Chapter 26

Blood Love [HAITUS]
2WgzpYd.jpg
Chapter 26
You guys need to read this A/N. So there is old English involved in this chapter so I'll give a few tips just so you can understand what they're saying.

thou - you

thee - you 

art  - are

thy  - your

thither - there

naught - not

ealle - everybody

aye - yes

beseech - ask

canst - can't

speaketh - speak

'er - here

hath - have

Okay, now that is out of the way, I am just going to say that I am sorry for not updating until now. I sincerely apologise for not updating in such a long time. I've been planning a new story and stuff like that. If you want me to tell you the details of the new story you can comment or write on my wall. Once again I am so sorry for not updating until now.  And on a different note, I love this layout!! It's so awesome!!!! Pls enjoy the chapter!


love is a beautiful pain
*Soo's POV*

Black.

Red.

White.


"My Queen?"

Queen?

My body starts to register the softness of a bed under me. 

"My Queen," someone said loudly. Clipping of high heels follows the echo of her melodic voice.

At this point, I'm so confused, who she's calling? I turn to the direction of the voice as she continues to call 'My Queen'.  The moment my eyes laid on her, everything just got wipe out, like the flushing of a toilet. Red walls surrounds me like a snake would to its prey or meal. But the girl is still there, her white-blonde, curly hair cages her child-like face. She leans down as if to hear what I'm saying. But my mouth is not moving. Her bright blue eyes contrast her pale white face and that red Victorian dress.

"Your Majesty," She addresses me, sitting down on a chair beside my arm and the bed I'm lying on and her cat-fur-like touch takes my hand gently as if she's afraid of me breaking. Her ocean eyes burning with a sense of loyalty into mine. 

What is she doing? Where am I? What is going on here? I don't even. 

I stare into her eyes, becoming lost and consumed by them. "Who are you?" My voice finally breaks it's wall. 

"Levoria , You're Majesty. It has been three days since thou is awake; thou fainted while on thy walk through thy palace."

I fainted? Wasn't I at the hospital? And I have a palace?! Damn! This gotta be some dream I'm having. But it feels so real. And my body feels so weird, like it went smaller. 

Silence claims its place as we study each other. The silence soon loses it as Levoira coughs to get my attention. 

"Your Majesty, thou seem distressed, may I ask thee why is it so?" She spoke gently rubbing my hand as if to comfort my suspected distress. 

Wait, why is she speaking in old English? Did I just time travelled or something? I don't know nor do I care if I just time travelled. I should blend in.

Right now, I'm trying to will all of the Shakespearian English lessons to surface. All the two years of burying it did not come to be as beneficial as I thought it would.

"Aye. I am confused."

"Confused?" She leans her face towards me as if to see my eyes are not deceiving her, but why would she think that I'm lying to her, I'm just being honest here, mate. 

"What is happening?" I look around and there's nothing. Just her and me. All alone in this huge room that can probably have ten thousand people at once. 

"Thy enemies have declared war. And thou hath sent men to fight," she informs me, looking at me with a disbelieving face. I don't even know what she is saying. Am I dreaming this or what?

"Majesty, if I may have thy focus," she implied. Standing and facing towards the empty space. "Soldiers art currently fighting for our country's safety, but thee shan't worry. The Major General is thither. But thee shan't worry about that too, thou may not leave this place," she continued, pacing left and right as if she's talking to a crowd. As she is talking of something about a Major General, a guy dress in black flowing robe walks towards us, his hood shadowing his entire face, his footsteps are loud and clear. 

"Major General Alec, why thou art here? Art thou naught in battle?" Levoria ask the new comer, her voice rising in pitch and she sounds like she's angry at him or maybe me. Which is an odd thing.

Brushing pass Levioria and completely ignoring her and kneeling down with his head bowing, “My Queen, thou is honoured to meet the Queen.” His voice all so serious, no seriously (no pun intended), it’s like he never smiled in his life. Man, laughing for hours is good for your life.

