Part 14.2 - Something

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

Yoochun take the cans of coke that he saves on the fridge with some of the chips from the cupboard toward the living room. He says nothing when he enter that place and find if Changmin is only sit on the couch with the TV remote on his hands while his fingers is busy with the button there. He already changes the channel over and over without stop like he just gets bored or something.

Yoochun rolled his eyes as he get into the couch and put the things on his hands in front of him toward the coffee table. He then quickly snapped the TV remote from Changmin’s hands that looked annoyed before he changes it into the Cartoon channel. He still watching cartoon on his age and yeah, Yoochun doesn’t care about that even Changmin like to makes fun of him about that so many times, but now, Changmin seems would not say anything. He could see if Changmin only laid his back on the couch and joining to watch the cartoon while he try to open a can of coke that Yoochun put on the coffee table before.

The time goes by as the silent fills up the room, well, not completely, because the sound of ‘Finn the Human’ is helping to feels up the air in the place. Yoochun still enjoying his time watching the Television, but he would a few times glancing a little toward Changmin that still not saying anything since he comes to his apartment, something that barely he done unless he’s miss the last train, or something really important happen, but it Saturday, and nothing as long as he knows nothing bad is happen.

This morning when his apartment’s bell rings he would like to mad to whoever that makes him wake this early, but when he found out it was Changmin, he somehow lost his words. It’s not that because of Changmin has this ‘exact’ reason that makes him not mad, no, but it because how Changmin’a appearance after all. When Yoochun look at the younger in front of his door still in his pajama bottom and a jacket over his tee, he realize of this guy just wake up from his sleep and go directly here. It even becoming clearer at how Changmin’s messed up hair and glasses that hangs on his nose, something that he would only use at home or work if necessary. Yoochun realize that must be something, but Changmin not talks since.

Yoochun seems can’t take it anymore for another two hours without explanation. He takes the remote from the coffee table and turn the TV into mute before he turn his head toward Changmin that would say something about his suddenly act, but he cut it off first “Okay, spill it out!”

Changmin not moving but still lay lazily on the couch. He even bites the end of the cand before he let it fall from his mouth toward the floor. it already empty which makes a quiet loud ‘clang’ sound when it touch the wooden floor and rolled over it. Changmin still not say anything but stare at the TV with no expression. He still look at the cartoon even it has no voice at all now.

Yoochun seems can’t understand it “Come on Changmin, just say—“

“I’ll back to France next month”

He is losing words, really losing it. Yoochun stay still and only stare at Changmin who not looking at his laps. He doesn’t know what to say actually or what to react. He remember if the younger just come back in the summer, and now he just saying if he want to back at France in next months. The winter not even started yet and he already wants to leave already. Yoochun sighs to himself as he finally follows the other act by laid his back on the couch and stare blankly at the TV.

“You know right, the reason why I take the college in France, is because I want to get closer with her, but the moment I graduated, my dad told me to get back at Korea immediately and help him here” his voice is slight cracking, but he seems like he try so hard to hold it slips out, so like he just saying it normally like he always do “Last night, my mom’s friend told me that she’s being sent to hospital because after long time, she got the heart attack all over again.”

“When I told my dad about it, he told me to wait until the end of the month because of the project right now. I couldn’t leave it like that, so that’s why I agree with him to leave Korea next month.”

“For how long?” Yoochun says with a low tone in his voice. He doesn’t have any idea what he should say more.

“I don’t know…” Changmin straighten up his sits position and sighs as he takes the TV remote and unmuted it “for a long time? A year perhaps, or more…”

The sound of Television fills up the air again, and now Yoochun seems really hates it. He just take the remote from Changmin in instant and now he not just mute it but he turn off the Television and throws the remote into another side of the couch where none of them could take it. He turns his sit position so he could face Changmin right now

“And just like that? I mean, after you come suddenly, now you’ll leave like that?” Yoochun snickering in disbelieve for a while “I know you come here not just telling me about your mom. There is something, isn’t it!?”

When Yoochun is saying something like that is not without a reason. Well, yes he understand that telling him if he would move to France again next moth is something important, but the look when the time he found Changmin in front of his door is not telling so. He means like that time this morning Changmin is would talk about something else but not his mom. He realize if Changmin come here because actually he doesn’t understand himself.

Yoochun just sighs and he take a glance toward the clock on the wall that shows if it’s almost ten in the morning. He should leave toward his café soon. He turns his head toward Changmin that still silence and stare at nothing. He smiles a little “You know, you should do something about it if you want to keep him around…”

“What’s the point hyung?” Changmin finally slips those things a little and he smiles to himself “beside I’ll leave by the end of the month, there is no reason for him to keep around me after that…”

“Who need a reason for that!?” Yoochun shake his head a little before he finally stand up from the couch and still stare at Changmin who slowly lifts his head and look at him in the end “what you feel right now toward Kyu can’t be explain by anything Changmin. You can’t use formula at measuring this feeling. Love isn’t physic but it’s about the chemistry, that’s all you need to know about all of this.”

Changmin stay still and bring his gaze from Yoochun toward the coffee table. Yoochun just slumped his shoulder looking at the younger reaction before he finally turn his body to ward his room for change since he need to come at his café soon. Changmin just stay still before he finally let his body fall on his side over the couch. He still laid there and slowly closes his eyes as he thinking about Yoochun’s words in silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

i just couldn't make it on the weekend, so ta da...

Thanks for reading :))