Chapter 27

Blood Love [HAITUS]
2WgzpYd.jpg
Chapter 27
So hey guys... As you can see, I made a poster for the POV thingy... is it good????? maybe not... 

There are not enough words in the English dictionary to say that I’m sorry for not updating for so long. I really beat myself (mentally) to get this done.

oh and if you're kind of don’t like the font just tell me in the comments section below. I'm just trying new stuff.

love is a beautiful pain

 

"Who are you?" I ask with instinctive protection just like an animal would when another animal trespasses its territory. 

The man's face is tainted with shock as soon as those words left my mouth. He looks over at Kevin, who seems equally as shocked as the guy in the doorway, well; Kevin seems to be more of the discovery shock like he found something bad.

"Soo, please wait for me." Kevin walks towards the tall dude and drags him outside.

Who is that dude? Like how can he just do that? Barge into people's room like that. Anyway, is he Kevin's friend that I have never met? I shouldn't expect Kevin to introduce all his friends to me, I mean look at me, I have one friend and I haven't introduced her to him myself yet, though she already introduced herself to him. Or maybe Kevin is just telling him that he got the wrong person and the wrong room.

The door creaks open and my body instantaneously tenses up when that person slowly walks inside along with Kevin. 

''Ah... I'm sorry about the intrusion earlier. I’m Kevin’s friend. Well, his wing man to be exact. The name’s Park Chanyeol,” the guy introduces himself, sitting down on the spare chair.

Calm down, he’s not dangerous. But my body won’t tense down. It’s like it’s not even my body.

“I’m Jung JunSoo; Kevin’s girlfriend.” It still feels weird saying ‘girlfriend’ out loud. And my body still haven’t tense down yet.

His face didn’t show signs of surprise at all. It’s as if he already knew that, well, Kevin probably introduced me to him earlier. But this guy looks at me as if he knows me. Suddenly, his eyes are clouded by anguish. But, what is he regretting for?

Right after our short exchange, the room falls into silence.

“I probably should leave now,” Chanyeol announces, standing up, which made his joints pop. Oh my God, the struggle of being tall, I know that feel all too well.

“Yeah, I know right, being tall has its disadvantages.”

Did I just speak out loud? Whatever, who cares?

“It’s nice meeting you.” I wave at him, he went and so did my tensions.

“So, how’s life?” I ask Kevin, just having some small talk for now.

“Great, but you know that you’re my life now. So without you, it’s a little hard to breathe,” Kevin replies. Cliché much.

“Yeah, you know before you came, I had this crazy dream and—” A pain like a sharp, hot knife pierces my skin interrupts me.

Fire starts to crawl inside me; burning me, I never thought that this burning will ever come back. I gasped; trying to inform Kevin of the pain. He calls my name with anxiety weaving in it, which worries me to death. Kevin seems to know what is happening to me. I heard a loud thump and it didn’t come again. I’m not dead. I know that because I’m still breathing, even though it’s not normal. Black, just like how ink spreads, invades my vision, signifying me that I’m about to black out. Using all of my remaining strength, I search for Kevin’s hand. Calmness and comfort gather in me as I held onto his hand. 

I look into those eyes, those warm brown eyes as it closes, forcing JunSoo into an unconscious state.

I’ll find the person who did this to you. First, it was GD, but he said he’s with us. If he’s lying to us, then everything will make sense. But he’s not; Kiseop confirmed that his group is our ally apart from Daesung. This is so messed up.

My hands slowly went under her body and lift her up. In one swift movement, I climbed out the window and sprint on the roofs. Running on the rooftops of skyscrapers, I thought back to the small ghostly girl from before. Her smile seemed so evil, as if she is planning something. She may be the one causing all of this… I’ll have to look into it.

Without thinking, my feet run towards the dark mansion in the forest on the outskirts of the city. The mansion is GD’s base; I still haven’t registered where I’m at. I frantically kicked the door, running where my nose allows me to with my mind screaming GD.

I probably screamed his name unconsciously because he’s standing in front of me, looking puzzled. His eyes slowly divert to Soo in my arms and he instantly grabs for her hand.

