Chapter 16

Holding onto her

~Previously on 'Holding Onto Her'

Siwon got back to Seoul after his graduation. He was anticipating who's the person that was so special to Seunghyun was as he wanted to introduce her to Siwon. They went to a Starbucks cafe and waited for her arrival. After ordering the drinks and had small talks with his bestfriend, Siwon started to notice that Seunghyun's eyes began to light up when his gaze shift to the entrance of the cafe. With just a snap, Siwon immediately knew why his eyes begin to light up as it did. The special person that was and still is in Seunghyun's heart had just step foot and made her appearance in the cafe. In a swift motion, Siwon turned his back to look at the entrance and he noticed a familiar figure before him. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw who it was. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My eyes widened in shocked not believing who it was standing there, smiling warmly and waving her hands towards our direction.

"No, this can't be..." I mumbled under my breath; feeling a tat-bit worried of what was to happened next.

The lady was wearing a maxi white tule skirt with a black crop top paired up in heels and a black clutch bag. As what i had guessed, she has a long hair that pass her elbow. I didn't blink for the whole time, really not believing who i saw walking forward, closer and closer towards our table. When she reached our table, I turned to face Seunghyun. Seunghyun gave me a proud smile. He stood up and i followed suit. He, then, shift his attention to the lady that is by our side. He gave her a light peek on the cheeks. Her face turned pink due to her feeling shy.

"How was work?"

"It was okay. I just finished with a surgery and i am off duty till tomorrow." she said; ending it with an eye smile. Seunghyun too replied giving off his famous eye smile that made many girls drool over him. Believe it or not, despite his coming off as cold and his on point charasmatic looks, he is actually full of cuteness deep inside.

"Oh, before i forget, this is my bestfriend, Andrew Choi Siwon." He turned to face me, breaking his loving gaze from the lady and said. "This is my girlfriend, Tiffany Hwang Mi Young." 

Yes, thats the person that i tried my best to believe standing in front of me. Dr Tiffany was last seen before my eyes with Seungjun; Daniel, Sooyoung's husband and not Seunghyun, Top, my bestfriend. She was acting all close with Daniel and what seemed to me like she have a 'thing' with him. From the looked of it, their relationship is pretty close and its almost looked like an affair that Daniel had behind Sooyoung's back. I am worried that Seunghyun will get hurt again knowing that the girl that he's in love with is actually having a secret. A secret that will break him. She is having an affair with Daniel. Other than that, I am worried too if my guess was right, it won't only be Seunghyun that get hurt, Sooyoung and Yungeon too. I tried my best not to burst in front of them and blurt out what i saw at the hospital and at the wedding reception. I was even biting my tongue not wanting to say out what i think is going on with Tiffany and Daniel. Or to even interrogate Dr Tiffany on her relationship with Daniel in front of Seunghyun. Right now, Seunghyun is head over heels with Dr Tiffany and theres a high chance that even if i tell him what i saw, he won't take my words seriously. That will cause a misunderstanding in our friendship as well. What am i suppose to do? Suddenly, all of the thoughts that was running through my mind and that had started to process everything was being cut short as i saw a hand being offered in front of me for a handshake. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Tiffany. You do remember me, right?" She said will still wearing that smile she had once she step in the cafe. I collected myself and begin to regain my composure. I accepted her handshake and said, "Annyeonghaseyo, Doctor. Yes, I can still remember very well." I said returning a smile back to her and end it with an unnoticable smirk. Of course, I still remember her. I was trying to protect the scene that she had with Daniel at the reception from the view of Sooyoung. How could i forgot about that? We release our grip from each other and all three of us sat down on the seats of our table. Being a gentleman and a good boyfriend, Seunghyun asked Dr Tiffany what drink she wanted. In a flash, he got up to his feet and walk to the counter and ordered her drink. Once he left the table, an awkwardness could be felt in the air. Her eyes followed where Seunghyun went and I begin to look at my phone, trying to check for non-existing notifications. 

