Part 10 – The Sleepless, night

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It’s early in the morning when I take jogging that day, or perhaps, it’s too early. The dawn even not comes out yet and honestly it still around 1am in the morning. Call me crazy, but yes, that is what I do now. I use my jacket even I want to jogging, come on, it’s middle of autumn and the wind can be so damn freezing at night. Maybe you asking me why I do it early in the morning, why not wait for sunrise or something, but then, I’m an insomniac. I can’t get to bed unless I’m really is tired or sleeping pills get into my throat, but I’ve got enough of sleeping pills. Yesterday I even swallowed like six pills but nothing really happen until midnight when finally I go to sleep for only three hours since at three suddenly I feel nausea and thrown up everything, and today, I won’t risk myself anymore.

The road really is empty, and there is only the sound of my steps on the street. Even I use the earphone on my ears I can hear it very loud and somehow it disturb me, the silence. I decide to just jogging into the town park and get around there for my little exercise. Quickly waste up my energy so I can home and sleep right away. The town is deserted, some of the lights even off and there’s only a few people I can see lay on the bench. They seem homeless people, judging by what they use to sleep in this kind of weather. I’ not really care to them by the way and start to run a little again, but then my eyes catch something.

A suit.

There is this guy sleeping with a suit in the park. From this far I even can recognize his Rolex on his left knuckle while his satchel is on his embrace and a backpack on the ground beside the bench. He seems like someone that shouldn’t sleep outside at this weather, but then he is. He must be very tall since his feet even hanging over from the end of the bench. I try to look at his face, and found he’s quiet familiar.

He’s Changmin. Yes right, he’s Shim Changmin.

I look around and checking if there is someone look at me, because I want to check him out of he still alive or not, and it would be weird if someone thing I want to do something bad toward him. I already stand in front of the bench, and I’m right if the guy is really Shim Changmin, and he’s sleeping. He’s look so peacefully in his sleep, even his mouth slight open a little and let his breath can be heard at this sleepless night. I’m just wondering what kind of things that makes someone who using a M5 must sleep outside at the town park like this. I get on the ground. I squatting on the ground and positioning myself so my face is facing Changmin’s right now. He’s look like… a kid, really, and somehow, I can’t hide my smile with no reason.

I still look at his face in silence, admiring his manly—childish look—perfect—face for my own when an idea come into my head. I raised one of my hands and use my fore finger to poking his cheek, and I do that. Slowly, I pocking his cheek with my forefinger and wait for his reaction, I wait, but there’s nothing. I try to poking him again one time, but then still nothing. I raised one of my eyebrows shocked by how sleepyhead he is. Finally I bring my fore finger to follow the line of his nose and he’s moving his head a little, maybe that thing is kind of tickling. I laugh to myself in silent before I bring my attention into his hands.

The pairs of his hands is so big, even since the first time I know him at the subway—God I still remember that time!?—I realize how big his hands are. Slowly I bring my hand on his and play with it slowly. I try to hold his hands and surprisingly, he hold mind in second really tight and sort makes me yelp in surprise, but he seems still in his sleep. I slighted panicked when he still hold my hand in his sleep, since I don’t know how to make my hands off his, I decide to just wakes him up, but then—

“… Mom…”

—I can hear him say something. I bring my head from the hands toward Changmin’s face who is now change. I can see this small liquid escape from the corner of his eyes. His breath turns heavy and I can feel if he holds my hand really tight now. I panicked seeing him like this, and without I realize it, I already shaking his shoulder and trying so hard to makes my hands off from him.

“Auch!” I fell on the ground as my hand being released by Changmin. I still his in pain when I found if he already get into sit position. His hair is such a mess, really mess. He still has his eyes slight closed and turn his head toward me. Try to looking at me quiet hard and—

“Kyu!? Cho Kyuhyun right?” What are you doing here?” he get off from the bench and help me to stand. I take his offer and try to off the dirt from my pants. He still not really awake which make his feet quiet wobbly and get into the bench in second after help me to stand. He seems like closed his eyes even he’s in sit position “Aren’t you supposed to—(yawn)—sorry—at home, sleeping?”

“Well, the same goes to you too, what are you doing here?” I said slowly before sit beside him since he give me a space on the bench and told me to join him with his hand “aren’t you afraid of being robbed or something? How if the one that you’re talking now is actually a robber?”

“Well…” he says slowly with a low tone as he rubs his eyes “How deep is your love?”

“Eh… what?”

“Cause we’re living in the world of fools, breaking us—(yawn)—down, when they’re should let us be, we belong—“

“Are you high!?”

Changmin not say anything, but he just close his eyes and lift his head like he’s examine the clear skies with his eyes closed. I still look at him and waiting to anything that he would just says, but then all he do next is only laid his head on my shoulder with his closed eyes. “Yah! Shim Changmin! What happen!?”

Changmin just humming again the notes of the unfinished song slowly without answering “I believe in you…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))