“What happened to her?! Soo!”

“Put her in a coma,” I whispered, looking down at her peaceful face.

Kevin, what are thinking?! Putting her into a coma does nothing.

“What?” GD loudly exclaims, shock clearly evident in his tone.

I walk inside the living room silently and place Soo on the huge couch.

“It’s to protect her.” There I stand, still waiting for her to twitch, sigh or move. But I know that she may never be able to do those things.

“From what?” GD’s voice only above a whisper, shock abducted from his voice.

“From her, the previous Queen.” My fists balled up and ready to hit something within y range.

From my peripheral vision, GD stiffens as soon as I mentioned her.

“Just, please, put her into a coma or eternal sleep where I am the only one to wake her,” I plead.

After our little discussion of Soo’s little condition, we headed to another room for guests and the things that follow it, like, tea.

“Take my place. I do not want them to be sad,” the voice echoes. It sounds like a female on the verge of death.

Sadness swept over me. The feeling of grief clings to me. I somehow know who spoke to me. Her soul has passed away, but she has given her body to me. Memories flashes at me as I try to register what has happened.

A blood curling scream filled the silent night. And the darkness of night finally covered my eyes.

I felt cold. There are people crying. Why are they crying? Did someone pass away?

“Eleanor, you told me that we will go to the old man’s candy shop. We need to hurry or he will miss us,” a high boyish voice choked, sniffling in between words.

Valentine, my little prince?

“Please look after him. I know he will miss me very much if I wasn’t here.”  The same voice I heard after my blackout says.

“Valentine, she is gone,” a female voice said. Her voice cracked on the ‘gone’.

I’m still here.

The crying intensifies after that last statement.

My eyes open up to a brightly lit room with the curtains drawn back, revealing the sun. This room feels like the Elizabethan era.

I know what I need to do now, thank you, Eleanor.

“Mother?” I called. My voice, it sounds different. It’s higher pitched. I should’ve expected it.

Gasps of pure surprise and gladness fill the room as I called out, and everybody in the room runs towards me.

“Eleanor, my darling,” her voice seems so glad but that was short-lived.

“Halt, Mistress Parker.”

At this, I cease all movements.

Kevin?

“I will need to check her pulse and confirm her revival.”

 He grabbed my wrist and placed two fingers on it and counted five seconds under his breath.

I waited, the anxiety making it seemed like an hour.

“She has a regular heart beat,” he confirmed.

The breaths that were held in room were released as everybody now knew that I am alive and well. The doctor walked away to let my family see me.

“Oh, Eleanor, you scared us to death,” my mother said, with gladness in her voice. She hugged, but made sure not to do it too hard.

“Now can we go to the candy store?” Valentine begged, looking at me with puppy eyes.  Don’t do this to me, Valentine.

I nodded and his face was filled with joy as he jumped. I laughed at his silliness.

“It’s so good to see healthy again, my daughter,” my father said, taking my hand and patting it in comfort.

“What happened to me?” I finally asked after all of the greetings.

Everybody’s eyes were suddenly painted with discomfort.

“I’ll talk to Miss Parker,” the doctor inserted after the minute silence.

Everybody took that as their cue to leave.

“If you want anything, please ring the bell,” my mother instructed before closing the door to leave the doctor and I alone.

“What do you want to know first?”

“How was I murdered?”

Based on the memory that was shown to me, I think Eleanor was murdered.

“Well, it was a male. He stabbed you multiple times on the chest and arms and then your heart. I think he missed because if he didn’t miss you wouldn’t be here.”

Oh, doctor, you got it all wrong.

He slowly leaned closer and whispered in my ear, “I can catch him for you if you want. But there is a condition.”

I swallowed the pile of saliva down and whispered, “What is the condition?”

“You’re to become my bride.”

What the hell? Who the hell does he think he is?! Sure he looked like Kevin but this is not the Kevin I know.

My hand unconsciously slapped his face as the sound of it echoed across the room. He reached for his right cheek and held it as he stared at me, shocked that he got hit.

“My ity is not for anyone, especially for a person like you who thinks that women are small people to pick on,” I retaliated with pure hatred and it probably stung him like oil popping from the heated pan.

He laughed. He ing laughed. And that had my anger to overflow.

“Get out!” I yelled, fuming already.

He stood there, looking at me with those eyes.

“I said get out, you monster!” I repeated myself and threw an object that was on the table next to me at him. Of course he easily dodged it because I was sitting on bed and that made me lose a bit of strength to throw it.

He walked to the door and just as he opened it, he looked back at me and smirk. Argh! I just want to get his little head and bash it to pieces!

My fast breaths slowly decreased to a steady pace.

“I’m sorry about the doctor.”

This is Eleanor voice.

With the knowledge I replied, “It’s okay, I was simply protecting you.”

Silence followed and settled in, well, until a small box on the dressing table next to the door started to move. Other objects also moved, as if they are rearranging themselves.

“I can never thank you enough for what you are doing,” she finally said, breaking the silence.

“No, don’t say that,” I whispered, Eleanor sat on my bed, well, I can’t really see her but the dent on my bed indicated that she’s there. I looked at her painting (which is technically looking at myself) as if she’s there. I thought it would be better to look at it then the dent on my bed.

“You know, my mother and I never really had a great relationship. My parents always force Valentine to do things that he doesn’t want or like and they would hit him for disobeying them. There were many times where I would scream at them and threaten to take Valentine away from them and live somewhere else, somewhere far away, far away from them,” she explained.

My tears that I tried to hold back from her speech spilled as I remembered the memories she gave me. Valentine was beaten with a stick which is held by my mother. I remembered screaming at her and grabbed his hands to pull him away from her. We would always go to the candy shop down the road and meet the old man there and have a little talk. Sometimes I would tell him what is going on in my house.

“I want you to correct our relationship. Hopefully, she recognized the pain she caused through my death,” she said, interrupting my train of thoughts.

I slowly wiped my tears away and sighed, its not like I’m stressed. It’s just that I sympathize her. She went through so much pain and so did her brother.

“I’ll do it, you and your brother deserves to be happy after the pain you went through.”

“Also, forgive the doctor, we used to be in a relationship but something happened that caused him to grow distance. And know that I will be by your side to help.”

I nodded my head at this. I probably should give him another chance.

“She said get out!” a really high pitched voice shouted at the door.

That little is still here?

The door slammed opened and the doctor and Valentine stood there, having a staring competition.

“Valentine,” I gasped, as I leaned around the doctor and saw my little brother, and little bit shocked that he would come here with the doctor when I finished talking with Eleanor. I really hope he didn’t hear our conversation and the other one too.

After the doctor glared at Valentine he quietly mumbled unintelligent words to himself and left us alone.

 “Why were you yelling at him?” Valentine asked right after he left.

“It’s not for young ears to hear,” I replied with a sigh.

Seems like Eleanor left.

“Valentine, can you please give me my mirror?” I asked with a cherry voice, trying to change the intense atmosphere.

 He quickly looked around and spotted my small mirror on the ground. That must be the object that I threw at the doctor. I hope it’s not cracked.

“You’re lucky, big sister. There’s no crack in it.” He just made me so happy.

“I am lucky,” I said, whipping non-existent sweat on my forehead.

He handed me my mirror and I proceeded to look at myself.

I screamed so hard, horrified at the mess on my head.

“What happened?!” Valentine perplexed, looking around to see if anybody heard that.

 My hair. I probably shouldn’t have screamed like; it’s an overreaction but my hair was like a bunch of bird nests just glued together.

I heard footsteps running towards my room. I looked at the door, praying that it was just my imagination. And of course it wasn’t, the door swung right opened and what seemed like a hoard of people running to me. My mother seemed to take the lead.

“What happened, Eleanor?” she practically screamed in my face, touching my forehead and my hands.

“Mother, it’s okay. My hair is a little messy is all,” I said calmly and restricting her hand from moving.

She started to laugh and so did everyone. They weren’t laughing at me but at their overreaction. 

“I’ll take care of it,” I announced, grabbing my hair brush on the bed side table. But I was stopped by my mother’s hands.

“Please, let the maids and our hair stylist take care of it.”

We have a hair stylist?! Just how rich is Eleanor’s family?!

I mumbled an okay and just let everybody leave but the maids and the hair stylist.

The maids’ dress are black with white lining on the edges of the dress. They all looked so pretty with their hair up in a bun. The only male in the room had a brown suit with a white undershirt; casual and simple.

The maids moved me out of bed to the wooden floor with my bare feet and to the dressing table next to the door and sat me down. I looked at my dress that I’m wearing, it’s just a knee-length pants and a tight vest on my torso. The hair stylist soon flung out an apron like blanket and tied it behind my neck. He slowly organized his utensils for my hair. The hair stylists face is so young and pretty. I guess he’s twenty-five.

“How would you like your hair, My Lady?” the male asked with so much energy in his voice. His hair is so smoothed out, like, any modern guys’ hair, combed on one side. Why is it so hard to describe hair? Why don’t I know these type of things?

“I would like it to be fish braided from the sides and tied with another fish braid at the back,” I answered, hoping he get what I was saying. I’m just using my imagination.

“Simple and elegant. That style suits you a lot,” he commented. Smiling at me through the mirror.

I smiled back to let him know I appreciated that comment. He slowly started to fish braid my hair on the side of my head. It didn’t hurt like I expected it to be, he’s so gentle like he is touching a baby. The maids walked everywhere, trying to help the hair stylist. They brushed my face with something; it felt cool to the touch. And put some red lipstick on my lips. I never really use make-up. Apart from that one time where Mirae forced it on me. Now that I think about it, I haven’t seen much of Mirae. She must be busy.

Suddenly, a knocked on the door made the hair stylist stop and open it. The door revealed another man. He looked just as young as the hair stylist but more fashionable; suit and all with the word formal and handsome written all over him. The hair stylist seemed to have glared at him. Are they rivals? He completely ignored the hair stylist and knelt in front of me with one knee on the ground.

“My Lady, Mistress Parker has called me to dress you up for the day,” he informed me.

His voice was so smooth and husky. I think Miss Eleanor is single.

“Get up, umm…” I started to say, then I remembered that I don’t know his name nor the people in the room.

“Alexander Hamilton, My Lady,” he introduced himself and getting up. And my, my, this guy is so tall.

I nodded and grinned at him, trying to hide my embarrassment. He smiled back, showing all his straight teeth.

“Anyway, please wait until we are finished with our Lady here, Alexander,” the hair stylist said, mentioning him to sit on the chair that the maids placed it on the far left of the room, far away from me.

I kind of like their rivalry, it’s so funny to watch two people fight over something so small. The hair stylist asked the maids to braid my hair while he does the make-up. He applied a white powder like substance on my face and when he reached near my left ear, he blocked the view of Alexander from my peripheral vision.

“My Lady, you need to be more careful when you are around Alexander. He is known to play around with ladies. Of course no one knows that,” he whispered, warning me. I now get why he blocked Alexander.

My cheeks seemed to have a mind of their own as I felt hot from it.

“Also, my name is Earl Smith.” His voice sounds so honey-like, sweet and y.

I slowly nodded and fiddled with my fingers on my lap. I feel like this has something to do with their rivalry. Their competing over me? Nope, that shouldn’t be. Besides, why would they, anyway?

Ten minutes passed and I looked at myself in the mirror. And beamed at the person gawking at me, which is Alexander by the way.

“I look so pretty. My lips are so red, it contrasts with my white skin,” I complimented myself. Moving my head from side to side to see which angle is where I looked the best. 

“Thank you, Earl. Your hands are truly magnificent,” I praised, beaming at him which made him blush from his ears and cheeks. He looks so cute when he blushes. I just want to pinch his cheeks as if he’s a child like Valentine.

“My Lady looks so elegant, like a butterfly in the sky,” Alexander commented, gawking and holding my hand in his. He slowly brought his lips on to it.

“If you’ll please, come right this way,” he directed, gesturing to the another set of doors next to my bed.

He still held my hand and led my into a room so spacious, almost double the size of the other room. In there are rows and rows of flowing dresses with many different colors. The sun hitting the dresses through the window made it even more beautiful. He let my hand go and I stepped forward, in awe of the designs of the dresses. Alexander walked off, maybe to pick out a dress for me. I looked around the room, noticing the windows and wooden floor.

“May I suggest the Elegant Butterfly,” he offered, holding a crème long dress with lingerie lined at the hip of it. The dress has no shoulder straps. It’s not big like the rest of its kind, but a little bit bouncy and smooth.

“Goodness, Alexander, this dress looks so beautiful,” I said, touching it so gently, afraid that my hands might ruin it.

“The Elegant Butterfly is the first dress I’ve ever made,” he said, looking at the dress happily.

“Oh, then I shouldn’t wear it. I might run it,” I backed out, stepping backwards.

“No, My Lady, this dress was made especially for you,” he continued to insist that I wear it,  stepping forward and holding the dress.

I looked at him, trying to persuade him that I can’t wear it. He ignored me and walked to a wall with bells dangling from it. He pulled a rope for one of the bell and the door opened. Two maids came in.

“What do Our Lady need?” one of the maids asked, bowing to show their respect.

“She needs to put into this dress,” he replied for me. Look here, Alexander, I might ruin this dress, like trip on it or something.

The maids nodded their heads and walked over to us. Alexander looked at me, giving a it’s-okay look. I hope it’s going to be okay. He hand the dress over to the maids gently and left the room.

“My Lady, please follow our instructions.”

I nodded my head and eyed the dress. It’s not like any other dresses in the room. It has a little bit of puffiness on the sides. The lingerie pattern is so unique like snow flakes and fragile too. It’s not too fancy but elegant. Just like its name, Elegant Butterfly. Small, fragile but elegant. 

The maids slowly put the dress on me, making sure to not hurt me and ruin the dress. After a long time of fitting it on me, I looked into the mirror. And right on that moment, Alexander arrived and gasped dramatically.

“My Lady, none shall compare to you. The Elegant Butterfly indeed.” His eyes widened. He patted the dress down and smooth it out. He also added a red ribbon on my neck.

I giggled at his exaggeration. No guy can exaggerate better than him or maybe he’s just being nice. He guided me through the doors to my room.

“Oh my, Lady Parker. What a sight,” Earl praised, putting down his equipment to look at me.

Some of the maids giggled behind me as his reaction; he almost tripped on a flat surface to walk to me. I almost laughed so hard. But I smiled as I tried to contain it.

A sudden knock made the room silent as everybody waited for me to answer.

I coughed to get rid of the remaining laughs and asked, “Who is it?”

“Valentine.”

“Come in, Valentine,” I said quickly, a bit excited for him to see like this. Once in while I should dress up.

The door slowly opened and Valentine slipped through the ajar door. He stopped as soon as his eyes laid on me. A smile slowly made its way to his lips. Earl and Alexander bowed their heads. Valentine singled them to lift their heads.

“You look very pretty, sister. Prettier than any other girls I’ve seen on the streets and parties,” he stated, making that annoying redness to come back and expose me.

Keep in mind that he is short twelve years old, not a tall five year old, JunSoo. And I am Eleanor. And his older sister who is seventeen.

I laughed behind my hand at his statement. He’s so cute when he wanted to be.

“Why are you here, Young Master?” Earl questioned Valentine. 

“I’m here for Eleanor. She said that she will take me to the old man’s candy store,” he answered, reminding me of that promise.

“Let us go then, Valentine,” I said, walking towards the door.

“Wait, My Lady, you need a hat for it is sunny outside,” Alexander opined.

He went into the closet and stayed for about five minutes until he come out with a white hat and a pair of white, glittering shoes. He walked to me and knelt down to fit the shoes on my feet. Luckily, the dress it not long enough to touch the floor. The shoes gave the dress an extra shine. Next was the hat. The hat was a small top hat, which is so cute, and it doesn’t hide the beautiful hair that Earl braided. At least Alexander is giving Earl a bit of credit.

I gave a little peek at myself in the mirror at the dressing table and thank the Heavens for such great guys to help dress. If I did this myself, God forbid, it would be a disaster. A maid held an umbrella that is pink which matched to my attire and handed it to me.

“Come on, let’s go,” I announced, stepping to the bedroom door and using the umbrella as a waking stick. Valentine walked beside me.

The maids helped me walk down the stairs to the entrance of the house. The chandelier made the walk shiner. I touched the wooden stairs and it was so smooth as a rock in a creek. My other hand was being held by a maid who was so pretty, her big brown eyes always has that reassurance in it.

“Eleanor, wait,” the voice from the time I woke up echoed at the entrance of the ho7se.

“Yes?” I turned around and the dress my mother is wearing almost out shined mine. Well, it’s not like this was a competition or something.

“Here is your purse,” she said, a change of pitch that is really noticeable.

I received it and smiled at her, “Thank you, Mother.” This is a great start for this relationship.

She lovingly shouted a goodbye and closed the door behind us. The doorman guided us, well, more like me who is wearing a dress, to a carriage with a white horse. He opened the door for us. I thanked him before I want on after Valentine. Valentine also gave the driver the directions to the candy shop. I sat at the back where I can see the streets in front of me.

“I hope the old man hasn’t forgotten about us,” Valentine wondered, jumping a little on his seat.

I smiled back to assure him that the old man didn’t. I still don’t know who was this old man, but presume that he was a nice old man, a person who you can counsel with.

I looked outside my window and noticed that many people are staring at our carriage, even their eyes followed it. Why are they staring? Is it the design of it? Probably.

“Our family is of noble class,” a female voice whispered. And there is no other female than me It’s Eleanor.

I looked around to know if Valentine heard her. Doesn’t seemed like he heard her; he continued to fiddle with his fingers and constantly looking outside. I’m sure Eleanor knew that I heard her because she gently patted my hand, which is on my laps.

“Are we there yet?” I wondered out loud, straining my neck to look pass the window in the front.

Right after I said that, the carriage stopped, causing me to be flung out of my seat. Thankfully, Valentine stopped me just in time before I could ruin anything. The driver jumped down from his seat and ran over to our door and opened it.

“Here we are, my Lady,” he announced and extended his hand.

I reached for and he avoided my eyes. Slowly, I walked down the steps onto flat ground. My eyes focused on the shop in front of me. It’s small but cute. In fact, it’s so cute, my heart can’t handle it.

“Oh my!” I squealed, the five-year-old that is buried deep inside me came out.

“Eleanor, you forgot your hat and umbrella,” Valentine tried to pull me away from the level of excitement that I may never get to experience again.

I heard a loud laughter that I think came from the driver.

“Oh, I forgot,” I said quickly and ran to the driver and gave him two gold pieces that I had in the purse Mother gave me.

He stared at me in confusion.

“Here, take it. Eat till your heart is satisfied,” I told him, closing his hand with the two gold pieces.

“What is your name?” I asked him, just so I know that he heard me.

“Edward Hart, my Lady.”

Just to give a description of him. He has messy blonde hair which looks so handsome on him, sharp jawline. Blue eyes like the deep ocean and really tall. Almost like Chanyeol.

“Well, Mr. Edward Hart, take the pieces and come back in two hours.” I smiled and for some reason patted his head, which I had to do on my toes because Eleanor is short.

I felt a nudge as if someone poked me angrily. It’s probably Eleanor. I cracked a smile.

I turned around in my heels to Valentine who was holding my hat and umbrella. I thank him and placed the hat on my head and held the umbrella. Valentine led the way as he opened the door of the store. It’s so cute. If the store was a person, I would squish their cheeks and hugged them until their say they can’t breathe.

“Welcome back,” an old raspy voice greeted us.


Hey, I'm back. I just wanted to say that you are more than welcome to comment anything that is bugging you, no matter how small. Critisism are really welcomed!! :D