Chapter 25

Blood Love [HAITUS]
XSYKOTICA
Chapter 25
*Kevin's POV*

*Kevin’s POV*

“What?! What happened to her?! Where is she?!” I started to throw questions into my phone to the person on the other side.

“Just calm down, Kevin,” Chanyeol said, trying very hard to make me calm, which is just barely working, barely scratching the surface.

“You think I can calm down after the danger you put her in?!” I shouted, my hand tighten on the steering wheel from the overpowering anger coursing through my body.

“She just suffered a damage to the head and some knife wounds, she’s being treated in the hospital,” Chanyeol told me, still trying to calm me down.

“Kevin?” I heard in the background as I tried to absorb what I just heard. I could barely hear her voice.

“JunSoo?! Soo, are you okay? Who did this to you?” Words started to fly out of my mouth instantly when I heard her voice.

“One at a time, Kev,” she said, her voice sounded like she’s tired.

“That can wait, just rest for now,” I advised. After hearing her voice, my rage went right down.

“Okay.”

I heard some shuffling of the phone being passed to Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol, in five minutes I’ll be at the hospital and in that period I want you to tell me what happened and who did this,” I said very seriously, my eyes straight on the road.

I narrowly dodged a car and a red light when I heard Chanyeol sigh.

“Just to tell you, I was unconscious just about the whole time,” he said.

I honked the car in front of me to hurry it, “That’s okay, I just need to know who did it.” My tone never wavering.

“A guy just like you but with dirty blonde hair and red pupils,” Chanyeol replied a hint of disgust evident in his voice.

“A vampire…” I immediately fell into thoughts of possible suspects.

Dirty blonde. Red pupils. Any vampires with permanent red pupils are trackers…

A few seconds passed before I shouted, “Daesung!! He’s a tracker. But it’s impossible, he’s with us.”

The view of the hospital finally decided to show itself to me, I quickly said, “I’m almost there.” And I hung up.

I quickly parked the car and entered the hospital doors to the reception in one swift movement.

“Jung JunSoo,” I impatiently said, drumming my fingers on the counter.

“Room 14 on the 10th floor.” The receptionist pointed to the left.

 

⇔♦⇔

 

Just a few more steps to Soo, just a few more.

“Soo!” I called out as soon as I opened the door revealing JunSoo and Chanyeol chatting with each other. 

My arms started to reach towards her into a hug but Chanyeol just had to slap my arms away.

“Doc said no one can touch her until tomorrow. It might reopen her wounds,” Chanyeol informed, frowning for some reason.

“Too bad,” Soo finally said something after I arrived here.

A few minutes of silence while I stare at Soo. I sighed when the moment was up.

 “Soo, I need to tell you something and what I’m about to say is completely true,” I said, my voice dropping down an octave.

The atmosphere instantly dropped dead, like a shot rabbit.

She tried to sit up but I stopped her in fear of her well-being.

“The person who did this to you is called a Tracker in our terms and yes he’s a vampire. And as far as I know about them, they… they don’t stop till they get what they want, in this case it’s your blood,” I told her. My voice softened towards the end, hoping that she didn’t hear that last bit. But considering how quiet she is right now, she probably heard it.

“Don’t they come in groups? This one was on its own,” Chanyeol butted in, giving me a weird look which I gave back too, telling him to not tell her who it is.

“They usually do, but I don’t know about this one,” I replied, sitting down on a chair, holding onto Soo’s hand that has no IV drips sticking out.

A minute of silence spread in the room with Soo falling asleep and Chanyeol and me trying very hard to avoid eye contact.

“They don’t stop till they get what they want,” Chanyeol quoted me, looking right at me with his arms folded; he seems to be thinking so hard about something, something of importance.

I closed my eyes to think of solutions to help Soo not get in danger again.

“We should take shifts of patrolling around the school,” his suggestion broke the long lasting silence.

I lifted my head in acknowledgement of his idea. “Since we have two weeks of nothing and you’ll have plenty of time to sleep and hunt or eat and have some time with your partners slash mates. So, yeah the idea’s through.”

