Part 8.1 – The Yellow Umbrella

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It just another day when I should visited Ahra on hospital like usual. I already waiting her in her room like half hour since she said she has to meet someone and reporting some papers toward this person. Instead of leaving the hospital early like usual, I decide to just stay inside her room, spending the noon while I reading the book that she just gave me a week ago, beside even it’s already autumn, the weather outside still kind of hot at day.

“Oh, I thought you already leaving the moment I say I should go.” I lift my head from the book and found if Ahra just enter the room with another paper in her hand. She walk toward her desk and put the files over it before walking slowly toward me. I still looking at her when she sit beside me on the couch and shoving her hand inside his blouse pocket like she find something, and yet, she is “It’s Turkish Delight, wanna some?”

I only look at her palms where there is this six candies in nice wrapping color paper. I take two of it and start to eat it one. She also do the same before get up from the couch and walk toward her desk. “So who is this someone?”

“What do you mean?” Ahra asking me back as she throws the garbage on the trash can.

“I mean this person, seriously, first the book and now Turkish Delight. Who is it noona?” I says with teasing tone while keep chewing the candy inside my mouth. “I bet this person, is the same person right?”

Ahra just smile and sigh “Well, yeah it is.”

“Your boyfriend?” I ask again quickly.

“Oh come on, no! he’s not.” She answer it simply as she rearrange her table with the new document “he’s in the same age as you… perhaps he’s younger… and the fact is, no we’re just friends.”

“Whoa, wait, you say, he’s younger than me?” Ahra just nod for answer my question, while I still want to ask her many things “but, that mean he supposed to be still in—“

“College.” She cut my words and smile “he already get his first degree at music last spring at France. He’s younger graduated and for your information, he’s my boss’ son.”

There are so many information that I get from my sister about this guy. Well, he must be so smart or something like awesome. Since if he at the same age like me, he would be at around his 20s. “But you say, you ever told him if I take the history of art class? He’s in France right?”

“Well, even he’s study in France he always visiting this hospital every holiday, because his dads want him to take the role of this place just after he graduated, even he’s not from medical major.” She answer me with somehow weird tone like teasing. I still looking at her and forgetting much about the book over my lap, while I realize if she’s smirking “You know, for someone that never care about anyone, you’re pretty curious about him, aren’t you?”

I just widen my eyes and look at her with annoyed look. She just smile as I close the book on my lap and put it inside my bag. I’m not says anything about whatever she just says before, but then I just stand from my seat and start to walk toward the door. I just almost turn the knob to open the door when her words is stopping me “can I ask you something?”

I’m not say anything but take my hand off from the knob and waiting until she says something, anything. I can hear if she moves in the room after she stands from her seat. She walks over somewhere like she takes something I don’t know, since I’m not looking to what she’s doing.

“You know, I’m sure you’ll regret it if you not bring this.” I turn my head to my back and found if Ahra holding up the yellow umbrella in her hand. An umbrella that isn’t mine “you always bring this thing everywhere these days. It looks like something precious and important”

I’m taking the umbrella from her hand at look at her who is now smiles at me. I look at the umbrella in my hand and think about it, about what Ahra just says, something precious and important, but then I realize, if this umbrella is not mine. “Well, actually, this isn’t mine.” I says simply which makes Ahra raised one of her eyebrows.

“Really? So why you not giving it back to the owner?”

“Well…” I stops for a little while as I thinking to what I supposed to say about the owner of this thing, who is actually a man that I always met by coincidence “actually I don’t know who is the owner, and by bring it everywhere, I hope I’ll meeting this person and return it thought.”

I can see now if Ahra really are confused with my words. She’s just looking at me with this questioning look that really ask for an answer. But instead of answer her question, I just say good bye to her and leave the room quickly and leave for my late lunch at the Fourth Avenue Café.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

don't blame me, I love HIMYM, duh!

thanks for reading :))