the reception and now this are all true. I took out my own phone from my pocket and snap some photos of them not noticing that the person that stood in front of me was still waiting for me to pass me the phone. After being done with the photos, I shifted my view once again to the person. 

"Oh, Its okay. I'll just give him later." i turned my heels and walk out of the restaurant and waited for him at his car. I leaned on the the side of his BMW's front bonnet. I was trying my best to calm myself down and to lay out my thoughts of how i am going about to confront the both of them. I don't know if they'll going to admit it or they'll deny the facts that i've got to know even with the prove that i have inside of my hands. I looked down to my watch and realized that it had already been more than half an hour. They should be leaving the restaurant by now. I looked up and the "couple" walking towards the car side by side; still looking at each other while in deep conversation. I gazed at them and started to clear my throat. It seemed that i managed to grab their attention when i saw the puzzled face of the both of them. When Daniel's attention was shifted to me and our gaze met, his smile that he wore faded gradually as I throw a glare to him. 

There was a moment of an awkward silence. Suddenly, Tiffany started to voice out bursting the bubble of awkwardness in the atmosphere around the three of us.

"Thanks for the lunch, Daniel shi. Goodbye Siwon and Daniel-shi." She started to turn her back from us and started to walk away, in attempt to escape. 

"Where do you think you're going, Tiffany-shi?" I said out loud calling for her, still not breaking the gaze from Daniel. 

She, then, turned again back to face me. "I.. I-I'm going back to the hospital..." she stuttered. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

I hope this is okay. What do you think Siwon should do now that he has the prove. Will he keep it to himself or will he tell Sooyoung and Seunghyun? Or will he just wait for Daniel to come about his realtionship with Tiffany and what is their relationship with each other anyway? Sorry, I can't do a double update today. But i'll do it when i have the time soon. Sorry for the flaws. Hope you enjoy this one. Thanks for reading and have a great day!