Silence came back to drown this room again; Soo’s breathing filling the gap of Chanyeol and me, it wasn’t until a nurse came in with a folder did we feel interrupted.

“Umm, Miss, may I see her folder?” I asked, flashing my killer yet angelic smile at her.

I heard Chanyeol scoff in the background but that didn’t stop me from knowing what injuries she has and her medical information.

“Don’t worry, I’m the Director of the Medical Department,” I added, reaching out my hand to her.

“D-Director?! I-I’m sorry for not recognising you, I never thought you were this young!” the nurse stammered, immediately bowing low to show her respect and handing the folder to me while looking at the ground.

“It’s alright; I just need to see her records.”

This is a true story. I am the Director of the Medical Department. Since the time I tried to commit suicide, I changed my name several times so my name right now is Kevin Woo.

The nurse immediately ran off to see another patient as the buzzer calling for help rang.

“Now let’s see, Jung JunSoo. Age seventeen, weighs fifty-seven kilograms, no medical disorder. Severe injury to the head, no fatal brain damage, two knife wounds on each arms,” I read out loud, frowning as the list goes on.

“That bastard, I’m gonna rip him in pieces,” Chanyeol said, the air around him seems to be shivering as if it can feel the anger from Chanyeol.

“Don’t Chanyeol, she probably doesn’t want that.” I looked at Soo and held her hand as if it’s a fragile thing to me.

My ears caught the sound of rushed footsteps heading towards us along with heavy breathing.

“Chanyeol! Are you hurt?” Beakhyun shouted, almost hitting me with the door just before I telekinetically stopped it.

Chanyeol immediately covered Baekhyun’s loud mouth, muttering about Soo catching up on her sleep.

“Idiot, can’t you see you’re in a patient’s room?” Chanyeol asked rudely to Beakhyun, hitting him on the head.

“Sorry.” Beakhyun rubbed his head and giving out a hurt expression for everyone to see.

“Anyway, the only thing you can do to help her is be my right wingman and protect her with me, cause knowing Soo, she probably made someone spill the beans on why we don’t get along. I don’t want her to be a mental breakdown trying to figure how to make us get along,” I explained, still holding her hand tightly, rubbing it smoothly with my thumb.

“How about Jun, you know my cousin? The new kid; he can be your left wingman, he’s close friends with Soo,” Chanyeol suggested, holding hands with Beakhyun too.

 

⇔♦⇔

 

“How’s Soo?” Xander immediately asked as soon as I stepped pass the door to answer his call.

“A few cuts and bruises, smashed her head on a rock, nothing too major says me,” I answered into my phone outside in the hallway. I did some examination on her after the ‘Protect Soo in case’ operation talk with Beakhyun and Chanyeol.

“Oh, I hope she’s okay. At least she won’t have to miss school. We still got some days and a week left. I’ll visit her tomorrow,” Xander said, worried.

I suddenly feel terrible, like the guilty terrible. I’ve should’ve went with her. Just to keep an eye on them. I went back in JunSoo’s room and sat down on the chair, my head in my hands.

“Hey, Kevin, it’s gonna be okay. I got some of his clothes; maybe I could track down where his group’s―”

“No, don’t. Let them be,” I interrupted, looking at her pitiful yet peaceful face.

I caught Beakhyun staring silently at Soo as if in guilt too.

Let’s just wait and see who will make the first move. I stared down at my phone, thinking whether or not to make the call to Jiyoung, my rival officially, to tell him that Daesung won’t be coming home forever. Then a thought came to my head.

“Did you burn the body?”

“Oh…oh no!!! Ah, this is so bad!” Chanyeol yelled into his hands, realisation hitting him hard. Beakhyun didn’t move nor blink an eye.

I gotta admit, I’m a bit disappointed but can’t blame him. He’s just a rookie, but that doesn’t stop my anger from over flowing.

“Goddammit, Chanyeol! He’s gonna come back and get her and kill her for good,” I talked quickly, thinking about all the chances that he can get to Soo.

