Part 9.1 – The Wedding Party, night

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

“You look pretty lost. What’s wrong?”

Changmin turn his head to his left only to find Yoochun smile at him with a glass of scotch in his hands. He not answer the question and only let it flow with the night air, like a dust swept by the wind. Yoochun understand about it, and he knows, if he not needs to ask more the younger and only accompany the other instead for a little while.

It’s quiet a peace place here, even though they still can hear clearly the wedding band that start to play the music at the background. Yoochun not know since when Changmin stand in here along, leaning up on the porch fence and smoke a cigar. Well, he’s kind of person that never smoke if he’s not facing something really serious, or something just blows his minds out. Changmin is glancing toward the older slowly when he realizes if he’s being stared at since always.

“You know, it just so sad when I’m seeing you like this.” Yoochun says simply as he take a box of cigar in front of Changmin and lit up one from it. Changmin not says anything and only wait until the other continue the words “it’s a wedding party where everyone supposed to be happy, but back here, you just try to blows your problem away like what you’ve done to the cigar.”

It’s a simple talk that makes Changmin smile suddenly, but somehow, listening and try to understand that words only makes himself sort kind of lunatic. He bring his head down and sigh for a little while. He even seems forgetting the cigar that still between in his right hand. Yoochun stare at him, not saying anything but only wait to every reaction that the younger would give him.

“I think…” He finally slips something from his mouth with a slight low tone “… I like someone…”

Yoochun just smile knowingly. He turn his body so his back can lean on the fence and make him stare at the clear night sky while he keep listening whatever the other would say toward him. Changmin laugh bitterly to himself without any sound. The cigar in his hands already off before he toss it somewhere on the ground between the bush. He still not lift his head and he doesn’t know why he’s gritted his teeth suddenly when something weird feeling crept up into his chest.

“But then I realize, we can’t be together…”

“Why? Are you even—wait, don’t tell me if this person is Seohyun?” Yoochun suddenly try to look at the younger who still only looking down to the ground “if she is, you absolutely can’t take her from Yonghwa you know.”

Changmin is laugh a little and facing Yoochun “Of course not! They’re married today, you’re being silly.” While the older only rolled his eyes when he listen what he’s saying “well actually, this person is a guy.”

“So?” Yoochun says simply before he takes his glass of scotch and drink it again.

“You of course remember what happen to Yunho and Jaejoong right?” Changmin says slowly as his eyes scanning around the place, like he try to makes sure if there’s no one around.

Yunho and Jaejoong are just a normal people like them. Jaejoong is actually one of Yoochun best friend since senior high, and Yunho is actually a part of Jung. He’s the third cousin of Jung Yonghwa who now is actually Seohyun’s husband while Seohyun is Changmin’s fifth cousin who is a year older than him. Story short, Jaejoong and Yunho is just like a fairy tale when they first encounter happen, like when a boy meet girl, but in this case both of them are guy. Things are going pretty well at first when they keep hide their things from family and friends until one day, they decide to open up about their relationship. Everyone shock especially the Jung, and less than an hour they’re being kick out from the house without any merci. The family member forbid to help them, which make the two only can lean on their friends, and two of them is Changmin and Yoochun.

“Yeah, I know, but you’re not even related to the Jung right? so—Oh my god, you just related to the Jung!?” Yoochun suddenly says with a weird tone as he realize if Changmin just related to the Jung with this marriage “but still, this guy or even your family not need to know it, you know.”

Changmin still stay silent as he look somewhere else. He look downstairs toward the bunch of people that talking into each other with a drink in their hand. Even he look at them, his mind is going somewhere else like it getting lost into the outer space. Yoochun just sighs before he bring his hand around the younger shoulder and lead him to walk and join him inside the hall again.

“You know Changmin-ah…” Yoochun says slowly just a moment before they arrived on the door way “You can’t force destiny. If it’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen. So maybe, even you’re doubt about this things, if it’s your destiny, believe me, you won’t regret anything”

“Changmin Oppa! Yoochun Oppa!”

Changmin just open his mouth to say something toward Yoochun when suddenly a voice called them which is actually Seohyun’s. Yoochun just smile toward the girl and so does Changmin before he pat Changmin shoulder as he walk pass him by to Seohyun, which only makes Changmin do the same, by follow him behind.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))