“Raise thy head, please,” I quickly instruct him before Levioria could remark about his actions towards her.

He did as he is told and the first thing that catches me off guard is his eye colour; beautiful swirls of light blue and blonde gold stares back at me with such intensity. The second thing that catches me off guard is his hair colour; dark purple and white smashes together, completely standing out from his black hood.

“What art thou seeking?” Levioria’s high pitched voice echoing the empty room; she takes a step forward. I don’t even know why she’s doing that.

“I beseech to thee to seek the Queen.” He’s standing so awkwardly and that totally ruined his serious aura.

“Thou knows that thou canst speak to Her―” Levioria started to say, frowning with her hands at her back.

“All is well. Speech what thou seek,” I interrupted her, authority tainting my voice. She backs down to my side.

Now I feel so bad for Levioria, I didn’t mean to interrupt her but because of my position right now I think she’ll understand.

“Is the words from thou for I only?” I addressed him, crossing my legs to show him that I mean business here.

He nods his head and looks down, avoiding eye contact from everybody, which is just me and Levioria in this room. He starts to walk to the right wall and beckons me to follow. That will be easier said than done but because my dress cannot cooperate with me it is harder to say than done. These damn dresses, how do they even do it, walking around like this?! I can’t even walk. But now that I’m standing, I look down to inspect my dress. It’s so… fancy; too fancy. But before I can even take a step forward, Levioria grabs my right arm and slowly guides me to Alec who is waiting patiently for me. I rarely see these kinds of people.

“I shall thank thou.” I turn to see Levioria looking at the ground in shyness which is a first for her.

“This is the way, My Majesty,” Alec whispers, head still bowed and shuffling towards he wall in front of us.

All of his behaviours screams innocent. How can a guy like him be the Major General? Unless he has the strength but not the will for it, I don’t know, it’s just a theory, a personality theory. (See what I did there???? Maybe not)

He let me lead us into the first room my eyes saw with a door that is so haunting that I almost regretted choosing this room.

“Ah, the Superiors; the Royal Family meeting room.” he smiled for the time like thinking about this Royal Family is happiness to him.

“Royal Family?” I can’t help it, curiosity killed the cat indeed.

At first he frowns at me but then discards whatever he is thinking and say, “My Queen, I mean no intrusion in the Royal Family’s matter; thy family was murdered upon their travel to another kingdom when thou was a newborn.”

Wait, wait. My family is still alive and well. What is he talking about? I stare at him until I notice something is wrong.

A crack; a legit visible crack on his cheek; it’s like a mask, but cracking. In my time of reading books, this could mean bad.

“Who art thou?” I confront him, backing away. I glare at him, seeing the crack getting bigger and bigger.

“Thou is sharper than before, My Queen,” he annoyingly says, a hint of humour too. 

Man, if I have to believe in magic and sorcery, it’ll be now. He is freaking peeling his face off. And really, being rude to me? “The Queen” will not tolerate that behaviour.

Fixated by his actions, I can’t even know if he’s a good guy or a bad guy.

“Carlos, at thy service,” the guy under the “mask” announces, bowing as he says the universal line in old English. Ha, funny, not. But, doesn’t that name sound familiar or is it just me?

“What art thou?” I ask, still on high alert.

“Ealle calls me 'Pas D’Visage'.”

The air around his face starts to collapse into one another and reveals a legit featureless face like the face of Slenderman, as if to emphasise on his name. (The name means ‘no face’ or ‘no identity’ in French and please don’t try to translate it, I legit just smash words related to no identity until it sounds good…)

Seriously, this is freaking me out so much that I might as well think he’s Slenderman’s origin.

“My name is Carlos La’ Pierre, pleasure to meet thou,” he properly introduces himself, standing straight as if to make me feel even more smaller, and I’m short enough thank you, I don’t need you to say it straight to my face.

I gasp at the fact that he has no face and the air around wavers as if to snicker at me.

“Ha! I knew it! Thou art an imposter!” I don’t even have to turn around to see who said that; it’s Levoria, but I did it anyway.

Why is she even following us? Man, some personal space please.

And I decided to address this issue, “Levoria, why art thou ‘er?” I’m really trying to scold her but because of my soft side I just can’t.

I turn back to face Carlos just to ignore Levoria but I am taken aback to see my face, well, more like this person’s face. I think, because I hear a gasp made the person next to me.

“My Queen, please stay away from him,” Levoria warns me, jumping as if to shield me with her small body.

I slowly back away one step and stood there debating whether or not is Carlos a good guy. I step in front of Carlos, making Levoria glare at me, silently telling me to stand back down.

Carlos Le’ Pierre is a virtuous one, he is a sorcerer. Do naught harm him.” In the end, he is a good guy.

Levoria looks at me expressionlessly and says, “My Queen, an imposter he is and my Queen I must protect and so I will.”

You can never get any creeper than that. Damn.

“Do naught hath me say it again.” I threaten. Remember I’m not taking my position as an advantage.

Her face slowly changes into a glare at Carlos as if she disapproves of him being really close to me.

“The Law is thy words, My Queen.” She backs away, standing on my left, still tense up. I can hear pants as if being betrayed is enough to give a heart attack.  Or maybe she just has asthma.

My peripheral vision catches a little movement to the right; seems like Carlos is a little bit uncomfortable with Levoria here.

“If thee may, leave us in peace,” I excuse her, giving her a small smile just for her to know that I’ll be fine and to comfort her.

“Speaketh, Carlos, what is it that you beseech?” I say first after Levoria was out of ear-shot, getting comfortable on the chair next to me.

I don’t know what place I’m at but this is the most comfortable chair you can get. I might lucid dreaming, you never know.

“I beseech to be in a contract with thou, My Queen,” he answers, holding out a scroll, all done up by a red ribbon, indicating that this is royalty level. Once you sign it, you can’t go back. Sigh.

“What is in the said contract?” I wonder out loud, opening my hand to receive the document.

“I wish to be thy protector and I will not receive anyway form of payment,” he explains as I open it and read the conditions. I hear him mumble that last part about payments.  Sure, sure, everybody wants money.

I just have to smile at his guiltiness. But it soon disappears as I read the conditions of the contract.

“Thou must follow me?!” I loudly exclaim, my eyes staring straight into his to check if he’s joking. And he’s not.

“Is something the matter?” Carlos asks me, sounding majorly concern for once, take all that coldness down. His question buzzes in the background because my brain is now occupied by tonnes of heavy weight champion questions.

Does that mean he has to be with me all the time?! I mean, like, he’s alright, it’s just his ability. It’s creeping me out. But I need my privacy though.

The clicking of fingers locked away the wild questions and had me focusing to reality.

“Your Majesty, art thou fine?” Carlos worries; his fake ‘face’ floods with anxiety.

“I am fine, thou naught needn’t to worry.” And please don’t follow me.

Why am I even traumatising about this? It’s no big deal, just play along and you’ll be just fine.

My eyes averts to the bottom of the page. It says, ‘Please put thy blood here.’

Instinctively, my hand touches my hair in search for a pin, don’t even know why. Maybe, people at the ear put pins in their hair. Eventually I found one and prickle my thumb till I see blood which made me a bit sick and react to the sight of blood. I press it down on the square on the scroll and wipe the blood away on my dress. 

A comfortable silence falls between us as I hand him the scroll.  It lingers on as I shift around to get comfortable in my chair.  I still wonder what’s going on? What’s Levoria doing right now? Probably standing in front of the door eavesdropping our entire conversation.

I must’ve fallen asleep because the next thing I know that’s happening is Carlos screaming at my ear and my body jolts or maybe he’s shaking me, I don’t know. Shouts and screams jails the silence that I once known warns me that something is happening. Something bad.

“Mary! My Queen, we must move quickly, for this place is no longer safe!” he yells, fear controlling his voice.

Mary? Wait, wait, hold on. Me, Mary? That Bloody Mary? That's like so impossible. I can’t be her; I can’t be in her consciousness let along in her body. No, no, I’m pretty sure I’m dreaming this whole up. Remember what Kevin said, he said sleep, well, something along those lines.

 I stare at him, like how baby stares at you, with that realisation hitting me hard in the face. He stares back at me and whispers a sorry at me and lifts me up in his arms. The wind laughs at my confused face as he runs out of the room, which blurs past us. High pitch screams slithers at me back to reality. Carlos already made to the throne room and I whipped my head around to for Levoria, but she cannot be seen.

I shiver as the coldness grips me in its grasp, which force me to look down at Carlos’ arms. His arms are so pale, almost white, just like Kevin’s and all of the vampires I know.

“Carlos, can thou change thy body?” I whisper, already knowing the answer.

I look up to see him nodding his head, staring straight ahead, wind blowing his long hair around his face as he runs across the hall towards the double doors that are wide open, splattered with blood. I face away from the terrors within the walls to Carlos’ chest. He rubs his hands on the small of my back, sensing my distress, comfort rains down upon me.

“Thank you.”

We burst out into the front yard of the palace. We stopped at the entryway and gaze out the scene in front of us. Swords clangs against swords, making a screech more horrible than scraping your spoon against the pot (Cringe moment right there). Death and swords playing a deadly game together. 

Black, disfigured creatures spill everywhere where there is soldiers. Carlos comes up to the nearest soldier still carrying me in his arms, he kicks down the creature which is trying to attack the soldier and it lay on the ground and steams until it disappears. The soldier seem so young like my age. Is this what Mary is doing this whole time, gathering teenagers and them dry? I swear, I will kill her or at least hit her.

“Thee, solider, what is going on?” Carlos commands, his voice changing into Alec’s, the deep voice from the first time I met him, and his body as warmth spreads across his body along with his muscles.

“D-demons.” His eyes are shaking with fear, fear for his life and his comrades. But it was short-lived as he falls to the ground with a piece of metal through his chest, blood spreading across the grass.

I heard a scream and it is mine. Everything blacks out against my will.

My vision is blocked as I float through the darkness, through the nothingness. Until a call of my name echoes, pulling me through the thick blackness. I will my eyes to open; it takes all my will power and physical energy to see the whiteness of a room. Softness surrounds my frame as I look around to inspect my surroundings. The sound of beeping and padded footsteps gives away where I am: in a hospital.

But why am I in a hospital?  I didn’t break a bone or something along those lines. So why am I in here?

A woman walks in carrying a clipboard under her arm and a tray full of food.

“Umm, miss, do you know why I’m in a hospital?” I politely ask her.

She looks at me like I just ask her a really stupid question. Did I actually just ask a stupid question? Her face slowly changes to shock as if I slapped her in the face.

“Do you remember the people who visited you?” she frets, totally ignoring my question.

“Visitors? What are you talking about?” I rack through my brain and nothing comes out, it’s like it that blue screen of death. (//Dramatic gasp//)

“Is there something wrong with me?” I quaver, my voice being coated by hysteria which is slowly making its way to my stomach. What is happening? Where is Kevin? Where’s everybody?

She quickly runs out of my sight but only to come back with a serious tall man in a lab coat a few seconds later.

“Is there pain in your temple?” he questions me, pointing to the side of his head with a pen in his hand.

Now that he mentioned it, a stabbing pain throbs at my head. I nod; the pain is too much to talk with. Just how hard did I hit my head? Wait, did I even hit my head?

“This is much worse than I thought previous,” the doctor concludes, his stress lines showing on his forehead.

"What's wrong with me?" My voice is so soft right now, he probably can't hear me.