“I can’t believe what I have done!”

“Chanyeol, it’s okay, everything’s gonna be okay,” I heard Beakhyun whispered getting over the distress that he was in before. He kept whispering that same sentence over and over again, hugging the giant to comfort him.

“Yeah, it’s okay, Chanyeol. I can figure things out with Xander,” I said.

It feels weird… helping or getting help from another kind different from you. I just suddenly don’t despise them anymore, the wolves. I probably understand them a bit. Their affection for each other is quite admirable to me. I envy them so much.

“You guys go talk to your leader about the situation.”

I decided to stay here for the night, just to make sure that Soo’s fine and is not suffering a major injury. I sat there, still holding her hand and I know that her hand would be cold because of me but that doesn’t stop me from wanting to let go.

My phone vibrated in my pocket as the sun set in the distance.

“Hello, Xander.”

“I’m coming instead. I’ll be there in three minutes,” Xander said, already hearing people shouting at him. He sounded so urgent and serious.

He hung up after that really short conversation.

“What am I gonna do now?” I asked myself, running my hand through my hair.

Tick. Tick. Tick the clock goes as less than a minute I heard the muffled footsteps on the smooth surface of the hospital.

“Kevin, I heard what the wolves said. Kris and Suho had a chat with me, which I think, was pretty hard for them, but you can’t blame them. Anyway, we need to devise a plan and you have to come back for that,” Xander said, taking quick glances at Soo on the hospital bed. He seems to be sorry about what happened.

“But JunSoo, she needs me right n―”

“I know, but you, no, we need to protect her now. She’s your future to protect,” Xander ended the conversation and dragged me out of the room without struggling against him.

Something just hit me.

We could put her somewhere, and try to lead them away from here by wearing her clothes and possibly looking like her. That way we can get rid of them… but we can’t let her know what we’re doing. The others can patrol around the city and mountains.

“We need to go now, Soo. I hope you can understand why we are doing this.”

“Discharge her tomorrow morning. Make sure to not give her any antibiotics, but give her oranges, they’re all in the fridges,” I told the nurse who came in just in time for me.

 

⇔♦⇔

 

The wave that clearly murdered my nose, almost knock me down (K.O) to the point where I might as well run away from the source or spray heavily concentrated deodorant or that scent thingy.

“Kevin, I’m so sorry! I should’ve gone with her, I’m so sorry!” Jun immediately ran to me and knelt on the ground, his head buried into the floor.

“Hey, it’s okay. It’s nothing too major,” I reassured him, this is like talking to wall now.

“I’m so sorry!! I’m sorry!!” he repeated every time I try to touch him… I mean to pat his back.

“Okay, tell me everything I need to know about anything, and I’ll forgive you,” I said, just to get him to stop apologising. I don’t really want him to tell me anything related to Soo; I want to figure it myself.

There was a moment of pure silence.  

“Really?” he looked up at me as if he’s lost in my gaze.

“But I’m really hoping none of them are related to Soo. Maybe you can give me some hints along the way.” I held my hand out to Jun. Don’t misunderstand. And he walked towards his room.

I walked to the living room and lazily placed myself on the couch. Nothing passed through my mind at that moment. I don’t know why. It’s Just blankness. It’s like this blankness is the black hole personally made for me. I don’t know what’s causing me to be like this.

“Guys, come gather in the living room! We have…” Xander started to announce but not until he saw my state, “…A few things to discuss.”

I didn’t think that the incident with Soo could affect me so much, it’s like a bomb with every detail of everything that happened hit me, and I couldn’t handle it. Oh, how easily little things can break me.

“EXO’s coming over, so behave. I don’t want people to drop out of this plan,” Xander commanded, just like we’re his underlings and of course we are. . .

Everybody groans at that little piece of information. Apart from me, I have this respect for Chanyeol, it’s like deep down I feel this connection with him. It feels like the sun and the moon can be friends, sharing the sky together at one time kinda feeling.

The couch groaned against the weight as we wait for the arrival of the wolves.

