Burning Hearts

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji suggested to Naeun to go home because she thinks that even if she explain her side to Taemin she don’t think he will listen since he’s really in a very bad mood. Naeun agreed and Minho offered to take her home along with Jinri.

While they were in the car, Jinri noticed that Naeun was staring into space, looking outside the window then she noticed her glassy eyes and even witnessing the first fall of her tear.

Naeun quickly wiped it with the tip of her fingers.

When Minho stopped the car because of the red light, Jinri immediately pat his shoulder and made an eye contact, then she put her index finger near her eye and wiped it down to her cheek, signalling Minho that Naeun is crying. Minho nodded.

“….Don’t worry about it. He just need to cool his head.” Minho suddenly said to cheer Naeun but she didn’t respond.

“Yes.. you can solve this…. It’s just a misunderstanding… you will be ok. Don’t worry.” Jinri added while looking at Naeun but she just smiled at her and wets her lip.

They reached the building and Minho immediately left. Jinri kept glancing at Naeun who is still quiet even when they reached the apartment.

“Naeun-ah.” Jinri called her and she stopped.

“If you need someone to talk to.. I’m just here.. My ears will definitely listen.” She said and Naeun turned to face her.

“…thank you.” She nodded and then suddenly tears came. She started to breakdown, burying her eyes in the palms of her hands as she cries heavily.

Jinri immediately hugged her and pats her back to comfort her.

“Sssshhh.. it’s ok.. it’s ok…..you and him will be ok.. don’t worry.. he can’t stay mad you.. he loves you… I know it…. Because… when he was in Japan… you’re the only one he thinks... he love you… so don’t worry.” Jinri said.

 

>< 

 

After Naeun left along with Minho and Jinri, Eunji and the others can’t help but to think about what just happened. All of them were thinking deeply. Staring into space. Not saying any word to each other. Until Kwonho breaks his silence.

“Chincha… What are we going to do now? Taemin is really different when he’s angry.. How can Naeun handle him?” He said and wipes his face.

“I don’t know.. maybe Naeun will just stay quiet, letting Taemin do the talking.” Eunji said.

“Taemin oppa is uncontrollable. I saw him once when he got angry to his hyung, but kinda childish at that time…. But today… he seemed scary…” Krystal said.

“I’m really worried about Naeun, even though what she did was wrong. I’m worried because Taemin can’t really control his feelings. He can raise his voice while talking to her.” Jongin said.

“Don’t worry about that, Taemin loves Naeun more than anything in this world. So don’t worry.” Suho said.

“And that Myungsoo guy, he can’t keep his mouth shut! If he didn’t meddle, things will go well easily!” Kwonho yelled.

“True. He keeps butting in!” Jongin pouted.

“You two, since you’re living with Taemin, don’t meddle in their problem, siding him or siding Naeun will make things worse. Giving advice is ok, but meddling is not.” Eunji said to them.

“Of course.” Jongin nodded.

“They will be ok.” Suho said.

 

>< 

 

He still performed well after the incident. But it was different. He was not enjoying it. His eyes were like flames of fire. It was burning. Like, if you look at them, it will surely burn you.

He got off the stage and went to the bar. He was sitting alone and he even ordered a bottle of liquor.

He poured it into the shot glass and drunk it straight. He was just staring into space, and he continued to drink. Suddenly, he receives a text from Eunji.

 

We’re going home now. Naeun already went home with Jinri. Minho took them home.

 

He placed his phone in the table and poured the shot glass again and drinks it. Then the female DJ came, she sat beside him and she looks.

“Why are you drinking here alone? Your friends already left the VIP room.” She said. But Taemin didn’t respond and didn’t even look at her. He was just drinking, filling the shot glass and will drink it straight.

“Are you… ok?” She said.

Suddenly Taemin’s eyes’ quickly looked at her without moving his head. Then he faces her. He seemed tipsy and looking red.

“For example….. you’re my girlfriend…. and you’re going to visit me…. You’re stuck at some place… you can’t ride anything… bus, cab… anything.. because they’re all full.. or occupied..... and the traffic is really heavy since it’s rush hour..... then there’s this guy who you just met… but still a total stranger… offered you a ride on his motorcycle…” He said and he looked away and gulped.

“Will you accept it?” He continued and turned his head to look at her.

Minah’s world paused for a second as Taemin was looking straight at her, anticipating her answer.

“I’m asking you... answer me.” Taemin said and she came back to her senses.

“…of course not!” She frowned.

“How can I accept a ride from a total stranger? That’s ridiculous! I’m not that naïve.. or innocent…or gullible! Of course I will consider your feelings! Imagine, hugging that guy at night when I already have you?!.... chincha…” She said and shakes her head. She even flapped her hands to her face as she felt a sudden hot.

Taemin looked down and nodded.

“…right.. you will not accept his offer.” He said.

“Of course! That girl did the wrong thing!” She looked in front and shakes her head.

“Because you’re not Naeun……you’re not my girlfriend.” He suddenly said. Minah slowly turned her head and looks at him.

“You’re not innocent like her…. you’re not naïve like her….” Taemin continued.

She gulped and bit her lip.

“Yeah… but still….. it’s really wrong, right?” She said.

“…Well….knowing her….. she just did it to see me…… but still.. of course…it really upsets me….it upsets me because….. because I love her… I love her………”

What do you expect? Or course… he loves her… Minah sighed.

“I’m sorry for asking you that question….I’m sorry.” Taemin said and he brushed his hair using his fingers.

“It’s ok…” She said and Taemin continues to drink.

Why am I feeling this way? …… Why I want him to be mad at his girlfriend? What am I really expecting? She thought while looking at him.

After he finished drinking, he pulled himself in the stool and paid the bartender.

“I better go.. See you on Wednesday.” He said to Minah and then he left her.

And then she suddenly call him.

“Taemin-sshi!”

He turned and wondered who called him.

“If you need someone to talk to… I’m just here.” She said.

Taemin just smiled at her and then he left.

Why did I do that?... My body.. it’s disobeying me.. But… I think.. it is also what my heart tells me…

I don’t want to admit it but… I think… I’m in love with him..

“Minah-sshi!” The bartender called her.

“Wae?”

“Is this yours?” He handed her the cell phone that was left in the bar.

Are the heavens.. helping me? She accepts it knowing it is Taemin’s

“De..” She said to the bartender and smiled.

“Don’t leave your valuable things unattended.” The bartender said and she nodded.

“It’s already dead.” She said when she tried to open the phone..

 

>< 

 

It’s Tuesday morning, the day has just begun. Naeun was already awake but she still doesn’t want to rise up from her bed. She was holding her phone. But she can’t seem to call ‘Myeong-cheong-ee’ as she was afraid of what might happen.

Eunji and Jinri sat on the bed and patted her back to wake her up.

“Naeun-ah.. aren’t you going to school?”

“…. I’ll go…of course… I need to..”

“Are you calling him?”

“I’m afraid…What if he doesn't wanna talk to me?”

“Call him. Tell him to meet you tonight.. maybe you can go to his apartment right afterschool, so you two can talk.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter