Part 3 – Bus, morning

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

The thing that I hate about Monday morning is I should using public bus to go at college. It’s not that I can’t use the car that my father gave me for my birthday present, but it’s only because my sister who monopolize every car at home. Honestly, she has her own car, but she would prefer using my M5 with no reason. All she would explain only because it suited well with her Monday blouse or something. The worst part is, even she using my car, she wouldn’t let me to use her. She can manipulated everything and tell this and that to makes me using the public transportation every Monday, and in the end, I only can nod to everything that she says.

I’m shaking my own head when the bus arrived in front of me. I take the bus number two and get inside it between other passengers who also take the ride. The bus is slight empty even its Monday, because it’s already almost nine in the morning. I walk quiet far behind and sit on the second row from the back beside an old lady who seems focusing her gaze on the window like he preventing to fall asleep. I take off my backpack and out it in front of my chest over my lap as I hugging it slowly. The bus door was almost close when suddenly it open once again, letting someone get inside the bus just the moment before it off.

I’m not really care to the person that joins the ride in the last minutes, but then I can’t take my eyes off from the seat in front of me, to where this person sits. Yes, you can call me rude for staring at the back of the person’s head in front of me, but well, he’s that guy again. A guy from the subway and library days ago. It exactly the same guy with his earphone still on his ears. He seems not realize my presence here, just behind him, or maybe he realize my presence but he not care or even forgot—oh come on! What am I thinking? We don’t even know each other, silly me—about me.

I quickly take my eyes off from the man in front of me and stare at my backpack. I gritted my teeth and sigh slowly before I closing my eyes and let my mind get lost into something else.

Most of the ride, I spent by thinking about some math formula in my head, about how the ride will end and about what I’m going do just a moment when I arrived at my class. Am I going to die on this bus or arrived safely? Sometimes I get my mind into something weird like how if actually everyone in the earth is alien, but their mind already being set for thought as human. I still in my deep thought when suddenly there is this palm waving in front of my face and make me widen my eyes in shock and get into reality. I look at where the palm goes which is toward the owner’s waist. It’s that guy again,

He already stands from the seat in front of me—and I don’t realize since when—like he waiting the bus to stop at the station in few moment. I look up at the guy who actually has a calm—nice—childish—look smiles at me which makes his eyes mismatched sweetly. The bus finally stops and he turn his head for a little while toward the door on the back just behind my seat. He looks at me again for a little while with the same smile before start walk passing me toward the door, leaving me staring at the spot he just stand moments ago.

The bus starts to ride again. I blink my eyes couple times as I realize if what just happening moments ago is real. I bring my gaze to my backpack as I can’t stop my lips to curve into smile.