Part 9.2 – The Wedding Party, night.

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

 

It’s quiet pretty late that evening for me attending the wedding party of my friend. In my way I still try to fix my tie, try using it as I storm off from my room upstairs and try to using my shoe really fast. That night I get my car on my own. Usually, at Saturday night, Ahra would makes me use a spare car on the garage because she would makes his friends use mine, but today, she has her night shift on the weekend which makes me can use my own car to the wedding.

The time when I come to that place, I being surrounded by a people that greeting me really warm like I’m part of the family. The bride, Seohyun, who is actually the wife of my best friend or maybe like a childhood friends is approaching me when I still talk with his brother who is stay at in front of the door. She come into me and hugs me really tight. She even peck my cheeks before moment after that, his husband Yonghwa come to me and shaking my hand, saying how thankful he is since I helping Seohyun decorating this place whenever I have time.

The groom and the bride leaving me after they talking about something like the flowers or even the buffet. I’m not really get to what they says since the wedding band playing the music quiet hard and it’s hard to me to hear what they’re talking about even in this distance. I smile at them and bows me head once again after saying congratulation for their marriage for the third time that night. When they’re already gone, suddenly I felt alone all over again.

The place is actually really crowded. People are around me and they’re talking to each other easily. I stand there on the room awkwardly, sometimes smile when someone smiles at me or even suddenly our gaze are met. Feeling bored, I just walk toward the bar where I ask for a scotch and drink it right away. I have nothing to do honestly or nothing to say. Even days before the wedding happen I get really excited about things, this and that, but then, now I just stand alone with nothing but a glass of scotch in my hand.

“What are you thinking Kyu?” I turn my head and looking at Seohyun who is smiling toward me. She’s look very stunning tonight, with a white wedding gown that perfectly fit with her fair skin “you’re the wedding decorator that seems lost in his own room.”

I just laugh, while she is smile and ordering a glass of champagne and sip it slowly when it comes “Somehow I wish, I can be in your very position right now.”

“Why?”

“Well, you know, married, have a huge business, your husband even a CEO in a company and…” I stops for a little while as a smile curve into my face with no reason “the important things is, you already met the ‘one’ and that is Yonghwa.”

I already empty my glass and out it on the bar. Seohyun does the same before he sighs and holding my shoulder and squeeze it “You know, you can’t just skip ahead to where you think your life should be.” I turn my head for a little while toward Seohyun who is still smile at me “come on, let’s get around! No one should feel sad at a party you know!”

I just nod my head when she says something like that and let her lead me by my shoulder toward everywhere in this place. We walk toward some family member of her and Yonghwa’s. She introduces me toward them and telling some story about us a little. She also brings me between her friends who are I found quiet nice and interesting. She brings me into the buffet table, makes me brings the plate, while she’s the one who take all the food and force me to eat that later. Somehow, I found this moment is kind of endearing even a little part of me still feeling lonely.

“Oh, finally! That’s my cousin there, with his friend!”

I lift my head in second from the plate that full of the foods in my hand when she says something about her cousin and his friend. I follow her gaze toward two person who are practically talking just around the doorway. Honestly I can’t really seeing their face since we’re quiet have this distance, but I feel something about it.

“Changmin Oppa! Yoochun Oppa!” Seohyun shouting quiet loud to make the two person turn their head, and actually I realized now about the feeling, it’s because Yoochun’s being called by Seohyun. And when I said Yoochun, yes, it’s Yoochun from the fourth avenue café, where I liked to spend my Wednesday lunch at. The other person is also turns his head and start walking and as he’s getting closer I just realize who he is.

That guy… again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))