Just Because

It's Fate: A little thing called Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She can’t stop smiling from ear to ear seeing Taemin’s morning surprise. A greet through newspaper was really something she never think would happen to her adding up his sweet birthday message that made her eyes teary and made her heart flutter.

He really knew my birthday…

She wiped her tears then she grabbed her phone to call him.

“The number you have dialled is either unattended or out of coverage area please try your call later.”

“Maybe he’s busy in his class.”

She did call Eunji, Jinri and Krystal to share her happiness with them, but no one answered her. Naeun pouted and thought it is strange for them not to pick up their phones.

“It’s strange….Even Jinri who is on a vacation left the apartment early…”

After eating her breakfast, she immediately went to her room and placed the newspaper and the bouquet on her bed. She smiled and left the room to take a bath since she needs to go to school.

When she was about to leave the apartment, the old lady neighbour called her. 

“Naeun-ah!”

“Oh, eomonim. Annyeong-haseyo.” She bowed.

“I didn’t know that today is your birthday. I happened to read the newspaper. Your boyfriend is so sweet. Happy Birthday!” the old lady said.

“Kamsahamnida.” She said while looking so shy in front of the old lady.

While walking through the bus stop, some people keep staring at her. Suddenly a petite couple appeared in front of her and greeted her.

“Happy Birthday miss!” The guy said while holding the morning newspaper.

“Kamsa-…kamsahamnida.” Naeun was so shy. She doesn’t know if she will respond to them or not.

“Your boyfriend was so sweet, I wish this guy is sweet too..” The girl beside the guy said.

“Yah! Gain noona, I’ve always been so sweet to you. You’re the one who’s not sweet! Ahh… miahne. Anyway happy birthday!”

Naeun just smiled to them and she continue to walk. When she crosses the street, there’s a cute couple walking behind her while eating sweet potato, the girl whispers to her boyfriend.

“Yong, she’s the girl in the newspaper.” The girl said while making a glance at Naeun.

“Really?.... Miss!” The guy called Naeun and she turned to them.

“De?”

“Happy Birthday! We just happened to read it. Happy birthday!”

“O-… de…Kamsahamnida..”

Because of Taemin oppa’s public greeting, even strangers are greeting me…

When she finally reached the bus stop a mature looking couple with foreign features keep glancing at her. Naeun was just biting her lower lip, then she looked at them and she smiled. The lady waved her hand and smiled at her.

“Your boyfriend was so sweet Happy Birthday!” The lady said.

“Ahahaha… Kamsahamnida.”

“You’re much more beautiful in person. Happy birthday.” The guy said.

He’s so handsome… Naeun smiled shyly to the guy.

The bus came and she gets in. She did receive greetings again from strangers. She can’t talk to them properly since she’s really not use in talking to people, especially when she doesn’t even know them.

I have received a lot of greeting today, because of Taemin oppa’s public greeting… It’s really a happy day for me…… This is the first time I got to talk to a lot of people….. aahhh… Taemin oppa….

She reached Shining Star Kindergarten with a bright smile on her face. The school guard greeted her and she thanked him with a smile. She went straight in the faculty and found Namjoo and Hayoung standing beside her cubicle desk. She made a fake cough while standing behind them. When they turned to her, the two girls suddenly screamed.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAA!”

Naeun immediately covered her ears and close her eyes. Namjoo and Hayoung shake her by holding her shoulders.

“Unnieeeee! Oh my God! We read the morning news! Taemin-sshi's so sweet!” Namjoo said.

“Unnie! I wish Dongwoon oppa can do that to me! We have been smiling here from ear to ear!” Hayoung giggled.

“Komawo…. You don’t have to scream that far, you’ll bother the other teachers.” Naeun places her black shoulder bag in her desk and sits.

“But still! So....so sweet. Newspaper greeting….his sweet message… God! It’s killing us!” Namjoo said.

“Yeah, yeah.....I didn’t even know that he will think of surprising me like that. I didn’t know that he knew my birthday……… And I think he did that because…. he’s so busy today.”

“You mean, he’s not going to see you today?” Hayoung asked

“He does havemorning and afternoon classes and later he’s going to start working in another club.”

“Aww.. but still he did a great job.”

“Yeah. Of course. I really really wanted to call him and say my thanks but I can’t reach him. I think he’s busy since he’s a graduating student.”

“Maybe he’s busy doing something…” Hayoung nodded.

“Yeah, well I’m going to the classroom now and wait for the kids.” Naeun said and she left them. Hayoung and Namjoo both bit their lips while looking at Naeun from behind. Suddenly Namjoo received a call.

“It’s him!” Namjoo said to Hayoung and she answered it.

“Ehm…yeoboseyo?....... She just went to the classroom. Yes… of course... we didn’t say anything… arasso..” The phone call ended and she sighed.

“I need love life. I really need love life!” She yelled.

“Otokke! How is she going to react if she sees it?” Hayoung said.

“Of course! She will cry…she is Son Naeun afterall.” Namjoo smiled.

 

>< 

 

Naeun went to classroom and found that no one is still around when supposed to be the kids are excited to enter the classroom since they love their music and art subject.

She sat and read the curriculum that she made for her students. She sighs and keeps looking at her watch. 

It’s strange, the kids should be coming one by one by this time…

After thirty minutes, the kids finally arrived while peeking in their classroom. They were smiling and giggling while looking at their teacher. She finally noticed them and stands on her seat.

“Why are you aren’t coming here? Something’s wrong?” She said.

“Aniyo. Hey, let’s go!”  Yoogeun called his classmates and they all enter the room one by one.

“Good morning songsaengnim.” The bowed and greeted her with a smile.

“Good morning.” She said.

“Pretty teacher is really pretty.” The little boy said.

“That’s why she’s pretty teacher, duh?” the pretty girl said and flips her hair..

“What’s with the compliment? It’s strange…Why is that all of you came on the same time?” Naeun asked.

“Because a hyung-” the other kid said but Yoogeun quickly covered his mouth.

“Sshhhh..” Yoogeun glared at the kid.

“Wae? What is it? Who’s hyung?” Naeun asked them. Yoogeun wets his lip and breathes.

“The guard hyung!” He said.

“Guard hyung?”

“Yes! He said that……. we should go together at the same time, so that….. we can have a good fortune.” He said without looking at her teacher.

“Oh…… ok. Let’s start learning a new song today ok?” Naeun smiled at them.

“DEEEE!”

Naeun taught them a new song called Butterfly. The children were actively singing the song while she plays the piano. Her smile shined brightly, seeing the kids cheerfully singing with her. She find it strange today as she noticed them cooperating well with her, when usually some of the kids were not that cheerful singing and learning a new song.

The bell rang and the children acted as if they really wanted to continue singing.

“I want to sing more.”

“Me too.”

“What kind of breakfast did you eat for today? I know you like my subject, but today….” Naeun became suspicious

“Because Valentine’s day is coming.” Yoogeun said.

“What?....... Anyway, recess time! Fix your things first before eating your snacks. Ok?” She said. The children giggles and all of them left the classroom.

“Wait! Where are you going?” She said and she peeks outside to see the kids but they all disappeared.

She came back to the classroom to fix her things, then suddenly the kids came back knocking the door.

“Where did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter