Part 6.1 Cho Ahra

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

I walk with my head down to only see the white floor of the hospital. I can hear beeping sounds come from the patient room to which I walk pass by in silent. My mind is still going somewhere else for sure, toward the man that I just met again on the lift. Honestly, I only can wonder why and how, but, again, no one ever will answer my question. The only thing that sure is, that guy and me is just someone that always accidentally run into each other, even somehow, it’s impossible for real.

“I somehow hope you’ll end up by walk through the wall, but being a good sister, I stop you now. You’re welcome.” I turn my head to his left when I found there is a hand around my shoulder and stop me in second just a moment before I walk to the wall. I just realize if I only feet away from the wall, and if it’s not because Ahra, I will embarrass myself there “what’s going on? You spaced out so much.”

I’m not says anything, but only smile a little as I walk toward the room, where my sister work is. I know if she wants me to answer her, but now, I just want to forgot all those stuffs and pretend like nothing happen.

“So what is it?” I said it in mocking tone as I throw my backpack toward the couch in her room. I can hear she close the wooden door behind and walk toward her desk. I stand out I front of the wide window, seeing the lot of hospital from the fourth floor.

“Here!” I can feel something heavy landed over my head. Even I’m taller than my sister, she still can touch over my head though. I turn my head in second and face her only to find her smile at me while she holding a book that look like a dictionary in front of her chest. It’s a brown hard cover book that really looks like an album photo, which—wait, what? “My Boss’ son just home from France this early summer, and I ever told him if I have a brother who take history art major, which ended up with him buying this and give it to me.”

I still look at her then back at the book. Looking questioningly like I would never believe to everything that she just said about the book. Even from this distance, I can see if it’s the book History of Art, focusing on Victorian age and Renaissance era. It must be very expensive and rare, especially when remember if her boss just home from France, and there is also a high possibility where the book is using a roman language, whether it’s French, Italian, or Spanish.

“Oh come on Kyu! You wouldn’t miss it for the world, would you?” Ahra hold the book in the air like she is try to handing it at me.

I’m still looking at the book in silent before I’m hugging her instead of taking the book “I’ll never repeat it, so listen carefully.” I say slowly as I hug her “Thank you so much and I love you.”

Ahra just smile and pat my back before I broke the hug and take the book from her as I walk slowly toward the couch in her room and start reading the book slowly. Suddenly there’s this ring voice from the phone in her table, which makes her quickly answer it with low tone.

I’m still busying myself with the book itself. I slowly open the book and feels the hard cover that makes me getting more excited to open the next pages, and yes I’m right, the book is in French language and I don’t even care, if I’m not speaking French at least I can see the picture though. I start flipping pages in the book when suddenly Ahra take my attention while she holds my backpack like she examines something.

“Where do you buy it Kyu?” she ask me while she still holding my bag.

“What?”

“This.” She pointed at one little thing that attached to the zip on my bag. A key chain that I made from the flower that I found on the café days ago “the key chain, its Lily of the Nile isn’t it?”

“Lily of—what?” I just raised one of my eyebrows and suddenly I lost my excitement toward the book, but to the flower instead.

“Lily of the Nile. It just something rare to see if there are key chains made from its flower petal.” Ahra slowly take my bag back on the couch as she smile and still looking at it. I turn my gaze toward my bag where the key chain can be looked and makes me want to ask many things.

“Well, actually I found the flower though, and since it’s look nice, I just bring it and turn it into key chain.” I just explain simply to her, while she is start to collect something from his table and look like she ready to leave.

“Oh I see… well, I need to meet someone though, you’ll stay or leave?” she already bring some documents on her hand and look at me as she stand right behind the door ready to open it. I look at her for a little while and stand from my seat before taking my bag and follow her behind “I guess, I’ll just leave then.”