Part 4.1 – The Fourth Avenue Café, Lunch

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

It’s late or almost like tea time when Changmin finish his work and have a fast walk toward the corner of the boulevard when he know very well a place. A small simple place with a vintage brick for the wall and so many flowers coloring the front of the window of the place, making for some people thinks if the place is sort of florist instead of café. He held his satchel on his right hand while on his left held his coat. He also using this black backpack to bring his laptop and college books that he need for his study. An earphone always on his ears since he left the office for have a simple late lunch before he smile a little when he realize if he already stand in front of the café’s door.

“Welcome—oh you, little brat.” Yoochun turn his words just a moment when he realize who is coming through the door.

Changmin is just smirking a little before he walk toward his cousin for telling the older if he ordering the usual. Honestly, Yoochun always know what his cousin wants every Wednesday, a Carbonara and a cup or caramel macchiato, and for sure, that’s odd. At first, whenever Changmin come into this place, he never has a same order for following week of for certain days, but then one day, someone change everything.

 

.

.

.

 

It was late likes usual when Changmin sipping his lime tea with a bowl of Hungarian Goulash soup in front of him. it was late spring when the rain fall that day. He, as usual, using his earphone to distract him from the chat that usually happens in café. He always chose to sit on the corner of the place, facing the wide window so he back facing everyone on the café. Has his own space in peace as he keeps eating his lunch.

“I hate this love song… I hate this love song… I hate this love song…”

Changmin stop halfway to bring the spoon into his mouth when he hears the voice. Well, the song from his iPod just ends at the same time, when someone sings the lyric of ‘Love Song’ right behind him. Even he using earphone, he can perfectly how this person’s voice really are soft and sweet, really clear in his ear and makes him want to take off his earphone just to hear this person sing again, and yet, he does that.

He put the spoon back on the bowl and take his iPod to pause the song that he played at, and then he take off his earphone off and put it back into his satchel. He don’t want to act weird by suddenly turn his head toward the back of his seat to see who is sing the song before, which make him only smile like idiot in silent as he steering his soup randomly.

At since that time, it’s something become like a routine for him. Come quiet late every Wednesday noon at Yoochun’s café, sit on the corner and order Carbonara and Caramel Macchiato just because the voice of the person is so nice and remind him of his two favorite dishes. And for the record, he never want to know who is this guy is. Even Yoochun always offering him to telling about his name, but he always refuse it, because for sure, he never believe in destiny.

 

.

.

.

 

“He hasn’t come yet, are you sure you not disturbed by the voice here?”

Changmin turn his face from the book that he read toward his cousin who slowly put all his order on the table. He look at the cup of Caramel Macchiato that as a nice creamy color and makes him smile slowly just by looking at it. “It’s fine hyung, beside, I have plenty of time today, to wait him sing.”

Yoochun looking at his cousin for a little while as he look at him weirdly “You’re weird.” He laugh a little so does Changmin “I just wonder how if he not sing like usual? Will you know if it was him?”

“Well, he usually says ‘thank you’ after his order come, and sometimes, I know if it was him only by his voice, and sometimes, even he says nothing, I just know, if it was him.” Changmin laughs to himself once again feeling weird for himself and somehow, lunatic “weird right?”

Yoochun only get silenced and look at Changmin who avoid his gaze and look at the window immediately he doesn’t says anything to response what the younger say, he only sigh for a little while and leaving instead when he hear someone come into the café from the bell over the door which ring and tell him if someone is coming. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since it's Drabble, my mind get crazy about it, and yes I'm a person that always thinking and debating on my own why it has to be a destiny not a chemistry.

and well, grateful to always listening L'arc~en~Ciel and giving me this idea of chapter title.

 

Thanks for reading :))