After awhile, Seunghyun came back with her drink and a coupole of desserts on a tray in his hands. He set the drinks and desserts on the table. Dr Tiffany thanked Seunghyun and started to have a bite from the cake before her. She even, attempted to feed a small slice of it to Seunghyun and he accepted it gladly. While munching the cake in his mouth, he pushed a plate of the dessert towards me asking me to eat it as well.

"Okay. So, when you said you "remember very well" what do you mean, Siwon-ah?" asked Seunghyun to me.

I was taken aback from his question i don't know whether i should tell him the story or i should just come out with something to say. After a short contemplation, I decided that till i get a concrete evidence that Daniel and her are actually having an affair and my guess is true, I'll just pretend that i don't know anything. I took a sip from my Americano and started to voice out.

"Oh, do you remeber when I was in the hospital the day before Kyuhyun's wedding? I was a patient of hers during my stay there."

"Really?" Seunghyun asked again but this time, he turned to look at Dr Tiffany. She just nodded and smiled widely while still enjoying her cake. I could sense suspicions by the tone that Seunghyun just gave off.

I decided to ask about something else, just to escape from more questions about the accident and my stay at the hospital. I was more terrified that i couldn't stop myself from talking about something that doesn't have an evidence to support it. 

"So, how long have you known my dear bestfriend Seunghyun here, Dr Tiffany?" I asked, in an attempt to change the subject.

She swallowed her cake before answering my question. 

"You can just call me Tiffany, since we're not in the hospital anymore and you are a bestfriend of my boyfriend here. That makes us friends too right?"

"Yes , thats kind of true, Tiffany-shi."

"I've known Seunghyun ever since i started working in the hospital that you first met me in. You do know that the hospital that you've stayed in for a few days belonged to the family of this bestfriend of yours, right? But at that point of time, we're just colleagues and acquitance after work and besides he was still together with his ex-girlfriend."

"Then, how and when did you get together and became an item?"

"After i broke up with Lisa, things were pretty hard for me even though we became friends now. I spend more time in the hospital and i'd always bumped with her at my favourite place yet to just calm my nerves when things were getting stressful in managing the whole hospital's business condition. We became closer and feelings started to grow." Seunghyun butts in with a sparkle in his eyes while talking about it.

For awhile, the conversation continued and i found out that Seunghyun and Tiffany-shi became an item after my meet up with him at Sunshine cafe and before i left again for my graduation in London. Which means that they were together even before the wedding of Kyuhyun and Seohyun. And that also meant that she does have "something with Daniel." I am going to find out about this. If its true, Seunghyun needs to know the truth. I don't want him to get even more hurt when he found out about it later on; when he's deeper in love with her. And I need Daniel to apologise to Sooyoung as well for cheating on her. He also need to take responsible for hurting his wife. I know its none of my business but how can i just sit still and keep quiet about something that will hurt the people that i love about in this case is the two close friends that i have; Seunghyun and Sooyoung. Plus, a small little person, Yungeon.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note;

i hope this will satify. I will write more soon. Maybe double update? hmm, let's just see about it okay? I know everyone is worried that the ending of the story is not going to be Soowon's happy ending but as of now, its still early to tell how the story might end. I just hope that you will bear with me through the whole storyline till "Holding Onto Her" chapters are completed. Maybe I am an amatuer in being an author and having this lack of writing skills but none the less, I want to give my best to the story. I want to start it well and end it well. 

So, I hope you'll like this one. I'm really thankful to those who actually, commented, read and subscribe to the "Holding Onto Her" because it makes me want to try my best to give a story that is not as cliche as it might get and also give a story that will make reading enjoyable because you can feel and understand what i am trying to convey through the view point of Siwon-shi. I also what to apologize to those who are feeling hurt in the heart because of the journey of the storyline that i made and came out with. The storyline might just came out as something thats different from what your shipping heart expected it to be with every updated chapter. I'll try harder next time, but just let me write a story that you've never read before since its my first fic. I really appreciate all the love that you've given to "Holding Onto Her" and I hope you'll continue to anticipate how the story goes. Thanks and i hope you enjoy this. Sorry for the flaws too and have a great day! :)