Picture

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She’s very pretty.” Kwonho teased Taemin when they got home. Taemin turns his head to Kwonho and smiled proudly.

Suddenly, Jongin appeared behind Kwonho.  Jongin holds Kwonho’s shoulder on both sides then lays his head on Kwonho's back.

“Jongin-ah! Wae?” Kwonho turned his head to Jongin.

“This is so cruel. Guys.  Krystal…” Jongin sounded as if he’s crying.

“What? Speak up!” Kwonho turned his head.

“Krystal treated me like a slave. I carried all of her shopping bags. I told her I’m not an octopus!” Jongin shouted.

“Stop being so childish! Krystal is always like that.” Taemin glared at Jongin.

“You don’t know how much I suffered today!” Jongin lifted his head shouted.

“You don’t know how funny Taemin was today!” Kwonho suddenly said.

“What?” Jongin turned his head to Kwonho.

“Hey shut up!” Taemin left them in the front door and sat in the sofa.

“Anyway, where did you go?” Jongin points his finger to Kwonho and Taemin.

“We went to the grocery store, since we don’t have anything to eat.” Kwonho explained.

“You’re right. Christmas is getting nearer yet we don’t have any food.” Kai was about to move forward but Kwonho held his shoulder.

“Before you go, please pay twenty-thousand won for the grocery.”

“Aissshh…” Jongin grabs his wallet in his padded jacket. Then suddenly, he sees Taemin laughing silently by himself, sitting like a child in the sofa, biting a cushion.

“Why is he acting like an idiot?” Jongin wondered and turned his head to Kwonho.

Kwonho gave him a smile.

>< 

“Aigoo… It’s so cold outside. So cruel.” Eunji just got back home from her work. She places her boots in the shoe rack near the door.

“Unnie, welcome home.” Naeun greeted her while she was drinking her coffee in the dining area.

“Did you go somewhere else?” Eunji asked and went to the sink to wash her hands.

“Christmas shopping with Hayoung.”  Naeun pulled the chair and sat.

“Oh yeah. I already did that last month. Did you enjoy? ” Eunji dry her hands in the kitchen towel and pulled a chair.

“Yeah, we even went to the old meat shop we used to visit during middle school.”

“Ah.. yeah, I know that. I remember my classmate named Taemin, he orders a lot of meat like you. But you’re more of a monster than him. Anyway, I’m so hungry. I haven’t eaten anything.” Eunji opens their fridge and took out a small casserole that contains the chicken soup she made yesterday. She places it in the table and suddenly asked Naeun whose eyes are in deep thoughts.

“You seemed lost?” Eunji wakes her senses.

“No, no.. I just.. I saw Hayoung and her boyfriend today.” Naeun revealed.

“And?” Eunji smiks.

“Her boyfriend fetches her in the subway, and possibly took her home. He even carries all of her shopping bags. And I saw some high school students do that too. They have… the look of love.”

“You’re jealous?”

“No, no, it’s not that, well, kinda..it’s… It feels warm? I can’t explain. I’m so amateur.” Naeun bit her lips.

“Well..let me tell you a story.” Eunji said while nodding.

“You’re dating story? I know you dated a lot of guys unnie.”

“No, this is different..." Eunji gulped.

"My first experience happened in middle school. He’s the classmate of Jonghyun sunbae. He’s also friends with the boy I told you who orders a lot of meat.” Eunji crosses her legs.

“Waa, you dated a guy four years ahead of you?” Naeun asked.

“Yup, he’s a high school senior and I’m a middle school student, we started as friends, then that friendship grew to love.” Naeun can’t help herself but to listen whole-heartedly. She tilts her head and supports it by her right hand. Eunji continues.

“We barely see each other even though we’re both in Cheongdam, but we always make time, like meeting in the park, meeting on weekends. He took care of me well when we were dating. Like you just saw from Hayoung, he carries my school bag, fetches me from school, treating me like a princess..”

“Then, what happened? Why are you not together?” Naeun wondered.

“He left. He went overseas to study. He still wants to continue but since long distance relationship is a no-no for me, I let him go. ” Eunji sighed.

“Do you still like him?”

“No. I mean, I don’t know. I was too young then. I’m fifteen, he’s nineteen….I still remember his smile though.”

 

>< 

 

“Oppa! Open the door.” Krystal pressed the doorbell and knocks on the front door. Kwonho and Jongin stops playing Xbox 360. Taemin left his room and opens the front door smiling, like he really is expecting Krystal.

“Come in.” Taemin closed the door immediately. He followed Krystal in the living room and sat in the sofa.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter