Part 16 – The Stranger

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It’s quiet late in afternoon when he finally finishes his last class for today. He says his goodbye to his friends before he left the class and walk outside from the building as fast as he could even he’s not running. He walks with his gaze avoiding aye contacts that any possibilities could happen at him. He bring his head down as his hand is start to take out his phone from his trouser pocket and found if there is a text sent to him. It’s from Seohyun.

 

Sure I’d like to, but I might be late, because Yonghwa ask me to help him out a little at his mother’s house.

 

Kyu only smile a little and sent ‘okay’ at her as a reply before he continue walking toward where he must meet Seohyun this afternoon.

The weather is kind of warm when the sun touch his skin but a slight chilling as the autumn wind blow slowly pas from his neck. Kyu’s shivers a little bit when he could feel the tickling on his neck that makes his spine jolt a little bit. He close his eyes for a while and keep continuing walking while his hands are already inside his trouser pocket as he walk in silence toward the book store near the subway station few blocks from his college.

Few days ago after he has that simple talk with his mom, he decide to call Seohyun and ask her for advice, but actually she’s still out of the town with Yonghwa which makes them could only meet today. He actually wants to ask about what he supposed to do with his feeling and his mom. Speaking about his mom, she’s been silent lately and not goes to works as long as he knows, since Kyu would find her just sit on the bench at their house backyard where Kyu could see from the window in his room. He also want to ask about what he should do toward Changmin. Well, he is almost go, but his mom told him to do something, even he not sure if that is what exactly his mom wants him to do.

Kyu already arrive in front of the bookstore that Seohyun told him to. Actually he questioning why should at the bookstore, but she says at the roof of this store there is a coffee shop that kind of good for a talk, which makes him just agree right away. Kyu looks at the bookstore, looking through the wide glass that displaying some book inside and sighs to himself, because he sure if Seohyun hasn’t comes yet which makes him decide to just wait in front of the place since he not really familiar with books.

“Searching for someone? Or perhaps waiting him/her?”

Kyu turn his head to his left and right to see who’s talking, but he couldn’t find anyone until he turn his body and look at the person that sits on the bench few feet from where he stand right now. This guy has a slight brownish hair just like him from behind, but his hair is more straight that his. Kyu wonder if it’s actually that guy’s voice which makes him finally decide if he takes another steps closer toward the person who sit on the bench who is actually a man.

“Hello.” The man says suddenly when Kyu already stand beside him. He has kind of beautiful face for a man especially with a smile that plastered in his face just like now. He looks at Kyu which makes him in second reply the man’s smile with no second thought “why don’t you just take a sit here while you waiting for that person, I’m not biting anyway.”

Kyu not really sure what just happen, but in the end, he just found out if he already sit on the bench beside the man as he leave a gap between them since there are bags of his and the man.

There is a quiet term between them. Kyu is just busying himself by staring at the road, looking at the cars that move in front of him. He  sometimes would like to glance over at the man beside him who is just humming some random notes while his fingers is tapping over his knee like he try to get the tempo stable. He seems realize if Kyu is staring at him for a little while which makes him turn his head toward Kyu and smile softly “Strange huh?”

Kyu only look at him questioningly while the other only smile still at him “I mean myself. We don’t know each other but I keep talking like I already know you. You don’t even think to answering me right? We’re strangers.”

Kyu still look at the man a moment longer before he put his gaze down toward his shoes and realizes something. He smile to himself as suddenly the man’s figure just seems like picturing of someone that he knows pretty well. He laughs a little “You’re acting just like someone that I know.”

“Really?” The man’s voice get a little bit excited “Aah, I always thought I am the strangest one in the world…”

There is another term of silence after the talk before finally the man try to open up another conversation “You look kind of sad you know.” He says it slowly which really takes Kyu attention “that’s what makes me decide to ask you if you want to sit here.”

“How do you know I am sad?”

“Your eyes.” The man says simply with a clear looks through his eyes which makes kYU doesn’t know why he really believe this man’s words “beside this morning I read a magazine and my zodiac says that my day is to help someone’s life.”

Kyu raised one of his eyebrows when he hears this man’s words. His expression is showing a doubtfulness like ‘seriously!?’ there before he finally bring his gaze off from the man. He turns his body back into his first position as he laid his back at the cold surface of wooden bench. He just looks at the road blankly while his hands are stay still over his laps. He thinks about the man’s words whose still looks at him softly. He sighs to himself before finally he decide to open his mouth “Actually, there is this person, I like him, and… he’ll leave to France next month.”

Kyu doesn’t know why. Why he talks about something like this into a complete strangers that he don’t even know his name or what he actually doing here, but he just feels right. He feels right to talk about him right now with this guy “And, well, I said it, this person is a guy. and even my mom told me to do something toward him, I don’t know what to do, because we’re both guy, and I couldn’t be certain if he actually like me too. Like me, just the way I like him. And there are also people who would talk about us…”

“You like him right?” Kyu nods slowly when the man give him a question as his response “So what are you waiting about!? I mean, I also a guy that have a relationship with another guy. We even live together right now, and we not give any single damn to anyone that talk about us, because, hell, people always talking every time and they would never tired of it.”

Kyu open his mouth to say something, but in the end, there is no word comes out since he seems like he just amaze at how this guy just talk with him. He just amaze of how this guy openly saying about himself to a stranger that he met less than half an hour ago. The man smile slowly when he realize the look that Kyu gave him right now. He sighs softly while the smiles still on his face “even you still doesn’t know what this guy feels about you, at least makes sure your feeling for him is enough for the both of you.”

“For the both of us?”

“Yeah, because even he hasn’t realize or hasn’t have those feeling the way you do, your love could hope enough for the both of you to get happiness no matter what.” He answers it simply as he stand from his seat after he checked up at his watch a moment before “I should go, my husband is already waiting me on the station. See ya, wavy—brown—haired—in—love—guy.”

The man is leaving Kyu the moment after he saying that. He gets into the subway station as Kyu follow his presence until it’s gone between another people. Second after that, he gets a text from Seohyun that told him if she’s on her way. Perhaps waiting some more wouldn’t kill him.

 

.

.

.

 

“You seem happy, what’s going on?”

Jaejoong just smiles as the answer toward Yunho who stand in front of him inside the train, since the train kind of full which makes only Jaejoong who get the seats. Jaejoong lift his head and look at Yunho who is stare at him questioningly while his hands is hold the holder in the train. He is still waiting for Jaejoong’s answer that is now only smiles widely toward him as he tapping his finger over his knee.

“I guess I just change someone’s life…”  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))