“Actually, I’ll personally them to our dorm, since I’m the one who suggested this,” I offered, getting up to out of here when Jun wants to tag along with me.

“Want to see your boyfriend?” I sarcastically asked, just so I can provoke him to not come with me. I just don’t want him to spill everything to me, you know.

“N-no. What the hell?” Jun retorted and flinched.

“Just kidding,” I chuckled; I continued to walk toward EXO’s dorm.

“I just want to thank Chanyeol for being there with Soo.” he said quietly,  his face seems so thankful, as if nothing can wipe that grin off his face, not even me and my words.

I don’t want to disturb his little moment, so I’ll just walk away.

“Hey, Kevin, wait up, I don’t like to be alone you know,” Jun told me, running to catch up with my human pace.

The walk to EXO’s dorm was silent as the vacuum in space, just Jun’s heart beating as loud as it could and the faint scent of his fresh blood spicing the air around me. Just like the humming of a mother to her child. A hint of his fresh red liquid lingered in the air around me. (If you guys forgotten, Kevin was bitten by a vampire who drinks human blood (you know when JunSoo got kidnapped by GD on their date) he can’t turn back into a vegetarian, he can only stay as a vampire who drinks human blood).

No, Kevin, you have a mission. You’re not like that. Don’t think like that. Do it for JunSoo (do it for the ⱴine, anybody?) just get EXO and think that Jun is a wolf. Jun is a wolf. Jun is a wolf.

“Umm, Kevin, are you gonna knock the door or…?” Jun asked, breaking away from my inner peace.

I was on it as the door almost smashed into my face if it wasn’t for my powers. A short dude appeared, my eyes cannot deceive me, and this guy is short as. What’s his name anyway? SoHun? SoHe? It’s somewhere along those lines.

“Oh.” His nose wrinkled with disgust followed by several groans behind him. Disgusted by my appearance and smell, yeah, I know how hard it is for them as it is hard for me.

He shook his head to focus at the task at hand and plastered the almost perfect-cover-up smile ever.

“Sorry, please come on, Kevin, Jun,” Suho invited us, opening the door wide.

I don’t why but I suddenly have this… this feeling; the fearing-for-something feeling. I don’t know why I’m getting this kind of feeling right now. It ran up my spine, going into my unmoving veins, electrifying my icy skin.

“N-no need, we’re just here to you guys to our meeting,” I told him, stammering from that forbidden feeling.

Ugh, get your head into the game, Kevin; don’t look weak in front of the wolves. At least don’t screw up your first impression.

“Oh yeah, we were just about to go. Guys, let’s go!” shortie said, shouting out the last bit obviously.

Hey, don’t pull that face at me; it’s not my fault that I can’t remember every single one of them. JunSoo’s the only one occupying my head. Omg, that’s so cheesy.

Everybody filed out one by one but Chanyeol stayed with me, BaekHyun, Shortie and that tall guy with the angry bird kinda look followed with many seconds of hesitation. And I want to have a say in this, it is very much as awkward as it can ever be. BaekHyun doesn’t seem to be happy to be standing next to Chanyeol. Maybe it’s just me, they could’ve went into a fight, you’ll never know. I don’t know, something just doesn’t seem to click together.

“Alright, let’s go,” the tall guy announced, breaking my train of thoughts.

Everybody started moving together like a herd of cows.

“You seem to be confused, Kevin. What’s the matter?” a quiet approached me, one that I can’t recognized.

I turned around to see who spoke to me and obviously I know it’s one of the wolves.

“Hello. I don’t think I’ve introduced myself yet. I’m lay or Yixing. It’s very and truly an honour to meet you, Kevin,” he said, taking my hand, bowing.

I seriously don’t know what to say about that action from a creature like him. It’s so bizarre.

“I-it’s nice to meet you too, Lay,” I answered back, bowing too.

“Now, I need you to be honest with me, Kevin, what is worrying you?” Lay asked seriously, instantly shooting down the atmosphere, yet his voice is as gentle as a feather’s touch.

