Chapter 12

Holding onto her

~Previously on "Holding Onto Her"

Its been days after the wedding of Seohyun and Kyuhyun and both of the newly-weds are spending quality time together in Caribbean for their honeymoon. Siwon was getting all packed up once again to return back to London and hand in the last assignment that he had done way before the deadline and even before he came back to Seoul for his younger brother's wedding. After doing so, he took a rest for a while and reached out for the brown leather covered booklet that was left untouched ever since the reception. He found out about on how Sooyoung had fallen in love with her husband and how Daniel recovered. He also found out about Seunghyun or who is better known as TOP, his own bestfriend kept him in the dark the whole time when he knew the real reason to why Sooyoung had to break up with him and why she left him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in the airport waiting for my flight. I'm done with checking in for my departure and flight. My luggages too had been sent in. I decided to have my coffee while waiting for my flight like how i usually do. However, today was different. I decided to grabbed a coffee at Coffee Bean instead since Starbuck is full of people and there seem to not even have a table or a chair left for me at all. I guess i came for my flght during the peak hour. After ordering my coffee and some dessert, I sat down at the table near the wide windows of the cafe that is situated in the airport itself. I put my carrier down on the chair next to me. After a while, the barista called out my name, asking me to collect the coffee and the Warm chocolate fudge cake that i've ordered and paid for. After the collection, I sat back down to the place that i was at previously and began to enjoy every bite i got from the flavourable warm cake. I kind of got lost in the taste that when my phone started to bleep in the pocket of my pants which caused me to startled and dropped the dessert fork that i just lifted from the plate with some cake on it towards my mouth. Now, the cake that was on the fork dropped onto the table top. I sighed at how clumsy i was even when i am enjoying the food so much. I slipped my hand to my pocket and took my phone out. The bleeping stopped, so, i guess its a text then. I swiped the screen to unlock it and in an instant, my phone lighted up showing notification of a text message from 2 individuals. I pressed it and i found out that i've received a text message from both Seunghyun and Sooyoung. Sooyoung? Why did she text me? I was curious and decided to read her message first.

'Siwon oppa, I just found out about you going back to London today. Have a safe flight there and take care of yourself! All the best for graduation and thank you once again for everything. ~Sooyoung.'

Upon reading the words that had been sent by Sooyoung, I could feel that the side of my lips curled and deep inside, i felt a sudden warmness. Maybe, it the affect of being given a nice surprise after so long or maybe the warm chocolate fudge cake that is travelling through my digestive organs; giving of the warm feeling. I tried to typed out what i wanted to say for a reply. But i kept on deleting the words after finished typing it out as i felt that theres no words that could describe how i really and truly felt at that moment. After a full 10 minutes of contemplation, I decide to press the send button closing my eyes, fear that i would regret those words and changed my mind after.

I sent her, 'Oh hey, It's nice to hear from you. Thank you for the wish and don't mention it. Its really okay. I will take care of myself and you should too. Say hi to Yungeon for me and tell him that i'll meet him soon when i get my back here in Korea after the graduation. See you soon, Sooyoung-ah. Annyeong! ~Siwon'

I, then, exited Sooyoung's message portal and pressed on Seunghyun's one instead. 

'Siwon-ah, I know you are probably on your flight right now. I just want to wish you the best of luck for graduation and also to say congratulations to you for graduating. I want you to meet someone once to you set your feet here. I may have found the perfect candidate to be my wife; to be the wife of Choi Seunghyun. I can't wait. So, please don't forget to call me when you are on your flight back here. So, that i can pick you up, bro!'

As soon as i finished reading it, i started typing for a reply to him.

'Ya, Seunghyun! You said you aren't leaving Singlehood soon?! I should have known that you didn't meant those words you said the other day. Not especially when your eyes started to twinkle a little. So, much for not "having a candidate" when you actually had one in your mind already. Haha! I was just kidding. I am actually happy for you now. I just hope you'll find the right one. I will anticipate our next meet up. So that i can meet your special someone. I am actually curious. Don't sweat it man! I'll call definitely. Thank you and see you soon, Seunghyun!"

I sent the message off. I looked down to my watch and i saw the time. I have exactly 45 mins before the flight. I quickly ate the warm chocolate fudge cake and grabbed the coffee in my hand. I took my bag and walk hastily to the departure hall to get myself through the immigration. After a while of walking and waiting, an announcement was made and i made my way in to the plane. I found my seat. I didn't get my usual seat beside the plane window but i got a seat in the business class eventhough i've booked it at the last minute which means that i got the next seat beside the one beside the window. Its okay its the closest that i can get due to my forgotfulness to book a flight back. After every passenger in the business class started to settled down, i noticed that the seat next to me was still empty; the seat that is beside the plane window. So, i decided to move to that seat because i was certain that the person who was supposed to sit there is gonna missed the flight. In the midst of the silence and waiting for the flight to take off, my phone started to bleep again. However, this time is not a text but its a call. A call from mum. Since the flight  was not taking off anytime soon, i picked up the call. The usual mum call conversation took place. When i said the 'usual mum call conversation', i really meant THE 'usual mum call conversation. The one kind of conversation where by mum repeats the things she said and seem to take a forever to end. 

"Siwon-ah, remember to call me once you've reached London." "Yes, mum. Don't worry..." "Don't forget to eat too. I know you are nervous for the graduation and the marks for your final but even if you didn't get a satisfied grade its okay. You can still take over the family business. No matter what you are the oldest son between the two sons that i have." "yes, mum. I know. " "Siwon-ah, take care of your...."

Suddenly, i felt a tap on my shoulders. I tried to shake it off and i put my hand up towards the figure on my right side as gesture to ask the person to wait. Suddenly, I heard someone, cleared loudly. I felt something strange at the pit of my stomach. The kind of feeling when you've realized that you've just embarressed yourself in front of a complete stranger because that stranger isn't someone whom you thought  they'd be. But hearing my mum's voice on my ears, saying the same thing for the passed minute made me forgot about the feeling that i previously had. I looked up to the front view of the cabin, not bothering to notice the person by the side and say on the phone, "Mum, I'll be okay don't worry. It's not like it's my first trip to London. I've been living alone in London for 3 years, mum. Don't worry to much about me okay? I'll call you once i've reached London. Goodbye!" With that I put down my phone. All of a sudden, I felt the same tapped once again. This time i shifted my gazed to the owner of the multiple taps made on my shoulder, annoyed. I was ready to give a deathly glare to the person. At the same time when i turned my head to look at the person, a feminine voice could be heard. 

"I'm sorry. I think you are sitting on my seat. My ticket stated that i am suppose to seat at A11 and you're sitting on A11." She smiled.

I opened my mouth to say something but my mouth doesn't seemed to make a sound once our gaze connect. I was speechless and yet i have no idea why. The deathly glared that i planned to give, immediate fade away; failing to follow as per planned. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note;

So heres another one. I hope you'll like it. I am sorry to dissapoint those of you that expected Yungeon to be Soowon's son and not Sooyoung's and Daniel's son. I am trying my bestest to make this a storyline as good as possible with the best of my capabilities. So, i hope you enjoy this. I will update soon. Remember the story doesn't end here. There more to come and we have just passed the starting point of the marathon race. So bear with me. I hope i won't dissapoint you. Thanks for commenting and reading everyone! I'll update real soon.

Psst, who is the lady on the plane? who is the lady that Seunghyun- shi wanted to introduce? Is Daniel-shi really having an affair with Dr Tiffany? Will Siwon-shi be able to move on after reading the entries of the diary? Will Siwon-shi take over his family company as how his parents expect him too after graduating? Hmm, anticipate it soon.