Part 13.2 – The Lily of The Nile

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

The sun is up and the sky is blue. It’s around eleven at noon and I walk on the sideway with my hands inside my pocket. I can take away the smile on my face. I don’t know, it just so hard to get rid of it. It’s Saturday when finally I get out from the house after almost a week stuck in my room because of the college stuffs. Actually today, I would love to spent the whole day in my room for a little bit more, even though perhaps it’s kind of devastating to just stuck in there, but at least I want to spent my day by playing game not doing any work for my class, but in the end, I just get out from my room and walk on the town now toward a café which is not Yoochun’s hyung.

It started this morning when I just finish my shower. I still try to dying up my hair with the towel while I walk toward my bed and sit at the end of it. I look at my phone which is laid on the side table since I try to charge it up. The screen light is on and showing if there is a message sent to me few moments ago. I move closer there as I stop drying my hair and put the towel around my shoulder. Taking my phone and swipe the screen so it’s unlocks.

A smile appears on my face. Okay, I don’t really sure how come a simple message can be so aannoyingly make me smile goofily toward my phone screen. With still the smile never leave my face I start to read the message that actually sent by Changmin.

 

Do you have free time today? Oh wait, am I waking you up right now!? If that so, I’m sorry.

 

He’s funny.

I started to type on my phone for my reply toward him. I just go with something simple like ‘Yes I’m free, what’s up?’ before I sent that toward him, but then a few second later I sent another message for him, even though I know it’s not necessary though, but I just want to do that, well ‘by the way, I already woken up before you text me…’

It just a few minutes after the last of my message is sent to him. My phone is beeping tell me if there is a new message there. I just put the towel back on the bath room as I use my tee. I don’t know why but it kind of fun to texting in the morning. Well, I never texting with anyone this early, perhaps, I barely texting with anyone. I walk quiet fast toward the bed and take my phone there, and the text of course comes from Changmin.

 

Great! Well, there is this Restaurant near a bookstore three blocks down from your place. Let’s have lunch together there.

 

He’s kind of optimistic there.

I mean, he not even asking me if I agree to have lunch with him, or even if I knew this restaurant. He just like tells me if I should come with him there because he wants that. I laugh with no voice when I finish read that message. I started to typing about if I would love that, but then something come up into my mind like, perhaps it wouldn’t kill if I teasing him a little bit on my message.

 

Why you so sure that I want to go with you? Beside three blocks away is far, I’m too lazy to out from my room when my mom could cook something for me.

 

It happens to be like ten minutes or so with no replies. I thought something like perhaps he’s losing word or something. I also thought that he might mad or get disappointed, taking my text quiet seriously. Well, I felt kind of guilty then. I take my phone again and start to typing like ‘I’m just kidding, you know…’ when suddenly there a reply from Changmin. I stop typing and read his reply.

 

Oh, okay. I’m sorry then. Have a great day Kyu.

 

He really takes it seriously, doesn’t he?

I quickly sent the text that I say if I’ kidding toward him. And in the end of the text I added like ‘Of course I would like to have lunch with you… well, if the offer still on.’ And sent it toward him. He seems kind off losing word when I reply him before and that’s perhaps explaining well why he just reply mw last text by ‘Okay meet you there around twelve.’ Is he mad or something? I felt kind of guilty now.

I already arrive at the corner on the blocks where we supposed to meet. I could see the bookstore that Changmin told me on his text, but I couldn’t see the restaurant. Well, perhaps I should get closer to find it out. I stand alone there while still wait the light for the pedestrian to change color so I could pass the street when suddenly someone take my right hand out from my pocket up in the air. I’m not looking at the one who take my hand out from my pocket that moment, because my eyes is focusing on the things that actually being put by this person on my right hand.

If I’m not wrong, it’s Lily of the Nile, like the one that I found in Yoochun’s hyung café and turn it into key chain.

After a while I looking at the thing in my hand I turn my head to the right where this person that put this thing is not looking at me but to the street forward. It’s Changmin. His hands no longer on mine, but already inside his trouser pocket. For now, he not using a suit like he usually do on work days. He just uses something simple and casual. I still stare at him, whether is because I would like questioning him, or I’m just amaze with how he looks now.

“If you have a laser eyes, I might already die by now because how you stare at me.”

He laughs a little without looking at me. I quickly put my gaze from him toward my hands that still hold this small Lily of the Nile in front of my chest. I know I should thank him now, but I feel like I just lost word on my throat. Suddenly I could feel something touch my right cheek, which is unsurprisingly Changmin index finger which just poking me there. I look at him with a confused look while he just smile and bring his hands back inside his pocket.

“We should cross the street now, or the lights would turn red again.” He says with a smile. He walks a few steps forward leaving me still stare at his back without moving. He stops walking and turn his body back, realize if I still stuck there. He smile a little before tilting his head and take one of his hands out from his pocket before offer it to me “What are you waiting Kyu? Come on!”

I look at his hand that still hangs in the air. I smile widely before I slowly take his hand, and for a little while, I don’t really care what people would say about us.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just realize how slow their relationship grow in this stories, but i guess, I enjoy it to write their 'slow realization' of what they feel. haha. and yeah, I broke my own rule by adding two chapters today. sorry

Thanks for reading :))