"I'm afraid that we need more scans on your head." He starts to scribble notes on his clipboard. "You might have concussion, my dear." 

I shiver; half from the possibility of having concussion and half from how he called me. But he's excused because he looks so handsome. Almost better than Kevin, of course no one can beat him. 

 

*Kevin's POV*

The comforts of the room sweep over me as I fling myself onto the couch. Ah, what should I do? I hope Soo is alright without me by her side, she's probably not. Everyone's gone hunting or eating. And I'm here, worrying my off for Soo, Jun's probably doing the same.

"Kevin?" A soft deep voice calls to me.

I look up to see Chanyeol standing in front of me with his head bowed.

"Yes?"

A minute has pass since Chanyeol stood in front of me and has not spoken a word.

"Look, I... I found a lead even though you told me not to." He lifts his head and looks right into my eyes, as if he's expecting me to lash a him for not listening to me about waiting for them to make a move first.

The moment he said that, I'm already standing up and holding his shoulders for support. "Are you sure?" My voice is trembling, but I don't care.

He nods his head and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"It's really small, but it will get us closer for us to know his location." He looks at me and smiles. A genuine one too. Idiot, don't smile like that, you're ruining my impression of you.

"Yeah, another step for us," I echo his words. I look back to glance at the photo of Soo and I laughing together. I'll protect you, always. It's a promise. 

"Kev—" Chanyeol tries to start another conversation until my phone interrupts him.

"Hello, this is Kevin Woo," I answer as soon as I slide my finger across the all button. Technology is so hard to follow these days, it's going too fast for me, like, today, Apple released the iPhone 6 plus and they'll probably released iPhone 8? Way too fast.

"Ah, this is the Head Nurse of the Asan Medical Canter. Mr Woo, you need to visit the patient, Yung JunSoo, she has been calling for you and I am to inform you that she has being diagnosed with concussion." Her distorted voice resounds between Chanyeol and me.

Fear for Soo grips me, choking me. I hold my phone really hard, almost breaking it, to make sure that I don't lash at something. I look up and my eyes met with Chanyeol's and in that moment we both know what to do. I quickly run into Soo's side of our room and grab her photo ablum book and my jacket. Only seconds has passed when I left the dorm and stood in front of Chanyeol's car in the school's carpark. Can I even be this close to a wolf's car?

'I know what you're thinking, "Can I even be this close to a wolf's car?" And the answer is yes." Chanyeol takes a step forward and holds out his hand and smiles goofily, showing his teeth, "Remember, I'm your right wing man."

Dammit, why do you have to be so goofy? I look at his extended hand and smile.

"We don't need that," I grin, rising a fist; Chanyeol did the same and we bring our fists together which made a bone cracking sound, resounding in the carpark.

"Bro," we said together.

We swiftly enter Chanyeol's car and drove off to the hospital.

"What was the lead that you found?" I ask, continuing our conversation from before when the I got the phone call and also trying to fill the gap.

"I went back to the location where Soo and I were attacked, and there was fresh scents of v...vampires, which was a few hours old. I followed it and it ended near the outskirts of the city," he reports, frowning, probably regretting that he couldn't figure out who it belongs to. So Chanyeol is also not comfortable of saying that wor.

"Alright, after visit Soo, we'll head over to the location," I plan. Just check it out and found who went there.

Minutes later we arrive at the hosptial thanks to Chanyeol's speed driving. We quickly granted access to Soo's room. I know this will sound so chessy but, every step I take, it makes my frozen heart beat maybe even skip a beat. I miss being with her, even though we were together just hours ago; my heart aches for her presence.

"I'll go get some things to eat," Chanyeol decides, walking opposite from me towards the cafe in the hospital.

 

⇔♦♦⇔

 

*Soo's POV*

"Miss, there's somebody here to visit you," the nurse who is assigned to 'keep a eye' on me when I'm totally fine informs me which made me instantaneously sit up on my bed in joy.

