Part 14.1 - Something

No Reason, Its Chemistry

 

 

 

“Good morning mom.”

Ahra just rubbing her eyes slowly as she walk with slightly closed eyes toward the kitchen. She walks through the door way and walk pass her mom that not reply her toward the fridge. She open the fridge and take the carton of orange juice before she get a glass from the cupboard and pour some into it. She turn her head a little looking at her mom that stay still on her place and looking at the wide window by the sink where it facing the backyard. She liked to question it to what actually her mom looked at right now.

Ahra put back the carton inside the fridge before finally he stand beside her mom and take a sip of her orange juice. Now both of them only stare at the window and looking through toward the backyard where they could see Kyu actually watering the flower there. Ahra smile a little when she realize which exact flower that Kyu watering right now.

“Is there something happen to your brother lately?”

Ahra chuckles a little when she takes the empty glass down to the sink “Sort of…”

That’s the only thing that she says, well, actually there is so many things that happen toward Kyu lately, like the one when suddenly he’s home with a pot of flower and bunches of question toward her. Ahra just home from her late shift that day and suddenly when Kyu come to her with so much question she just can’t stand to answer it but teasing his brother in the end because how slightly red his cheeks that time. She never being told to what actually happen but she knows that must be something.

“I just wonder who the girl is…” Ahra smile slowly faded away when she realizes what her mom just saying. She blinks her eyes few times before he slowly turn her face toward her mom that smile softly, something that she barely see since she’s always busy with her work “What do you mean mom?”

“You know exactly what I mean.” This time her mom is turning her face a toward her for a little while still with her smile on her face before back toward the window and look at Kyu’s back again. “Your brother never interested in something like this before, well take caring something, but now he’s just doing so, which only can make by someone that special for him. I bet that flower must be from this special girl.”

She can hear an excitement in her mom voice while she says something like that. Ahra still stares at her mom that smile widely now, like she’s thinking about this girl in her imaginary with Kyu, but somehow it makes Ahra quiet sad. She slowly bring her gaze toward the window again and found if Kyu is no longer watering the Lily of the Nile, but he still there like he talking with that potted flower. Ahra knows exactly from whom that flower is, and she also know that it given by someone that perhaps special for Kyu, but then, this person isn’t a girl.

“Alright, I should go before the jam started.” Her mom says as she takes her gaze away from the window. She’s turn her body and walk toward the dining table to take her bag and use it while she out her mantle on her hands. She smile toward Ahra and put her hand on her cheek before she leaving the place “Bye sweetheart.”

“Bye mom…”

 

.

.                                                                                                                                                        

.

 

“Why don’t you just admit it already?”

Kyu turn his head in second when he could hear his sister voice not far from the pace where he sit on the ground now. He could see that his sister has this teasing smile on her face as she slowly walk toward the bench on their backyard before sit there. He just shows her an annoyed look before back looking at the potted flower all over again.

It’s been likes four days since Changmin gave him the Lily of the Nile, and it not a kind of easy days for Kyu since he never take care of something for years since the last gold fish that died. He, when he’s home with the potted flower, he bombardier the house with so much question toward his sister to what he should do with this things and in the end he just find all the answer on the internet only because she not helping at all while all she done that day is only teasing him with his blushing cheeks.

Kyu still not answering her but he brings his up and walks closer to her before joining her on the bench. They now sit side by side and separate by a single gap there. They stare at the potted flower across them while slowly Kyu take off his shoes and bring his feet up on the bench as he turn his sit position cross-legged. They both still using pajamas that morning, well, beside it’s not even seven though.

“You think that flower would survive? I mean, I don’t exactly know what to do with it.”

“It will, believes me.”

“Why you so sure?”

“No reason.”

The talk end there, and Kyu just stare at the potted flower for a little while before he chuckles a little. He brings his gaze down toward his hands over his crossed legged and smile there. Ahra look at him from the corner of her eyes. She could see at how the smile in his brother face never leaves and how it getting wide as the second goes by. Suddenly Kyu turn his head toward her and makes their eyes meet.

“You really must admit that.”

Kyu expression change suddenly when he hears what she just says “What?”

“This ‘something’”

“What ‘something’?”

They stare into each other face for a little while before Ahra laughs and stand toward her feet. Kyu only shows this questioning look toward her who is now already start to walk toward the doorway to the kitchen in the house. His gaze still following her and when suddenly turn her body to look at him, he would like to ask her, but she says something first “Why don’t you ask Changmin what this ‘something’ is about?”

She just swiftly gets inside after she says something like that. On the other hand, Kyu still stare at where she just be a few second ago, as the question get inside his mind and buzzing around there. He bite his bottom lips as he thinks about what his sister just says as he slowly turn his sit position back and face the potted flower again. He looks at it for a second before he lift his head and stare at the blue sky above.

“Should I ask him about this something’?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for reading :))