8.2 – The Yellow Umbrella

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It was just another late afternoon when I enter this place. The smell still same, a cinnamon like with a lime and some pastry at the back ground. I walk slowly toward a place that I really know, well, actually my seat thought. A seat almost in the corner, two rows from the window and it always empty whenever I come. As I greet the owner of this place when I walk pass him by, I realize something is quiet odd. I already stand beside my table, but then my gaze is turn into a seat behind mine, a seat that always being sat by a man before I come and leave after me. And now, that table is completely empty.

“Are you ready to order Kyu? Or just like usual?” I turn my head and found if Yoochun already stand behind me with a book of menu on his hand. He smile at me and wait for my answer, but then I turn back my head toward the table that’s now empty “What’s going on?”

I just smile at him and get into the chair “Well, usually, there is this guy who sit there whenever I come, and he leave after me, and now it just empty.” I said it with small laugh while Yoochun give the menu book at me. He turns his head toward the chair behind me and smile before look back to me who look at him “just forget it, okay? I guess I’m just being weird.”

“No it’s not.” Yoochun says simply as he takes the menu book back since I says to him I want the usual. He just smile at me with this meaningful look which somehow really hard to read “You know, sometimes, we search for one thing but discover another.” Before he’s gone toward the kitchen leaving me struck with his words. 

 

.

.

.

 

It’s only like ten minutes before Yoochun’s come with my order. He put the earl gray on the table after the cheese cake on the other side. He smiles at me and as usual I said thank you toward him. I take the spoon on the plate of the cheese cake and ready to eat it, until I realize if Yoochun still stand beside my table. I raised my head to look at him, which is surprisingly focusing his gaze toward the table, where I put the yellow umbrella is.

“Is that your umbrella?” he says suddenly with a weird look “I mean, sorry, not try to being rude, but it just looks like—“

“It’s belongs to someone else.” I cut him out and smile a little before bring my gaze at the umbrella also “well, someone borrowing it to me, and I guess I should turn it back.”

“Really!? So, you already know ‘this someone’?”

I open my mouth to answer it when he asking me that, but suddenly I close it back when I realize if the question is somehow, weird “Wait, where did you know if I haven’t know ‘this someone’?”

Yoochun just turn silent and suddenly his eyes going everywhere but me, like he try to find something to say. And I know one thing, if he knows something about this person, or perhaps this umbrella, or maybe he just being weird.

“No?” I raised one of my eyebrows when I realized how Yoochun answer my question with another question. It seems like he know something, but he won’t tell “how could I? Right, I… gotta go.” And leave toward the kitchen while I still looking at him with questioning look.

 

.

.

.

 

I already finished my second cheese cake, and I realize if the guy wouldn’t come. It feels like every minutes or every chance I have to turn my head and look around at the empty sit, checking the table if someone sit on it, just useless. I realize if this guy wouldn’t come—what the hell am I thinking? I don’t even know how this guy looks like, and why supposed I care so much?—till I decide to go back home.

I collected all my stuffs and put it inside my bag. I stand from my seat and left some money on the table before I start to walk toward the front door.

“Hey! Kyu…” I stop my steps and turn my body in second when I hear someone calling me, which is actually Yoochun “You forgot the umbrella buddy!”

He’s pointing at the umbrella on the table where since the first place I put it on. Yes, honestly, I forgot to bring it back with, but then I realize something, the moment I look at it for a little while before I smile and sighs “No I’m not. Actually that umbrella wants to back at the owner I guess, and I think this place is a good place to leaving it to find its owner.”

I’m still looking at the umbrella with a smile. Something weird creeping up into my stomach as the words blurts out from my mouth. Somehow it feels nice, but also sad.

“But, aren’t you gonna try to find its owner?”

“No…” I say with a low tone and I quickly turn my gaze from the umbrella toward Yoochun who now already stand close to the door “you know, somehow, it’s mentally frustrating to wait around for something you know might never happen”

Yoochun just look at me with a weird look before I smile at him and leaving the café and the umbrella behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))