Okay, that just made me feel so light-headed. Stupid brain, why can't you keep up with my body and emotions? My hand flew to my head as if to keep it in place and to make sure everything is where it's surpose to be. I vow to hate that feeling forever.

"Are you okay?" the nurse worries, placing her hand o my forehead. I can see her anxiety levels going up.

I told her that I'm fine and she immediately back down. Is Kevin here? He better be here, I miss him so much.

Not even seconds after my little scene, the door opens slowly as if the person on the other side is trying not to disturb me. A head pops in and I smile in happiness, just like a flower bud blooming into a beautiful plant. He smile back, almost wider than mine.

"Kevin! Oh my God, Kevin!" I squealed, almost jumping off the bed to run into his arms. I open my arms instead, earning for his touch.

He hugs me like I'm his treasured in his heart, forever.

"I miss you so much, I bet you heard from the Head Nurse that I was calling for you." I look up from Kevin's chest into his eyes, those caring, beautiful eyes.

"Yeah," he grins, looking down at me,  making my heart do its flips with his eyes.

I hear the door closing. Must be the nurse. She's so nice, giving us privacy.

"For now, we need you to better soon so that you don't have to be stuck in here." Hasn't he heard that I've been diagnosed with concussion? Maybe he's trying not to make the situation harder than it already is for me. Ahhh, I love you so much, Kevin!!

"First, how about a little kiss to make you better?" 

Before I can even register what Kevin said, he leans down, still holding me in his arms, his eyes locks mine in place. Blood surges to the surface of my cheeks as I anticipate what Kevin is doing. My heart is beating so hard, I'm sure that he can hear it like it is the only loudest thing here. His cold lips touches my forehead and moves down towards my lips. His lips softly caresses mine, inevitably causing my heart to rapidly beat than before. My hands starts to wonder off, as if they have their own mind. But that was short-lived as it seems that I have crossed the line. Kevin lay his frosty hands on mine and removes them and at the same time, he leans back. 

"Breathe, Soo." Kevin places his hands on my cheeks to make my eyes focus on his.

It wasn't until he said that did I notice I wasn't breathing. I open my mouth to let my lungs do their work. They are frantic for oxygen, as I can hear gasps of breaths. Whoa, why wasn't I breathing? Did I just forgot to breathe? My face feels so hot, maybe from emmbarrassment that I attacked Kevin first and the fact that I forgot to breathe.

After that, Kevin pushes me down onto the bed and he went to grab a chair and places it next to the bed. Kevin gently grab my hand into his, he softly rubs patterns on my skin which comforts me. The peace between us doesn't seem to be awkward. Kevin is doubtlessly listening to my beating underneath those two breathing machines. However, it is a ephemeral moment because the door opens and a tall, monkey-ear person enters the room and calls out Kevin's name. My whole body tense due to its instincts, which is telling me that something is wrong. 

 "Who are you?" My voice turning hostile as I sense danger. He may not be dangerous, but I'm not taking any chances. 

 


Glad to see you at the end of this chapter :D... So I am gonna thank jiyongismybae (her account got hacked, which explains the weird username) for recently motivating me to finish this chapter quickly. I love you //points to her//. As you can see (maybe it's not that obvious, but meh), I've been trying new things and I want you to comment if they're good or not (for example, the italics for the thoughts. I can't remember if I used them before...). Should I make a poster for the POVs? If there is mistakes, pls don't hesitate to tell me. 
 Alright, there is so many of you that I'm not bothered (yeah, call me lazy) to name all of you new subscribers (unless you want me to, I'll gladly do it) between Chapter 24 and this chapter. Thanks for subscribing and commenting! And thank you for being really patient with me, you guys are so loyal. I really appreciate it (get it? No? Okay) Till the next update bye!! 

Maknea

Anime Guy... He's so hot!!!!!!! asdfghjkl;

AHHHHH!!!! HE'S SO HOT!!!! //NOSEBLEED//

Should I post more of these kind of pics?????