Part 8.3 – The Yellow Umbrella

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

 

It was just a piece of junk when he read it under the street light. It’s kind of old flyer that he picks from the subway. Already ruined and wrinkles with some dirt over it. Somehow it looks like something that already thrown out under the train seat and no one really cares about to take it and throw it on the garbage. He just sigh a little as he wrinkled the paper more and tosses it on the trash can as he walk pass by once at the corner.

It’s already late evening. The clock that hanging on the front wall right on the wall of the toy shop in the corner telling him if it’s already get into nine that night. He not really care about time for today, since some papers held him to have lunch outside and do his rituals to have a carbonara and caramel macchiato that day. He not really care at all for all sake that he done today, and thing that he just wanna do now is only to go at the avenue where he supposed to have lunch every Wednesday.

The place it’s almost empty when he comes. There’s only a young couple sits on the front near the door and a man that seems like he’ll have a night shift. He is not saying anything when the bell over the door rings. He even just walk passing by, not even care to his cousin who greeting him like usual. He just gets into his spot, the chair on the corner of the room that facing the window. His cousin is looking at him from afar and he just sighs before he walks closer to the other.

“You’re not come this afternoon.” Yoochun says slowly as he put a cup of earl gray on the table in front of Changmin “aren’t you missed ‘his voice’?”

Changmin just laughs slowly as he untied his tie and put it over the table beside the tea. He takes the cup slowly and sip the hold liquid for a second between his words “Well, I have something to do with papers thought.” He says simply before he put the cup back on the table “beside, even I’m not here and no one will miss me… well, except you.”

Yoochun just look at the younger slowly and his look is means something. He wants to tell about the guy that always sits behind him. A guy that makes Changmin always orders Carbonara and Caramel Macchiato every Wednesday. A guy that asking about his absence today. A guy that tell Yoochun about something silly like missing someone that he not even knows, but again, all he just does is only silence, and keep the afternoon conversation just for him.

“But, how if actually that guy missed you?” Yoochun says slowly in careful tone. He even avoided Changmin’s look by focusing his gaze at the cup on the table.

“Well, if it’s that so, I would really happy you know. Hahaha.” He slips a small laugh in her words before take the cup again and start to sip it, until he suddenly stops like he realize something “wait, do you talk to him?”

“No?” Yoochun says simply with still avoided Changmin’s look. He’s even answering with a simple word that more like a question back than an answer “why should I? Right, I…. gotta go.” and he’s leaving the table quickly like he’s avoiding any possibility that the younger could ask at him in every moment.

Changmin still has the cup on his hand and look to where Yoochun’s leaving toward the kitchen. He raised one of his eyebrows and has this questioning look toward his cousins who seem like he hiding something from him. He even sure if Yoochun is gone to avoided all questions that he would ask if he still stay there for any longer. He just sighs to himself and put the cup back on the table before he put the earphones on his ears and start listening to the music to spend the time.

 

.

.

.

 

Changmin open his eyes when he feels someone is shaking his body. He turn his head to his right and found Yoochun is the one who shake his body by his shoulder. He straighten up his sit position and take off his earphone so he can hear to whatever Yoochun would say to him.

“Aren’t you home with train? You not bring your car aren’t you? It’s getting late.” Yoochun is pointing at the clock at the wall that shows if it’s almost ten at night “Unless you want to sleep over here… you know.”

“No need to.” Changmin says a little with a yawn. He seems falls asleep when he using the earphone in his ears “I have meeting tomorrow morning and I couldn’t use the same shirt tomorrow.”

Yoochun just smile as he helped Changmin collected all his belonging. Put it inside his backpack and satchel before he walk the younger yet taller walk toward the front door of the café. This place is already empty, only left couple of workers on the kitchen that still clean up the dishes. Yoochun open the front door slowly for Changmin until they’re both stops walking and only look at the sky.

“It’s rain…” Yoochun says slowly as the droplets falls from the sky quiet fast in second. Yoochun turn his head toward Changmin who raised his hands on the air to feels the water “Do want me to call you a cab? You know, Jaejoong bring my car to meet Yunho, so—“

“That’s okay hyung, I’m fine. It’s just a rain.” Changmin says with a little laugh before he bring his satchel up over his head “The station is a block away, so I guess it would be fine if—“

“Wait in here!” Yoochun says suddenly, cutting Changmin words as he get inside the café again, leaving the younger looking at him weirdly. Changmin bring his satchel down from his head and waiting for Yoochun who finally comeback after a moment, but now with a yellow umbrella in his hand “take it, it’s better than your satchel.”

Changmin is just looking at the umbrella that Yoochun holding now. It’s a simple plain yellow umbrella just like something that he used to have, but then his umbrella is supposed to be with someone right now, or, it is.

“Someone’s just leaving it on the table today.” Yoochun explain shortly while he tries to open the umbrella and give the handle to him “so I guess it would be better if you use it now, beside it’s supposed to protect us from the rain right?”

Changmin just says nothing, but only look at the umbrella that now already on his hands. He still looks at it until he not realize if Yoochun already push him a little to walk under the rain “Come on! You better leave now, or you’ll miss the last train, you brat!” as he laughs a little before get inside the café and turn the sign in the front door to ‘close’. Meanwhile, Changmin just hold the umbrella really tight with a smile never leave his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I understand if few people start to get frustrated about the two that haven't even know each other yet. Well, so do I when I wrote this story, but then I already finish it and split it into chapters.  so I guess, don’t worry about how and when they’ll met, because they will, in no time…

Thanks for reading :))