Part 12.2 – The Pin

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It’s already dark outside when I off from my sister office. She hold me on her office because she said she need someone to talk to even though most of the time she would move back and forth in the room while she’s chewing the dumplings that I brought for her while her hand holding some papers of documents. She makes me just sit on the couch in her room and looking at a stack of papers on the table in front of me. I just really want to leave, but then something hold me quiet long there.

Honestly is because the fact that any possibility if Changmin also in the building get into my head. I mean, yes that’s true if finally I found out if Changmin is my sister’s boss’ son and with that fact, perhaps I could meet Changmin here and just give him right away the pin that my sister told me to give him. In the end, I never have any chance to ask my sister about Changmin even once because she seems so busy with papers and stuffs.

I stand on the side of the Peron, waiting for the last subway to home. My sister isn’t with me, because she needs about an hour or two more to finishes her works. I curve my lips and sighs a little as the train come. The moment the door open, I just get inside and quickly sit on the seat near the door, and since it’s the last train that night, the place seems quiet empty, only me and two other man sit across each other on the other side of the train. 

I just laid my back on the seat before I sigh to myself. The train’s door is closed just right after someone get inside to the train and quickly bring himself to sit right beside me. I turn my head a little to see who is this guy actually who sit beside me. I smile a little and found if this person is actually smiles to himself. He’s Changmin “I never thought if I would also meet you on the last subway though.”

He says with a low tone but I still can hear him perfectly. Like usual, he would like to hug his satchel while he using his backpack behind. He’s using his earphone even I guess, he paused the song that he played on his iPod. It’s something that remind me of how we first met, or perhaps, the time when I realizes his presence, because I’m not sure if he realizing mine while that time he closes his eyes like he’s sleeping on the train. I start to smile widely to myself when the memories back into my mind.

“Neither do I” I say simply and bring my gaze back to the front.

The ride is practically silence for a couple of minutes because I guess neither of us knows what we should talk about. Yes, that is right we like to meet each other coincidentally, but we never really have a proper talk, so it’s kind of weird when we sit side by side right now and just silence. I glanced a little toward him and found if he close his eyes. He even playing the music from his iPod quiet loud which makes me can hear the music from it. I still get into silence when I realize what kind of chance it is.

I open my backpack slowly and take a small brown box from inside it, after that, I turn my gaze toward Changmin and poking his hands with my index finger slowly. He open his eyes the second I touch him and look at me with this calm look just like the one on the party when we introducing our self into each other. Without word, I just bring my gaze down and put the brown box on his open hands over his lap. I can feel he look at me questioningly, but I can’t look at his face right now, I don’t know why.

“What is it?” he takes the box from his hands and look at it closely. I lift my head a little to see if he start to open the box and look what inside it. Oh, Lord, I know this is a bad idea, I should not listen to what noona says since the first time. I better just forget about—

“Well, it’s nice, thank you.” I can hear a cheering in his words. I completely lift my head now and looking at his face. He looks like a kid that being told if Christmas come earlier this year. He put his head own and takes his tie that he uses, he clipped the pin there before a smile plastered on his face. He turn his head toward me with his hand hold his tie “what do you think?”

I don’t know what he’s exactly tried to ask me. I mean, is he asking about the pin on his tie, or how he’s look right now with the pin on his tie, or just how he looks right now. I swallowing my own saliva that somehow feels hurt on my throat before I smile and nod “Perfect… absolutely perfect…”

“Wow, thanks though.” He still smiles to himself and turn his head back to the first position. I still stuck in my place and cursing myself inside for saying something like that. I mean, I’m not sure to what I try to say, but it just come out from my mouth the moment I see his smile, oh God, help me. It was a moment after until I realize if he’s shoves his phone in front of my face which makes me blinking my eyes couple times and back into reality “Give me your number.”

“Eh, what?”

“I said, give me your number.” He is moving his phone slowly in front of my face as he waiting me to take it. I slowly take it from his hands and start typing my phone number. I handed him back his phone and want to ask something, but he answer it right away “so, in the future I could giving you something back.”

“What? Eh… but you don’t need to…”

“Yeah, but I want to.” He smiles again and starts typing on his phone. I still look at him and then toward his tie to where the pin from me is still clipped there. Suddenly I can feel something vibrated on my pocket which is actually my phone. It’s a miscalled from unknown number “You have my number now. I wonder if it would help you with something, anything.”

I look at him for a little while and back to my phone’s screen. i smile to myself because I never expect that I would have his number like now. I just save his number on my contact when the train is stop on where is should off.  I quickly take my belonging and stand from my seat. I turn my head toward him who is staring at me with a slight smile on his face “Home safe Kyu…”

“Yeah, I’ll…” I return his smile “see ya Changmin…” and off from the train the moment after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))