“Umm, how do I put this? Well, are you guys – well, more specifically Baekhyun and Chanyeol in a relationship?” I’m taking this as an opportunity to satisfy my dying curiosity.

And silence held its breath.

“What kind of relationship?” Lay tried to elaborate, walking to the speed pf my pace.

He must be oblivious to kind of things, I’m pretty sure.

“Like… the love kinda relationship.”

“Oh. That’s just a game between us members. We made a game called ‘Cards of Fate’. We randomly draw out a card together and we have to do what the cards says and if there’s another member with the same card, they have to do the task to card says. Chanyeol and Baekhyun in this case, got the ‘One Week Lovers’ card.” (I made that game up. It’s kinda like King of Cards; it’s a Japanese card game.)

That’s probably the longest speech I have ever heard from the airhead Lay. But of course, I just met him, officially.

“Hey, Kevin, hurry up, we can’t talk all day,” Jun stated, matter-of-factly.

“Come on, Lay, let’s go.” Shortie just had to pull Lay away after that most appreciated conversation I ever had with his kind.

So, it’s a game between Baekhyun and Chanyeol eh? Finally, it’s time to have some fun.

I walk behind everybody, eyeing the so called “lovers”, just planning the hell for them.

But that moment was short-lived, when that forbidden feeling’s back, suffocating the other feelings, running down my spine and freezing up my muscles. I couldn’t look behind me. My nature’s telling don’t, don’t look back. But I just have to be the loser and look back. And there stood a blonde girl. She’s so child-like that I almost though she was a child. But her eyes hold so much wisdom and years of boredom and the hunger for something. Everything slapped me in the face.

The fear.

All of it was for JunSoo. The fear was all for her.

I stared back at her, shivering. She smirked at me with those blood red lips.

“She’s my prize. My trophy.”

Just that one sentence and I already knew who she’s talking about.

“No.” I look straight into those eyes. Those sharp red eyes.

She just smiled, showing all of perfect white teeth. A smile so emotionless.

Then she disappeared. Just like that. Gone. Vanished. That ghostly laughter is all that is left to prove of her existence and to prove that I’m on the brink of insanity.

“Kevin, is something wrong?” Lay asked that question ever so gently. He has to shake me so that I could focus my attention on him, so that everything can be intact in my eyes, in my mind.

I could burn the image of her out of my head. Her smile holding no emotions. Those years of boredom lingering in her eyes.

It hurts, it hurts so much, knowing that I can’t stop that girl from laying a finger on my JunSoo.

“Kevin, is something wrong?” Lay repeated strongly, putting his hands on each side of my face, stopping my head form shaking. Lay already knows that something is wrong, something bad.

Minutes turned into years as my whole stony body shook twice as fast as Lay’s heartbeat.

“Kevin, clam down,” Lay commanded me in that soft voice of his.

I look straight into his eyes; they were overflowing with anxiety, anxiety for me.

“What’s wrong, Kevin?” Lay repeated, his voice laced with the gentleness in his eyes, “It’s okay, you can tell me.”

His words just broke the wall, rescripting my tears that didn’t I was holding back. It flow nonstop, running down my cheeks. Yes, vampires can cry, the only one disadvantage of being the mythical creature and top of the food chain.

“I-I need… to protect her,” I managed to choke from my throat, my voice breaking in the process.

“No. we need to protect her, Kevin.” Lay pulls me into an embrace.

 

¶~¶

 

Hey guys, I'm back after that (surprising?) spoiler chapter!! Yay!! This chapter is foucsing specifcally on Lay and Kevin, Lavin~

Just to tell you guys am I helping kevinoppa on her new stroy Marked go check it out yourselves Anyways, had a few writer blocks, you know annoying they can get right?. Also writing the next chapter as of now and planning future sequels and other stories, cuz I'm free even tho I have school. 

Anyways, bye for now, comment subscribe if you haven't and upvote if you want. I'm not gonna force you to do anything.

Maknea

[CONTENTID4]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID4]