Chapter 28

Holding onto her

"Oh, Daniel shi... You're back."

I could feel my heart crack even more when i saw his arms around her shoulders. She was not reacting to it. She didn't push his arms off. There was no expression on her face. She just stare straight right into my eyes. I could see her eyes sparkled due to the tears. I just let a slight smile out; pretending that everything was okay. We sat down on at the couch in the living room. Sooyoung came back into the living room with cups of coffee on the tray. She sat on the couch opposite of Daniel. Yungeon was on still sticking to me. Tension and awkwardness was in the air. You can actually breathe it if you are in the area.

"Siwon shi," he began. "Thank you for taking care of my family while i was away."

I just nodded to what he was saying. My mind and emotions were becoming more tangled than ever. I just looked down to Yungeon who was playing with the toy that i've bought for him a few weeks ago. 

"I guessed while i was away, Yungeon had grown to be more attached to you, uh?"

I just keep my silence. "But now that i am back, you're free. You can continue your days like before..."

I guess he didn't know about Sooyoung and me. I guessed Sooyoung hadn't told him yet. Daniel shi, how could i just let go of the people that I've fallen in love with for more than a year? You left and i took over. You gave up on them expecting me to take your place and now that you're back you want to take them away and expect me to be fine with it? Those were the words that i couldn't say. I just shift my view to the right, looking at Sooyoung who was staring at me with guilt in her eyes. 

"Daniel shi, I have to get back home now. There is something that i have to get done before tomorrow." I announced while standing up to leave the scene. My heart was hurting so bad that Sooyoung did not react the way i thought she would. Suddenly, Yungeon's voice could be heard again calling out for me, "Siwon Daddy, are you going home already? Siwon Daddy, is not tugging Yungeon to sleep tonight?"

I looked down to him and said, "Yes, Yungeon. Now, that Yungeon's real daddy is here, Daniel Daddy will tug Yungeon to sleep at night, alright?"

"Yungeon wants Siwon Daddy to tug Yungeon to sleep not Daniel Daddy."

"Yungeon..."

Suddenly, daniel squated down and made Yungeon face him. He said, "Yungeon, Siwon Samchon have something to do. Daddy will tug Yungeon to bed tonight alright?" He emphasized the word 'Samchon'. I guessed he didn't like it that Yungeon began to regard me as his dad when he was a way.

I carressed his hair as i heard him sobbing; not getting things his way. I walked out of the living room and out of the front door as fast as i could. I was afraid if i were to stay a second longer i might not be able to stop myself from hugging crying Yungeon. 

"Siwon oppa!" I stopped my pace as i heard Sooyoung's voice. I turned to the porch, she was panting probably because of the fact that she was chasing after me when i walked out of the living room. 

"Siwon oppa..." she said again.

"Sooyoung-ah... I've understood. You don't have to explain. He's back and you've accepted him again. I know." I said in the most calmest tone that i could. I was standing in front of the door of my car previously, walked towards her. 

"Sooyoung..." I could feel a sudden choke on my throat; trying to let the words out. I was crushed and i can't deny. When i was standing just a few centimeters away from her, i began again. "I came here to actually give you this." I took out the silver ring box that was in my pocket ever since the start of the day. She looked down to my hand. 

"Oppa..." Her eyes was filled with tears. She was in disbelief of what she saw in my hand. 

"Yes. I was about to propose to you today. I was about to proposed to you on our 4th year anniversary more than 4 years ago, on the day you broke up with me... A-and today, you are choosing him once again when i want to propose to you. I guess, we're never meant to be." I said, trying to contain my emotions. A tear selflessly, escaped from my right eye. "I don't know why its always going to end up like this. I am not going to ask you to make a choice because i know whatever it is... Its always going to be Daniel. Daniel is Yungeon's biological Dad. You'll never want Yungeon to grow up confuse on who is his dad. I got it."

"Oppa, stop..." This time i closed my eyes, trying to concentrate on drainning her voice from my ears.

"Sooyoung, I love you so much and i know that you love me too. But i've been hurt for too long. Again and again, my hopes, plans and heart been crush by events thats happening." I took her hands in mine. I put the ring box into her grasp. "Sooyoung-ah," I breathed in, trying my best to stop the tear. I pulled her close and our lips crashed. At that moment i was hoping that time would stop. We broke apart, eyes still locked with each other. "I'll always love you but jebal... This time please let me go..." I said to her. The tears that she was trying to hold back for quite sometimes, just flow down non-stop. At the sight of that, I let go of her from my embrace and i turned back towards my car and i drove off from the driveway. I could hear, her calling out for me but i just ignore it. Its hurting me as much as its hurting her. I glance back to the rearview mirror, she tried to chase after my car but she stopped half way and dropped to her knees. I saw it. I saw her crying. 

Years ago, I was in that position in the apartment trying to make her stay. She was the one walking a way choosing him. But now, I was the one that was walking way from our relationship. She is the one who is left crumbling. I know she will choose him once again now that he is back. I didn't want to hear her saying it. That's why i said it first; making the choice for her. I left my heart with her when i put the ring box in her hands. I stopped my car at the side of the road. I put my head on the steering wheel. i could feel hot tears escaping one by one out of my eyes. My heart was hurting more as i let go of the tears. Suddenly, my phone started to ring. I wipe the tears away from my face. 

"Hyung! How was it?" He said in a hype tone.

"K-kyu..."

"Hyung... Where are you now?!" The hype tone changed to become a worried one when i tried to called out his name and said that i didn't manage to follow as per plan. Its as if he could sense something wrong when he heard my voice.

Less than half an hour, he came in his car and stood next to me by the river.

"Hyung.." Kyuhyun pulled me into a hug. We broke the embrace. 

"Hyung, gwenchanna.." I said while nodding; letting out the small smile on my lips. I told him everything and he was shocked to know that i was the one who made the choice to walk a way. I took out the rose in the passenger seat and throw it away in the trash bin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Sooyoung's POV

"Siwon Oppa!" I called out his name while i was chasing after him toward the front door of my house. 

I wanted to explain everything. I found out that Daniel left because he found out he had cancer once again but his document was being switch with another patient. He went to US for a check up to search for other alternatives to get well. He even made his parents lie for him but when he found out that he was not even having any illnesses, he wanted to get back here. At that moment, he had a huge accident. He had been in the hospital for more than a 5 months; under intensive care and he nearly lost his ability to walk that explains why he was using a walking stick. And that too explains why he was not in the office at all ever since he left. When i found out about it, I realize that no matter what happened, no matter what he said, this heart of mine was not beating for him like it used to. I was not worried at the sound of his voice when he told me that he had an accident. My thoughts were flying off to Siwon oppa, instead. I was much more worried about his reaction. I wanted to make him stay so that we can explained everything to Daniel after Yungeon fall asleep but he was one step ahead of me. I was startled when he walked towards me, not saying any words. He stopped in front of me when he is a few centimeters away from me. 

"Sooyoung-ah... I've understood. You don't have to explain. He's back and you've accepted him again." He said to me. I saw the hurt in his eyes. I asked him to stop talking numerous times but he just continue, not wanting or letting me redemed myself. Out of the blue, i saw his hands taking out a silver box out of his right pocket. Somehow, without him saying anything, i knew what was in the box. He was going to propose today. I couldn't help but tears started to flow out of my eyes. There was a mixture of shock and pain on my chest. He was hurt once again because of me. He pulled me and our lips met. It felt so right but wrong at the same time. It was as if this heart understood that it will be for the last time. And i was right when we pull apart and i saw it in his eyes. The pain in his voice. I could literally hear the cracks forming on my heart after every word he said next. "I will always love you... but Jebal, This time please let me go..." A tear escaped his eye. With that he turn his back on me and walked off in his car. Not looking back towards me when i called out his name. He made a choice for me when i have already decided on mine. I tried to chase after his black audi but my knees buckled and i lost my ability to move forward. I lost my will to just say another word. I was devastated even more when I looked down to my palm. The silver ring box that he gave me before he left me kneeling and praying that he would just listened to my explanation first. I opened up. I saw the ring. It's his late grandmother's ring. He was about to propose to me but this time, its final. He left me like the way i've left him for Daniel years ago. This time he made a choice. A choice that i didn't. He was broken and so was i. My tears then became unstoppable. It flows down and i was not even planning to make it stop. I was left in pain; In pain of a broken heart. It was too late for me to mend this mess. He left me and Yungeon.

Daniel, why is it among all the time that we have in the world.... You have to get your home now? 

Oppa,... Mianhae.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note; 

This is it for today. I 'll write again tomorrow. Thanks for reading and commenting.