Chapter 26

Holding onto her

"Are you ready, Yungeon-ah?" I asked this little angel in front of me after buckling the seat belts of his car seat. He smiled widely while nodding his head. Today is Yungeon's centre family event. All parents are being invited to the event for a family day. I settled Yungeon first in the car while waiting for Sooyoung finish getting ready. 

"Oppa, lets' go!" I heard Sooyoung's voice;coming from the porch of the bungalow. I closed the back door of my car and turned. My jaw dropped low when i saw Sooyoung walking down the steps of the porch towards the driveway. The morning sunshine shone down on her and she glows. With the wind blowing onto her that made her hair move gracefully to the intensity of the wind. It felt so serene at the moment. I don't know what got into but i stood there, not moving and blinking my eyes at all. I was to awe strucked. She looked so beautiful even if she was wearing simple comfortable clothes for the day; just a plain white tee, red plaids and a pair of light distressed bleached jeans.

"Oppa? Why are you staring at me? Do i look weird? I can changed, you know..."

At the sound of her voice calling out for me, i got back to my senses and i blurted out, "N-no. You looked beautiful." 

"You are just pulling my leg right, oppa? I am not even all dressed up. Let's get going then." She said trying to stop her face from changing its colour. But it was too late, her face had already changed to shades of red. She was blushing. I got in the car as i saw her walking quickly to the other side to enter the car, looking down and avoiding my gaze. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh, Yungeon! You've reached!~" Ms Teo said smiling warmly to the child in my embrace. "So, these must be Yungeon's Mum and Dad. Hi, I am Ms Veronica Teo. Just call me Ms Teo. I am Yungeon's form teacher." I turned to face Sooyoung when the Yungeon's teacher said that I am Yungeon's dad. I don't know, it just felt right but wrong at the same time. Yes, its true that i've regarded Yungeon as my own son but being reminded that Yungeon's biological dad is out there somewhere. I thought that Sooyoung was going to object to what the teacher was about to say but she didn't speak out a word at all. She just nodded and smile to the lady in front of us. 

"Okay then, later we will have games which involved the parents as well. So, i hope both of yungeon's parents will participate as much and theres buffet, so, just go ahead and help yourselves." 

"Min soo!" Yungeon shrieked when he saw his friend in the crowd. I put him down and he went running towards his friend. Sooyoung and I followed behind. I decided to break the silence. "Sooyoung, can i ask you a question?"

"Yes, of course." She said while halting her steps and looking straight into my eyes anticipating my question.

"Why didn't you tell the teacher that i am not actually... Yungeon's real dad?"

She looked down to the ground. I could see that she don't know the answer to my question. I mentally slapped myself for asking a stupid question like that. Of course, it's already a partial truth. What's the point of objecting to the statement when i am yungeon's god-father anyway? "It's okay. You don't have to say it. Yungeon is like my own. So, i am counted as his dad anyway right. Just forget...."

I was interrupted in the middle of my clarification by her voice. "It's because i was hoping that for a minute i can pretend that you are Yungeon's dad. Not Daniel who left his son behind and not even calling home for once after many months of his departure. You are always there for yungeon when he needed his dad. Even when you're busy, you made time for him. I may not know where Daniel is but no matter how busy he is, he should have at least have the decency to call or text to just find out about how his son is doing. If i am given a choice to choose who is fit to become Yungeon's Dad, I won't hesitate to choose you... b-because.."

"I love you" She continued. I felt my heart skipped a beat hearing her sudden confession. 

"Sooyoung..."

"No, oppa. Let me finish, I know you don't feel the same way after all that i've put you through and i am sorry. I thought that i can ignore this feeling but it got worst when i saw how attached Yungeon is with you. I've fallen back in love with you. I know the circumstances are different now but i can't lie to my heart anymore." Her eyes began to be filled with tears with every word of her confession. She looked away from my eyes to the ground. A smile began to crept on my face. 

"Sooyoung..."

"I am not done yet, Opp.."

I don't know what got into me, i just pull her close and hug her in my embrace. Her long speech that she was about to continue stopped. I could tell that she was startled by my action.

"I love you too." I said to her. We pulled away. She wasn't blinking at all. I was getting worried because i expected her to react or just smile as a reply.

'I'm sorry for that hug. I thought its the only way for you to stop talking."

"Oppa, w-what did you just said?"

"I said that i'm sorry for the hug."

"No, oppa. Not that, the one you said before that."

"Oh, i said that i love you."

The silence crept in once again.

"Sooyoung-ah, I know that you are married to Daniel and you're now a mother. The circumstances are different, its true. But i, Choi Siwon, love you for god knows since when... If you were to give me a chance to make things right, i will not leave you and Yungeon like he did. No matter what my reasons maybe."

"Sooyoung, do you want to be my girlfriend once again?" She looked up to me and a smile can be seen. 

"I thought you will never asked." Our face was inches away from each other and i was sure that my heart was about to explode with firework of happiness at any moment. 

"Mummy!" Yungeon's voice pierce through the atmosphere and we broke our gaze to the little child running towards us with his arms wide opened. At that moment, i was sure that i was making the right choice. No matter what the circumstances were, I did make my choice. I did what i should have done years ago. Even though in the eyes of others, its wrong for me to be in love with someone else's wife and Sooyoung is wrong for being in love with a guy like me while her own husband is nowhere to be found... I did what Daniel should have done instead of leaving his family behind. I could feel the weight of my heart slowly becoming lighter with every confession that i've made. Maybe its true that your heart knows the truth of what your head was trying to hide all this while. My heart was holding onto her when my head told me to let go of her. I can't believe this, i can now freely say that i, Choi Siwon, Love Sooyoung without feeling heavy in the heart anymore. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's note;

There you go! I'll update soon. Sorry for the flaws.