Chapter 7

Holding onto her

~Previously on 'Holding Onto Her'

Siwon went to meet up with his childhood bestfriend, Seunghyun at the Sunshine Cafe. He later found out that he is not the only one who isn't getting married yet among all of his friends. Seunghyun too. He was thankful that Seunghyun broke up with his longtime girlfriend, Alice, in a peaceful manner and they managed to stay as friends till this day. Seunghyun doesn't have to go through the pain that he had went through when Sooyoung left him for another. They ate and talk about alot of the things that they've missed while Siwon was in London. When Seunghyun was being force to get back to the office for an emergency meeting with one of his family hospital investor, Siwon was left alone in the cafe. So, he decided to pay for the bill and buy a cup of take away Americano coffee. After which he went out of the cafe to get home. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

On the way out towards the car park, i noticed a toodler walking on the road to cross to the carpark with no adult assisting him. "Who is the parent of that boy? why leave him to play on the road? Isn't it dangerous? Poor baby.." I mumbled to myself. Out of nowhere, I heard a honk coming from the left. I was so shocked that i went speechless. I shifted my attention to the left and i saw an incoming vehicle, driving at full speed. With a direct instinct, I dropped my coffee and dashed towards him. In a split second, i quickly carried him in my arms. Suddenly, I could feel a dreadful pain on my sides. I was hit by the speeding car's side mirror. I lost my balance and i twirled to the ground with him on top of me. I won't lie though, the pain was excruciating. It starts on my sides and the pain spread to the upper part of my body. The screams and shouts of the shocked crowd previously became louder and more audible individually. I could feel people started to crowd around me. I tried to sit up but can't move a muscle. Suddenly, i felt a finger poking on my face.

I looked up and i saw the little boy's confused face. The cold finger that was poking my face belong to him. "Ah jussi... G-gwaenchanh-ayo?" He asked in a cute voice.

"I am fine. Are you okay, Little boy?" I asked worriedly.

"I am fine too." He smiled assuringly.

"Oh good." All of a sudden i felt my head getting heavier by a second and the pain getting more intense. I was sure i was not sleepy at all but my eyes was getting heavier and heavier. I heard a voice calling for someone to call the ambulance and I felt the little weigh on my chest being carried off of my upper body. The next thing i knew was  the voices of the crowd started to fade in my ears and my vision became blurry and suddenly, everything went pitched black. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-In the hospital

I felt a small light grip on my right palm. I regained my consciousness and i slowly opened my eyes. 

"Yungeon-ah. Don't disturb the uncle. Let him rest, arasso?" A female voice could be heard on my far right.

I raised my left hand to my head and clutched it for a moment due to the throbbing pain that i have. My vision which was blurry previously became clearer. Suddenly, "Nurse! Doctor! He's awake!!" I could hear the nurse trying to usher the voice and yungeon out of the room as they started to check up on me. 

"Sir, I am Tiffany. You just had an accident. Don't move too much first till the test shows that theres no damage was caused during the accident on your sides. It's for your own good, Is there any where else thats hurting?," The doctor said while checking my eyes with a small torch. 

"My head hurts abit... How did i get here?" while trying to sit up.

"You probably hit your head when you land on the ground just now. Later my nurse will give you some medication to take that pain away. If ever, after consuming the medication, your head is still hurting, you have to inform the nurses immediately. So, we can run some test again using the MR. And sir, to answer your question, the mother of the little boy that you saved brought you here."

"Where is he? Is he okay?"

"He is perfectly fine. You did a good job in saving him, sir."

"Don't call me 'sir'. My name is Choi Siwon. If you don't mind me asking, when can i go home?"

"Once the test is out and it positive that theres no damaged caused on your sides, you can go home, Mr Siwon. Alright then, i'll leave you to rest."

"Thank you, Dr Tiffany"

As soon as the doctor and nurses opened the door to exit the room, a small little cute person came running in. He flashed his big smile and begin to climbed the chair that was placed at the side of my bed. I remembered the face. Its the little boy that i saved earlier on. "Ah jussi, gwenchanh-ayo?" 

"Yes, ah jussi is fine." I smiled back to him. "Where's your mummy?"

"Mummy outside with doctor."

"Whats your name?"

"Lee Yungeon. You?"

"I am Choi Siwon. You can call me Siwon samchon. I would really appreciate it." Yungeon gave me a blank look. Ah, Siwon-ah. Such lengthy sentences for a kid who can't even form more than 5 word sentences yet. Way to go!

"How old are you Yungeon-ah?" He just formed 2 with his finger and showed it to me. "Wah, good job yungeon-ah."

In the silence of the room, a creaking sound of the door could be heard. I was sure that it was Yungeon's mother who had just entered. I didn't saw her face as my back was facing the door and i was preoccupied with playing cars with Yungeon on the bed. Suddenly, "Siwon oppa, gwenchan-a?" I freezed in my position. The voice was very familiar. In my heart, I was praying and hoping that its not who i think it is. "Siwon oppa?" This time, i know its really her. It was familliar not because i heard the voice before the doctor and the nurses came in. It was familliar because it was the voice that used to hear many years ago. I want to forget the voice so much but i couldn't. the memories of the voice haunts me everyday even when i rest my eyes for the night during the past 3 years. I felt a tap on my shoulder and i turned shifting my view to my left. It was her. I was really her. She was wearing a black sweater and a boyfriend jeans with heels. I saw the eyes that i was longing to see. I saw the face that i miss so much.

"Mummy!!" Yungeon exclaimed. With that, my thoughts were governed back to reality.

Wait. What?! Mummy? My heart sank deep. For a moment there, the pain that i was feeling on my sides was not as painful as compared to the pain that i felt on my heart. So, Yungeon is Sooyoung's son? Which means that I saved a child of someone that tore the living peace out of me?! With all of this, all my doubts that sooyoung is married with Daniel and probably become a mother of someone elses child now is all true. It wasn't just an assumption anymore, it is a reality. All of this is a prove that she is living a happy life with her small family and maybe its true she wasn't even thinking of me at all ever since she left the apartment; leaving me to pick up the pieces of the heart that she broke, myself. The thought of how broken i was, didn't cross her mind at all. When she rejected an offer for dinner when she came over the house the other day for the last touches of Kyuhyun's and Seohyun's wedding, saying that someone was waiting for her at home for dinner... I thought she did that and said that because she don't want to hurt me if we were to sit on the same table. I guess i was wrong, she really actually have someone waiting for her to come back home. And its not just someone but two to be exact. Yungeon and Daniel.

We could have it all. A life, a family, kids. We could have live a happy ending. But she left, deciding her own path without even considering me in it. Canceling every plans and making her own with someone else.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter. I had a hard time drawing out the car accident scene. I hope you saw the scene that is playing in my head when you read it. I am actually getting a tiny bit excited now that all of the 6 characters that i want to write about is in the story now. Hehe. I tried my very best and i hope its okay. Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting. I really appreciate it.